Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Spy X Family Anime Series

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:30 pm
Hi Everyone,

For a while now I have seen a lot of people Cosplay the characters of the Anime series Spy X Family. I finally started to watch this popular series. So have anyone seen it and what do you think? So far for me it's been an awesome series with a different take on the usual Anime series. Check it out if you haven't yet and let us know what you think. Also if you have cosplayed any of the main characters let us know that as well. Feel free to post photos.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:32 am
Spy X Family is super cute.

I haven't cosplayed from anyone from the show yet, but I have thought about doing Yur. Though Ya Ya Han's example of Yur is so pretty.  

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:45 pm
angelmage99
Spy X Family is super cute.

I haven't cosplayed from anyone from the show yet, but I have thought about doing Yur. Though Ya Ya Han's example of Yur is so pretty.

Ya Ya Han is always top notch with her Cosplays. Perhaps you could add patterns for the characters. Not going to Youmacon yet. Still concerned about Covid. This year people from around the world will be there, especially from Canada. If I did go Yur Cosplayers would be on my list to take photos of. Group photos of all three main characters would be awesome. Off hand I can't think of other Spy genre Anime series other than this one.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:09 pm
smithers456

Ya Ya Han is always top notch with her Cosplays. Perhaps you could add patterns for the characters. Not going to Youmacon yet. Still concerned about Covid. This year people from around the world will be there, especially from Canada. If I did go Yur Cosplayers would be on my list to take photos of. Group photos of all three main characters would be awesome. Off hand I can't think of other Spy genre Anime series other than this one.

SpyxFamily is a hot cosplay this year. I've seen a lot of SpyxFamily tutorials (already have a list in our tutorial list). Most cosplay tutorials are of Anya and Yor, haven't seen Liod tutorials though.

There are spys in anime, but not really any other shows that focus on the subjects. I do get some 'if you like this, then you probably like that' vibes from the anime too. The ones that come to mind are Baccano! and Bungo Stray Dogs.  

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:06 pm
Spy X Family is one of those Anime shows that can grow on you. I heard a lot about it from friends, Crunchyroll, and people cosplaying the characters. I don't usually watch spy related Anime but I do watch Spy related movies like James Bond movies so I gave it a try. Loving it so far. I can't wait to see what happens next, Their is an old TV show called "Get Smart". It's a series about two spy organizations going after each other. Just like Spy X Family their is a lot of comedy and Role Playing in it.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:27 am
smithers456
Spy X Family is one of those Anime shows that can grow on you. I heard a lot about it from friends, Crunchyroll, and people cosplaying the characters. I don't usually watch spy related Anime but I do watch Spy related movies like James Bond movies so I gave it a try. Loving it so far. I can't wait to see what happens next, Their is an old TV show called "Get Smart". It's a series about two spy organizations going after each other. Just like Spy X Family their is a lot of comedy and Role Playing in it.

Didn't "Get Smart" get remake into a movie? If so, that's one of my husband's favorite movies. I may have seen clips of that.  

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:32 am
angelmage99
smithers456

Didn't "Get Smart" get remake into a movie? If so, that's one of my husband's favorite movies. I may have seen clips of that.

Yes Get Smart was made into a movie. The TV series I really like because of all of the humor, the puns, and the actors being so goofy. If you haven't seen the TV series look it up. Perhaps you can stream it.  
Convention Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games