CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:16 pm
Hello, everyone. AnimusHelixRebirth here of the Mermaid Princess RP Guild!

Here is a PSA about the characters explaining about Match Game

This is for those who are unfamiliar with the TV Show that ran from 1962 to 1984 which is more of an Improv Comedy than a game.

This section is also outside the main IC for the guild.

PSA OOC Time: 8-29-2022 to 8-30-2022

PSA Segments:
= Match Game: Rules of the Game
Match Game Greyscale
Match Game 73-79
Match Game PM
Match Game AM Syndication

Player's Room:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Background Theme: In The Room DS (Battle Network 5)

NOTE: Some of the characters may visit the viewers.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:43 pm

Gone Vacationing: Summer 2022 Part 1
Will Return: Approx 8-18-2022

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:37 pm
User Image
Blumiere
Prince of the Mushroom Kingdom (Timpani's Brother)
"If you're looking for entertainment, go see one of my magic shows or The Little Mermaid Trilogy."

[Player's Room]
The PSA Opens with Blumiere with Elrena, Larxene, Rinako & Xinome
Why hello there. I'm Prince Blumiere from the Mermaid Princess RP Guild. As you can see, the Narrator's not here at the moment as he's on sick leave. Get Better Soon.
So I'll give it a shot..
Elrena, Larxene, Rinako & Xinome, have you seen an Improv Type Game before where Punchlines were more important than rewards? That's what Match Game is about. Care to hear about it?
Blumiere said to the girls.

*Part 1: Greyscale Match Game*
The Original Match Game got its start on New Years Eve 1962 on NBC. The Residing Host was Gene Rayburn. This version is different than the one we all know and love.
There was 2 Teams consisting a Team Captain & 2 Players being Teams of 2 with 3 People.
BOTH Teams would be asked a question with limitless punchlines. Here's an example of one...
"At Bentley's Arcade, I cashed in my Tokens for a stuffed animal but the Prize Counter gave me a... Blank instead".
What punchline do you think would complete this joke?
Blumiere said to the mermaids

Queentintin

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:49 pm
CrystBalfast
User Image
Blumiere
"If you're looking for entertainment, go see one of my magic shows or The Little Mermaid Trilogy."

[Player's Room]
The PSA Opens with Blumiere with Elrena, Larxene, Rinako & Xinome
Why hello there. I'm Prince Blumiere from the Mermaid Princess RP Guild. As you can see, the Narrator's not here at the moment as he's on sick leave. Get Better Soon.
So I'll give it a shot..
Elrena, Larxene, Rinako & Xinome, have you seen an Improv Type Game before where Punchlines were more important than rewards? That's what Match Game is about. Care to hear about it?

*Part 1: Greyscale Match Game*
The Original Match Game got its start on New Years Eve 1962 on NBC. The Residing Host was Gene Rayburn. This version is different than the one we all know and love.
There was 2 Teams consisting a Team Captain & 2 Players being Teams of 2 with 3 People.
BOTH Teams would be asked a question with limitless punchlines. Here's an example of one...
"At Bentley's Arcade, I cashed in my Tokens for a stuffed animal but the Prize Counter gave me a... Blank instead".
What punchline do you think would complete this joke?

Queentintin

Quote:

Quote:

Larxene/Xene
Aqua & Ventus's Sister
"You should try smiling more."

oo how fun, ! *the prize counter game me a lemon! lol
thinks punchlines cool!  

Queentintin

Vice Captain

Fashionable Delight

33,100 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 6:07 pm
User Image
Blumiere

[Player's Room]

*Part 1-2: Greyscale Match Game Core Gameplay*
See how this works? These are the Fill in the Blank style of Punchlines. As the idea is to match each other. The Team who did so got $25. Anyway, if no matches were made from either side, the next question would be read. The First Team to make 4 Matches would move on to a Super Match. Blumiere said to the mermaids

*Part 1-4: Greyscale Match Game Bonus Gameplay*
The Winning Team who would be crowned champion would match Audience Answers akin to Family Feud. There's 3 attempts to match the Number one answer as each one was worth $150 leading to $450 as this was the 1960s.
When the Match Game opened in the 1960s, we thought it was going to be a dud. So when renewal decision came around... This happened...

