CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:55 pm
Hello, everyone. AnimusHelixRebirth here of the Mermaid Princess RP Guild!

Here is a PSA about the characters explaining about Press Your Luck

This is for those who are unfamiliar with the TV Show that ran from 1976 to 2003 which is the game where you 3 Players are after Big Bucks but have to avoid the Whammy as they play the most exciting game of their lives.

This section is also outside the main IC for the guild.

PSA OOC Time: 8-10-2022 to 8-13-2022

PSA Segments:
= Press Your Luck: Rules of the Game
= Second Chance: Rules of the Game
= Whammy All New PYL: Rules of the Game

In Progress Visits:
Ridley
Mermaids Mina, Amy, Raye & Lita

Player's Room:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Background Theme: In The Room DS (Battle Network 5)

NOTE: Some of the characters may visit the viewers.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:04 pm
User Image
Ridley
Peace Keepers Adventurer (Squire)

[Player's Room, Sub-Basement?]
The PSA Begins with Ridley entering the player's room with Amy, Raye, Lita and Mina then wanders into a sub basement where there's 3 seats, a blue pattern bleachers and monitor display of 18 screens
Hello, I'm Ridley from the Mermaid Princess RP Guild. It sounds like the Narrator has cooked up something up down in his basement. I wonder what it is.

Queentintin

Quote:

Quote:

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Queentintin

Vice Captain

Fashionable Delight

33,100 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:17 pm
CrystBalfast
User Image
Ridley

The PSA Begins with Ridley entering the player's room with Amy, Raye, Lita and Mina then wanders into a sub basement where there's 3 seats, a blue pattern bleachers and monitor display of 18 screens
Hello, I'm Ridley from the Mermaid Princess RP Guild. It sounds like the Narrator has cooked up something up down in his basement. I wonder what it is.

Queentintin

Quote:

Quote:

Amy
Noble of Merroway Cove (Mina, Raye & Lita's Sister)

Hi Ridley, whats new? and were in for a new game?
thinks wonderful
Mina
Noble of Merroway Cove (Amy, Raye & Lita's Sister)

Oh exciting, and his basement? lol ok let's go =)
thinks Mina
Raye
Noble of Merroway Cove (Mina, Amy & Lita's Sister)

sounds fun, whats up guys?
thinks Raye?

Lita
Noble of Merroway Cove (Mimily's Sister)

Hi Ridley, and sisters, whats up?
talks Lita  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:02 pm
User Image
Ridley

Narrator: You've got it! Nice to meet you. The Narrator said as he turned the lights on.

What's that sound coming from and what's that all about, Lita? Ridley asked his thunderbolt and her friends.

User Image
Narrator: Officially, its a game without a tagline but unofficially... Everyone shouted "Big Bucks, No Whammys" which was from 1983 to 1986 following a rapid light on a game board hoping it would land on prize or cash value of some sort. It was one of the Gripping and Intense Games of its time next to Pyramid.
And to be honest, this game takes the cake or Big Bucks in this case. Just take a look at the big game board and see for yourself as its considered the most exciting game during the 1980s.
Press Your Luck!
The Narrator said to the Characters

*Press Your Luck 1: A Proper Introduction*

Narrator: Press Your Luck needs no explanation as it made the scene on September 1983 with the Residing Hosts being Rod Rodney & Peter Tamarkin.
However... There was a game BEFORE this one as I was getting ahead of myself. So, let's turn back the clock to the 1970s and see where it all began...

User Image
*Press Your Luck 2: Second Chance Part 1*
Narrator: Press Your Luck's Roots begin with Second Chance in 1977 which lasted from Spring to Summer of that Same Year.
In Second Chance, the game is played with 3 Players and have 2 Attempts to answer each question asked by the Residing Host, Jim Peck.
All the players would be asked a question and would their answer. Afterwards, the host would call out who is wrong or if that person thinks is wrong. Just watch...
The Narrator shows a clip on his computer.

*Example*
"Which Chess Piece gets promoted upon reaching the other side of the board?"
Narrator: I would say Pawn and if two other people say otherwise, the host would say at least two players are wrong.
And that's where the title comes in... After the question is read, 3 Possible Answers are shown & the players have the option of re-answering the question if that person thinks he or she is wrong. The catch was that the First Attempt Answers are worth 3 Points while the Second Chance Answers are worth 1 Point.
The Narrator said to the characters

Queentintin

Quote:

Quote:

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Queentintin

Vice Captain

Fashionable Delight

33,100 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:15 pm
CrystBalfast
User Image
Ridley

Narrator: You've got it! Nice to meet you. The Narrator said as he turned the lights on.

What's that sound coming from and what's that all about, Lita? Ridley asked his thunderbolt and her friends.

User Image
Narrator: Officially, its a game without a tagline but unofficially... Everyone shouted "Big Bucks, No Whammys" which was from 1983 to 1986 following a rapid light on a game board hoping it would land on prize or cash value of some sort. It was one of the Gripping and Intense Games of its time next to Pyramid.
And to be honest, this game takes the cake or Big Bucks in this case. Just take a look at the big game board and see for yourself as its considered the most exciting game during the 1980s.
Press Your Luck!
The Narrator said to the Characters

*Press Your Luck 1: A Proper Introduction*

Narrator: Press Your Luck needs no explanation as it made the scene on September 1983 with the Residing Hosts being Rod Rodney & Peter Tamarkin.
However... There was a game BEFORE this one as I was getting ahead of myself. So, let's turn back the clock to the 1970s and see where it all began...

User Image
*Press Your Luck 2: Second Chance Part 1*
Narrator: Press Your Luck's Roots begin with Second Chance in 1977 which lasted from Spring to Summer of that Same Year.
In Second Chance, the game is played with 3 Players and have 2 Attempts to answer each question asked by the Residing Host, Jim Peck.
All the players would be asked a question and would their answer. Afterwards, the host would call out who is wrong or if that person thinks is wrong. Just watch...
The Narrator shows a clip on his computer.

*Example*
"Which Chess Piece gets promoted upon reaching the other side of the board?"
Narrator: I would say Pawn and if two other people say otherwise, the host would say at least two players are wrong.
And that's where the title comes in... After the question is read, 3 Possible Answers are shown & the players have the option of re-answering the question if that person thinks he or she is wrong. The catch was that the First Attempt Answers are worth 3 Points while the Second Chance Answers are worth 1 Point.

Queentintin

Quote:

Quote:

Lita

Oo how exciting =) second chance, theres a catch right, must be right Ridley?
talks Lita  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:03 am
User Image
Ridley

[Player's Room, Sub-Basement]
Sounds like it, Lita. I wonder how many Questions were asked in a General Knowledge Round across these Versions? Ridley said to his Thunderbolt.

User Image
*Press Your Luck 3: Second Chance Part 2*
Narrator: In the Bonus Board, the Bonus Spin Light moves rapidly fast for a reason since the tiles are not shuffled around unlike Press Your Luck. As the concepts would be shown for the PYL Gameplay being the Bonus Board along with Penalty Spaces & the number a player can hit them before being eliminated from gameplay among other things.
Considering its shortcoming airtime, we're lucky to have at least one form of footage. As I said before, like Supermarket Sweep's Grayscale version, ABC Wiped and Reused the Master Tapes they were recorded for their other shows leaving one episode as a sole survivor & best of all, its a Pilot Episode.
After Second Chance finished airing, it would take 6 years to be retooled where Press Your Luck would come into play on September 1983.

*Press Your Luck 4: Core Gameplay Part 1 - Question Rounds*
Narrator: Press Your Luck has 2 Rounds each with 2 parts. A Question Round & Bonus Board Round. Like Second Chance, players are asked General Knowledge Questions. But in PYL, players would Ring In on the Question to answer first... For Example... The Narrator said to the characters

Example:
"Name of the 3 Alliance Factions in the First 2 Warcraft Games..."
High Elves
Lizardmen
Wolves
Narrator: So I would Ring In First and say "High Elves". The First to answer should that person be correct would obtain 3 Spins.
After the first player rings in & gave his or her answer, 3 possible answers are shown for the remaining players. Answer 1 was always the first player's response given, right or wrong. Players guessing from the pool of 3 answers were awarded 1 Spin should that player be correct. Once 3-5 Questions were asked, it was time to use the spins on the Bonus Board.

Queentintin

Quote:

Quote:

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Queentintin

Vice Captain

Fashionable Delight

33,100 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:54 am
CrystBalfast
User Image
Ridley

Sounds like it, Lita. I wonder how many Questions were asked in a General Knowledge Round across these Versions? Ridley said to his Thunderbolt.

User Image
*Press Your Luck 3: Second Chance Part 2*
Narrator: In the Bonus Board, the Bonus Spin Light moves rapidly fast for a reason since the tiles are not shuffled around unlike Press Your Luck. As the concepts would be shown for the PYL Gameplay being the Bonus Board along with Penalty Spaces & the number a player can hit them before being eliminated from gameplay among other things.
Considering its shortcoming airtime, we're lucky to have at least one form of footage. As I said before, like Supermarket Sweep's Grayscale version, ABC Wiped and Reused the Master Tapes they were recorded for their other shows leaving one episode as a sole survivor & best of all, its a Pilot Episode.
After Second Chance finished airing, it would take 6 years to be retooled where Press Your Luck would come into play on September 1983.

*Press Your Luck 4: Core Gameplay Part 1 - Question Rounds*
Narrator: Press Your Luck has 2 Rounds each with 2 parts. A Question Round & Bonus Board Round. Like Second Chance, players are asked General Knowledge Questions. But in PYL, players would Ring In on the Question to answer first... For Example... The Narrator said to the characters

Example:
"Name of the 3 Alliance Factions in the First 2 Warcraft Games..."
High Elves
Lizardmen
Wolves
Narrator: So I would Ring In First and say "High Elves". The First to answer should that person be correct would obtain 3 Spins.
After the first player rings in & gave his or her answer, 3 possible answers are shown for the remaining players. Answer 1 was always the first player's response given, right or wrong. Players guessing from the pool of 3 answers were awarded 1 Spin should that player be correct. Once 3-5 Questions were asked, it was time to use the spins on the Bonus Board.

Queentintin

Quote:

Quote:

Mina
Noble of Merroway Cove (Amy, Raye & Lita's Sister)

alright that sounds good ,cool fun
thinks Mina  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:25 am
User Image
Ridley

So my Thunderbolt, the Bonus Board is what we're looking at right now? Ridley said to his Thunderbolt.

*Press Your Luck 4: Core Gameplay Part 2 - Bonus Board*
Narrator: While General Knowledge is fun and all, this is the main point. Behind me is the Big Board with 18 Monitors. While it looks Harmless, that can be deceiving. Imagine its your turn and you have to stop a Light Boarder jumping around a board by pressing the same ring in button. The Narrator said to the characters as he puts the board into Attract Mode.

Narrator: Sounds simple, right? Unlike Second Chance, the board changes spaces every second or two, all 18 spaces. The Narrator stops the board as example by pressing a Signalling Button.
Narrator: Sounds simple, right? Unlike Second Chance, the board changes spaces every second or two, all 18 spaces. The Light stops on Big Bucks then jumps to $5,000+One Spin.
Narrator: All right! That's a good sign for me!
But its not that simple. Players take their turns on the board in order with the Lowest Amount of Spin Points in Round 1 or the Lowest Score in Round 2. Unlike most games where starting first is an advantage. Here, its a DISADVANTAGE. As you WANTED to Play Last so as to know who you're playing against. Values Changed too. Where Round 1 had low amounts and Round 2 had higher amounts. If a player lands on the Money & a Spin, that Player gets an Extra Turn.
Now one more thing about Spin Points... See the 2 Spaces on the Podium below the Player's score? One being a Red Passed Column?
The Narrator showed the characters

Podium Sample:
NA
Earned: 9/Passed: 9

Queentintin

Quote:

Quote:

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Queentintin

Vice Captain

Fashionable Delight

33,100 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:43 am
CrystBalfast
User Image
Ridley

So my Thunderbolt, the Bonus Board is what we're looking at right now? Ridley said to his Thunderbolt.

Narrator: While General Knowledge is fun and all, this is the main point. Behind me is the Big Board with 18 Monitors. While it looks Harmless, that can be deceiving. Imagine its your turn and you have to stop a Light Boarder jumping around a board by pressing the same ring in button. The Narrator said to the characters as he puts the board into Attract Mode.

Narrator: Sounds simple, right? Unlike Second Chance, the board changes spaces every second or two, all 18 spaces. The Narrator stops the board as example by pressing a Signalling Button.
Narrator: Sounds simple, right? Unlike Second Chance, the board changes spaces every second or two, all 18 spaces. The Light stops on Big Bucks then jumps to $5,000+One Spin.
Narrator: All right! That's a good sign for me!
But its not that simple. Players take their turns on the board in order with the Lowest Amount of Spin Points in Round 1 or the Lowest Score in Round 2. Unlike most games where starting first is an advantage. Here, its a DISADVANTAGE. As you WANTED to Play Last so as to know who you're playing against. Values Changed too. Where Round 1 had low amounts and Round 2 had higher amounts. If a player lands on the Money & a Spin, that Player gets an Extra Turn.
Now one more thing about Spin Points... See the 2 Spaces on the Podium below the Player's score? One being a Red Passed Column?
The Narrator showed the characters

Podium Sample:
NA

Queentintin

Quote:

Quote:

Lita

Think so, what does it mean? I pass my turn?
talks Lita?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:48 pm
User Image
Ridley

Narrator: Something like that, Lita. Players at anytime can choose to pass their remaining Spin Points from the Earned Column to another player's Passed Column. But unless its a tie, they don't have the option of choosing whom. Instead, its determined who has the most amount or second most amount in that player's score. If a player thinks that he or she has a high enough score to end a round, they can pass their Spin Points and hope the other players are eliminated from gameplay. Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't. There's a third option which to Freeze the Score but more on that later. The Narrator showed the characters

Podium Sample:
NA

*Press Your Luck 4: Core Gameplay Part 3 - Penalty Spaces*

Narrator: Now this game has a risk factor and that Parasite Monster is THAT Risk Factor. They're Mean, they're brown, they humiliate a player with silly animations that's funny to watch & its the worse space a player can land on. These are called Whammies.
I don't need to give an introduction on these pests. They need no introduction whatsoever. A player lands on one of these creeps & that player's score is dropped to 0 along with a marker that pops up to know you've hit one. The rules for these Parasite Hits are simple. Players have to risk his or her score every time the board is spun because 4 of these pests, that player is out of the game. If a player hits one on a Passed Spin Point then the Remaining Passed Spin Points are moved to the Earned Column.
The narrator continued.

*Press Your Luck 4: Core Gameplay Part 4 - Reception*
Narrator: When Press Your Luck first aired it was a runaway hit from the start and continued until September 1986 when it finished airing. During these 3 years, there has been some notable players as its interesting to see someone before becoming famous. The narrator said to the characters.

*Press Your Luck 4: Core Gameplay Part 5 - Randomizers*
Narrator: There is one person who dominated this game and is a Legend but first, here's something to know...
The Boarder Outline Light may appear random as back in 1983, Pure Randomizers wasn't possible at least not on CBS's budget.
So a Series of Patterns was commissioned for the board being a pattern of 18 would be used for each Spin with a Frequency Rate up to a point that no one notices. Normally, 6 Patterns were used which would be all well & good because when you look at it as a randomizer when most do, then no one can see a pattern at all. The Executives & Producers at CBS thought it would be an unbreakable combination complete with source code. They were in fact, wrong.

What's he talking about, Amy? How is anyone able to break a Randomizer's coding? Ridley said to Amy, wondering who was able to break the randomizer's coding on that game.

Narrator: In 1984, one man showed up, a Former Ice Cream Truck Driver by the name of Michael Larson. This person made the game look infamous as he not only knew the Patterns were up on the board but Memorized them completely as in the Bonus Board, Legends were Born.
Michael Larson had Full & Total Control of the Game Board, he spun a total of over 40 times & ended the game with a total of $110,237. That Episode was only aired once as a 2-Parter then it was not shown again until 2003's Documentary called, "Big Bucks: The Press Your Luck Scandal" on Game Show Network.

What patterns did he break? Ridley said to Amy

Queentintin

Quote:

Quote:

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Queentintin

Vice Captain

Fashionable Delight

33,100 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:50 pm
CrystBalfast
User Image
Ridley

Narrator: Something like that, Lita. Players at anytime can choose to pass their remaining Spin Points from the Earned Column to another player's Passed Column. But unless its a tie, they don't have the option of choosing whom. Instead, its determined who has the most amount or second most amount in that player's score. If a player thinks that he or she has a high enough score to end a round, they can pass their Spin Points and hope the other players are eliminated from gameplay. Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't. There's a third option which to Freeze the Score but more on that later. The Narrator showed the characters

Podium Sample:
NA

*Press Your Luck 4: Core Gameplay Part 3 - Penalty Spaces*

Narrator: Now this game has a risk factor and that Parasite Monster is THAT Risk Factor. They're Mean, they're brown, they humiliate a player with silly animations that's funny to watch & its the worse space a player can land on. These are called Whammies.
I don't need to give an introduction on these pests. They need no introduction whatsoever. A player lands on one of these creeps & that player's score is dropped to 0 along with a marker that pops up to know you've hit one. The rules for these Parasite Hits are simple. Players have to risk his or her score every time the board is spun because 4 of these pests, that player is out of the game. If a player hits one on a Passed Spin Point then the Remaining Passed Spin Points are moved to the Earned Column.
The narrator continued.

*Press Your Luck 4: Core Gameplay Part 4 - Reception*
Narrator: When Press Your Luck first aired it was a runaway hit from the start and continued until September 1986 when it finished airing. During these 3 years, there has been some notable players as its interesting to see someone before becoming famous. The narrator said to the characters.

Narrator: There is one person who dominated this game and is a Legend but first, here's something to know...
The Boarder Outline Light may appear random as back in 1983, Pure Randomizers wasn't possible at least not on CBS's budget.
So a Series of Patterns was commissioned for the board being a pattern of 18 would be used for each Spin with a Frequency Rate up to a point that no one notices. Normally, 6 Patterns were used which would be all well & good because when you look at it as a randomizer when most do, then no one can see a pattern at all. The Executives & Producers at CBS thought it would be an unbreakable combination complete with source code. They were in fact, wrong.

What's he talking about, Amy? How is anyone able to break a Randomizer's coding? Ridley said to Amy, wondering who was able to break the randomizer's coding on that game.

Narrator: In 1984, one man showed up, a Former Ice Cream Truck Driver by the name of Michael Larson. This person made the game look infamous as he not only knew the Patterns were up on the board but Memorized them completely as in the Bonus Board, Legends were Born.
Michael Larson had Full & Total Control of the Game Board, he spun a total of over 40 times & ended the game with a total of $110,237. That Episode was only aired once as a 2-Parter then it was not shown again until 2003's Documentary called, "Big Bucks: The Press Your Luck Scandal" on Game Show Network.

What patterns did he break? Ridley said to Amy

Queentintin

Quote:

Quote:
[/quote

Amy
Noble of Merroway Cove (Mina, Raye & Lita's Sister)

well he broke the patterns of 18, and the randomisers, wow,, memorised all the patterns quite incredible, the amount of money, the scandal for the show eek
thinks Amy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:48 am
User Image
Ridley

*Press Your Luck 4: Core Gameplay Part 6 - Larson's Plan*
Narrator: Good Question. First, let's take out these spaces and replace them with numbers... The Narrator said to the characters

User Image
Narrator: Now then. The space we're looking for is slot 2 because from there it was 4 jumps to the Big Bucks Space...
This was known as 2-12-1-9-4 Pattern as Slot 4 had $3,000, $4,000 & $5,000 & a Spin. This is why Michael Larson never lost a single Spin Point as he gained more and more. The 2 Other Patterns he landed on were on Slot 8 which had $500, $750 & $1,000 & a Spin. Space 8 like Space 4 had lower valves but it contained an Extra Spin Point but it didn't matter because all he needed was that one Extra Spin Point which lead him to taking Total Control of the Game Board and kept racking in the Money & Extra Spins Simultaneously.
The Narrator explained how Larson broke the game like a CBS Executive.

Queentintin

Quote:

Quote:

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Queentintin

Vice Captain

Fashionable Delight

33,100 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:54 am
CrystBalfast
User Image
Ridley

*Press Your Luck 4: Core Gameplay Part 6 - Larson's Plan*
Narrator: Good Question. First, let's take out these spaces and replace them with numbers... The Narrator said to the characters

User Image
Narrator: Now then. The space we're looking for is slot 2 because from there it was 4 jumps to the Big Bucks Space...
This was known as 2-12-1-9-4 Pattern as Slot 4 had $3,000, $4,000 & $5,000 & a Spin. This is why Michael Larson never lost a single Spin Point as he gained more and more. The 2 Other Patterns he landed on were on Slot 8 which had $500, $750 & $1,000 & a Spin. Space 8 like Space 4 had lower valves but it contained an Extra Spin Point but it didn't matter because all he needed was that one Extra Spin Point which lead him to taking Total Control of the Game Board and kept racking in the Money & Extra Spins Simultaneously.
The Narrator explained how Larson broke the game like a CBS Executive.

Queentintin

Quote:

Quote:

Lita

we see wow! he had good memory for sure! broke it!
talks Lita so thats how he did it/color]  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:02 am
User Image
Ridley

*Press Your Luck 4: Core Gameplay Part 6 - Larson's Plan 2*
User Image
Narrator: When I played Press Your Luck 2010 for the Wii. I became Unbeatable with the same Strategy as Larson, breaking the game and beating his record. This falls under a term that was used in the arcades of the 1980s where when you play a game for a long time & get very high score, that you end up breaking the game in the process which would be around the Million Points and above. The Narrator said to the characters

*Press Your Luck 5: Conclusion & Revival*
Narrator: Press Your Luck lasted for 3 years from 1983 to 1986. That game left an everlasting impression as a Fan Favorite Viewers that it got a Revival Series on Game Show Network called "Whammy: The All-New Press Your Luck" in 2002. The Differences was the Residing Host being Todd Newton along with some refinements.
The Question Round had 5 Questions instead of Second Chance's 3 & the Original Press Your Luck's 4, which was played at the Start of the Second Round.
The First Round was an endurance Round where each Player is given $1,000 as the Opening Score & Infinite Spins on the Bonus Board where each player takes a Spin in Turn & after all 3 Players Spun the Board Once, more Whammies were added to Increase the Difficulty.
However, if a player hits a Whammy during the Spin Endurance Round, that player's score is dropped to Zero, a tag appears to know he or she hit one but is also out for the remainder of the Round but NOT the Game itself.
As for the Third Option I mentioned earlier, here it is. Players can choose to Freeze their score at anytime to end the round. After this, is the same gameplay we all know but with one minor change...
The Double Whammies Space, they function the same way as the Regular Whammy Spaces but they also mess around with the player in front of everyone which has something getting dumped on the Player's Head such as Buttered Popcorn, Paddle Balls, Water, Pizza Dough, Plastic Fruits & Vegetables, Laundry, Grass Shavings, Rice & Flowers, Plastic Fish, Feathers, Coffee Cups & Coffee Beans, Confetti, Fur, Small Basketballs, Mop Headpiece, Shredded Paper, etc, to make the game look messy & really funny to watch.
However, the All-New Press Your Luck ended in 2003.

Sounds like something that would be shown on Double Dare with all the Messy Concepts, Lita. Ridley said to his Thunderbolt.

*Press Your Luck 6: Overall*
Narrator: Overall, from Second Chance in 1976 to Whammy in 2002, this show was fantastic to watch as with Every Spin came Rewards and Risks, Every Decisions meant either Victory or Defeat. Press Your Luck and its Legacy on Television History is sure to be remembered for all time and not be forgotten. The Narrator concluded

Queentintin

Quote:

Quote:

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Queentintin

Vice Captain

Fashionable Delight

33,100 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:50 pm
3nodding
CrystBalfast
User Image
Ridley

*Press Your Luck 4: Core Gameplay Part 6 - Larson's Plan 2*
User Image
Narrator: When I played Press Your Luck 2010 for the Wii. I became Unbeatable with the same Strategy as Larson, breaking the game and beating his record. This falls under a term that was used in the arcades of the 1980s where when you play a game for a long time & get very high score, that you end up breaking the game in the process which would be around the Million Points and above. The Narrator said to the characters

*Press Your Luck 5: Conclusion & Revival*
Narrator: Press Your Luck lasted for 3 years from 1983 to 1986. That game left an everlasting impression as a Fan Favorite Viewers that it got a Revival Series on Game Show Network called "Whammy: The All-New Press Your Luck" in 2002. The Differences was the Residing Host being Todd Newton along with some refinements.
The Question Round had 5 Questions instead of Second Chance's 3 & the Original Press Your Luck's 4, which was played at the Start of the Second Round.
The First Round was an endurance Round where each Player is given $1,000 as the Opening Score & Infinite Spins on the Bonus Board where each player takes a Spin in Turn & after all 3 Players Spun the Board Once, more Whammies were added to Increase the Difficulty.
However, if a player hits a Whammy during the Spin Endurance Round, that player's score is dropped to Zero, a tag appears to know he or she hit one but is also out for the remainder of the Round but NOT the Game itself.
As for the Third Option I mentioned earlier, here it is. Players can choose to Freeze their score at anytime to end the round. After this, is the same gameplay we all know but with one minor change...
The Double Whammies Space, they function the same way as the Regular Whammy Spaces but they also mess around with the player in front of everyone which has something getting dumped on the Player's Head such as Buttered Popcorn, Paddle Balls, Water, Pizza Dough, Plastic Fruits & Vegetables, Laundry, Grass Shavings, Rice & Flowers, Plastic Fish, Feathers, Coffee Cups & Coffee Beans, Confetti, Fur, Small Basketballs, Mop Headpiece, Shredded Paper, etc, to make the game look messy & really funny to watch.
However, the All-New Press Your Luck ended in 2003.

Sounds like something that would be shown on Double Dare with all the Messy Concepts, Lita. Ridley said to his Thunderbolt.

*Press Your Luck 6: Overall*
Narrator: Overall, from Second Chance in 1976 to Whammy in 2002, this show was fantastic to watch as with Every Spin came Rewards and Risks, Every Decisions meant either Victory or Defeat. Press Your Luck and its Legacy on Television History is sure to be remembered for all time and not be forgotten. The Narrator concluded

Queentintin

Quote:

Quote:

Lita

Yes Riddley ,she smiles, and yes that show will be remembered wow, and for all time 3nodding
talks and replies /color]  
OOC PSAs, Games and Specials

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces