[Solo] Waking up Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

yokoonna

Divine Bookworm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:48 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Kai gave a content sigh. It felt like she'd been sleeping for...oh...years! Giving a slight groan, Kai sat up and stretched. Her joints popped and she gave another sigh, though this one in relief.

"I wonder where Arthur and Dark have gotten to." She mused as she rose from her nest. She fluttered her wings, getting used to movement again. Kai gave another yawn and she rubbed the last of the sleep from her eyes before giving a content 'Mmm.'

"So much to do!" She said, looking around her home. A thick layer of dust laid on every surface. "Let's get cleaning!" Kai grinned, not daunted by the task ahead of her. She enjoyed cleaning. And cooking. And reading. But most of all...Swimming!

"If I can get this place cleaned and dusted before noon, I'll treat myself to a swim!" She said. Kai started humming as she gathered her cleaning supplies and attacked the invading dust with vigor.

(This is a thread for me to RP my personal faes, to help build their connections and know their personalities more. If you would like to join in, PM me and let me know. I am not opposed to others joining in!)  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:52 am
User ImageDark's eyelids twitched. It was too early to wake up, wasn't it? He groaned and rolled over, pulling his blanket over his head. His muscles groaned in protest. How long had he been sleeping? Eight years???

But he heard sounds coming from outside his room. (Yes, he still lived with his mama and her mate) His ears started twitching. Now that he was waking up, it was hard to stay asleep.

If his mom was cleaning, he ought to help her.

Dark gave a long yawn and put his paws to his eyes. He was still so sleepy, though. But his need to always help out was growing stronger. He can't let his mama do all the cleaning!

Dark finally opened his eyes and was surprised to see a room that looked deserted. There was even a cobweb in the corner!

"Did I sleep for years???" He asked in disbelief. He rolled out of bed and stretched his muscles. "I've been asleep for too long! It's time to go!" He smiled and opened his door to see his mom furiously scrubbing the floor. "Mama! How long did we sleep?"

yokoonna

Divine Bookworm

yokoonna

Divine Bookworm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:54 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."It seems like years, yes? Well, looking at the state of this house, it was!" Kai said. She was happy to see Dark awake and looking none the worse for wear after their long hibernation. Dark grabbed a rag and started cleaning, like the good kid he was.

"You can go out and get some sunshine, if you'd like, my dear." Kai said kindly, though she wasn't upset with the help. There was so much to do, and if she wanted to get to the lake by her house, she'd need the help. She continued running across the floor with her wet rag, pulling up piles of dirt and dust.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:56 am
User Image"Nonsense! I'll play when you play. Let's fix up this house together, and it'll go twice as fast! I'm sure you want to get to the lake." Dark said, a knowing look in his eye. He grinned when his mom laughed, confirming his suspicions.

Together, the two of the tackled each room in the house until it was practically sparkling. Dark and Kai sat on their cushioned chairs in the living room, exhausted. But they had finished by 2 in the afternoon and were ready to go out and see the sunshine.

"Race ya!" Dark said, popping out of his chair to run to the door.

yokoonna

Divine Bookworm

yokoonna

Divine Bookworm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:00 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."Oh no you don't, bucko!" Kai laughed, flapping her wings to give her some momentum. She reached the door first and flung it open, taking a long breath of fresh air. The air was clear and the sky was cloudless. It was a perfect day!

Kai started down the short path to the lake. Her home was in the middle of a wood, but almost directly next to a lake. She would have built her home closer, but she was worried about flooding during the long rains.

But Kai didn't worry about floods or rain now. She practically flew down the path, her feet barely touching the ground, and dove into the lake. Kai loved the feeling of water on her fur. It made her sleek, and she could swim faster as she curled her wings against her body. She broke through to the surface and gave a happy giggle.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:02 am
User Image"Oh great. They're back." Freezepop muttered sarcastically. She had been sunning on a rock and Kai's splash had woken her. With a disgruntled groan, she slid off the rock into the water. Freezepop herself had just woken from her years long nap at the bottom of the lake and had wanted to feel the sun on her skin. Then of course Kai had to come. The kat hadn't been here for years! At least, that's all Freezepop knew.

"All I want is a bit of peace and quiet. Why did I have to get such a noisy neighbor?" Freezepop complained as she floated back to the surface.

yokoonna

Divine Bookworm

yokoonna

Divine Bookworm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:09 am
User Image"Good afternoon, Freezepop." Dark said from the shore near the siren. He smiled as he watched his mom swim artfully through the water. "Have you also been asleep for a long time? It's the strangest thing." Dark rubbed his chin thoughtfully. It would be interesting if there were others that had taken years long sleeps. He thought of his friends and wondered how they were doing.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:16 am
User Image"Of course the babs doesn't know." Freezepop said, grinning maliciously. "All of us have been sleeping for years. Some less than others. But the magic is back. Something woke us up from our lifelong sleep. We haven't aged, we haven't starved, but we're awake now." Freezepop slid back under water. She'd have to sun another time.  

yokoonna

Divine Bookworm

yokoonna

Divine Bookworm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:21 am
User ImageEveryone had been sleeping for years? What had happened to the magic of Faetasia to make everyone hibernate like that?

"Mom! I'm going to go check on a few of our friends! I'll see you later for dinner!" Dark called. Kai gave him a wave from the middle of the lake, and Dark took off through the forest. 'Freezepop had to be joking, right?' He mused to himself. He'd check on their close friends, Chibiko and Kirara and their massive family. If all of them had been sleeping for years, that would confirm it.

"That is so insane to think about! Every fae hibernating. But the magic is back. I feel as good as ever." Dark muttered. Maybe it wasn't such a terrible thing. The land had to renew its magic. It wasn't so convoluted to think that the land needed rest, too. It was forever changing, forever growing. Maybe it even drew its power from the faes that lived there.

It didn't take long for Dark to arrive at the warren where his closest friends lived. He knocked on their round door at the entrance to the underground caves.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:41 pm
User ImageChibiko heard the knock on the door. He yawned and stretched, standing up from his plush armchair. Why was he so sore and slow? How long was he asleep?

Chibiko shuffled to the halls to his front door and opened it. He was not surprised to see Dark. The pure often came by to help with his brood, but now all his kids were all grown up, he wasn't sure what brought his friend by.

"Dark! Good...morning? Afternoon?" Chibiko looked around at the bright sunlight.

yokoonna

Divine Bookworm

yokoonna

Divine Bookworm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:52 pm
User Image"Chibi! Thank goodness!" Dark said, feeling relieved. "How are you and Ki?" Dark wasn't sure how to break the news. "I only ask because apparently we've all been hibernating for years!"  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:55 pm
User Image "You're kidding!" Chibiko gasped. But the more he thought about it, the more he believed it. "Years? Wow. Wait! Kirara!" Chibiko spun around and sprinted down the hallway, leaving Dark at the door. Thankfully the pure followed after the faefox, worried as well for Chibiko's mate.

Chibiko made his way through the warren's many winding caves, sliding to a stop at his bedroom door. He slid the wooden sliding door open to reveal his room, where Kirara was sitting in her rocker, rubbing her eyes.

"Ki! Thank goodness!" Chibiko sighed.

yokoonna

Divine Bookworm

yokoonna

Divine Bookworm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:02 pm
User Image"Chibi? What's the matter?" Kirara asked sleepily. She gave a wide yawn and stood up. "My! What an amazing nap! I feel so refreshed!" She smiled and the finally saw Dark. "And Dark, too! It's been too long since you've come to visit!" She said, stepping forward to kiss Dark on both cheeks.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:06 pm
User ImageBefore Chibiko could answer and catch his breath, Dark responded with "It has been too long. Freezepop informed me that Faetasia has been hibernating for years to regain its magic. So all of us have been sleeping for years!" Kirara looked shocked as the news. Dark grabbed one of Kirara's paws and one of Chibiko's paws.

"Do not fret, though. It is almost no time has passed at all. We slept so Faetasia could regain strength. Mama and I just finished cleaning the house. I haven't seen Arthur yet, though. I wonder where he was when we all went to sleep."

yokoonna

Divine Bookworm

yokoonna

Divine Bookworm

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:03 pm
User Image"Well, given how well we feel, I think it is nothing to fret about." Kirara beamed at Chibiko and Dark. "Let me get you both a nice hot supper! It's been forever since we've had you, Dark." Kirara turned to her mate. "Dear, can you go round up the kids and let me know how many we have for dinner? I'm going to start the stew. I think some carrots and potatoes." Kirara faded off, thinking about her stew. She walked dreamily away.  
◕ Roleplay: Faetasia

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff