Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:01 am
Name: ~Kiana_Nala~
Do you have Discord? Yes
If Not, would you be willing to get Discord? Already have Discord.
What timezone are you in? JST but moving to EST on August 8th
What's your availability like? When I move back to the US I will be job hunting, so I will have an excess of time available. I'm not too busy to check messages or RPs now, but I don't have as much time to RP as I have in the past--though that will change in the coming weeks.

Do you believe you have a sound understanding of the fundamental RP rules/Lore of soquili? Yes, I've been part of the shop since it's founding (followed Sirenz from the Neko shop) and have also been an active part of RPing throughout that time. I've been active in RPing in the shop until I moved to Japan in 2018 but prior to that I think my past RPs and winning an award for my RP with Alexandre in 2016 showcases my understanding of the rules/Lore.
If you could change one RP/lore rule in soquili, what would it be? #10 of the RP rules where you can't backdate an RP with a Shifter once they have been put into the teepee/the owner has RP'ed them post curse. I think there should be some wiggle room as someone may come up with a great storyline which leads to a post-cursed plot point. I think if other soquili can backdate an RP point blank then so should Shifters. c:
You've been tasked with coming up with an idea for the next RP month - it can be whatever you want. What is it?
You're not sure when it started, but you feel as though the world is holding its breath. As if it's waiting for something. . . or someone. Is it an omen or a sign of great things to come? The water and grass seem to move unnaturally in wake of this sign--or is it merely a trick of the mind? Are the shadows creeping closer or are you drifting closer to them? There is change afoot and it's up to you to determine what it is and how you'll greet it. One thing is for certain, you have a decision to make. Will you be brave? Or will you hide from what lurks on the horizon?

Why do you want to work for Soquili? Like many applying, I've been a part of the shop for years and would love to continue improving the lore of the shop as well as creating fun and unique events to encourage further RP within the shop. I think it would be great to bring back RP awards and other fun incentives in addition to the RP prompts being utilized recently.
Why do you believe you'd be a good fit for this position? I'm a great fit for this position because I've been in the shop since it's founding, I'm known for being friendly and caring, I take great pride in my professionalism, and have personal and professional experiences that make me uniquely qualified to problem solve and generate fun events for the shops patrons.
Anything else you'd like to add? As I mentioned above, I'll be moving from Japan on August 8th (will also be arriving to the US on August 8th) so a couple days before and after I may not be available as much. Besides that, I've got an excess of time and can check over RPs or respond to questions at hours someone in PST or MST might not be able to. I've also had experience working in a similar role in Tendaji as an activity manager before ownership changed hands again.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:25 am
Name: Tsunake
Do you have Discord? Yes!
If Not, would you be willing to get Discord? n/a
What timezone are you in? CST!
What's your availability like? I work from home, and I check my phone/Gaia pretty regularly and am able to chat on Discord. In the afternoons, I am on the computer and am available until around 9-10 CST.

Do you believe you have a sound understanding of the fundamental RP rules/Lore of soquili? I do, and if I'm not sure of something, I'll always be certain to double-check and ask!

If you could change one RP/lore rule in soquili, what would it be? I've really appreciated the changes to Shifter lore! I would also like to see some possible changes to Cursedshifters as well. Right now, it seems like Pureshifters are far preferred due to having paws/claws/etc, and poor Curseds don't get nearly enough attention. Naturally, this is something that would need to be discussed, but I'd like to give Curseds a little something to help them stand out on the RP front.

You've been tasked with coming up with an idea for the next RP month - it can be whatever you want. What is it? I'd like to do something spooky for the month of October! A Soquili can run into someone scary (or just scary looking), what happens? Are they genuinely in danger, or is it all just a misunderstanding? I figure this can be a way for people to play both sides--either the scarer, or the scare-ee! It leaves it open to be a lighter RP or something darker, depending on if people are looking for plot development or just a casual thing.

Why do you want to work for Soquili? Soquili is the shop I continue to come back to because of how much I love my characters and the lore/RP setting. I've gotten to read some amazing plots created by shop goers, and the big RP events that the staff has put out have always been memorable and exciting. I'd love to help eventually come up with some more big RP events for people to participate in, but also to just help out in general. The staff do so much for this shop, and after years of getting to participate, I'd like to give back as well!

Why do you believe you'd be a good fit for this position? I used to be an Assistant RP Manager here, and I have been an RP manager for several shops in the past (mostly Pern shops, I will happily elaborate if need be)! Generally speaking, I get along with everyone and I do my best to not let drama of any kind affect me. I've been around Gaia for over nearly two decades (SOB) and have dealt with the ups and downs in several shops, so I have experience and history in figuring out ways to appropriately handle problems that may crop up. I like to be a team player and think I'll mesh well with the current staff.

Anything else you'd like to add? Thank you for the opportunity!  

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Shi Berry

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:16 pm
Name: Shi Berry
Do you have Discord? Yes – Shix#0006
If Not, would you be willing to get Discord? n/a
What timezone are you in? PST
What's your availability like? Very available on Discord. I'm on Gaia typically four days a week. I'm currently a medical student with online lectures and discussions (only in person labs) so the only times I have to worry about are my exam blocks. I can communicate when these are (typically one week every other month) where I'm quite inactive except for quick questions.

Do you believe you have a sound understanding of the fundamental RP rules/Lore of soquili?
I feel like I have a solid grasp on RP rules and lore, and where to go if I have questions. I've dug through it a lot for my ponies and their stories.

If you could change one RP/lore rule in soquili, what would it be?
I would like to explore the rules surrounding magic. A lot of ponies show that they are magical on the art, so how that translates to the magic they can use in RP is something I'd like to see better defined or changed.

I'd also like to clear up rules regarding how Soquili become Elders. When I was going through it, I felt lost at times. I was digging through past Elder applications, other people's RPs, people's journals, any scrap of RP rules and lore I could find. I think going forward it would be nice to clear up what it takes to become an Elder and how to go about it. :3

You've been tasked with coming up with an idea for the next RP month - it can be whatever you want. What is it?
Simple word prompt! A word is given and serves as the theme for the RP. This can be like: "metamorphosis," "disgrace," "ashes," "longing," et cetera. It's pretty open-ended and up for interpretation for the writers.

Why do you want to work for Soquili?
I love this shop and the stories I've read and have been able to write with others. I've met wonderful people and am always excited to talk to others about their characters and what they want to do with them. I'm quite invested in RP here, and have had so much fun writing with others in this shop. I also love reading other people's RPs and the stories they have to share.

I hope to be a lorekeeper who makes RP fun for others. I love RP, I love worldbuilding, and I want to bring my passion and creativity to this shop that I've grown to love so much.

Why do you believe you'd be a good fit for this position?
In past shops, I have been responsible for worldbuilding, writing lore, RP management, power approvals, and the like. I want customers to be able to write their characters how they desire while ensuring the character fits in the setting of the shop, and I've grown pretty good at striking that balance. I enjoy the excitement people have about their characters and love helping their characters grow, just like others help mine. I am collaborative, friendly, and easy-going, which I believe are important qualities for this position so people feel comfortable approaching me with questions about the shop and their characters. If I am selected, I am looking forward to working with people to read and write fun stories. ♥

Anything else you'd like to add?
Though the shops below either didn't really take off or have closed, I wanted to show what I have written for lore. In Inochi, I was responsible for writing everything: story, information, magic, et cetera. In Jokoa` I was responsible for approving customer ideas for Gods. I hope this information helps show how my mind works and how I write.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:36 pm
Thank you all for applying! We would like to congratulate our two new hires!

Nyx Queen of Darkness and Tsunake !!

You'll receive all update permissions / invites shortly!

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Tsunake

LOLTERGEIST

Crew

A Knife

Archived

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items