Welcome to Gaia! ::

Faekat Adoption Agency

Back to Guilds

Faekat Guild 

Tags: Faekat, breedables 

Reply ◕ Roleplay: Faetasia
[PRP] Soft and Grumpy Rainy Days (China Blue x Arcturus)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yayoi
Vice Captain

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:33 pm
User Image

The day had gone from bright and sunny to rainy with a bit of thunder. The FaeRabbit had been enjoying the sun when the storms rolled in and she was far from home. She had quickly packed up all her things, including her beloved book that she had brought with her in the hopes of getting a little reading inS and maybe a nap in the sun.

So much for those plans.

China Blue huffed as she trudged up a hill. The rain falling harder stung her soft fur. Finally she found a place to take a break. A small little rain shelter that someone had built beneath a tree. It looked a bit rickety but she didn’t quite care at the moment. She just wanted to get out of the rain.

Scurrying along she finally made it to the shelter. Stepping inside she let out a small, soft sigh. A flash of lightening and crack of Thunder causing her to yelp and jump. Her spine going stiff.

She wrapped her arms about herself and shivered. Black eyes giving the inside of the shelter a quick look over. There was a pair of chairs, a small couch and a coffee table. The furnishings were scarce but that was fine by her.

Taking her hair out of its bun she wrung it out before making her way to the couch and flipping down. Settling her bag onto the table. China curled up into a small ball and shivered. She could have really used a blanket right about now.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:43 pm
User Image

Rain.

It always had to be rain.

Arcturus had been born with a chip on his shoulder, and today was no exception. He had packed up some of his maps and charts, a lantern, some candles, a blanket, a few important books, as well as some ink,and a favored quill, and headed out for the day. The weather had looked inviting, and he hoped to set up a small camp in some field. Not only would he be able to enjoy some fresh air while he worked, but he could treat himself to some star watching once the sun set. He was so often cooped up working on his charts and maps, or lost in a library, researching, that he rarely got out to observe.

Today had been supposed to be a treat but instead... rain.

Not only was he wet and cold down to the bone, but some of his maps and books were likely ruined. RUINED by a rogue storm. He'd thrown everything into his satchel as quick as he could, but the weather was oppressive and the rain was more than a sprinkle. So it was, Arcturus scurried to find some sort of shelter.

Sure enough, he saw a place he could duck into -- at least until the worst of the weather passed. As he approached, he noticed he wasn't the only one there. Drat it all... Arcturus wasn't known to be particular social, but he wasn't about to badger someone out of a place to dry. Irritable as he was, he would simply have to make the best of it, and pray the storm passed quickly.

Hurrying into the shelter, he made sure to give the FaeRabbit space. He gave a small nod in greeting, and a grunt of acknowlegment, but mostly took to wringing out his hair. His satchel was already wet -- and he feared what state everything in it might be.

Worse, in his haste, he'd forgotten the blanket he'd been sitting on that was now, no doubt, stricken with mud and water.

Just. Perfect.

Yayoi
A soggy grump.

Uta
Crew

Shy Mage

Yayoi
Vice Captain

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:12 pm
China had just about shivered herself into a nap when the sound of we, soggy footsteps reached her ears. She sat straight up when Arcturus came through the doorway. The FaeFabbit had not expecting anyone else to come here but now that she thought about it that was a silly thought.

Of course others would take shelter from the rain.

She examined her new rainy day companion. Admiring the colors of his fur and how it looked like the stars. He looked tall and strong. A light blush spreading across her pale cheeks as dark eyes darted away. She ran her fingers through long, wet hair.

“I….I this your place?”Her voice was soft. “I can leave. I was just trying to get out of the rain. You see I was reading my favorite book and didn’t realize it was going to rain or I would have brought my unbrella.” She slid off the couch and went to retrieve her bag off of the table.

It sure would have been a shame to have to leave such a handsome looking Fae. China blushed again. Her ears standing straight up at the enerassing thought.

Uta
Lol

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:40 pm
So concerned about the wet and cold and his otherwise miserable afternoon, Arcturus almost didn't pay his companion any heed. He was too busy wringing out his hair and imagining just how wretched the rest of the day would be! Surely, if the storm didn't pass, he'd lose out on studying the nightly stars due to cloud cover... His blanket was lost, his papers were probably drenched, and--

"Is this your place?"

The question as well as the soft voice had him looking up, scowl firmly on his face. It wasn't meant for the stranger, she had done no wrong, but frowning was his usual default expression. That his afternoon had gone sour only made it all the more severe. "Er, no," he finally started, clearing his throat and glancing around the room. It was a strange place, and not one he'd ever seen before. "I'm not sure who claims this place--but it's better to be here than out there," he explained.

Hopefully, whoever, if anyone, did claim the little shelter they wouldn't mind it was being used.

Removing his glasses, so he might try to clear them, he squinted to better observe the FaeRabbit. She seemed a small, slight thing -- and as drenched to the bone as he. Dratted all... the blanket would have been doubly helpful. "No, I insist -- you needn't trouble yourself by leaving," he spoke, blinking owlishly as she seemed to want to scurry away.

Slipping his glasses back upon the bridge of his nose, Arcturus' tail gave a little twitch. "If you desire my absence, I'm willing to face the rain once more, Miss," he explained. While he wasn't keen to get wet once more, he would much rather be a gentleman than not -- and he didn't wish to cause the little Fae more discomfort than he likely already had.

He was already soaked.... he could retreat if she so wished. "I dare say the storm caught all of us off guard... but I hope you and your books are able to dry out quickly." It pained him to think they might be damaged by the rain.

Yayoi
Sorry for the delay! I missed the quote and then have been a zombie all week, orz. P.S. Did they just break into someone's home?
LOL We'll hope not.

Uta
Crew

Shy Mage

Yayoi
Vice Captain

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:47 pm
“Oh good. Then neither of us should worry about leaving.” She brightened up a little bit. Taking her hair down once more to run her fingers through it to keep it from getting knitted.

The FaeRabbit stopped messing with her hair and waved her hands at him. “Oh oh no it’s ok you can stay here too. I would feel so horrible if you went back out in that.” Glancing at the doorway she shivered. The rain was so relentless and cold and and…..just mean.

Leaning forward she grabbed one of her books out of her bag. It was soaking wet and would require a good drying. But even then there was no guarantee that the ink hadn’t run off the pages. “I fear my books will need replacing unfortunately.” China let out a sigh and placed the hook back in her back.

She blinked. “Oh how rude of me.” The rabbit looked bashful for a few moments. “I have not introduced myself. I am China Blue. China to my friends. And you are?” Her eyes sparkled with light as she waited for his name. She had never met someone of his kind and he seemed utterly fascinating to her.

“Uta”
xD Maybe lol.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:59 pm
Arcturus almost physically winced when the stranger pulled out one of her books. It was clear they were well soaked through, and her acknowledgment that they might need replacement pained him. "If only there were a place to hang them to dry," he grumbled, not at her, but at the lousy weather that had ruined both of their afternoons, as well as their things. He was afraid his own scrolls were ruined, and would need to be replaced or re-worked.

"Dreadful weather, this," he agreed, even as another rumble of thunder tore through the land.

The fact the little FaeRabbit was a reader did earn her a few points of favor as far as Arcuturs was concerned. He found himself curious as to the contents of the book, and whether or not the stranger--China Blue, as she introduced herself--was a great reader. Booksmarts and intelligence were rare to find, as far as the Badgkin was concerned.

"We'll hope they can be salvaged. I regret I have no fire to light us, or anything to help dry us or our things," he sighed, feeling utterly useless. Next time he'd be more prepared. "I'm Arcturus, and it's good to meet you, Ms. Blue," he greeted formally. They were mere acquaintances after all -- he wouldn't dream of simply calling her China or China Blue so soon after being introduced. He was an old-fashioned creatures, after all-- and thoroughly stuffy to boot.

"Might I be so bold as to inquire what you were reading?" The two were likely stuck there until the worst of the storm passed, and though he wasn't often the sort of creature to chit-chat, he wasn't keen about leaving ladies to sit in awkward silence, either.

Yayoi
He's a bit old-fashioned, I've discovered. :V

Uta
Crew

Shy Mage

Yayoi
Vice Captain

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:36 am
She was only mildly disappointed. More so in herself really. She should have brought a blanket but if her book was any example of what the blanket would have gone through weeeellllll…

At his question she picked up the soggy book again turning it over in her small hands. He seemed lie a fellow book lover to her. “Ptolemy's Almagest. I love Astronomy and while it’s more of a text book I learn something new every time I read it.” She frowned. “It’s become a hard to find book over time. Before there were many copies as it was super popular and influenced our knowledge of ancient astronomy but now most people could care less about the stars.”

China sighed, placing the book back in her back. Turning to him she smiled. “What do you like to read?”

Uta
Hehe glad you could discover that XD

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:40 am
Though Arcturus was soggy and cold, and utterly ashamed in himself for leaving behind his blanket in all his hurry to get out of the rain, the company was at least inoffensive. There were quite a few worse Fae he could have found himself holed up in a shelter with, and hopefully, with a little time, they'd dry off. Still, his eyes drifted about the shelter, hoping he might spot something they could use as a makeshift blanket or something to get warmer or dryer.

Perhaps a towel of some sort, or some other fabric?

He did arch a brow at the stranger's admission, completely shocked by her choice of book. He had thought perhaps her tastes might tend toward fiction or something perhaps more light-hearted. However, the fact it had to do with astronomy intrigued him all the more. He loved the stars, and astronomy himself -- how could one not? Space intrigued him, and was a passion of his.

"Not the lightest read," he mused, tilting his head to the side. "However, I love that you love it. While I'm no astronomist myself, I am a sky watcher, and make maps of Faetasia's star and night sky on the regular. In fact, I was out here today in hopes I might chart this locations stars.... but..." He gestured to the rain, and grimaced.

As for the lady's question, he gave a small shake of his head. "I read just about anything, honestly. Scrolls and historic texts, particularly in regards to Faetasian astronomy and astrology interest me most," he confessed. Magic and science mixed well in the land, and it was good for any Fae to know both. The stars and moon and suns and planets all had their pull on Faetasia -- both scientifically and magically.

Knowledge was power, after all, and Arcturus wished to be powerful, indeed.

Yayoi

Uta
Crew

Shy Mage

Yayoi
Vice Captain

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:31 pm
Oh. Perhaps she found herself quit lucky. Someone who had just about the same interest as her. China loved anything about the stars. Scientific. Mythological. She wanted to absorb all the information she could. She had just about read the entire Astronomy section at the big Faetasia library.

But she knew there were loads more out there she could be reading. “No, definitely not. But I’ve gotten close to reading all that is publicly available. Soon I will have to start trying to track down the rarer books. I would love to know more about how those came before us used them to navigate or explain how they used them in their mythos to explain things in the world. I know it’s silly to romanticize stars.” She glanced away shyly for only a moment. A light pink coloring her cheeks before she regained her composure.

Sliding off the couch she knelt next to the table. Propping her elbows on it and placing her chin in her hands. He was handsomeand had similar interests to hers. Could this be her lucky day? “I would love to see your maps sometime.” China’s dark eyes seemed to sparkle as she looked at him.

But something out of the corner of her eye caught her gaze and she turned towards the couch. A small piece of fabric sticking out from beneath the couch. Ever the curious, she tugged on it and more fabric came with the tug. The FaeRabbit lifted the cushion to find a little storage space. Of course. Why hadn’t she thought about looking under the cushions. “Oh look! A blanket annddddd…” she peered into the space. “Just a blanket. Well it’s better than nothing.”

Uta

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:56 pm
Arcturus was surprised but pleased that the fates had led him into such an encounter. He wasn't known for his social niceties, but he tried not to be overly rude -- most individuals jus seemed flighty, vapid, self-absorbed, and shallow... or so his judgmental opinion quickly decreed.

This stranger, this China Blue, instead had an interest in books, in knowledge, and in knowing more about the stars. A scholar, of a sort, and right up Arcuturs' alley. While he was still aggrieved that his plans were no longer in play due to the weather, he was quickly discovering he did not wholly object to the stranger.

He pushed up his glasses as she spoke, considering her words. "I don't think it's silly," it objected. "The stars are our nightly companions, a window to the past in all their glimmering glory. They tell stories, even as the help us navigate this world -- physically and spiritually." Did not sailors follow the stars to find their way to port? Did not many a mage or cleric use the stars to prophesize the future or explain the past? The stars were alluring as they were mysterious... and there was much more to learn and know and discover.

"Perhaps I can show you sometime," Arcuturus suggesed, offering a small, perhaps shy, smile. It was rare to be found upon his oft serious expression, but today was a day of unusual happenstance. "I'm afraid the charts I have on me are ruined or water-logged. But if you are a fan of stars, I have plenty back at my study." Most individuals found his interest and hobby boring. Perhaps she would too, after some time.

When China Blue found the hidden blanket, Arcturus was pleased. "Something to warm yourself with," he encouraged. He would not be so rude as to ask to share -- not only would that be most ungentlemanly, but they were but strangers. "I would not wish you to be cold. Perhaps there are other things hidden within this alcove," he mused, deciding to take a closer look around.

Perhaps he might find something with which to start a fire to help keep out the worst of the cold. Surely, whoever had made this little hideaway must have thought to keep oneself warm -- or was this blanket it?

Yayoi

Uta
Crew

Shy Mage

Yayoi
Vice Captain

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:55 pm
China Blue tilted her head slightly as she listened to him speak. Her long ears shifting up and down. Dark eyes twinkling at his suggestion. The shy smile on his lips was quite endearing and perhaps something that they did not do very often. The FaeBunny gave him a genuine smile of her own. “I think I would like that. Do you have a telescope too?”

She fidgeted with the blanket.

He was probably chilly too but put her needs before his own. That was quite impressive she had to admit. But to her it didn’t seem like there was much else laying about to warm up with. Perhaps whoever owned this place had been in the process of stocking it with items and the storm had hit before they had been able to get everything here. Made sense to her.

“I don’t mind….sharing.” It wasn’t a big deal. Just two strangers caught in storm, sharing a blanket, while they talked about the stars. She wrapped one end around herself and let the other half settle next to her. It was rather long so they wouldn’t have to sit right next to each other if they didn’t want to. “Do you have a favorite star story?”

Uta

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:15 pm
Arcturus listened as China Blue spoke, taking one last sweep around the barren shelter. Alas, any hope for a lantern or candles or matches was put to rest, and the howling wind outside seemed to mock him. Hopefully, if they were lucky, the storm would pass quickly -- but with the dark skies and pounding rain, for now, there was little end to it.

"I have one, yes, indeed. It isn't as glorious as some boast -- but it does allow me to chart and study the stars, and see some neighboring planets." He had hopes to someday get a much larger telescope, or perhaps find work that would give him a far superior view of the heavens--but that was far and away in the future. "You're more than welcome to it, m'lady, should you ever find yourself in the neighborhood on a clear night."

When China Blue mentioned she didn't mind sharing, Arcturus almost declined the offer again, so as not to be rude. But he would belying if he wasn't cold, and he did not wish to find himself ill. "If... If you insist," he started, offering a small bow and a larger smile. "But you must assure me that if you need more blanket or wish it yourself, to tell me at once. I don't mind giving you the lions share and don't wish to make you uncomfortable."

So, with only a little awkwardness, Arcturus settled himself on the edge of the couch, taking as little blanket as possible to still be warm. He was, perhaps, a bit of a stuffy sort ... but he so rarely left his studies, and had little practice when it came to being sociable. Hopefully, he didn't put her off too much.

As for stories, he reached up to wipe away the fog that had begun to build on his glasses. "I have far too many," he mused with a small chuckle. "Do you prefer more of a mythological story regarding stars or something more scientific?" He was a science fae, certainly, but even he could enjoy the legends of consellations regarding the heavens. "And what of you? Surely, there must be some story of the stars that interests you."

Yayoi

Uta
Crew

Shy Mage

Yayoi
Vice Captain

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:22 pm
She smiled as he joined her on the couch, wrapping her end around her small body so only her head peeled out. “I think that would be lovely. I know there is a really really big telescope in Faetasia where you can see so many stars it’s just ridiculous.” China laughed, it was a melodic laugh and she quickly covered her mouth with a pale hand.

Bringing her knees up to her chest she let a small shiver run down her spine. Her hair was still mostly wet and dripping cold rain water down the back of her shirt.

When he took very little blanket she scrunched her nose up. “You can have more it’s a big blanket and I don’t need much. But i will be sure to let you know.” The Bunny flashed him a warm smile. Her ears rising and falling. Up close he was even more handsome she thought. If not really proper.

She perked up once they started talking about stories. “I like both but the mythological ones I think are better. I like the story of Virgo but Pegasus is a good one too.”

Uta

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:54 pm

The shiver China Blue gave was not unnoticed by Arcturus, and he wished, badly, that there was some way to start a fire or bring some actual warmth. Of course, he was also shivering, and wet, and though he didn't want to take the blanket away from her, it would also serve them better if they sat closer, and shared warmth.

Cold as they were, they were still emitting heat, and the blanket would capture some of it. "As untoward as this sounds, if we sit closer perhaps... Perhaps we might warm up more swiftly." He hated to be soggy, and damp, but without a fire the blanket was all they had. Shifting a bit closer to the middle of the couch, he took more of the blanket, to wrap it half around himself. He still made sure to give her ample blanket, and ample space as well, if she didn't wish to take him up on the offer.

"The myths based on the stars are delightful, indeed. I know of both, though perhaps someday you can recite the tales to me. One of my favorite constellations is that of the dark angelic FaeHorse, Equueus, being pursued by the angelic Renp, Milomo across the early morning sky. He loses him to the dawn, but always finds him by dusk to continue his pursuit and proclaim his love. Some think of it as a hunter and the hunted, but others say it's more romantic, a star-crossed sort of romance.." There were other stories he enjoyed, but the endless pursuit of love was timeless, classic -- and something the romantic in him admired.

Yayoi
LOL Figured faetasia has some of its own, magical constellations, haha. -makes stuff up- Let mee know if that's frowned upon though! I can always edit it to something true-to-earth. :3

Uta
Crew

Shy Mage

◕ Roleplay: Faetasia

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas