Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:01 pm
User Image The fight was over.

When the challenge had been declared by the rival dark angelic hoping to take Dyre’s place, it was only natural that the children of Vesira would take an interest; Narkissa, especially so, had arrived with her bow in hand (carved and gifted by her father), intently watching as Dyre stepped up to the challenge. He didn’t have the option to refuse. If he did he would have been ousted for showing weakness. It was better to accept and fight for his place.

And so he fought. Brilliantly and with skill.

But it hadn’t been enough.

Dyre’s power was in archery and fighting from afar and the challenger simply overwhelmed him in close quarters.

And so he lost.

Narkissa had watched as Dyre had stood, calmly accepting his loss, nodding once to Vesira’s words, her farewells, and then leaving the temple, without a single look back. Narkissa watched him go. His back straight and proud, his wounds already fading.

Her grip tightened around the bow.

Her feelings were complicated.

The part of her that had been a little girl once taught how to string a bow, and who’s heart was still warmed father’s gentle pride at her first kill, wanted to chase after him. But the goddess that she was now, could not take that step.

She hardened her heart.

Only the strong could remain.

That was how it was and always would be.

Finally she looked away and cast her gaze down at the mortals as they babbled, panicked and celebrated in equal measures. For who would not be delighted that their goddess had taken on a new lover? One of their own. Dyre had never quite fit in. He’d always had his own independent streak. Though there had been many fond of him as well.

As usual, Vesira had left the clean up to her offspring and it was time to get to work.

“Silence!” Narkissa called, her commanding voice ringing out around the temple. “A new mate has been found worthy!” She presumed. Vesira wouldn’t have whisked him away for nothing. “It is now a time for celebration. We will feast and prepare for the hunt!”

Nothing would help bring them all together and on the same page like a good vampire hunt.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:27 pm
User Image
For weeks the zamphirs had been gathering at the temple, all culminating in this grand battle of lovers. Tigrin had been drawn by the crowds and a bit of curiosity. Now that the battle was settled he really only had one thing on his mind.

"Vampiric Scrimshaw!" He called out to the crowd, flashing some of his wares. He stopped to describe each scene carefully carved into the bones of vampires he felled (all of the details of each of his stories is 100% true) to anyone that would listen, making a few sales once the zamphirs started calming down after the goddess left. Particularly after the booming declaration from what he assumed was a daughter of the temple. Something in her voice commanded something in him. It caused some primal part of him to stir and while outwardly he continued to be the charismatic salesman, he was subtly maneuvering closer to the voice, his eyes scanning casually for her in the crowd.

He was drawn to her for her voice and the command she had over the crowd. But also by the promise of food and hunting. He hadn't planned on staying longer than he needed for sales after the hubbub had subsided, but now he was rethinking that position. When he finally caught sight of what was certainly a goddess his heart skipped a beat. He had never seen any creature so sublime as she. He had seen plenty of beautiful females (many of which were present) but nothing had ever stirred him like her before.

He took a breath, squared his shoulders, and strode over to her with all of the suave swagger he could muster and offered her a particularly delicate piece of jewelry he had carved. It was a ring made from the spine of a particularly difficult vampire and he had managed to make some of his best carving work ever on it. It was his masterpiece. He offered it to her with a charming grin.

"I have never before beheld such beauty as yours. Please, take this ring. It is my prized possession, the thing I cherished above all else. It is yours, as is my heart if you would have it." He kneeled before her and waited.

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:56 pm
After her commands went out, there was a lull as everyone took in what she’d said, followed by the sudden ordered chaos of everyone jumping to work. A feast needed to be prepared, food gathered, weapons sharpened. The many Zamphir who had arrived at the temple were quickly put to work as those who already dwelled there took charge and pointed them in the right direction.

Narkissa needed to do little after her initial command, though she did answer questions here and there from various followers.

For the most part, she looked out across the bustling room and waited to see if any of her siblings would be angry at her taking charge. By rights, her elder sister should have taken the place of second-in-command after their mother but Narkissa had swept into that position thanks to her sister’s unfortunate early disgrace.