*Cricket Silence*

With 6 Weeks Remaining, the Producer for MAD Magazine decided they needed to give the show an Improv Tone to it. As the NBC Executives were like "Do as you will, we're as good as sunk & canceled..."
So That's how the Match Game Style of Questions came into play.
Here's one...
"When The Buick Dealership was sold out of cars, they told me, all I got is this... Blank." I would say Polo Shirt.
And just like that, The Match Game became a Sudden Success as BOTH a Game & Improv for 5 1/2 Years afterwards but it didn't stay buried for long...

Queentintin

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 6:13 pm
CrystBalfast
User Image
Blumiere

[Player's Room]

*Part 1-2: Greyscale Match Game Core Gameplay*
See how this works? These are the Fill in the Blank style of Punchlines. As the idea is to match each other. The Team who did so got $25. Anyway, if no matches were made from either side, the next question would be read. The First Team to make 4 Matches would move on to a Super Match. Blumiere said to the mermaids

*Part 1-4: Greyscale Match Game Bonus Gameplay*
The Winning Team who would be crowned champion would match Audience Answers akin to Family Feud. There's 3 attempts to match the Number one answer as each one was worth $150 leading to $450 as this was the 1960s.
When the Match Game opened in the 1960s, we thought it was going to be a dud. So when renewal decision came around... This happened...

*Cricket Silence*

With 6 Weeks Remaining, the Producer for MAD Magazine decided they needed to give the show an Improv Tone to it. As the NBC Executives were like "Do as you will, we're as good as sunk & canceled..."
So That's how the Match Game Style of Questions came into play.
Here's one...
"When The Buick Dealership was sold out of cars, they told me, all I got is this... Blank." I would say Polo Shirt.
And just like that, The Match Game became a Sudden Success as BOTH a Game & Improv for 5 1/2 Years afterwards but it didn't stay buried for long...

Queentintin

Quote:

Quote:

User Image
Xinome
Mermaid (Rinako's Sister)

sounds really fun =) 4 matches, sounds exciting !
thinks Xinome  

Queentintin

Vice Captain

Fashionable Delight

33,100 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:16 pm
User Image
Blumiere

[Player's Room]
*Part 2: Match Game Classic Gameplay 1*
Match Game that we all know and love made the scene in 1973 on CBS with Gene Rayburn returning as the Residing Host.
This Revised version had 6 Panelists to avoid confusion with 2 players head to head. As the goal was simple enough. Match 6 Points or lead with the most points after 2 Rounds. As points are determined by Panel Matches.
However, once a Panelist in Round 1 was matched, that panelist could NOT Participate in Round 2 for that Player.

The Endgame was the Super Match but with some minor changes.
There was one phrase with one word blanked out. All a player needed to do was match one of 3 answers. The player can turn to 3 Panelists as he or she had the option to choose between their answers or their own. 3rd answer was worth $100, 2nd answer was worth $250 and the Number 1 answer was worth $500.

Now the fun part, which was the 1:1 Match with a Panelist. The Super Match's First Half Prize would belong to the player regardless of the outcome but those winnings should the player match a panelist are multiplied by 10. Best of all, there's no Penalty if the player was wrong...

Normally, this panelist choice would be up to the player but there was one panelist who was in fact TOO Good at Super Match who ended up getting his OWN Show as a result. And you can imagine how this played out...

...Thankfully, the Producers picked up on this "Unfair Advantage" regarding the Panelists & decided to make things more fair. So in 1978, they brought in "The Star Wheel". This new system offered a shot to DOUBLE the winnings to 20x the amount. Which sounded like a good idea, but on the first spin, it was in fact, NOT a good idea for the Panelists.
The Daytime Version was a Success but the Nighttime Version did get its share in the Limelight called "Match Game PM".
In that Syndicated Version, a Third Round was added. Both shows had a Tiebreaker where both scores were reset. The PM Version however, did a Sudden Death Round instead.
Both Players are given the same question & would write the answers but the panelists would provide their responses, the first to match a panelist would win.

Queentintin

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:44 pm
CrystBalfast
User Image
Blumiere

[Player's Room]
*Part 2: Match Game Classic Gameplay 1*
Match Game that we all know and love made the scene in 1973 on CBS with Gene Rayburn returning as the Residing Host.
This Revised version had 6 Panelists to avoid confusion with 2 players head to head. As the goal was simple enough. Match 6 Points or lead with the most points after 2 Rounds. As points are determined by Panel Matches.
However, once a Panelist in Round 1 was matched, that panelist could NOT Participate in Round 2 for that Player.

The Endgame was the Super Match but with some minor changes.
There was one phrase with one word blanked out. All a player needed to do was match one of 3 answers. The player can turn to 3 Panelists as he or she had the option to choose between their answers or their own. 3rd answer was worth $100, 2nd answer was worth $250 and the Number 1 answer was worth $500.

Now the fun part, which was the 1:1 Match with a Panelist. The Super Match's First Half Prize would belong to the player regardless of the outcome but those winnings should the player match a panelist are multiplied by 10. Best of all, there's no Penalty if the player was wrong...

Normally, this panelist choice would be up to the player but there was one panelist who was in fact TOO Good at Super Match who ended up getting his OWN Show as a result. And you can imagine how this played out...

...Thankfully, the Producers picked up on this "Unfair Advantage" regarding the Panelists & decided to make things more fair. So in 1978, they brought in "The Star Wheel". This new system offered a shot to DOUBLE the winnings to 20x the amount. Which sounded like a good idea, but on the first spin, it was in fact, NOT a good idea for the Panelists.
The Daytime Version was a Success but the Nighttime Version did get its share in the Limelight called "Match Game PM".
In that Syndicated Version, a Third Round was added. Both shows had a Tiebreaker where both scores were reset. The PM Version however, did a Sudden Death Round instead.
Both Players are given the same question & would write the answers but the panelists would provide their responses, the first to match a panelist would win.

Queentintin

Quote:

Quote:

User Image
Elrena
Larxene's Twin Sister
"Can't we just have fun?"

thanks for sharing, sounds fun, fascinating, =)
thinks Elrena  

Queentintin

Vice Captain

Fashionable Delight

33,100 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:53 pm
User Image
Blumiere

[Player's Room]
*Part 2: Match Game Classic Gameplay 2*
The factor of this game along with its panelists all wanted in when it came to joking around and punchlines at an improv. That's what kept the show going strong for 6 years where the Daytime Version lasted from 1973 to 1979.
The PM Version lasted from 1975 to 1981 & last but not least, the Syndicated Daytime Version lasted from 1979 to 1982. So the Match Game we all knew and loved lasted for a Grand Total of 9 Years.

*Part 3: Match Game Modern Revisions 1*
But wait, there's more...
Match Game had Revivals starting with ABC from 1990 to 1991 & a Syndicated Version from 1998 to 1999. Not to Mention it was brought back for Game Show Marathon in 2006.
There is also one more Revision of Classic Match Game... and that is the Match Game Hollywood Squares Hour which lasted from Halloween 1983 to Summer 1984. This was a Double Length Game as a Single Show.
Part 1 was the Match Game which was done in PM Format. The Difference was the Super Match as the winner of that Round advanced to Hollywood Squares Mode. The Winner of that Round would play the Super Match afterwards which ranged from $250 to $1,000.
The 1:1 Match was also reworked as 9 Panelists was need for the Hollywood Squares Round. The thing was that they had Index Cards marked 10, 20 or 30. Those are the index cards on how much the winnings would be multiplied by meaning that a player could win up to $30,000 during that time. As I said before, the Match Game Hollywood Squares Hour lasted 8 Months.

Queentintin

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:13 am
Rinako
Mermaid (Xinone's Sister)

Sounds really fun=) 8 month duration wow! thanks for sharing with us Blumiere
thinks Rinako

CrystBalfast

Queentintin

Vice Captain

Fashionable Delight

33,100 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:07 am
User Image
Blumiere

[Player's Room]
*Player's Room Intern Updates*
Anytime. Sounds like something that would be like lots of fun indeed. Anyway, since the Narrator's down with Covid or Post Covid. We should all hope for the best for his recovery.

In the meantime, I hope to take over as an Intern Host for the Player's Room PSAs until he gets better. The reason being that it's rare for me to share the Player's Room with the Narrator. The Narrator cherished Crystal Chronicles during the Wii era and more. But we can honor him until he's fully better by growing the World of Ivalice he loved in My Life as a King.

Anyway, would you like to see an OOC Game of Match Game?

Queentintin

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:25 am
CrystBalfast
User Image
Blumiere

[Player's Room]
Anytime. Sounds like something that would be like lots of fun indeed. Anyway, since the Narrator's down with Covid or Post Covid. We should all hope for the best for his recovery.

In the meantime, I hope to take over as an Intern Host for the Player's Room PSAs until he gets better. The reason being that it's rare for me to share the Player's Room with the Narrator. The Narrator cherished Crystal Chronicles during the Wii era and more. But we can honor him until he's fully better by growing the World of Ivalice he loved in My Life as a King.

Anyway, would you like to see an OOC Game of Match Game?

Queentintin

Quote:

Quote:

User Image
Xinome

I would love it =)
thinks Xinome

Rinako
Mermaid (Xinone's Sister)

so exciting! yes pls =)
thinks Rinako

User Image
Elrena
Larxene's Twin Sister
"Can't we just have fun?"

Yes that sounds good ^^
thinks Elrena

Larxene/Xene
Aqua & Ventus's Sister
"You should try smiling more."

sounds good to me *smiles*
thinks shell wait till the Narrator feels lots better  

Queentintin

Vice Captain

Fashionable Delight

33,100 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:07 am
User Image
Blumiere

[Player's Room]
Blumiere makes his wand appear then gets started on a sound stage illusion.
Then its decided! Let's make some Improv Magic as the show's about to begin! Blumiere said to the girls then cast his spell to open a window and cause illusion doubles of himself to appear and head for a vacant sound stage picture on the narrator's computer.
That narrator is in for a big surprise. When he sees a new sound stage. So Presto Chango! Blumiere said to the girls as he removes his magician's hat and cast a spell on it, sending a flock of doves to collect materials for the Match Game 1973 Sound Stages

Queentintin

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:17 am
CrystBalfast
User Image
Blumiere

[Player's Room]
Blumiere makes his wand appear then gets started on a sound stage illusion.
Then its decided! Let's make some Improv Magic as the show's about to begin! Blumiere said to the girls then cast his spell to open a window and cause illusion doubles of himself to appear and head for a vacant sound stage picture on the narrator's computer.
That narrator is in for a big surprise. When he sees a new sound stage. So Presto Chango! Blumiere said to the girls as he removes his magician's hat and cast a spell on it, sending a flock of doves to collect materials for the Match Game 1973 Sound Stages

Queentintin

Quote:

Quote:

User Image
Xinome

Oo and Ahhh thats spectacular ! mrgreen
thinks Xinome  

Queentintin

Vice Captain

Fashionable Delight

33,100 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:49 am
User Image
Blumiere

[Player's Room]
Blumiere continued to work his magic show to end the PSA
Match Game 73 to Match Game 82 will be the Best Game since itself. Blumiere said to the girls

*End of PSA*

Queentintin

Quote:

Quote:

OOC PSAs, Games and Specials

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items