Submit

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:50 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Mene
Vendimia had been mulling something over in her head for several weeks. When she had arrived here after leaving Equestria, she had wanted to make a clean break and a fresh start, and so she had changed her name. But now that she had been here for a while, and had gotten older and wiser, and especially now that she had grandchildren, she wanted to reconnect with her Fauny culture. But she wanted to talk to Faelon first.

So when they had a quiet moment together, and they both seemed to be in a good mood, she broached the topic. "Faelon...can I run something by you? I'm thinking of making a change but I want to know what you think before I do it. You know how much I value your opinion."

Dai
Faelon had had a long day helping wherever he could in the Tree (as per usual) and had returned from giving an added hand to the Nursery. Seemed their extended family wasn't the only one growing recently.

He sipped on some hot tea with sugar and goats milk as he relaxed in their main room. At her question, he looked over with a smile. "Sure, hit me... Figuratively, of course."

Mene
Vendimia nodded before continuing. "You know I changed my name when I came here," she began as context. "I was...I was thinking of using my old name again. Golden Harvest. What d'you think?" She then added hurriedly, "Of course you'd be free to call me whichever you like."

Dai
Faelon nodded in response. "I don't remember if you told me, but Vendimia is about as traditionally-fauny a name as mine or our kids' - that is to say, not at all." He took a drip from his tea as she continued, and kind of shrugged off her apparent apprehension. "It's your name, and how you want to be called. So do what makes you comfortable." There was a small pause before he followed up with, "Why the change back, by the way? Am I wrong to assume it has something to do with the grandkids?"

Mene
Vendimia made a back-and-forth "sort of" kind of gesture with her shoulders. "Well, yes and no." She said as she crossed the room to lean on the arm of Faelon's chair. "I changed my name when we got here thinking it would help me fit in better. I was young, and bitter, and....I guess I thought if I just made a clean break, just cast off everything from home, it would hurt less." She laughed sort of dismally and brushed a curl out of her face. "That hasn't been the case, obviously." She sighed gently before continuing.

"I think now that I'm older I appreciate my roots a little more. A lot more. And--you're right--having grandchildren has made me rethink some things. It's my culture, and I should be proud of it. And it's part of their heritage too."

Dai
Faelon glanced upward as he searched through his memories. "Oh yeah.... You really did used to be rather gloomy..." re: a killjoy, "...didn't you when we first met? Always moping and whining about working the fields. I never did quite get why you didn't just work elsewhere if it was so unagreeable for you." He looked back at her with a heartfelt smile. "I'm glad you're in a better place now."

He laughed lightly. "Those four will have quite a bit of heritage to grow up with, now wont they? Goodness gracious."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:52 am
Mene
Vendimia pinched the bridge of her nose, cringing. "I don't know why either," she said, somewhat strained. Then she looked back at Faelon warmly. "I am in a better place now. I think that's part of why I can, like...reflect on my past and my choices like this. And I have you to thank for at least part of it." She leaned over and gave him a kiss.

Then it was her turn to laugh. "Oh yes, so many stories to pass down!" She agreed, then fell into a comfortably thoughtful silence for a few moments.

"Golden Harvest, then. They used to call me Golden for short...I still like that, I think."

Dai
The edges of Faelon's eyes crinkled slightly as he bantered back, "And I think my mother's transcribed quite a few of them by now - though I'm not one for reading, maybe they'd take joy in it?" A momentary pause held before he added. "I'm sure she'd love for her great granddaughters to come visit, at least. Maybe help her tone down the favoritism towards Alba." That was half-joke, half-serious.

"So... Golden, that is?" He made a bit of a face somewhere between a grimace and a laugh. "I'll be honest, that's going to take some getting used to."

Mene
Golden Harvest broke into a grin. She found she loved hearing him say it. With a cheeky little smile and a fluttering heartbeat, she slid down into Faelon's lap. "That's fine, take all the time you need. And you," she added, touching his arm and shoulder affectionately. "Can call me whatever you like."

Dai
Faelon moved his arms (and tea) out of the way as Golden moved over onto him, then offered the cup to her so she could set it down before he shifted slightly to get more comfortable and wrapped his arms around her waist (or shoulders or wherever made sense as a cute intimate gesture based on how she was sitting). He offered her a bit of a playful smirk as he leaned forward and spoke softly. "Well, I can think of a few I like for you, but, admittedly, they're not particularly family-friendly."

Mene
Golden set the mug on the little table beside the chair and got nice and comfortable in her lover's arms. Her cheeks flushed pink at his suggestion and she leaned her forehead against his with a sultry smile. "Mm, I should like to hear them, then," she said with a throaty giggle, then kissed him.

She'd made a lot of choices she'd later regret, at a time when she was hurting. But now? Golden Harvest was healing, and happy.

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items