[SRP/FIN] Turning the Tide [Cressida/Oisin]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:29 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

[July]
Get Your Plots On
[Total WC: 1548]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:40 pm
[Cressida 1]

Every day that went by without securing her sister’s title saw a little more of Cressida’s sanity slipping away. The very idea that such an insignificant, worthless mare would dare call herself Empress was appalling! Only fools would ever follow her, and it was fools that kept Asterie’s retinue full. For years Cressida had worked tirelessly to build her numbers. Gathering a following wasn’t difficult; her parents had done well by building the rift between their daughters to such a fever pitch that the ‘kingdom’ was already divided. Still, she needed to retain them, and that was…difficult. She was much less charismatic than a kinder mare and without that love she needed it’s equal; fear.

And for that reason alone Cressida had sought communion with devils. Great warlocks whose magic could create horrors, living shadows, and nightmares. Even the shifters themselves had been offered bargains to keep Cressida in power and once such shifter had even become her nightly partner before he’d been charmed. It was a weakness, allowing such a thing, but she’d gotten what she needed; offspring.

A secret, known only to a select few, but a spectacular weapon never the less.

[194]

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:46 pm
[Oisin 1]

For the first few months after Oisin’s charming his memories were buried deep in his mind. They were hidden away in a darker place that allowed him to be carefree for the first time in his life and just enjoy the things around him. The fox shifter saw colors in ways he never had before, experienced smells with a smile on his maw and made real connections. Still, ignorance could only last for so long until the truth would break free.

Those memories are what brought him back to these accursed lands. The half that walked under Asterie’s banner flourished, but always seemed on edge while those under Cressida ruled with chaotic malice. As a shifter he should have found purpose here, but Oisin’s stomach churned. Everything here was wrong…tainted…and he wanted nothing more than to leave. Still, something tugged at him, and he didn’t stop until he found Cressida.

Getting to her wasn’t easy. She was surrounded by guard who bristled at his presence, but his familiar coat gave them pause. At first he thought he would be turned away, but eventually Oisin was allowed passage.

[187]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:54 pm
[Cressida 2]

Seeing Oisin again was as amusing as it was bothersome. When she was alerted of his presence Cressida had half a mind to turn him away, but her curiosity got the better of her. Why no have a little fun at her old lover’s expense?

She hadn’t expected how irritating it would be to see him now. “Oisin.” When she approached the stallion Cressida’s curls bounced about her shoulders and despite her radiant light there was a hardness in those azure eyes. “You disgust me now. You were once a beautiful tool, but you’ve lost your spark. That gem is atrocious.” He’d been mindless then, existing only for the hunt and carnal things. Manipulating him was difficult when she didn’t want to lose half her forces to his hunger, but Oisin could just as easily be turned on her sister’s group.

“Why have you come back? Surely you don’t think I’ll take you as you are now.”

[152]

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:02 pm
[Oisin 2]

Spirits, but she was more beautiful in person. The way her petite wings unfurled at her sides gave Cressida’s form all the flare it needed. In such a barren land her visage was all those under her charge needed to have hope and as much as he wanted to be sickened by it Oisin found himself drawn in. She’s dangerous. But…if she could just keep him close…No! Remember why you’re here!

“Even if the world were ending I wouldn’t lay with you.” Lies. “My memories brought me here. I’ve had…visions…of you. We were together, we were…maiming others but you…you were with foal.” The only reason he hadn’t killed her then was because her own guard held him back, and supplies Oisin with enough meat to keep him fat and stupid. Anytime he got too feisty they would push him away, but why would anyone want to live a life like that? The evil in his blood had been too much, but she…she was pure. A radiant light that could save her people, but she chose to sell their souls instead!

“I’ve come for the foal.”

[185]  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:09 pm
[Cressida 3]

Cressida tossed her head back in a sharp cackle. “Oisin! You idiot.” When she lowered her gaze back upon him he saw something more in those eyes; something unhinged. Manic energy was building inside the mare and the longer they spoke the more she seemed to feed off it. “Tell me, what would you do if I told you where she was right now? Would you go to her, say you’re her sweet papa, and whisk her away?” Even as she spoke Cressida’s tone was mocking, condescending, and cruel.

“That thing is no more my daughter than yours. It is a tool for the dynasty and nothing more! If you stayed to do your part then I wouldn’t need her at all, but when you failed me I needed assurance it wouldn’t happen again.”

[134]  

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:38 am
[Oisin 3]

Oisin pulled his lips back in a snarl. The moment he took a step forward Cressida’s guards stepped in, very nearly shoulder checking the stallion. He didn’t care; in that moment he wanted nothing more than to shake the information out of her!

“I would! I would take her as far away from you and this idiotic war you have with your sister! All of this…it’s pointless! You could just rule together and make this land better for everyone involved. Instead, you’re draining them!” How could she not see how much pain she was causing? Or even care? Still, even when he looked into her eyes all he could see was a cloud of evil.
Cressida knew what she was doing and she loved it.

“Please, Cressida, just let me see her. At least let her know that someone in this world cares for her. Give me a name; something. You owe me that much.”

[155]  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:44 am
[Cressida 4]

Cressida’s cackle echoed now that the noises around them had dimmed. What few souls happened to be around turned to watch the spectacle, much to her pleasure. Let them see! What did she have to hide? “I owe you? For what? For keeping you fed, for making sure you didn’t slaughter more than necessary? That gem you carry has made you as stupid as you are weak, Oisin.” With a flick of her wing the guards stepped back, leaving the two of them closer than ever.

“I will not stop until Asterie’s head lays at my feet and my dynasty is secured. Your daughter is helping me to do that. You should be lucky that I’m acknowledging her at all. With your common, vile blood she shouldn’t even be allowed near me, but she’s helping the royal line. Now-“ Lifting her head, Cressida made to turn. “-I’ve grown tired of you. Leave now or die; it’s your choice.”

[158]  

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:49 am
[Oisin 4]

“And what will happen when you have it? The land, the followers, Asterie’s head; what will happen to her then? If she’s like me then she won’t stop. She’ll come for you next.” The fact that Cressida was still here said a lot about the situation. What sort of things were they doing to his daughter to keep her contained? If she’d been born like Cressida then it would have been more mental manipulation and she could have been lost to him forever.

But if she were a shifter…Spirits, he could only imagine.

“This won’t be the last you see of me, Cressida. I will come for her.”

[108]  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:53 am
[Cressida 5]

With one last, long look over her shoulder Cressida tutted. “If I can manage you at your worst then I think I can handle it. I have a legion waiting to keep her in line; all I have to do is say the word.” Those flowing, ethereal curls bounced about her shoulders as Cressida started to walk once more. Honestly, what was he thinking? To take her personal ‘weapon’ away from her? What a fool!

“Her name is Echo, by the way,” She called over her shoulder. Why not tell him? Wouldn’t it dig that much more? “A fitting name for one whose purpose is to echo my wishes.” This time she didn’t bother looking his way. What sort of Empress would she be if she bothered herself with him more than she already had? There was business to attend to.

[141]  

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:57 am
[Oisin 5 / Fin]

Echo…She dared to name his kin Echo?!

Oisin lowered his ears back onto his head and let out a low, rumbling growl. Though a few of Cressida’s personal guard moved to follow her those that stayed behind kept a sharp eye on him. The fur all along his pelt bristled with anger. This wasn’t over; not in the least! He was going to get his daughter out of here; whether she wanted to go or not.

If she’d been raised by Cressida then it would be hard, maybe impossible, but Oisin wouldn’t stop. He just had to be smart about this. He would need allies and a plan.

Just hang on, Echo; papa’s coming.

[114]  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces