Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[E-PRP] Terrors in the Night [Moon Whisper x Farvardin] FIN! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Visitors
  +1
View Results

Abe no Mizuki

Lonely Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:42 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

This is a September Event RP between Moon Whisper & Farvardin. Please do not post w/o permission!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:56 pm
Night had fallen and Moon Whisper was afraid, trying to not let it get the best of her. Her companion was out hunting for the two of them, since he knew killing another creature (even if it's for food) distressed her. Finding it already dead didn't bother her as badly. But him gone meant she was alone. Again. Though she'd been alone before... but not really, now that she thought about it. Either another Soquili or Wisp, she'd never been alone. Even as a foal, she'd had her brothers... She wondered where Darkhart was now, since his body hadn't been found, just... his... An involuntary whimper escaped as her body began to tremble as the memories started to resurface. No. No. Focus... go back into the cave, focus on the light and warmth within. The nice glow of your lantern... She thought, and turned around to go back inside. Wisp had managed on his own before, he'd be okay. Once he was done he'd come to fetch her and lead her to the kill, since it'd be difficult to carry back to their temporary den on his own.

Word Count: 188  

Abe no Mizuki

Lonely Shapeshifter

Bluedemonwolf

Darling Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:39 pm
Farvardin looked up at the sky as night fell and wondered how she had managed to get herself so terribly lost once again. "See I said I should have stuck to the path. I had been on it so many times before and managed to get to point A to point B with no issue." The head in the middle said.

"But the shiny thing! It was just there in the grass off the path! I needed it!" The head on the left replied with a whine. The head on the right sighed as the other two began to bicker. It was always like this for her. While she was really just one mind and really just one personality, her other heads like to voice different opinions or options or she used them to talk to herself. She's gotten some odd looks from others before because of it but she didn't mind it. It was what she was used to and really the expression two heads are better than one was really true when there were three heads.

Looking back down to the tree filled land she was lost in she looked around trying to find some point of interest to help direct her. As she was looking she noticed something off in the distance. It was faint but there was a light in the darkness. Was it a fire from one of those strange two legged creatures? Or another animal that glowed? It moved faintly and she began to think it was another animal. Perhaps they would know where she was and how she could get home.

She began to run in the direction of the glow making no effort to be quiet. Thus she crashed noisily through the woods, twigs and small branches snapping as she stepped on them or ran into them without care. Her tail dragged behind her catching on fallen leaves, brush, and any undergrowth. It added an odd noise that would only be heard when she wasn't stepping on anything that make a noise from breaking. As she drew closer to the light she saw it wasn't a big light at all and hung above the ground. It disappeared at one point (as Moon Whisper turned to head back to the cave) and she despaired for a moment thinking it was gone forever. It came partially back so she began to run faster.

The noise she was making could be heard growing louder and louder until it stopped entirely when she reached the edge of the tree line and stopped to catch her breath. All three heads were down with the eyes closed as she heavily panted to get her breath back. It was a rather creepy noise and sight as one set of eyes opened to shine red irises from with the tree line. Then another set opened followed by the third set, all three close together without giving any idea of what creature it was that was now looking at Moon Whisper from the darkness.
(wc: 503)  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:58 pm
What. Was. That?! Moon Whisper was just about inside the den entrance when she heard quite a ruckus crashing her way, and the voices of... three? Maybe three? Her ears immediately went flat, tail firmly between her legs, as she cast about for somewhere to hide behind. Which would mean setting her lantern down as it would give her location away... Carefully and swiftly placing it against the smooth surface of the cave wall, she scrambled to hide behind a tree that had fallen from above it, partly obscuring the entrance (which is what had drawn her and Wisp to it in the first place). She then flattened herself as much as she could against the forest floor, bits of dead leaves and twigs clinging to her fur.
Peering through a small gap in the foliage of the fallen forest giant, she could faintly make out something glinting in the moonlight in the direction the loud disturbance was coming from.

Word Count: 160  

Abe no Mizuki

Lonely Shapeshifter

Bluedemonwolf

Darling Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:20 pm
It took a solid minute for Farvardin to catch her breath. Once she did she noticed that the light had moved and wasn't as visible anymore. It looked like there was a cave or something up ahead and the light was faintly glowing from inside of it. She tilted one of her heads wondering where the creature who had the light had gone. Were they still nearby or did they go away, perhaps deeper into whatever it was up ahead that was obscuring the light?

Deciding that just pondering it wasn't going to answer her question she stepped out from the shadows and trees and into the more clear area. She opened her mouth on her middle head to call out to whoever was out there but stopped short when a sharp pain tugged on her tail. "OUCH!" She yelped turning around to growl at whatever had her tail. There was nothing there but plants... in fact it looked like since she dragged her tail on the ground that it got stuck in a prickly bush. "Ow ow ow ow ow oooooowwwww." She whined moving to work on getting her tail unstuck. It took her a minute to try and carefully remove her tail, two heads focused on the task and the third keeping a lookout.
(wc: 216)  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:57 pm
Moon Whisper remained hidden while the source of the disturbance burst into view. It wasn't three individuals... just one with three heads. She'd have fled right away at the sight if it weren't for the fact that Wisp wouldn't be able to find her once he returned. True, he could try to track her down via scent but that would take too long. Therefore, she remained where she was, trying to figure out what to do while the creature before her worked on extracting their tail from the brambles. She could use this opportunity to escape and come back later, but who knows how long the strange beast would linger. It could be all night, and there was the chance that Wisp would come back while they were still there... Suddenly she remembered something Wisp had told her.
"When unsure of what to do, bluff. Most folks fear the sight of a Shifter. Just try to hide that charm of yours with your cloak and hope for the best."
Well then. She'd try and do just that. Scare the other one off and then she'd feel safe again. Trying to reposition her cloak, she stepped around the gnarled crown of the fallen forest giant and tried her best to look intimidating, staring Farvardin down.

Word Count: 214  

Abe no Mizuki

Lonely Shapeshifter

Bluedemonwolf

Darling Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:04 pm
As Farvardin worked on freeing her tail, her third head noticed the stranger step out from behind a fallen tree staring down at her. "Uh.. hey... um... heads? Uh.. there's.... there's...." The head stammered trying to notify the other heads of the stranger but was ignored by the other heads as they both snapped 'not now!' before they began to mutter about what a pain this was.

Tail finally free she turned around making sure to hold the tail up high so it wouldn't get caught on anything else. As she did she finally noticed Moon Whisper who was trying to look intimidating. "Why didn't you say there was someone there Din head!?" The middle head angry whispered towards the left head. "I tried but you yelled at me not now." The left head sobbed. It wasn't actually crying but it did look like it was going to. "Never mind that. Let's see if they know where we are!" The right head replied before facing forward towards the stranger, "Why hello there! Um... do you know where this is?"

As she talked she began to walk towards Moon Whisper. She was pretty eager to find out if this stranger knew where they were at and possibly get directions home so she was moving rather quickly. The distance was quickly closing and she wasn't paying attention to where she was going. Instead she was taking details of this fierce looking Soquili. It looked like she had paws and tail like her and under the cloak it looked like she was wearing something else. What she had noticed was the telltale sign of a shifter but Farvardin had never encountered one before so common sense about shifters did not apply to her.

As she rushed over, preoccupied by trying to figure out what else Moon Whisper was wearing, she missed seeing a small dip in the ground, not quite a hole but a depression in the ground. Since she missed it she stepped down wrong, one leg going down further than expected making her fall. She landed on the ground with a large thud, one of her skulls flying off her head. She laid there for a moment, embarrassed beyond belief with her cheeks turning red. (wc: 374)  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:10 pm
The last thing Moon Whisper expected was for the other to approach her eagerly, chattering away. With all three heads. It was dizzying to try and process this. Ears going back in alarm, she started to back up but stopped, remembering she was supposed to maintain the illusion of fearsome Shifter. It would be so easily shattered if she backed down now... Trying to figure out how to keep the other from getting into her personal bubble while looking fearsome, the problem was solved by a dip in the terrain. Oh. So THIS is why Wisp picked this spot. The terrain's providing natural defenses. She thought, looking down at the other Soquili with confusion. The threat level was clearly nonexistent with this one... Padding over to where the skull-helmet had bounded after flying off, she gave it a nudge before picking it up with her teeth and returning with it, dropping it a few feet in front of Farvardin. She then skittered back a few feet to resume her position near the fallen forest giant, reluctant to be so close to someone unfamiliar.

Word Count: 183  

Abe no Mizuki

Lonely Shapeshifter

Bluedemonwolf

Darling Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:02 pm
Farvardin closed her eyes while laying on the ground doing her best to fight the embarrassment she was feeling. A soft noise made her open one set of eyes. She opened them just in time to see the stranger dropping off her helmet a few feet away from her. Noticing the skittering movement as Moon Whisper moved back to her original spot made a light bulb click on. Those were movements of someone scared. She thought back about how she got here and her limited interactions and inwardly groaned. She couldn't blame the stranger for being scared, not with the way she came crashing out of the forest.

Rolling over she settled her legs underneath herself choosing to remain in a laying position on the ground. Smaller things were less scary, right? She reached out one her heads to snag her helmet to drag it closer to her. She'd put it back on when she stood up. "Ah... ah...." She paused to clear her throat unsure of how exactly to proceed now, "Ah... thank you for bringing my helmet back. And I'm... I'm sorry. I probably frightened you with how I approached. I was just so excited to find someone who might be able to help me." She paused to look sheepishly at Moon Whisper for a moment before looking back at the ground. "You see... I've lost my way. I'm trying to find the wolf rock fork so I can go home. I should have stayed on the path but I got distracted and now I can't find the path again." (wc: 262)  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:12 pm
Wolf what now? Moon Whisper thought, confused, as she watched the other roll and reposition herself (the voice coming from the heads sounded feminine, at least). Wisp might know what they're talking about... Sure hope he returns soon. Remaining where she was, in spite of the non-threatening position (and the threat level zero that was spectacularly displayed earlier), Moon glanced at the sky, where a few clouds scuttled across the moon and briefly obscuring its light, and then back down at the prone figure before her.

Shifting her weight around from paw to paw, she fidgeted, trying to find a way to communicate with the wayward one. Wisp wasn't here to translate for her, and she doubted many knew her version of communication; sign language. Padding over to where she'd tucked the lantern away, she picked it up with her teeth and went over to where the exuberant unintentional guest lay and pawed at the ground, then turned to face the cave and looked behind her, tail slightly wagging. Hopefully that would at least be understood.

Word Count: 176  

Abe no Mizuki

Lonely Shapeshifter

Bluedemonwolf

Darling Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:28 pm
Farvardin wasn't sure how to take the silence. Was the stranger still scared, scared speechless perhaps? The two outer heads tilted in different directions as she watched the stranger look up to the sky. She also looked up wondering if there was something going on up there. She didn't see anything but the moon with some clouds. She looked back down to see Moon Whisper move to go grab something. She wondered what the other was doing but it was quickly solved when she came back with a lantern in her mouth.

She smiled when Moon approached her, her own tail wagging happily. She cocked her head when Moon pawed the ground and then turned towards the cave. She wasn't quite sure what she wanted but seeing the slight tail wag and the glance back to her she thought that maybe the stranger wanted her to follow her.

Standing up slowly she grabbed her helmet and worked on getting it back on her head. "So I take it you don't know where wolf rock fork is? It's a rock in the shape of a wolf in a fork in the path. It's what I call it at least. Don't know if it goes by anything else." She said slowly following Moon. She didn't want to spook her again after all. "Oh! I never introduced myself! So sorry." She said, "I'm Far... Var.... Din!" The right head started followed quickly by the middle and left heads. The right head shot a deadpan look at the other two at the left head at least had the decency to look sheepish. "Farvardin. Sorry... I guess my other heads get too excited and just feel the need to chip in." (wc: 286)  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:45 pm
Far-var-din, eh? They certainly make quite a din between the three of them. Moon let out a soft wuff, her version of a laugh, at the thought. Wherever this rock with the split in the trail was, she hadn't seen it (yet), but it could wait until daylight (or Wisp came back). Seeking it in the darkness, even with the soft light of the moon and the bobbing glow of her lantern, would still be risky. Shadows hid many things underpaw that either light lacked the strength to reveal, and Moon was certain the other didn't wish to discover another gopher hole again.

Reaching the entrance to the cave, she turned to face the guest and pawed at the ground, and sat down. Oh. Name... how do I tell Farvardin my name..? Getting an idea, she pointed her snout at the moon and huffed softly. The gesture caused her cloak to shift and slide back into its usual position, revealing the charm and scars on her neck. The other scars on her body shone faintly in the lantern's gentle glow.

Word Count: 180  

Abe no Mizuki

Lonely Shapeshifter

Bluedemonwolf

Darling Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:03 pm
Farvardin tilted one of her heads at the soft wuff, clearly recognizing it as a laugh. She smiled softly a little confused as to what was so funny but more than happy to go with it. She followed Moon to the cave not too pressed to get an answer on if Moon knew how to get her home, or really to even go home. She had a potential new friend right here after all!

She stopped, making sure to keep several feet away from Moon, when Moon sat down. She watched at Moon pointed up towards the moon and then huffed softly. She tilted her head confused. Why wasn't she speaking? Did she take a vow of silence? Did she not speak to strangers? Did they still count as strangers since Farvardin had introduced herself? Introduce herself.... wait! Maybe this was how she introduced herself! She thought back to what Moon had done. Pointed the moon and huffed softly. Moon....light? quiet? Quiet Moon? "Oh! Yeah that makes sense! Quiet Moon! It's a nice name. Nice to meet you Quiet Moon." She said with such confidence and pride that she had figured out the name.

She had been so busy trying to figure out the name that she missed the charm and scars being revealed. She did note the other scars that showed from the cloak not reaching them but didn't say anything about them. She found out the hard way that some take offense to scars being pointed out. "So.... um.... We're waiting for day? I can stay here and sleep or if you want I can sleep out there." She offered not wanting to make Moon uncomfortable, granted she'd much rather stay close and get to know her new friend better. (wc: 292)  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:18 pm
Quiet Moon is what she came up with..? That's close enough I suppose. Moon Whisper thought, amused, when Farvardin guessed at what she was trying to say. Wisp can clear things up when he returns. Pointing her nose to the back of the cave, she let out a soft whuff and nodded her head. Hopefully Farvardin will understand THAT. I just hope Wisp won't make a big fuss about me having an unexpected guest stay with us... it'd be embarrassing... Moon was going to stay up until Wisp returned and explain the situation to him. When morning came, they would guide the lost visitor to the landmark she described. With the sun's glow lighting the way much more brightly than her feeble lantern, it'd be a safer journey than blindly crashing through the forest on a wild goose chase at night when the shadows hid everything.

Word Count: 146  

Abe no Mizuki

Lonely Shapeshifter

Bluedemonwolf

Darling Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:27 pm
Farvardin watched Quiet Moon (who was really Moon Whisper) point to the back of the cave and nod. Oh so she could go sleep back there! "Thanks! I'll go to the back and settle there for the night." She said taking a few steps in that direction, "I'm not usually an early riser so feel free to wake me up if you wake before me and want to get going." She made no mention of the fact that she could be a little hard to wake up since she's never really had anyone to try and wake her before. Reaching the back of the cave she looked around for a good spot before circling around and then laying down. She tucked her heads in as best as she could and closed her eyes to go to sleep. A smile was on all of her heads as she thought about her new friend and that how in the morning she'd be on her way home, never expecting that she'd get to meet someone new as well. (wc: 175)  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff