Submit

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:41 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Mene
It was a rare day when Golden Harvest and Grimhildr were working the field at the same time, without either of their menfolk. The two had enjoyed working alongside each other, chatting about this and that, cooing over their children's recent wedding, and wasn't it fancy, and such.

At the end of their shift, Golden Harvest leaned on her long-handled rake and wiped her brow with the back of her hand. "I could sure use a pint after today...care to join me at Mojo's?" she inquired of her friend.

Spending time with Grimhildr was certainly much less awkward when Deforrest wasn't about. Equestria preserve him, he was an odd one.

Dai
What a resoundingly-satisfying day of work. As summer was beginning to transition into autumn, they were moving into the various squash and vegetable harvests that coincided with the shorter days and the cooler nights. It was also time to plant their winter produce, the potatoes and squash and whatnot - hard to believe, but farming was still busy work! Busy... Maybe a bit difficult... But oh-so-satisfying.

Grimhildr rolled her shoulder before flexing an arm, toned from years of hard work in the field, in front of her sizable chest as Vendi-- err... Golden Harvest called out to her. It was still kind of a pain calling her by a new name, but whatever. Just ticked her off when she got it wrong.

"Mojo's?" She reiterated before laughing from the belly and breaking into a deep grin. "Why, I ain't every thought you'd be the one inviting me out for a brew! I thought you weren't much the drinking type."

Mene
Golden Harvest chuckled herself. "It's true, I am more the tea-drinking type, but Faelon's turned me onto a refreshing brew after a hard day's work." She crossed her arms over her chest and made a bit of a well? gesture with her hand. "I'm sure you could still drink me under the table. Are you coming or not?" She picked up her rake, kicked the dirt and weeds off of it with one hoof, then put it over her shoulder for ease of carrying.

"Unless you have plans, that is," she said with gently raised eyebrows.

Dai
Grim crossed her arms just under her chest and smirked - she liked GH better like this. Like, well... less 'woe-is-me' and more 'making the most of life.' She just used to be so irritating to deal with right after the fauny got here.

"Don't you worry, he can wait as long as I want. A little anticipation makes it even better." She confidently nodded once to emphasize her point.

"So yeah, Mojo's? Ain't no way I'd miss that."

Mene
Not that she'd bring it up, but Golden Harvest had made more changes in her life than just to her name. It seemed that grandmother life was suiting her well, and she had learned to be content with her new life here in Telrunya. And while there were still the occasional episodes, overall Golden Harvest was finally...happy.

She snorted at her friend's suggestive response, shaking her head. She didn't understand what Grim saw in Deforrest at all, but then again it wasn't as if she and Faelon had an exactly normal relationship either.

"Great," she responded, heading for the tool shed to put the rake away.

As the two got seated at Mojo's and Golden Harvest took her hair out of the fabric tie that had held it up while she'd worked and shook her hair out. Then she put it back up, using the tie to secure it. She couldn't wait to bathe and have a nice cup of tea with Faelon once she got back to her alcove. But this time with her friend would be fun as well!

Dai
Having gone along with GH up until Mojo's. Grim offered the servers a wave (her way of asking for her usual brew - it was honestly impressive how they were able to keep track of so many regulars) and motioned for two as she settled in nicely into the seat opposite her friend, then leaned back onto the back two chair legs. For what it was worth, her own hair was tied in a tight bun near the top of her head, though it was a touch disheveled after a long day's work.

It didn't take long for their drinks to arrive and for Grim to take them and pass one off to GH. She raised hers up in a toast, and only after wood hit wood and they'd had a sip did she lean forward and smirk. "So what's got your tits in'a fit? You're usually the type to run right on home."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:44 am
Mene
Golden Harvest gave Grim a somewhat pointed look. "I'm not in a fit, thanks very much," she countered, crossing one leg over the other. "It's just we don't often see each other without our other halves." She shrugged a bit. "I just thought it'd be fun to get together. Have a nice chat. Would you rather I'd invited you up for tea?" she inquired, putting on a bit of a scrunched face to show she was joking.

"Anyway, how have you been? How has grandparenthood been treating you?" She couldn't for the life of her remember the names of Grim's grandchildren. Not that she inquired after Grim's other son all that often....by Celestia's golden crown she was glad that her Alba had taken up with Sven and not his brother.

Dai
Grim shrugged nonchalantly, finding it weirder that GH would invite her out just to shoot the s**t rather than for any singular purpose.

"Ain't any different, really. They never really came 'round when they were younger, and now that they've hit their teenaged years, they've gone and just left the Tree. Haven't got word or sight of em in seasons." She took a sip of her drink. "Like father like kids I guess. Don't think I'll be seeing em again til they end up with kids of their own." Nothing for it. She did at least hope they ended up with other faun in the end, even if they never came back. She gestured back at GH. "What about you? You've got... Sheesh, those four right? How're they getting on these days?"

Mene
Well, Golden Harvest did have a singular purpose, she just wasn't ready to reveal that yet.

"Hm, that's too bad," she said, nodding along. "I suppose teenagers will do that, though..." Her children hadn't really gone through a rebellious phase. She'd thought that whatever Rho was doing with his two...partners? could've been considered a rebellious phase, but by this point she didn't think it was a phase anymore. "Hopefully they stay safe and make good choices, I guess," she concluded, sipping her brew. Beer still wasn't exactly to her taste, but it was refreshing.

Her grandchildren? Golden Harvest could go on about her precious babies for days, but she wasn't sure Grim'd have the patience for that. "Growing like weeds," she quipped with a grin and a nod. "The boys are rambunctious, the girls are sweet. Soon it'll be time to start teaching them. I imagine they'll learn farming and cooking at a minimum, but I hope they'll let Faelon teach them a thing or two--he has such a varied skillset, after all."

Dai
Grim nodded and quipped in. "Honestly surprised Yipes hasn't up and left again yet. Figured he was only sticking around to give his two a proper faun upbringing." Shrug - who knew with that boy. He was just as strange as his dad.

Oh yeah, GH did love talking about those grandkids of hers - honest to goodness, it seemed she managed to brighten up even more for them than she had with her own kids. "They came up in a good time - the nursery's fuller than I've seen in ages! Ton of playmates. Just hope they don't get picked on when they get a lil older..." She let the reason for that hang - no need to point out the obviousness of the parents' downright strange living arrangements.

Mene
Golden Harvest nodded and took another sip of her brew, eyes widening slightly and eyebrows going up meaningfully. She knew what Grim meant. "I hope the same," she agreed, then swiftly changed the subject.

"Speaking of grandchildren....you haven't heard anything about Sven and Alba, have you.....?" she let the question hang in the air.

Dai
Grim raised a brow and took a heavy drink of her brew before furrowing them and shaking her head. "Not a damn thing. Why?" She perked up a bit. "You heard anything?"

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:46 am
Mene
Golden Harvest slouched disappointedly in her seat. It'd been a long shot, but she'd been hoping Sven might've let something slip to his parents. "Not a damn thing," she agreed, shaking her head. "I know Alba wants kids, and I assume they wouldn't have gotten married if he didn't also, but whenever I ask them about it I just get cagey-a** answers," she grumped. She put on a higher voice, imitating her daughter. "'Oh, you'll know!' or 'Mm, no news yet!'" Golden Harvest rolled her eyes gently. "Would it be so hard to just be like, 'we're waiting a while before having kids' or whatever?" She sighed.

Dai
"At least she's talking with you - I swear, m'boy's so hot and cold sometimes. At least my husband and elder son are predicable in their randomness... But Sven is just temperamental. I swear." She huffed and polished off her stein before raising it and gesturing for another. "Bet you he's the one holding up the whole thing... That or they don't want to 'share the spotlight'," yes, she did raise her hands to give literal air quotes, "with the other kids in the family."

Mene
Golden Harvest hadn't considered this, but it definitely tracked. "Ooh, I bet you're right," she said, pointing agreeably at Grim before taking another drink. "Alba does like to be the center of attention. I wonder if they're delaying so long to give him time to get used to the idea, and to give her time to prepare to make a big spectacle out of it." She tapped her temple. "I bet you it's both."

Narrator: It was, indeed, both.

Dai
Grim seemed to muse on the topic as a fresh mug was brought out to her, and she leaned back with a smirk. "Well, if they keep dilly-dallying like this, maybe I'll just go beat em to it and have some more of my own. It's been long enough, why not? I'm sure my man would jump at the thought." She took a drink as she mused over this.

Mene
Golden Harvest snorted a laugh. "That'd teach them," she said, shaking her head and assuming Grim was joking. Newborns at their age? Surely not!

Dai
"Now ain't that right?" She laughed in turn, though there may have been a bit of mischief in her look as she took another drink. Just maybe... Y'know... She would have more someday... That could be interesting.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:47 am
Mene
Golden Harvest arched an eyebrow. Surely Grim couldn't be serious. But that mischievous look.... "Grim...?" she started, setting down her drink. "D'you have something you'd like to share?" she asked.

Dai
She simply shrugged and feigned ignorance, neither admitting or denying any shenanigans brewing in her mind.

"You got anything you'd like to share? Mmm...?"

Mene
"No...?" said Golden Harvest with a bit of an odd look. By the moon, Grim was weird sometimes. She shook her head gently and finished her drink.

Dai
Nothing for it - GH could be so hard to read sometimes. It didn't take long for her to polish off her second glass, and with a sigh, she motioned back to the door with her hand. "Well, figure it's time fer us to head home."

Mene
"You're probably right," agreed Golden Harvest. "I'm sure Faelon's wondering where I've gone at this point." There was also the possibility that even he wasn't home yet, but it sounded nice. She tossed some coins on the table and stood up, accompanying Grim toward the door. "This was fun," she said cheerfully. Grim was very different from her, but she did enjoy spending time with her friend. "Perhaps we'll have more to chat about once Sven and Alba finally get around to giving us grandchildren," she joked. "See you tomorrow?"

Dai
"Now ain't that the dream?" Grim laughed and clapped GH on the back, not too hard though, before offering a wave. "Yeah, see ya in the morning."

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items