Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Mission Archive
An Ultra Invader! VS Stakataka! Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:05 pm
Gardy would successfully teleport the Snagems into the inner sanctum of the Silver Labyrinth, a feat that is usually impossible but it was immediately clear upon arrival that nothing about this place was normal at the moment. The towering stone doors that sealed away the room of the 'minotaur' were cracked open, a strange visible energy pouring out of it in the form of 'cracks' in reality which ran along all surfaces. The Gardevoir took one look at the door and immediately teleported away in fear, she would not be assisting them for this one. With her gone there would be nothing else to distract the Snagems from what happened next.

"Staakakakaka!" A strange creature cried out from beyond the partially open doors, its eerie voice almost sounding like it consisted of numerous ones acting in unison. Along with its cry came a surge of air rushing through the doors and sweeping over the Snagems followed by a 'boom'. There was a second of quiet after before a familiar voice was heard.

"Poe! You okay!?" Sub cried out from the other side of the doors. Should the gathered Snagems move through the doors they would find the Snagem leader and Poe, in his Mega Evolved state, staring up at an imposing figure. Towering over them all at almost twenty feet was what looked like a stone tower balancing on four legs. The 'bricks' that made up the tower would occasionally reveal themselves to be living creatures, flipping around to reveal a single blue eye for a few seconds before flipping back. It appeared not to be one single entity but a composite of numerous others. Cracks in reality ran up the cavern walls of the room of which Sub and this monster found themselves in.

"Kakaka!" The otherworldly being cried out as a its released a few of its 'bricks', the individual stones blinking frantically as they hovered in the air around the main body. With another cry it would sent the 'bricks' flying at Sub and Poe as it executed a Rock Throw.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:18 pm
As Deo enters this dark area, and he hears the ultra beast in the area. His first instinct is to locate it. Which it wasn't hard to find, and there was Sub.

Running in to Sub's side, going around the two in duel, Deo would then ask Sub with a serious look on his face. "Hey, do you need some help?"  

DeoLux

MoniqueBrie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:21 pm
Monique and the Snagems were warped into a massive cave chamber. Blinking to adjust her eyes to the darkness, she noticed that the cave was dominated by a set of large doors which had cracked ajar. Glowing tendrils of energy emanated from the door.

The sheriff involuntarily shivered. She hadn't seen seams in reality like that since the moment she'd arrived at Snagem. When that big...light show with an exploding head showed up. That was a headache. What now?

The group moved through the doors, where Sub and Poe were face to face with a massive stone tower on stilts, a collection of occasionally blinking eyes that occupied the entire vertical clearance of the cavern and was backlit by the various seams in reality.

"Kakaka!" The Pokémon sent several of the bricks flying in the direction of Sub and Poe. Rock-type? she wondered.

No report available, GRAY's voice informed Monique. She was well and truly alone. She reached for her bag, fumbling for a Poké Ball and hoping the one she pulled out would contain her Castform or Camerupt.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:41 pm
The second I laid eyes on the enemy Pokemon, I started to pull out my Academy Pokedex, as I'd never seen anything like it. I stopped, however, when I heard the conversation between Monique and GRAY. I kept my Academy Pokedex up-to-date with Pokemon Tech's servers, but if GRAY didn't know what this thing was...

I shook my head at myself and pocketed my Academy Pokedex as Rala stepped up. Unlike her mentally deranged leader, the purified Gardevoir refused to back down from a fight, even from an otherworldly opponent. Focusing on the enemy, Rala would flood the area around him with energy via Psychic, making sure to avoid Sub and Poe in the process.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

