Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Christian apologetics
Rejecting God as the Bearded Guy in the Sky

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:07 pm
October 9, 2018

Sometimes people change their minds and come, for a variety of reasons, to reject belief in God. What has always been very surprising to me is how often the God they are rejecting is not the God I believe in either.

For example, suppose someone says:

“I just got to the point where I could no longer believe in the bearded guy in the sky.”

Okay, but the only problem is neither do I. And neither does any thoughtful Christian I know.

Continue reading: link  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:00 pm

Just because a topic exists in the guild speaking against making images of YHWH, that doesn't make linking to articles who utilize them okay... even if the article is indirectly, vaguely, but only half-heartedly condemning idolatry by condemning the practice of making up notions of God according to our own imaginations (whether it gets taken out into physical realm under the sun or stays in the thoughts of our heart, limiting Him and distorting Him from what He revealed in His Word).

But the article also, in idolatrous fashion, half-condemns what is right: YHWH is also a man in the sky. Jesus’ (the Son’s) bodily incarnation (even before incarnating as Jesus son of Mary), the visible appearance of God that the angels can see, is a man-like figure in the sky/heavenly realms. The Father / totally omniscient manifestation is what cannot be contained. But the bodily form of YHWH is man-like in the heavenly realms/other dimensions.

• Ezekiel 1:26-28 New International Version

26 Above the vault over their heads was what looked like a throne of lapis lazuli, and high above on the throne was a figure like that of a man. 27 I saw that from what appeared to be his waist up he looked like glowing metal, as if full of fire, and that from there down he looked like fire; and brilliant light surrounded him. 28 Like the appearance of a rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the radiance around him.

This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord. When I saw it, I fell facedown, and I heard the voice of one speaking.

• Ezekiel 8:1-3 New International Version

8 In the sixth year, in the sixth month on the fifth day, while I was sitting in my house and the elders of Judah were sitting before me, the hand of the Sovereign Lord came on me there. 2 I looked, and I saw a figure like that of a man.[a] From what appeared to be his waist down he was like fire, and from there up his appearance was as bright as glowing metal. 3 He stretched out what looked like a hand and took me by the hair of my head. The Spirit lifted me up between earth and heaven and in visions of God he took me to Jerusalem, to the entrance of the north gate of the inner court, where the idol that provokes to jealousy stood.

Footnotes

a. Ezekiel 8:2 Or saw a fiery figure

Moses and the 70 elders saw a similar sight as Ezekiel—many generations (and many centuries) removed from each other.

• Exodus 24:9-11 New International Version

9 Moses and Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and the seventy elders of Israel went up 10 and saw the God of Israel. Under his feet was something like a pavement made of lapis lazuli, as bright blue as the sky. 11 But God did not raise his hand against these leaders of the Israelites; they saw God, and they ate and drank.

He's either (A.) unaware or (B.) is ashamed of what the Bible says. Downplaying this Biblical fact.

Even if the world ridicules what it "sounds" like, YHWH's eyewitness testimony is what will prevail in the end—when they see Him again.

cristobela
Vice Captain

Christian apologetics

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces