Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply :[ The Fifth Age ]:
[PLOT] First Comes Love, Then Comes Marriage, Then Comes...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:19 pm
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Mene
After getting properly married, Sven and Alba had spent the last nearly-a-season combining their households and learning how to live together. Alba had moved into his alcove, and they'd enjoyed blending their things and creating a space that felt truly "theirs". It had been difficult for Alba to give up her large bathroom, as Sven's alcove used that space for a kitchen instead, but she made do, finding creative ways to store her lotions, soaps, and pigments that didn't take up the whole room.

They both had been used to living alone as adults, and while they were both thrilled to be spending all their time together, instead of just most of it, there was still an adjustment period. Luckily their personalities were so well-matched there weren't any major snags, just little frictions that were smoothed out as easily as straightening a wrinkle in fabric. They learned to give each other grace, and, in time, they settled into a rhythm they both enjoyed.

Alba had been mulling over how to bring up the question of children for a fortnight or so. All the babies in their family had grown up now, and Alba was beginning to feel strongly that it was their "turn". She felt ready for parenthood, or as ready as anyone could feel. But Alba didn't want to spring such a conversation on Sven; neither did she want to cause him undue anxiety by stringing it out.

She'd chosen to broach the subject during a calm moment. After dinner, they were enjoying a glass of wine together on the sofa, just relaxed and cuddled together. "Darling," began Alba gently, holding Sven's hand where it came around her shoulder, turning her head to kiss his thumb. "I wonder if we can...talk about what it might look like when we're ready to start a family."

Dai
More than most, Sven and Alba had been incredibly intentionally... well... intentional as they continued to progress their relationship up until their wedding night and beyond. It'd be a lie to say everything has gone just swimmingly, but it had been reasonably smooth. Sven had been aware from the time he spent at her place, but by the Earth did women like to keep a lot of things - especially of the beautifying kind... To say nothing of her veritable horde of yarns and fabrics.

Still, she'd been real considerate with the speed she changed the space, so he'd had time to ease into it without it becoming overwhelming.

During this time, their families' combined horde of children - could you believe there'd been 9 borne around the same time?? - had aged into strapping young lasses and lads. He didn't see much of his brother's 2 anymore, which was to be expected given Yipes' own fickleness, but the rest still came by occasionally when they needed something of their Auntie... Or, er... Cousin? It was complicated - not worth thinking too hard on.

What a family he'd married into.

He rubbed her shoulder lightly as he usually did when they were spending their quiet time together, just enjoying each other's company. "Hmm...?" He hummed as he took a sip from his wine. Had she brought this question up again a couple of seasons ago, perhaps she'd have been met with more hesitation, discomfort... But he'd had quite a while to muse it, grow comfortable with it. He still wasn't super keen on the chaos children would bring, but he prioritized Alba's wishes over that little comfort. "Sure... What about it?"

Classic Sven.

Mene
Alba flushed. That wasn't much to go on. "Well," she began again with a bit of a shrug, cuddling into him a bit more. "I'm sure I've made my feelings on having children....rather clear," she said with a bit of a giggle. That much was an understatement. "But I don't want to start a family until we're ready. So I just....wanted to talk about what 'ready' looks like. Is there anything that we, like, want to have done first?" She kissed his hand again. "I want to know your thoughts," she added.

Dai
Sven nodded emphatically - oh yeah, she'd certainly made it clear -just- how much she wanted kids, pretty much from the moment her brother's.... er... partners...? were expecting. Playing the role of Auntie and Uncle had given them both time to slow everything down.

He took a sip of his wine, then leaned forward to set it on the coffee table before holding that now-free hand up to count. "Well, there were a few things... Let's see... 1) married; 2) living together; 3) no longer babysitting..." Mm... Was there anything else? He fell into silence as he contemplated.

Mene
Alba nodded as he spoke. All those qualifications were met! She bit her lip to keep from speaking up--by now she could sort of tell when he was quiet because he was thinking and didn't want to interrupt--but she couldn't help a hopeful little smile and a "Mhm?".

Maybe they were ready. Her heart raced and her mind wandered a bit, planning patterns for baby blankets.

Dai
Oh, lightbulb!

"4) a room needs to be made and prepared for them; 5) we need toys and blankets and bedding ready; 6) names, of course..." Another pause. "Have I missed anything?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:20 pm
Mene
That was.....quite specific. Alba sat up and turned to face him. "I..." she began, then stopped. She put her fingers in front of her mouth, cheeks pink and eyes a bit sparkly. "Mm. Well, those are things we can take care of while I'm pregnant..." She hesitated for just a fraction of a second on "pregnant", as if she'd been afraid to say it before. "Unless you want to have all that done before we start trying...?"

"Um...." she added. "I also have some thoughts about names, if you wanted to talk about that now......."

Dai
Sven's expression grew serious at her suggestion. "Absolutely not - it needs to be completed beforehand so you can focus on yourself. You remember how stressed your brother was trying to figure all that out at the same time. "

Aaaaand now he was hyper-focused on this topic.

Mene
"That's true," conceded Alba, tapping her chin with one finger. She did like the idea of having everything taken care of so that she could enjoy being pregnant without stress. Hm. She smiled and took Sven's hand again. "I love how you're always thinking of me."

She turned his hand over and rubbed his palm with her thumb. "Do you....are we ready to start making those preparations?" she asked, somewhat hesitantly. Whether or not he was ready, she was already planning. Blankets and bedding would be no problem at all. She could have those done in like, a week. Expanding their alcove would require a trip to the Tree Shaper but once that was finished they could start populating it with everything the babies would need.

Dai
Sven nodded, grateful that she understood the importance of planning ahead. They could take as much time as they needed making sure the environment would be absolutely perfect... or as perfect as they could reasonably make it. Or unreasonably make it.

The pressure of her hand on his brought him back from the rabbit hole he was about to embark down, and he glanced away, then back before shrugging. "There's no reason to rush, but also no reason not to begin if that's what you want."

Mene
The wheels were fully turning now, and Alba was beginning to get excited again. "That is what I want," she agreed, nodding excitedly. Her heart fluttered and she felt like she had butterflies in her stomach. She leaned forward and gave him a kiss, then touched her forehead to his, lingering close. "I'm excited to do this together," she murmured, eyes sparkling.

After a moment she shifted so she was sitting next to him again, facing him so they could continue their conversation, but with her legs draped over his lap so they could continue cuddling. It was obvious she was feeling sweet and amorous, as she wanted to be touching all the time. Alba sipped at her wine to try and calm herself just an eensy bit. "Would it be alright to talk through some of this now? Or would you rather wait until morning?" she inquired, trying to be casual but that excitement clearly coming through.

Dai
Sven had expected some type of positive reaction from Alba, given how much she'd probably been wanting to have this conversation for quite some time now, but this had been beyond expectations. It tickled his heart a bit to see her so excited.

He smiled warmly and leaned into her embraces, then shifted a little to make themselves (or at least himself) a bit more comfortable. "Now is fine - planning before action and all. Which part did you want to talk about?"

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:24 pm
Mene
"Can we talk about names?" Alba practically bubbled, almost before he'd finished. "I have some ideas," she confessed, tucking a curl behind her ear. "Ever since I was a teenager I knew I wanted to name my future children after my grandmother." She fondly recalled sitting at Grandmother's hooves and listening to stores about Equestria. She never thought to wonder, until she was grown, why she didn't hear as many stories from her mother, who also came from there. "We're just....really close--did you know she taught me to embroider?--, and she was so important in her homeland, and I think she deserves a legacy. Plus her name is so beautiful."

She cleared her throat gently and tried to stop waxing poetic about Grandmother. "Anyway, I like Caelia and Celeste for girls, and Caelius and Caelestis for boys." And now she paused for Sven's reaction. Alba absolutely had her heart set on these names, so she wasn't exactly sure what she'd do if Sven hated them, or if he had his own ideas.

Dai
Sven nodded - yes, names was fine. Sure, perhaps one of the few things he considered that could be waited until they actually decided to try, but no matter. "Celestia, right? You have mentioned that - and I think she might have managed to be even more excited than your parents at the wedding," her 'darling granddaughter' was involved after all.

He laughed a bit at what had been meant as a bit of a joke before continuing.

"I think that's a wonderful gesture - I'm sure she'll feel honored. Still..." He puffed a bit of air from his nose, finding something a bit funny about the names, "...aren't they all a bit similar? You could always pay homage to your grandfather or mother as well."

Mene
Alba couldn't help but deflate a bit. Sven did have a point, the names all were very similar, but that's part of what she liked about them! "I mean.....it isn't as if we'll use all four at once," she said, trying not to sound defensive. "I think any two of them together will just sound, like, match-y." And once they had children named after Grandmother she'd be happy to honor other family members with future children. She couldn't imagine what she'd do to honor her mother. A Fauny name, clearly, but what? Those names were all so inelegant.

"You don't hate them, do you?" she asked hesitantly, a bit of anxiety creeping in.

Dai
Sven instinctively quipped back, "I sincerely hope not!" to the suggestion there was even any possibility of having four, but quickly brought his anxiety back down by taking a small breath in and pausing.

"No, they're all beautiful." He reached up to brush a stray piece of hair back behind her ear.

"It's just... Well... Your family -does- like to name the children similarly..." like Faroth and Faelon, Ranuin and Randir, Irit and Nurit... "...I'd just assumed it was accidental."

Mene
Alba smiled at the touch and took a breath herself to calm her anxieties. "I'd never do anything like that accidentally," she affirmed. "And....we can revisit names again later, if you want. Maybe when it's closer."

"I thought maybe we could pay a visit to the Tree Shaper in the next few days, to start that process. Once we have an extra room, we can start to get everything together that we'll need."

Dai
Sven nodded - that'd be a good idea. Maybe they'd be able to think up other variations of 'Celestia' than just the four she'd put out. It would be a bit much to have both Caelia and Caelius as siblings, for example... Though there really weren't many similar-sounding names, huh? Mmm... What a conundrum...

"Sure, we could do that..." He responded without really thinking too hard on it, still otherwise contemplating different varieties that Alba might acquiesce to.

Mene
Well, now he'd gotten Alba going, so she chattered away about how to make preparations for babies, something she'd obviously given a lot of thought to already. She talked about how to prepare a nursery, how she'd make receiving blankets and cloths and such, and all the things they'd need to prepare for children to arrive. Her mood was extremely cheerful, excited, and loving. And once they'd finished their wine and their conversation, Alba suggested that they retire early so as to get an early start in the morning.~

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games