DignityPower

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:08 pm
"Umh, Hello?" A mistake must have been made... it must have been one hell of a teleport to get Veronica here but alas, she was now present among the Snagem crew in her PJs. "You sure need more practice in that space-time skill huh?" She mumbled over, now wanting to get teleported off to who knows where.
Before she even got a good look at the people around her and had time to ask what the ********, a loud cried came from very creepy looking doors with cracks on them. The loud boom was a pain to Veronica's sensitive ears and she covered them, hoping that was the last of the annoying sounds. She followed the figures that were walking through the door. No one knew what they were looking at. Veronica wasn't even sure if it was an enemy yet.... She was highly distracted by the blue eye flipping on and off and tried her best to poke at it even though clearly she would never land a poke. Eventually, with all the commotion, her Zoroark came out to play alongside her.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:24 pm
Sub was surprised but thankful to see the other Snagems show up, the Dark One finding the resolve in him to continue the fight. Rala's Psychic would delay the arrival of the 'bricks' as the Psychic force pushed against the Rock Throw but she would quickly lose this struggle but it was enough time for Sub and Poe to act. "Poe, use Protect!" He ordered. With a wave of his hands the Mega Sableye would transform its giant gemstone into a crystalline dome of energy which covered the Snagems, protecting them from the Rock Throw as the bricks slammed into the shield one after the other, each one returning to the main body after contact.

While Poe managed to protect them it was clear he was not only winded from their battle leading up to this point but even the Mega Sableye was not enough to oppose this creature as cracks had formed in Poe's Protect and after dropping it and returning the energy to gem form the same cracks could be seen in its gemstone. Poe was exhausted.

"I'm glad to see you guys." Sub said, finding a moment to greet the Snagems properly. "This thing has already taken down Monstressor and Valdemar but I think I've learned its typing already, thanks to them; Rock and Steel. " The man informed them, having deduced its typing after losing his Tyranitar, and Hydreigon in the fight against it. "Another thing is each time it knocked out one of my Pokemon it seems to have gotten tougher, more physically resilient, its defense increased."

Before Sub could say anymore the strange creature would act again, its blue eyes and lines turning red as it began to vibrate, the 'cracks' in reality glowing in response as a 'net' of energy spread from the cracks and covered the cavern completely. The first thing the Snagems would note, and their Pokemon, is that their sense of direction and motion perception...off. At first it felt like nothing changed until any of them tried to move, a gentle raising of an arm was suddenly a violent thrust upward and a quick step was a sluggish one. It was a Trick Room, a very potent one as it was even difficult to even discern up and down at first.

"Stak stak!" The Ultra Beast cried as it move with astonishing speed, the twenty foot tower raising one of its 'legs' and bringing it down towards Monique and by proximity Terashi too as it executed a powerful Stomp, the sheer weight and force of it leaving a crater behind and completely flattening anything unfortunate enough to be caught under its 'foot'.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:52 am
As I thought of what best to use against a Rock/Steel type that was always toughening its physical defense, I noticed the gigantic foot coming for me... well, near me. I started to leap back before I noticed Monique was its target. With a huff, I leapt forward, trying to knock Monique out of the way of the otherworldly Pokemon's path. I could decide which Pokemon to use once we were safe.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:57 pm
SubonicXP

"Uhhhh..." As soon as Gardy had teleported everyone that had opted to help her out, Cera could see that things were wrong. Let alone the fact of being able to teleport there in the first place; usually if anyone set foot inside, Cera couldn't really sense them anymore until they were either successful or ushered out. Right now, that wasn't the case, but what she did sense was overpowering. Alien. Dangerous. It filled her with a sense of dread that was punctuated further by the eerie voice that rang out, bracing herself as the sudden force blew the doors open.

She'd hurry through the door at once, seeing Sub and Poe trying to contend with... whatever the heck their apparent opponent was, the further weirdness of its collective nature, seeing more cracks that left her feeling uneasy. She hadn't had a chance to try and stop the Rock Throw, but hearing Sub's remarks gave her an idea.

"...Rock and Steel, you say?" She was already starting to form an Aura Sphere around her, thinking she had a really good way of helping to launch an assault. That is, until she let the attack fizzle when her movements felt oddly sluggish and completely disoriented her. Even with the tracking that Aura Sphere afforded her, she doubted she'd be able to land a hit like this.

Watching as the creature attacked with enough speed to instill further terror into her, Cera instead focused her efforts on trying to match the energy from Trick Room. "Give me a moment. If I can Mimic this, maybe I can neutralize it! Kinda wish I would've had a chance to get the TM case I nicked from Mauville, though..."

In hindsight, she did manage to have a couple of Pokeballs floating near her, but in her haste, she didn't think to open either of them to give herself a bit of protection.  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

DignityPower

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:20 pm
The only thing Veronica picked up on was 'rock and steel' that made her ears twitch. Their poking fun was then cut short by the thing picking up one of its legs to stomp. Veronica and Cosmo looked at each other for a moment before getting startled when their vision of the room was warped by the Trick Room.
"Well it's clear what's gonna happen..." Veronica sent out her Infernape, whom would likely be one of the last to move. "Use Power-Up Punch." Veronica believed for the moment this was her best call, if the battle went on for a long time. Chi, the Infenape, would get a perfect chance after the thing finished it Stomp move... hopefully. Meanwhile, Cosmo would fidget around and shuffle with anxiety to get some action too.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:45 pm
Mykel had gone off to find Lykas when Gardy explained what had happened but bumped into Clare before locating him, sending the glass-like hybrid to Sub's office while he searched.

Upon arriving, Clare found themself almost overwhelmed by the energy emanating from the double doors in front of the gathered Snagems. The cracks in reality that had formed prior to their arrival seemed to be reaching out toward them all, as if trying to drag all of this world through them. When the cavern rumbled with the loud, otherworldly cry from beyond the massive doors, Clare was wary of going until others went ahead of them. Venturing forward carefully, through the otherworldly light spilling out.

Upon crossing the threshold, they'd spot Sub and his Sableye battling against some strange-looking creature that felt somehow familiar. When the Snagem leader explained what he'd managed to learn about it, at the expense of two of his Pokemon already, Clare would be unphased compared to some others, not yet familiar with who those Pokemon were. All they knew at the moment was that the Pokemon they sent out wasn't going to do much, but neither was any of their other Pokemon. "Rasana! Use Scale Shot!" The tiny Tyrunt nodded and positioned himself carefully to strike and it's tiny arms, sending a single, bullet-like scale shooting out toward the Stakataka, aiming to strike at exposed eyes.

"I think I remember someone calling creatures like this 'composites'... I don't remember if it's this thing I learned about or something else but they're supposed to be made up of multiple creatures acting like a single entity in order to better survive." They told Sub, primarily, though they spoke loud enough for anyone nearby. "I wish I could remember more but I think we'll have a long fight on our hands."

It would be only a moment later that the bricks were released to attack and Poe proceeded to defend, barely, against them. The following few seconds were even worse. For a moment as the net of energy came down around the cavern's edges, Clare would find themself confused but it would begin to make some degree of sense after only a moment. The scales Rasana had shot at the massive beast had slowed to a crawl mid-flight. "That's certainly not good..." The verbal assessment was proven accurate only another moment later as the beast proceeded to stomp on an area very nearby with blinding speed, the wind created by the action billowing in slow motion past them, like the dust in an old western movie scene.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

MoniqueBrie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:19 pm
As Monique held a Poké Ball in her hand, she became disoriented and noticed an unusual net pattern forming, independent of but interacting with the cracks in reality.

Two loud beeps sounded from the SNAG, followed by an automated noise: Trick. Room. Monique, trying to decipher the unusual and unfamiliar warning, suddenly saw a shadow move across the room and come toward her. She tried to move but found herself suddenly sluggish as—

Oof! Someone had sent her flying across the room, and Monique turned her head to see a massive Stomp leave a crater out of the very spot where she had been standing. The Poké Ball she was holding fell out and deposited its Pokémon onto the floor.

She was very relieved to see Lua Pele, her Shadow Camerupt, emerge. That increasingly familiar zing of dread coursed through her, but it was replaced by a sense of confidence.

"We can do this." She slowly returned to her feet, addled by the effects of the Trick Room. Smiling and looking at the beast, formulating a plan. "Camerupt! Earthquake!"  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:47 pm
Seeing Sub safe was a relief for Deo, knowing he was facing something he did not know was another. Deo then saw that this thing was massive, larger than anything he has seen before. When sub mentioned rock and steel type, a pokemon came to mind, his fighting type machop. Releasing the Machop, he quickly told him "Special Stage! Help break this tower down!" then the machop went up to the foot of this beast, and gave a "MA-CHOP!" as he hit him with a strong chop.  

DeoLux

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:11 pm
"Master!" Rala shouted after me as I helped Monique dodge the Stomp aimed at her. I thought I recalled Rala before leaping, but I was in a rush, it must have slipped my mind.

"I'm fine," I told Rala before recalling her and letting Simon out of his ball. The Excadrill cheered at being let out of his ball before facing the enemy, gritting its teeth at it. "Use Earth Power," I told him. Simon nodded and gathered Ground-type energy into a ball. Once he was satisfied with the size, Simon sent it rolling on the ground, chunks of stone being ripped from the floor as it rolled, somewhat similar to a snowball - though the orb lifted up once it got close to the enemy, as if ready to crash into it.

With the attack launched, I looked back at Monique. "You alright?" I asked her. She seemed fine, but I asked anyway to make sure. I wasn't really certain how far we were from the Stomp when it landed.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:20 am
The Trick Room would make Stakataka too 'fast' from the point-of-view of the Snagems, and Cera was not capable of mimicking that quick either so the Ultra Beast would attack again before any of them had a chance to even touch it. Charging Dark energy into one of its legs it swung with it far and wide, executing a Brutal Swing, aiming to swipe at each and every person and Pokemon here. The attack would catch Machop, Chi the Infernape, and Simon the Excadrill in its path, knocking them all away and cutting short their attacks before they got off. Before it could each anyone else a single Pokemon on the Snagem side was able to move quicker than the rest, gifted with speed bestowed by the Trick Room.

Shadow Camerupt would execute its Earthquake just as the Stakataka was swinging its 'leg', the violently shaking of the chamber causing it to lose balance on its other three legs. While it stumbled its attack was already in motion, however it was now swinging slightly upward at an angle and flew just barely over the heads of Clare and Cera, the rush of wind providing a reminder of how close that was. The leg would slam into the nearby cavern wall and shake the chamber even more violently than the Earthquake before, chunks of stone falling down and threatening Terashi and Veronica.

"Nice job, Monique, Camerupt." Sub spoke up. "But be careful with that thing, it's still a Shadow Pokemon." He warned her. He feared it infecting the other Pokemon here but thankfully its Earthquake was unable to hit the three Pokemon sent flying by Stakataka and Cera was hovering. The Shadow virus unable to reach any of them.

As Stakataka began to reform its legs, the pieces that made it up having became disconnected during its unintended collision with the wall, Cera would finally decipher the composition of the Trick Room via her Mimic move and no doubt would waste no time to reverse it. When and if she used her own Trick Room to revert time-space back to normal, the Snagems and their Pokemon would find themselves able to move properly again.

Wasting no time Sub fired up his Immunizer and tossed Monique his Snag Machine. "Catch!" he called out to her. A bubble of cool blue energy was emitting from the device, with a radius of five yards. "Keep Camerupt in that bubble and it can't infect any other Pokemon." He informed the Zoroark hybrid.

By then Stakataka reformed its leg and realized it now moved very slow again. Angered by these developments it began to charge up for its next attack, bricks off the top of its body collecting together in the air above it to form some kind of cylinder with the opening pointed at the Snagems. Was it some kind of cannon? That can't be good. Regardless it was too slow now and they had plenty of time to prepare.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

MoniqueBrie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:32 pm
The Earthquake seemed to finally register on the beast, knocking some of its bricks loose for a moment.

"Nice job, Monique, Camerupt," she heard Sub add after it slammed into the wall. "But be careful with that thing... It's still a Shadow Pokémon."

Ugh, Monique sighed at Sub's warning, moving in position to catch the Snag Machine he was tossing. She still was not used to being 49 years in the past... One of the few good things that had happened in her world before the Smog—and after 2022—was that the Shadow Virus mostly faded from existence thanks to near-universal inoculation, especially on islands like hers. So far, her battles had been in places with immunizer systems, like Mauville and Lacunosa... Not catacombs.

She made sure to stand by Camerupt so that other Pokémon could not be infected by its actions, keeping it in the five-yard bubble. She watched as the bricks started to form a cannon. Uh-oh...  
Team Mission Archive

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff