Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yayoi
Vice Captain

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:09 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Templehad been rather quiet lately. Sure the occasional Holykat or Holykat hopeful would wander through but for the most part it was peaceful.

And Cernunnos liked it that way.

When he was not by his lovely Goddess’ side he was in the smithy and armory. Working on projects or weapons and armor that would aid the Holykats in their battle against the darkness. It was always a battle. Because there was always darkness. So his skills were always in need. The weapons and armor her crafted were top tier. He had yet to have a sword break, to have a shield shatter.

They were perfect.

The day was drawing to an end and soon he would return to Dawn’s side. He stepped outside the building that housed the armory and smithy. Pale eyes turned to the sun that had nearly set. He turned to the door, pressing his hand against the lock until it clicked.

As he turned a chilled wind swept past him. Causing his red cape to flutter about him and his light brown hair to rufflez Cernunnos paused a grim expression on his face as the large Angelique stood there . Silent and statuesque.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:08 pm
This was a stupid plan, and the Vampire God knew that it was. Unfortunately, it didn't feel like he had much of a choice. This was a place that he would never have willingly come to, not under any circumstances. The fact that he felt as though he were being forced to now made his blood boil. On Holy ground, he knew that he was going to be weaker than if he'd been on his own turf. Normally, the opportunity to potentially trade blows with a Holykat, God, Angelique or otherwise would have been exciting to him.

In this case? It felt like a death sentence.

When he left Ravnos's wagon, he didn't go to the Holykat Temple straight away. He needed time to prepare himself, mentally, so he had first gone home to his. There, he had paced, mulling over what he needed to do, all while fighting the urge to use his power to check on a certain Disciple whose arms he could practically still feel wrapped around him.

It seemed his feelings for the vampire had not vanished the moment he had left him. That was something he was going to need to examine closer, later. For now, he used years of experience to shove those emotions somewhere deep inside where they wouldn't be able to get in the way of what he needed to do.

Eventually, when he felt ready, he departed.

He had taken to the air, travelling along the dark shadows of sunset as something not seen but felt. A shiver along the spine. A sharp, cold breeze that sends goosebumps prickling along the skin. The closer he got to his destination, the more uneasy he felt, and he arrived just as the last glinting rays of sunshine melted below the horizon.

Grendel stood from a crouched spot on the ground and turned to face the Angelique Cernunnos, his eyes glowing a soft red that soon dimmed away. He held his hands out to show them empty of any weapons.

"I'm just here to talk." He said, voice gruff, watching the other carefully.  

Seussi
Crew

Ice-Cold Hunter

Yayoi
Vice Captain

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:42 pm
Cernunnos had sensed Grendel the instant he had entered his beloved’s temple ground. His jaw had set square as his pale eyes had a fire in them that burned like the hot, white flame of a torch. But he did not move from his spot. Instead waiting for whatever foulness had entered to come to him.

When Grendel appeared he drew a large sword out of thin air. It’s blade pulsing with holy power. The speed he exerted with the draw would have given a normal Fae whip lash. Eyes narrowed as his nos scrunched up as if a foul odor was in the air, he kept the poin directly at Grendel’s throat.

If he was surprised by the Vampire God’s words it didn’t show. His cape flowing behind him was the only noise for several long minutes.

“Speak.” It was only one words but it was deep and commanding. Cernunnos cared not that he was a God. The only deity he respected and listened to was Dawn. All others were lesser.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:07 pm
Grendel would have been absolutely shocked if this had gone any other way. The moment the Angelique went for his sword, the God's fingers twitched, on impulse ready to summon his own weapon to hand in order to defend himself. On instinct, he stopped himself from doing so. To his credit, he also did not flinch as that sword flashed toward him. He knew it might hurt to be struck down, but it wasn't likely to kill him, so he took the risk.

Luckily the sword fell just short, though it was still a little close for comfort. In fact, nothing about this was comfortable. Though it was slowly growing ever darker outside, being on these grounds made him feel terrible. It set his teeth on edge and made his skin crawl, and there was a faint pounding in his ears that felt like the beginnings of something much worse.

He really didn't think he could stand to stay here very long.

And yet, it was almost as if Cernunnos knew he suffered. He certainly was taking his sweet time in doing anything, at least. Grendel stood there with that sword pointed at his throat for what felt like hours instead of minutes, but still, he managed to wait, even when all he wanted to do was leave, or snarl something at the stoic guard, anything to get him to act.

He held his tongue, and finally, he was allowed to speak.

"I need a favour. And before you say no..." He held up a finger. "Consider this: without my domain, your Holykats would have far fewer monsters in the night to hunt, and your purpose? It would lose all meaning. We all have our parts to play, Cernunnos, and Chaos guides us all."

He said this all in a rush, trying, hopefully not in vain, to mask the pain that was now stabbing sharply in his head  

Seussi
Crew

Ice-Cold Hunter

Yayoi
Vice Captain

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:20 pm
Was that a threat to his love and her domain?

His stance did not change. “The demons have far many more in their ranks than your blood thirsty ilk. I say good, let the Vampires disappear if my lady would so will it.” His brows furrowed. “And she would.” The last words were ominous. Especially coming from one so large. He took his role very seriously. Cernunnos stepped forward, pushing the blade ever closer to Grendel. He had spoken, Cernunnos had listened. Now he was done.

“You have spoken now leave these sacred grounds nightspawn.” The tip of the sword began to glow. Even if the God had no weapon that the Angelique could see he wasn’t dumb. He knew Gods could instantly summon them just as he could. The longer Grendel was there the more offensive his presence became.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:34 pm
Well s**t. That hadn't worked. Weren't Angelique's supposed to be a God's better half? The ones who could actually be reasoned with? He was reminded, once again, that all Holykats, no matter their rank, were self-righteous, pompous, arrogant, dicks, and he had half a mind to say so, as Cernunnos stepped forward, forcing Grendel to take at least half a step back.

Demons. He shook his head, which served to clear it of some pain and show his refusal. "You know that isn't true, and even if it were, there are far worse things coming, Cernunnos. When that day arrives, and you find your forces overwhelmed, you might even wish we were still around." He blurted out, and it hurt him to do it, not just because he was in actual, physical pain now, but because he was essentially bartering with those he hated the most.

"I can offer you aid, against a common enemy. I just need one small thing," He grit his teeth for this last part. "Please?"  

Seussi
Crew

Ice-Cold Hunter

Yayoi
Vice Captain

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:47 pm
The crease in his brow deepened as he stared the dark God down. A heavy frown on his lips as silver eyes bored into him.

It was a rather long time before the Angelique even moved. When he did the sword vanished and a glowing ball of light began to orbit around Grendel. Any pain or feeling of sickness would begin to fade. “I have created you a Nuetral space for the by one being. I would not recommend leaving it.” If Grendel moved he would notice that the light would move with him.

“As if my beloved’s armies would fall to any threat. She is the light of hope, the Goddess of spirit. Her light shines to drive out all the darkness.” His fists clenched. Ready to fight this God in his lady’s name.

The please caught him off guard. Never had an agent of evil ever said please outside of pleading for their life. So when Grendel said please that cause Cernunnos to sit up slightly and take notice. But he was extremely skeptical. Letting out a slow sigh he rubbed at the bridge of his nose. “What is it you want?”  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:11 pm
Maybe if he had been a stronger God, he wouldn't have deteriorated so quickly. It made him wonder if the same would have happened to his father. It rankled him, to know that within a few minutes more, he may have been rendered completely incapacitated. As soon as he found himself within the glowing light, the suffering began to fade, and he was able to straighten, not even realizing how much he'd been fighting to stay on his feet until that moment.

The Angelique was nattering on about his deity, and Grendel could not help but completely tune it out as he glanced around the bubble he was "trapped" in. Finally looking back at Cernunnos, he realized just how large and imposing he was, a detail that had somehow managed to escape his notice when he first arrived. Still not really listening, he frowned at those clenched, ham-sized fists, before giving his head a small shake and focusing on the task at hand.

Ah, they'd reached the point, finally! "As I said, just a small thing." He tried to sound offhand, "The Spear of Destiny? I just need to borrow it, for a short time, and would return it quickly after."  

Seussi
Crew

Ice-Cold Hunter

Yayoi
Vice Captain

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:27 pm
“No.” His response was quick and clipped.

“The Spear of Destiny is no weapon the likes of you could wield. It is a weapon that changes destinies if the name wasn’t clear enough.” It was one of the most powerful holy weapons in existence today. And this….this Vampire just wanted to “borrows” it real quick then give it right back.

Handing it over to Grendel was just out of the question. Who knew what kind of disasters he would bring about with the spear.

But he had to wonder, how did Grendel even know about the spear? A small voice in the back of his mind nagged at him. And what did he want it for? What was all this about a common enemy. He didn’t like where all this talk was going. While he had confidence abound on his and the army’s ability to keep Dawn and her realm safe. He had to wonder.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:51 pm
It was like talking to a wall. A big, stupid, brutish wall.

Grendel smiled and held up his hands. As though he could read the other's thoughts (or perhaps just recognized that discriminatory look in the Angelique's eyes), he said. "I am a God, I'm pretty sure I can yield any weapon." Well, to a point, but he'd worry about that if and when the time came.

He could tell he was possibly wearing Cernunnos down, and he kept it up. "Yes, and I have a destiny to fulfill. A quick one." Hopefully, "You won't even know it's gone."  

Seussi
Crew

Ice-Cold Hunter

Yayoi
Vice Captain

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:21 am
Cernunnos stopped and tilted his head veeeeeeeeeery slowly. “Except I would because, if it were to be given to you, I would be the only one who could bestow it upon you. If I were so inclined to do so. And I’m not.” This God just didn’t get the hint. “Besides, Chaos’s daughters have forbade its use by anyone. Whether or not they are capable of being able to hold it with their own hands.”

But if Grendel wanted to push Cernunnos knew how to push back. “Come, Lord of the Night. I will show you the spear and what it is capable of.” He turned on his heels, his cape whirling around to flutter behind him as he reach the door. Placing his hand over the golden plate that was the lock. It flowed softly before the sound of a click could be heard.

Slowly the large doors began to swing open into a large room with high vaulted ceilings. A large forge set in the middle of the room and thick black soot lingered on the floor and walls. The ceiling was open to allow air flow into the room. This way keeping it relatively cool while Cernunnos or the holy smiths worked.

The Angelique brushed through this room at a brisk pace. Making his way to tue back of the room were another pair of tall doors were. “Here.” He pushed open the doors and within the next room there were weapons and armor of any imagining. Some hanged from tue walls while others rested in displays. Some glass displays had script scrolled across their surface. The scroll wasn’t there to keep people out of the cases, it was used to keep the weapon in.

The room was long and it almost seemed like an eternity had passed by the time they reached the back of the room. Having passed by rows and rows in the armory. Here Cernunnos approached what was probably one of the most elegant and sealed displays. One could not even see what was held inside for it was all solid platinum. No glass. The script had been painstakingly scrolled in the platinum itself.

“The Spear of Destiny.” Eyes lidded as he traced a section of the script with his finger. It flowed under his touch and soon a door popped open revealing the spear within. The blade was of tue darkest black but it’s sharp edges flowed a holy white. It’s shaft seemed like glass but it was stronger than such. The opacity gave view to opal colored liquid that swirled as if the weapon were taking a breath of fresh air for the first time. It throbbed and pulsed. It called to Grendel. An enticing song full of promises. Whatever the dark God wanted the spear could give it to him. All he had to do was rescue it from this prison.  
Seussi rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:55 am
The God continued to smile, pleasantly, passively, even when he was being denied what he'd come here to get. The more he heard about this spear, the more his curiosity was piqued. It sounded like it was much more powerful and important than he'd even realized. But if nobody was ever meant to wield it, then why did it even exist?

He was just going to switch tactics when Cernunnos offered to show him the spear. Lord of the Night. He rather liked that. It even sounded somewhat respectful, which was odd, coming from the lips of the overwhelmingly frustrating Angelique that was so determined to bar his path forward. Grendel nodded, still smiling, "I would like that, thank you."

See? He could be pleasantly polite too. Except that as soon as Cernunnos turned his back, the smile dropped, and the God shuddered, feeling dirty all of a sudden. When this was all over, he might need to tear a few hearts out of some mortals to make up for it.

Following behind, and watching as the encircling light moved with him, Grendel took in the room beyond the first set of doors. He paused at the threshold, and then stepped over, eyes sweeping around the room. Even through the protective shield, he could feel something unpleasant bearing down on him.

He followed to the next set of doors, and when they opened, and he followed, he found that weight bearing down heavier still. It was like he had to fight with every step, and he wondered how much worse it would be had he not the protection of Cernunnos. He realized at that moment that he might be in a bit of a predicament, or that this very well could be a trap. But why trap him? The Angelique could have cut him down, or at least tried to, several times now. No, for some reason, he was being amiable. Well, to some capacity at least.

It felt like ages had passed by the time they reached their destination. Grendel had, of course, curiously studied a few of the weapons that they passed, though he found some of them difficult to even look upon. They stopped, and he waited, struck by how this particular weapon was being held.

Oh, it was a powerful one indeed. His eyes took in the form of the spear as soon as the door slid open to reveal it. Instantly, he knew that he needed to have it. Not even for what he'd initially intended. No, he would keep it for himself, and reshape the entire world in his image with it. A world where the children of his domain ruled over everything, where they would no longer have anything to fear. Where sunlight would wither and die and endless darkness would rise. His eyes began to burn bright, a glow that began at the edges but quickly spread throughout. If Cernunnos was speaking, Grendel couldn't hear it. All he could hear was the spear.

Still, he had just enough self-control to stop himself from reaching for it then and there. Barely enough. Somewhere in the back of his head, he knew that it would be a bad idea to do so.

He spoke then, slowly and quietly, eyes still locked on the object. "What would it do to me if I held it?"

yayoi

Seussi
Crew

Ice-Cold Hunter

Yayoi
Vice Captain

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:29 am
Cernunnos could tell instantly that the spear called to Grendel. It whispered sweet words of promise. For one of the darkness it was a strong temptation to resist.

A scowl crossed his hard features before he slammed the door to the case shut. Effectively breaking the connection the spear was trying to create.

“It would render your flesh and break your body down molecule by molecule. Inch by inch until you kit longer existed.” Well, that wasn’t exactly true. What Cernunnos didn’t tell him was that the spear had a will of it’s own so while Grendel’s body might survive for a moment it would completely burn out personality and move

The spear was one of domination. And while it was holy it’s means to an end where never quite pure in intention. It was why it was kept locked away like this. Cernunnos would never admit it but he feared the spear. It was too powerful. Anything that could change destinies was never something to trifle with

Bit of course, the spear knew it had purpose. And just maybe it’s purposed had arrived. It called to Grendel more, exerting more and more dominating power in a desperate effort to escape.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:47 am
The door snapped closed and Grendel blinked, but his eyes still burned. The connection between the spear may have been cut off, but he could still hear its promises, echoing through his mind.

The God frowned. His desire to possess the spear would not be so easily deterred. Everything he had done had led him here. This was not where it was going to end.

"So why does it exist then? Who created it? Surely you don't intend to keep it in this box forever. Someone is meant to wield it." And why couldn't that someone be him? He stood his ground, stubborn.

He could still hear it calling to him. He realized that it wasn't just an echo.

It had never stopped.

"If you're so sure that it would do that to me, then why wouldn't you just let me take it? Sounds like it would kill me before I could even get out the door."  

Seussi
Crew

Ice-Cold Hunter

Yayoi
Vice Captain

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:13 am
The frown on Cernunnos’ face never faltered. His hand remained on the door as if holding back a tide/ “Because Chaos wills it so.” The Angelique could not give a straight answer as to why it existed or what purpose it had. All he knew was that it came to him to be locked away. Guarded. Never used or it could mean the end of everything.

Destiny was it to be trifled with.

“I cannot tell you who created it. Because I do not know. But I have my suspicions.” With the emergence of Chaos’ daughters many strange things had been put into motion. Object appeared. The spear being one of them. “I have every intention of doing so.” Cernunnos’ face twisted, almost as if he were in pain.

Something was wrong.

“Because….” He throat felt tight. “Because that would…..be too easy.” Rolling his neck he straightened, pale eye closing as he fought to regaine control. The spear not only affected Grendel but the Angelique as well.

He clenched a fist, holding on to the fabric of his reality. It would be so easy. Just give the spear to Grendel and he could be done. The worry could be over. This weapon was powerful and in a way Cernunnos feared it. Because any change in one person’s Destiny meant changes in the destinies or many others. It was something his beloved called the butterfly effect. A lovely name for something to ominous

With a wave of this spear one could wipe out entire civilizations.

“Why do you want it so bad?”  
◕ Roleplay: Deity Temples

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces