CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:42 pm
Hello, everyone. AnimusHelixRebirth here of the Mermaid Princess RP Guild!

Here is a PSA about the characters explaining about Family Feud. This is for those who are unfamiliar with the TV Show that ran from 1975 to 1995 being the classic era, where its also more of an Improv Comedy than a game.

This section is also outside the main IC for the guild.

PSA OOC Time: 9-6-2022 to 10-8-2022

PSA Segments:
= Family Feud: Rules of the Game

In Progress Visits:
Elsa & Grant
Anna & Rodney

Completed Visits:

Player's Room:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

BGM: Home Sweet Home (Daggerfall)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:06 am
Postponed due to Technical Difficulties

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:18 pm
User Image
Grant
Prince of Arendelle, Norway (Elsa's Husband)
"The six great elements heed my call."

Rodney
Prince of Arendelle, Norway (Anna's Husband)
"Can't you just feel the magic?"

[Player's Home]
Grant entered the Player's Room with a Gate Spell to see the Narrator is working on something.
I see the Narrator has something to show us, Snowflake.

Anna, I wonder what it could be? Rodney asked Anna

Narrator: Well, after a little Rewiring that I did earlier, I was able to get back Online via Secure Transmission. Anyway, other than that, check this out...

User Image
User Image
Narrator: This is device is called a Wish Radio and connecting it to a Time Monitor. Once Operational, this device will let someone see through the Past, Present and Future. The Narrator lightly taps the monitor
Narrator: Its sort of like a Television Set from a Kids Adventure Game I loved called Putt Putt Travels Through Time, always was one of my favorite Children's Computer Games.

Grant was amazed
That's neat, Snowflake. We can talk to our children, Angarr & Iduna with this.

Narrator: As a matter of fact, let me tune into this one station. The Narrator tunes into the "Future" Station, that Elsa & Grant's Children can talk with their parents from the Future, Audio Only.

*Family Feud Introduction*
Narrator: But first, let me tell you a story...
In 1976, NBC Purchased the rights to a Pilot Episode and a Series afterwards. It was hosted by Richard Dawson, former Match Game Classic Panelist. You may think this was just another Game at first Glance, but this was no mere Game as it turned out to be the Most Successful Games in History which falls under the Same League as Double Dare, Jeopardy, The Price is Right & Wheel of Fortune.
That game is... Family Feud!

User Image
Narrator: What makes this game fun is its diversity. Anyone can tune in back then and they would know how the game is played & who was leading or winning until one team reached the Target Goal such as $300 to win the game. There's a total of 7 Different Incarnations of this game, however, its structure and gameplay always remains the same. Its a Formula that has worked for years & still goes strong to this day.

Snowflake, how does this game work? Grant had a question for the Narrator.

Queentintin

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:57 pm
CrystBalfast
User Image
Grant

Rodney

[Player's Home]
Grant entered the Player's Room with a Gate Spell to see the Narrator is working on something.
I see the Narrator has something to show us, Snowflake.

Anna, I wonder what it could be? Rodney asked Anna

Narrator: Well, after a little Rewiring that I did earlier, I was able to get back Online via Secure Transmission. Anyway, other than that, check this out...

User Image
User Image
Narrator: This is device is called a Wish Radio and connecting it to a Time Monitor. Once Operational, this device will let someone see through the Past, Present and Future. The Narrator lightly taps the monitor
Narrator: Its sort of like a Television Set from a Kids Adventure Game I loved called Putt Putt Travels Through Time, always was one of my favorite Children's Computer Games.

Grant was amazed
That's neat, Snowflake. We can talk to our children, Angarr & Iduna with this.

Narrator: As a matter of fact, let me tune into this one station. The Narrator tunes into the "Future" Station, that Elsa & Grant's Children can talk with their parents from the Future, Audio Only.

*Family Feud Introduction*
Narrator: But first, let me tell you a story...
In 1976, NBC Purchased the rights to a Pilot Episode and a Series afterwards. It was hosted by Richard Dawson, former Match Game Classic Panelist. You may think this was just another Game at first Glance, but this was no mere Game as it turned out to be the Most Successful Games in History which falls under the Same League as Double Dare, Jeopardy, The Price is Right & Wheel of Fortune.
That game is... Family Feud!

User Image
Narrator: What makes this game fun is its diversity. Anyone can tune in back then and they would know how the game is played & who was leading or winning until one team reached the Target Goal such as $300 to win the game. There's a total of 7 Different Incarnations of this game, however, its structure and gameplay always remains the same. Its a Formula that has worked for years & still goes strong to this day.

Snowflake, how does this game work? Grant had a question for the Narrator.

Queentintin

Quote:

Quote:

Elsa
Princess of Arendelle, Norway

If I'm right, was 2 different families fighting well guessing clues, for topics, with buzzers, timed as well, the Narrator will explain more =)
and ohh I so want to speak to our children my love

thinks Elsa,  

Queentintin

Vice Captain

Fashionable Delight

33,100 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:14 pm
User Image
Grant

Rodney

[Player's Home]
Snowflake, sure. Grant picked up the headphones and speaker Hello? Angarr, Iduna, are you there? It's your mother and father, Elsa & Grant. Grant speaks through the wish radio's microphone as the Monitor shows shows a speaker icon and hears his son and daughter's voices.

Please continue, Mr. Narrator. Rodney said to the Narrator

*Family Feud Gameplay 1: Introductions*
Narrator: First we're introduced to our two teams such as teams 2-5 to name an example such as family or friends to be their teammates vs another team. During the introductions, there was a nice Minigame to be played.
A Team would pick one lolipop treat from a tree besides their podium, if it had a grey stem than that team nets a $100 Bonus regardless of the final outcome along with anything else won that day.

The way I plan to do it is have 2 Mini Refrigerators near the podiums with Sea Salt Ice Cream Pops and if it has a Kingdom Hearts Icon with the word, "Winner", then that team gets a $100 Bonus.

*Family Feud Gameplay 2: Face Offs & Gameplay*
Narrator: After that, the Face Off would start with one member of each team called to the center podium. The Residing Host would read off a Servery of 100 People with the top answers on the game board and the goal is to find the most popular answers... That said players would need to guess the top answer to gain control of the round.

The Team with the Highest Answer being the Number 1 answer would have the option of Playing that Round or Passing it to the other team. However, both options could be a hard decision to make and I'll explain why soon.
The Residing Host would go down the line and ask the team's players for the remaining answers. To get all the points, that team would need to clear the board, otherwise, the other team would steal the points. The team that plays can give 3 incorrect answers before control is transferred to the other team as all they need to do is come up with one answer to steal the points for the round. This is what I mean being a hard decision to make sometimes.
Other than that, its a simple game, with the tough calls being whoever is in control of the board.

The Narrator explained.

Queentintin

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:25 pm
CrystBalfast
User Image
Grant

Rodney

[Player's Home]
Snowflake, sure. Grant picked up the headphones and speaker Hello? Angarr, Iduna, are you there? It's your mother and father, Elsa & Grant. Grant speaks through the wish radio's microphone as the Monitor shows shows a speaker icon and hears his son and daughter's voices.

Please continue, Mr. Narrator. Rodney said to the Narrator

*Family Feud Gameplay 1: Introductions*
Narrator: First we're introduced to our two teams such as teams 2-5 to name an example such as family or friends to be their teammates vs another team. During the introductions, there was a nice Minigame to be played.
A Team would pick one lolipop treat from a tree besides their podium, if it had a grey stem than that team nets a $100 Bonus regardless of the final outcome along with anything else won that day.

The way I plan to do it is have 2 Mini Refrigerators near the podiums with Sea Salt Ice Cream Pops and if it has a Kingdom Hearts Icon with the word, "Winner", then that team gets a $100 Bonus.

*Family Feud Gameplay 2: Face Offs & Gameplay*
Narrator: After that, the Face Off would start with one member of each team called to the center podium. The Residing Host would read off a Servery of 100 People with the top answers on the game board and the goal is to find the most popular answers... That said players would need to guess the top answer to gain control of the round.

The Team with the Highest Answer being the Number 1 answer would have the option of Playing that Round or Passing it to the other team. However, both options could be a hard decision to make and I'll explain why soon.
The Residing Host would go down the line and ask the team's players for the remaining answers. To get all the points, that team would need to clear the board, otherwise, the other team would steal the points. The team that plays can give 3 incorrect answers before control is transferred to the other team as all they need to do is come up with one answer to steal the points for the round. This is what I mean being a hard decision to make sometimes.
Other than that, its a simple game, with the tough calls being whoever is in control of the board.

The Narrator explained.

Queentintin

Quote:

Quote:

Elsa

Ah sounds fun =) Family Feud 3nodding [ and are they listening to us, my love? Angarr and Iduna ,oh wow! eek
thinks Elsa  

Queentintin

Vice Captain

Fashionable Delight

33,100 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:37 pm
User Image
Grant

Rodney

[Player's Home]

Snowflake, I hear them playing our song. Would you like to speak with them? I also hear our musicians playing too. Grant said to Elsa as he heard their children play if you love me for me, then heard the Arendelle Musicians play town square music.

*Family Feud Gameplay 3: Rounds & Endgame*
Narrator: A total of 3-5 Rounds would be played. After a few rounds of the initial base value of the score, points were Doubled and after the Double Points Round, Points were Tripled and after that, if no team scored $300, then a Sudden Death Round would be played.
When a Sudden Death Round is played. The Number 1 answer is valid and points were Tripled. The Team who gets the answer would win the game. This happened once or twice in the actual show.
The Team who scored $300 would move on to the Endgame Bonus Round being called Fast Money.

Fast Money is played in a simple way. One player would be on stage while the other would be in an isolation booth with the audio and video feed cut so as not to hear or see what's happening.
The Host would then read off 5 Questions & the player would give the first answer it came to mind which sounds simple in the base game. The gaol of this round is to score 200 Points or Greater to win the $5,000 Grand Prize. If the team is unable to do so, that Team walks out with 5x the score then translated into Dollar Format.
But wait, there's more...
...Fast Money was known for another reason, since it was fast paced, some players game some funny answers. More on that later...
The Narrator explained.

*Family Feud 4: Dawson Era History 1*
Narrator: Family Feud began as a spinoff of the Smash Hit, Match Game. Bringing Panelist Richard Dawson as the Residing Host. When it first aired in the Summer of 1976, it wasn't always a success to begin with but it was only after ABC Network moved it and found its target audience, skyrocketing into the ratings and popularity. This Continued when ABC made a Nighttime Syndicated Show as well which lasted for 7 Years but by 1984, things started to go downhill from there.
A new game called Trivia Trap aired before Family Feud Daytime. Trivia Trap was not the only game getting the attention but Family Feud also fell victim to 3 Powerhouses Ratings being The Price is Right, Wheel of Fortune & Jeopardy. By 1985, both Shows of Family Feud's Generation 1 Era came to a close with the Nighttime Syndication Show being the First to get its plug pulled during May 1985, the Daytime Version also got unplugged a few weeks later during Summer 1985. Family Feud Generation 1 also had conclusion where Richard Dawson made an emotional farewell at the end of the show. This was cut from the original airing but has been aired on reruns...

*Family Feud 5: Combs Classic Era 2 Part 1*
Narrator: On July of the Summer of 1988, about 6 Months after I was born, CBS took control of Family Feud and relaunched both versions with Ray Combs as the Residing Host, marking the Start of Family Feud Generation 2 of the Classic Era. This Generation introduced a New Element called the Bullseye Round.

*Family Feud 6: Combs Classic Era 2 - Bullseye Round*
Narrator: The Bullseye Round is a Lightning Round Face Off where each player is called for the Top Answer of each Servery Question. Each Question is worth an increasing amount of money to be added to the Opening Value of each team which would be the Team's Bank Score that would be used to play for in Fast Money such that team win the game. It would show up in several places over the years. Sometimes, it would be included and sometimes it would not be included. It could be a drag on the show's pacing or make the show a bit more challenging but then again, that all depends on one's point of view.

*Family Feud 7: Combs Classic Era 2 Part 2*
Narrator: The Second Generation of the Classic Family Feud Era lasted for a good while until 1994.

*Family Feud 8: Dawson Classic Era 3*
Narrator: At that time during 1994, Generation 3 saw Richard Dawson return. However, Generation 3 of Classic Family Feud lasted for a single year, ending the Classic Era of May 1995. There were more incarnations of the Family Feud leading into the Modern Era, the Classic Version was brought back one last time for Game Show Marathon in 2006.
Please Excuse me as I need to get a drink.
The Narrator left to get a drink.

Rodney asked Anna something
Anna, so that's half the History the Narrator said about Family Feud & left the other half out. Maybe we can finish this PSA for him? I could be worth a shot but I'll do my best, Sunflower...

*Modern Family Feud History 1: New Generation Part 1*
While the gameplay never changed, the hosts and sets did. When Family Feud was about to enter the Modern Era, the Producers wanted Richard Dawson to be the Residing Host once again. However, he already retired during that point. So the Producers brought in Louie Anderson to be the Residing Host. Burton Richardson was brought in as the Announcer. This line up lasted from 1999 to 2002 when Anderson left the show with Richard Karn succeeding him until 2006.

*Modern Family Feud History 2: New Generation Part 2*
By 2006, Family Feud's residing Host was John O'Hurley. During that time, Burton Richardson left the show & in 2010, Comedian Steve Harvey took over as the Residing Host with N*SYNC Former Boy Band Member, Joey Fatone, as the announcer.
Family Feud was even Filmed at the Universal Studios Theme Park in Hollywood & Orlando too. So that's cool as well!

*Conclusion*
While there was 7 Incarnations of this show, 3 Classic & 4 Modern, 5 Different Hosts & the sets got a makeover over the years, the gameplay and structure remains the same the entire time. It may look different from 1976 but it STILL works in a lot of ways, even the Modern Incarnation had its share of funny moments.
So as long as Family Feud's Format stays intact, its set for all Future Generations to enjoy as its a Definite Winner for All Time.
Rodney said to Anna & the Viewers

Later, the Narrator returned after getting a drink of water
So, Snowflake, I see our children are having fun in the future. Thanks for letting us use your Wish Radio. Grant said to the Narrator

Queentintin

SweetSorrow101

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:57 am
CrystBalfast

Elsa

Hello Angarr and Iduna heart It was really nice to hear our song, ty children , and ty Rodney for explaining everything to us =)
my children heart thinks Elsa

Anna

Rodney you sure were good at telling us about those shows, ty biggrin all interesting ^^ and oh wow were listening to Angarr and Iduna, sweet heart
thinks Anna  

Queentintin

Vice Captain

Fashionable Delight

33,100 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:31 am
User Image
Grant

Rodney

[Player's Home]
Narrator: Sounds great. I'm back. I'll think about making an OOC Game Pilot for Family Feud Classic. Thank you for your time, guys. The Narrator said to the characters

That was pretty cool. Ready to head back to the IC, everyone? Grant said to Elsa & her friends

Queentintin

SweetSorrow101

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:10 am
CrystBalfast
User Image
Grant

Rodney

[Player's Home]
Narrator: Sounds great. I'm back. I'll think about making an OOC Game Pilot for Family Feud Classic. Thank you for your time, guys. The Narrator said to the characters

That was pretty cool. Ready to head back to the IC, everyone? Grant said to Elsa & her friends

Queentintin

SweetSorrow101

Quote:

Elsa

thanks we had a fun time here, lots of good info, ty =)
says Elsa, yes ready to head back  

Queentintin

Vice Captain

Fashionable Delight

33,100 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:52 am
*End of PSA*

OOC PSAs, Games and Specials

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games