And it wasn’t even Eriannia she feared - it was Tihamar, who would take any slight given to his sister as an invitation for violence.

The last thing they needed now was upheaval amongst all the half-siblings.

As she pondered how the arrival of a new angelique would challenge her own standing and how it would affect the family, Narkissa noticed the approach of a tall, dark and, yes, handsome male Zamphir. He was powerful, she could tell that in an instance. A dark angelic, she figured, instantly attractive to a god.

Her eyes narrowed thoughtfully as he stopped before her and offered the ring. It was very pretty. A trinket worthy of a goddess. However Narkissa was not so easily won by shiny things and a pretty smile.

“You offer me a cherished ring and your heart. Two items that should not be so easily given away,” she said after a moment, making no move to accept either, no matter how appealing.

The problem was - she liked him. Instantly.

Fate, one could say.

She reached out but instead of taking the ring, she wrapped her hand around his, covering it up. His skin was so warm.

“To offer yourself to me is no task for the faint hearted. I will accept no weakness and nothing less than absolute devotion. The sky will fall before I let you leave my side. Is this still a path you would choose?”  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:13 pm

What was he doing? He had hardly met her and here he was ring in his hand and heart on his sleeve. He had heard of angelics becoming attached to gods before but he hadn't thought that was going to be him. Now that he felt it he thought he was insane to have ever wanted anything else. He had the warmth of this sublime creatures hand over his and it radiated throughout his body. There was a connection between them, a tether that linked them together forever. He had never been so sure.

"There is no other path before me but the one that has me at your side. I will be beside you in battle and in life, forever your supporter. I will worship you in all ways and will devote my life to your happiness. I am Tigrin and I am yours." He kept his eyes locked on hers, drinking in her gaze. It was insane to him that he felt this strongly and that he was devoting his entire being to this stranger, but it felt right in a way he couldn't pinpoint. She was his Muse, his Queen, his Goddess. From this day and for all days.

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:12 pm
He offered himself to her, wholly and without hesitation. Narkissa knew that if she accepted him now, they would be connected forever, bound as only a god and her angelique could be, until time came to an end.

Now she shifted her hand, making sure she never stopped touching him, as she revealed the ring. Her fingers slid along his wrist and palm, lingering sweetly and with promise. To think things could change so quickly. One moment she had been a goddess powerful but alone and now she was being offered an eternity of loyalty and love.

And why shouldn’t she accept? She was worthy.

She closed her hand around the ring.

“I, Narkissa, daughter of the Goddess of Zamphirs, accept you, Tigrin, as my mate.” Her voice lifted, even though her eyes never moved from him. “Let all here bear witness that I too have found a mate worthy of me, as my mother before me. Together we shall hunt and be bound to each other through blood!”  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:42 pm

He savored her touch, her scent, her eyes staring into her. There was promise in her eyes. He felt a rise in excitement as she accepted his ring, and perhaps a surge of power as well. He felt their bond, unbreakable and fathomless. He stood as she made her declaration but kept his eyes on her and his hand in hers. He couldn't believe how immediate and perfect this all felt. He finally broke her gaze to look around the crowded temple for the first time since he had seen Narkissa. The zamphirs were cheering, raising mugs or flasks or cups, whatever they had to hand in celebration. He was shocked to see such joy in the crowd and even relief. He supposed this was a more expected event and one they could freely celebrate without any bruised egos among those who supported the old angelique over the one who won. This they could all simply be happy about and it seemed most in attendance was choosing to. He decided to embrace it.

He raised his voice as well in joy and celebration "Let us all feast tonight! Then we shall begin the hunt!" A celebratory hunt like this could last weeks. He couldn't wait to fight along side his bride. He turned back to her and flashed her a grin and then swooped her off her feet and spin her around, his wings flapping. He sat her back down, laughing and took her hand. He gestured for her to lead him to the feast.

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:28 pm
It pleased her to see him taking to the role as her partner so easily. His voice was good and strong and made a shiver run down her spine. They would have plenty of time to get to know each other and she vowed that she would whisk him away where they could be alone once her duty here was done.

There was nobody in Faetasia that would have ever dared pick her up and twirl her and yet he did. It surprised her. Her whole life she had only allowed herself to be seen by others as a powerful and untouchable god, an iron maiden who served her Goddess Mother and did not falter.

Now an entire room packed with Zamphir’s got to see her smile girlishly as her feet touched the ground again.

How had her mother ever let her angelique’s go? She wondered as she took Tigrin’s hand, brought it to her lips and kissed it ever so gently before she turned back to the celebrating crowd. They’d been working fast. Food was already appearing, tables pulled out, drinks being poured.

She led him forward, hand in hand.

She hoped her sister was watching from somewhere with her feral bear at her side. One step ahead of you again, dear sister. Now she only needed to bring some daughters into the world and she would have solidified her place as Vesira's favourite.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:57 pm

He loved her smile, the easy way she held his hand. He felt comfortable with her already. His head was swimming. He followed behind her happily, watching her hips sway as she moved. There were tables and servants carrying food everywhere suddenly. With the large crowd all gathered and talking it was loud all around them. It was loud around them yet they seemed to be in their own little bubble. He felt like no one could hear them. It felt almost private.

She lead him to a table at the head of the large room of tables, on a raised dais that faced the group. There was a pair of larger chairs in the middle, clearly for Vesira and her mate. They remained empty. However the rest of the table was begining to fill up with the children and grandchildren of Vesira. He tugged gently on Narkissa's hand, so she would pause and turn to face him. He smiled into her eyes. "I just wanted another moment of you to myself," he said softly, using his free hand to cup her cheek. He lifted her chin gently and kissed her sweetly. He pulled back slowly and looked into her eyes as he added "I can't wait until I have you for more than a moment." He gave her a playful growl.

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:53 pm
Their first kiss, given before all gathered, a gentle promise of more. Narkissa allowed it, leaning into his touch, savoring his taste and smell before it was time to pull away. Then it was back to business, taking her place standing beside the seat where her mother would have been. There was a glass of wine before her and she picked it, to hold aloft. Her free hand resting on Tigrin’s strong shoulder.

“To Vesira, Goddess of Zamphir’s, and her new mates eternal happiness!” She toasted. And her own, though she did not say so out loud.

Some of the younger gods had arrived. Arthfael had already taken a seat and was watching her curiously, and Tihamar was beside him, her elder half-brother smiling, apparently as good-natured as always, even if she knew that surely he was judging her for taking over while Vesira was gone.

“Here, here!” Tihamar replied to her toast and drank from his cup.

Narkissa had Tigrin now as back up but she hoped to see Grave at her side too. She wondered how he was taking their father’s defeat. Later, when they had time, they would need to debrief about everything that had happened. No doubt he would have far more information than she did.

Taking her seat, Narkissa gestured to the seat beside her. “Come sit, Tigrin, let us enjoy the moment.”  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:45 pm
This was madness! He had only just come to the temple and yet here he was at the head table with one of the most prominent children of the Goddess looking at him like that. Her hand on his shoulder warm and firm he wrapped his arm around her for the toast, picking up a glass from the table before them and raising it high, his eyes on his new bride. He followed her lead to sit and enjoy the moment, though glancing at her brothers he wondered how he would fit in with this massive and powerful family. He rested his hand on Narkissa's thigh - as much for his own reassurance as it was for hers. He noticed some of the other seats filling up as other members of his new family arrived, though he knew none of them. He did note the looks the blue female gave to his new bride and made a mental note to keep an eye on that. He assumed she was a new sister-in-law but clearly there were dynamics under the surface he would need to work out here. The thought thrilled him. He'd become part of something massive and complicated and wonderful and couldn't wait to wade into the thick of it on Narkissa's arm.

"To us," he said quietly to only her, tapping her glass with his with a mischievous grin.

((man we should do a massive get-together of the kids with demos and vesira))  

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
◕ Roleplay: Faetasia

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items