[PRP] Boar of a Problem [FINISHED]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:18 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Daisicle
Felicia found herself lounging about in the forest canopy just past the river beyond Kekomura, one knee pulled to her chest as she watched a drift of wild pigs congregate down below, a bored expression on her face. She hadn't seen any interesting prey in some time, and she hadn't had anything interesting happen in her life recently. Nothing since that one male.

She was so bored that she was considering slaughtering the entire drift below. Just for fun.

Sigh.

caffeinecraving
Sam was lurking. She had tracked the pigs this far and finally... FINALLY... they had settled.

Her eyes took in the exit paths. There would only be one chance for surprising them... so she had to figure out the best one... the big boar looked the best. Gnarly tusks and hide thick enough she wasnt 100% sure her knife would pierce it. She chewed her lip. He would run toward a small animal trail that was the most easy escape... so she just had to wait till he turned just... like....

The demon attacked! Coming out of the bushes with speed. This one was hers!

Daisicle
Some movement out of sight of the pigs caught the harpy's attention down below. She placed a hand on her cheek, leaned forward, and narrowed her vacant eyes until she identified a female from the village - one that fancied herself a hunter.

Wasn't she quite a bit further out than usual?

She raised a brow - it seemed that the girl's technique had improved......- and then she blew it by just rushing out. Le sigh. That meat was gonna be nasty if she didn't kill it quickly and properly bloodlet it.

Still, she didn't elect to step in and help. That'd be rude to interfere with the hunt.

caffeinecraving
Sam was indeed father out... but if anyone asked the pigs started near the village... and so... she was just following them... she doubted anyone would ask though.

Sam realized a moment too late that she had blown it. The pig hadnt turned 100% and so had caught sight of her! They all ran. She watched the large male bolt witht he herd. Oh no! She threw open her demon wings to block a small one. A Runty piglet was better than nothing!

She got it with a quick strike! It was a far cry from the trophy she had been hunting, but... she had it quickly with a sigh. a bird in the hand... and all Well... she would be hunting again tomorrow it seemed. She stretched and looked around making sure the large male hadnt doubled back around.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:18 pm
Daisicle
Aaaaaaand, there went the lot of em. Just scattering like the wild animals they were. Oh dear, it seemed her target had slipped through her hands (near literally) and forced her to concede to a much smaller prize. That little meat would hardly feed a few pae - and for must have been such a long effort in tracking them.

Oh, was she looking now? Seeing if she might be lucky enough for an opportunity for a second?

Felicia could help rectify those hopes.

"It seems they've all gone!" she called from the treetops, her posture once again languid as she watched from above

caffeinecraving
Sam legit jumped. She hadnt even noticed the harpy... she looked around. If the harpy wanted her kill Sam wasnt about to let it go... she had tracked and she needed to bring something back... if not she would be the laughing stock... well she would feel like one. She drooped her wings though as the harpy confirmed her assessment.

"Yeah.... i really messed up the attack there... if i had waited a moment longer that boar would have been mine." She smiled softly but was still prepared just incase.

Daisicle
Felicia brushed some hair from her face as she curtly nodded, apparently agreeing with the self-assessment. "Your hunting has certainly improved, but you still have a nasty habit of letting impatience get the best of you."

"So what now - will you continue the hunt, or return to the village?"

caffeinecraving
Sam tipped her head. Improved? Had this harpy seen her hunt before. She blinked and refused to feel upset about being watched, So she nodded. "I thought he was going the other way." She kinda crossed her arms. Though she knew better than to judge.... too hard.

She blinked though. "Uh...." She glanced up at the sky. She would have usually turned in... taken the scrap of a piglet back and made a pair of work gloves... but with the option presented as almost a challenge she nodded. "Of course.... we hunt... right?" She tipped her head toward the way they scattered. "Im sure you could do better.... I would be honored if you showed me!"

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:19 pm
Daisicle
Of course Felicia had watched - hanging out in the forest was only -so- entertaining at times. She tended to let others entertain her instead when the opportunity presented... though she did take care to stay out of sight to let them behave in their natural ways. It was no different than watching any other animal's daily routines.

And... well... whatever made the girl feel better about the hunt, Felicia supposed. She wasn't going to poke holes in her logic.

Oho, so she was going to continue the hunt - wouldn't that leave her returning back in the dark? No that it was her concern. She leaned forward and stared down with those vacant eyes of hers at the follow-up statement. The words could be taken as sarcastic, a challenge, earnestness... any number of things... and she was taking the moment to reflect on which this was.

Most likely the last of them.

"I'll be flying - can you keep up?"

caffeinecraving
Sam wouldnt think too deeply about that. She thought about the times she had done some... interesting... things in the woods.... trying to climb trees instead of fly up... or fighting a nest of bees... She blinked. Honestly sam appreciated her letting her sinking boat sink on its own. She twitched her wings awkwardly.

She nodded "i can try!" With wings stretched out she waited ready to follow after the harpy. Afterall, ne hunting tips were never unwanted!

Daisicle
Felicia shrugged before leaning further forward... and further... until she tipped forward and over the branch before quickly flipping around in the air and twisting to continue in the direction the herd had moved. She didn't look back to make sure Sam was following - it was no difference to her if the girl came or not. Keeping to just below the canopy, she weaved through the branches with speed and grace, her vacant eyes searching for movement down below.

Once the boars were spotted, she silently slowed and perched on an branch above them, cognizant to not shake it too dramatically with her landing.

This was the moment she looked back to see if Sam had managed to keep her in sight at least.

caffeinecraving
Sam's wings were a bit bulkier and she wasnt as fast... but Sam was determined. And flying through... well more a mix of jumping and gliding through the trees she was actually pretty hot on the trail. The important part was, while she could still be quieter, she was being fairly stealthy, stepping close to the trunks so the branches didnt shake and the leaves didnt scream their incoming. Sam skidded to a halt digging into the tree to try and hold on without a sound. She caused enough one looked up but a moment later went back to eating and she quietly released the breath she had been holding and then nodded. Ok... Great huntress show here what to do!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:20 pm
Daisicle
If the boars had scattered from Sam's landing, Felicia would have left it at that and returned home. But the girl had been lucky. So with an almost disinterested stare, the harpy looked through the group before locking onto a small one closer to the periphery. This was more a bit of amusement than looking for a meal, so there was no reason to go big.

She crouched forward and readied herself, wings flexed. As she prepared for the moment to being the hunt, she paused for a moment to consider how unhelpful this would probably prove for a pae with different physique.

No matter.

And there it was. Silently, she opened her wings and glided above the herd through the branches and she shadows, then she dived with a harpy's innate speed towards the juvenile. With a fluid motion she flipped forward as she approached and slammed her talons into the pig's flesh, and then flapped her wings strongly to fly upwards and out of reach before the adults could retaliate.

Her return back to Sam was leisurely, though the young pig surely was suffering from the way it squealed.

"Satisfied?"

caffeinecraving
Sam watched. It was beautiful watching a natural hunter hunt. The curve of spine and flex of claws. She wasnt watching for the specific technique... but more to see if there was anything she could pick up. Though the choice of small pig made her raise her brow. Was she un sure of if she could take a large one?

Sam didnt speak... she didnt want to startle the hogs. Sam watched and then gave a genuine smile. "Well done..." Sam glanced to the squealing pig and then looked up to the harpy's face. "Satisfied? I wasnt unsatisfied, but i appreciate you showing me.... it was very enlightening to watch you hunt." She looked around at the now empty clearing. "Thank you... Ill have to try and be a little more stealthy... and a little pit faster... but i dont know if i can be as fast as you... "

Daisicle
Felicia nodded, momentarily contemplating what she was going to do with the piglet before being brought back to the present. She offered an emotionless shrug. "You cannot - your physiology is different, after all. Think of what I showed you as just some food for thought. Something to add to your options." She paused before lifting up her claw to offer the piglet. "Care for this? I have no use for it."

caffeinecraving
Sam laughed softly. "Either way! I appreciate the lesson!" She nodded. "Ill take it..." She knew that the other was going to flee here soon and she tipped her head. "Hey... ill look forward to hunting with you again if i get the chance. Thank you. Im Sam, by the way, if you ever need anything... come find me... i owe you one now." She took the young hog with a small heft

Daisicle
Felicia passed off the piglet and flicked her claws downwards to clean the blood off of them. She'd pop by the creek for a better wash on the way home.

"Felicia... The pleasure is all yours."

She offered a nod before taking off to return home before the sun set.

Daisicle

Aged Genius

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces