Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
2023 Cosplay and Conventions Plans: End of the Year Details Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ennichi_Jimetsu
Crew

O.G. Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:11 am
angelmage99
The only other couple's cosplay we've done is Miss Joke and Aizawa from My Hero Academia.

I'm in the process of doing Luigi and Daisy (I need to get him a green shirt and my Daisy's dress) and Rapunzel and Eugene (have all the fabric).

I'm finishing Renge from Ouran High School Host Club and I'm thinking of getting my husband to do Kyoya in response I really just need to find him a light blue jacket (I'm going lazy mode).

I'm making plans to do Riza and Roy from FMA. I have the pattern I'm basing it off of and I got muslin to make a jacket mock up. I also got enough fabric to start a Sailor Moon bodysuit so Tuxedo Mask is another one that we've talked about doing. We also have part of a Naruto/Hinata Costume too.

Other than that I have sewing patterns and plans for the following couples:
Sophie and Howl from Howl's Moving Castle
Chichi and Goku from DBZ
Matsumoto and Gin from Bleach
Ichigo and Orihime from Bleach
Belle and Adam from Beauty and the Beast
Lin and No Face from Spirited Away
Ariel and Eric from Little Mermaid
Anna and Kristoff from Frozen
Suki and Sokka from Avatar the Last Airbender
Asami and Mako from Avatar the Legend of Korra
All the Link and Zelda's
Minato and Kushina from Naruto

All other costumes I haven't asked if he wants to do. He's pretty much stated that he doesn't want to do most of the older Disney Prince's so I'm solo for Snow White, Cinderella, and Aurora. Though if we ever get pregnant we have pregnant cosplays planned to with Princess Serenity/Tuxedo Mask, Sato/Husband from Kiki's Delivery Service, Maes Hughes and Gracia from FMA, Minato/Kushina from Naruto, Tenzen/Pema from Legend of Korra, and Pancha/Chicha from Emperor's New Groove.

I love Miss Joke! She has such a cute design, you look great as her!

We don't have solid dates, but here's some of what my fiance and I want to do together:

Nier Automata: 2B and 9S
Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles: Sakura and Syaoran
Fairy Tail: Lucy and Natsu
Darling in the Franxx: 002 and Hiro
Avatar the Last Airbender: Katara and Aang
Vocaloid- Secret Black Vow: Miku and Len/Rin
D.Gray Man: Lenali and Allen
Chono Crusade" Rosette and Chrono
Some version of Link and Zelda, but we haven't decided which ones!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:26 am
Ennichi_Jimetsu

I love Miss Joke! She has such a cute design, you look great as her!

We don't have solid dates, but here's some of what my fiance and I want to do together:

Nier Automata: 2B and 9S
Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles: Sakura and Syaoran
Fairy Tail: Lucy and Natsu
Darling in the Franxx: 002 and Hiro
Avatar the Last Airbender: Katara and Aang
Vocaloid- Secret Black Vow: Miku and Len/Rin
D.Gray Man: Lenali and Allen
Chono Crusade" Rosette and Chrono
Some version of Link and Zelda, but we haven't decided which ones!

I didn't put this, mostly because I haven't totally convinced him, but we've talked about doing Gray and Juvia from Fairy Tail. He's a little shy so he doesn't want to have to take his shirt off. I was thinking about just doing the button-down collar outfit.  

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

Ennichi_Jimetsu
Crew

O.G. Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 4:53 pm
angelmage99
I didn't put this, mostly because I haven't totally convinced him, but we've talked about doing Gray and Juvia from Fairy Tail. He's a little shy so he doesn't want to have to take his shirt off. I was thinking about just doing the button-down collar outfit.

There's also 3-4 more outfits he has where he covers his chest, so even if you two wanted to do multiple outfits, there's still plenty to choose from! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:02 pm
Ennichi_Jimetsu
angelmage99

There's also 3-4 more outfits he has where he covers his chest, so even if you two wanted to do multiple outfits, there's still plenty to choose from! 3nodding

Very true. I'll do more research once I get closer to making the costume. I still have to get what I have made first.  

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:00 pm
I just picked up some black mystery fabric, thinking that it was one thing, but it ended up being Satin. I'm going to add Yor Forger from SpyxFamily to my working list now. My husband has already stated that he would do Loid Forger for me.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2023 12:09 am
Going to staff Neko this year for the first time since COVID(and other issues). Prolly not going to cosplay, but I might break out the penguin kigu.

I will be bringing a selection of nerdy, weeby tshirts, though.

I need a goose kigu. Because reasons. xd  

OnsenMark

Crew

Noble Raider

12,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:09 am
OnsenMark
Going to staff Neko this year for the first time since COVID(and other issues). Prolly not going to cosplay, but I might break out the penguin kigu.

A goose kigu sounds hilarious, but I don't think they make one. You'll have to sew one. I know Cut/Sew has a pattern that you can use as a base.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:18 pm
angelmage99
OnsenMark

A goose kigu sounds hilarious, but I don't think they make one. You'll have to sew one. I know Cut/Sew has a pattern that you can use as a base.

I'm good, I think. I could always find all the bits for my Grape-kun cosplay, although I wish I had a Hululu nesoberi or plushie to go with it, lol.

Just over six and a half weeks until setup for Nekocon, and I'm slowly getting things together. I need to mend my Neko hoodie, though, as it's kinda starting to fall apart. Shoudn't take me too long to do it, but I just need to find the time, really. Also need to replenish my travel toiletries some(I was happy that Walmart has little bottles of Purell for the holder on my con bag -- and in orange scent, too! biggrin )

And snacks. Can't forget snacks. Since I'm on staff, I get fed lunch and dinner daily(dunno about Thursday), and if I'm in the con hotel, that's breakfast. But there's still those in-between times, so I've got little bottles of juice drinks, granola and "nutrigrain" bars, and packs of crackers.  

OnsenMark

Crew

Noble Raider

12,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 1:25 pm
OnsenMark
angelmage99
OnsenMark

I'm good, I think. I could always find all the bits for my Grape-kun cosplay, although I wish I had a Hululu nesoberi or plushie to go with it, lol.

Just over six and a half weeks until setup for Nekocon, and I'm slowly getting things together. I need to mend my Neko hoodie, though, as it's kinda starting to fall apart. Shoudn't take me too long to do it, but I just need to find the time, really. Also need to replenish my travel toiletries some(I was happy that Walmart has little bottles of Purell for the holder on my con bag -- and in orange scent, too! biggrin )

And snacks. Can't forget snacks. Since I'm on staff, I get fed lunch and dinner daily(dunno about Thursday), and if I'm in the con hotel, that's breakfast. But there's still those in-between times, so I've got little bottles of juice drinks, granola and "nutrigrain" bars, and packs of crackers.

Are you thinking doing the classic 'gentlelman' look for Grape-Kun? What's you're vision? I'm a huge pattern nerd.

Know the pains of convention planning. My area is getting their third new nerd event this year (Started with a con, then a Ren Faire, and now a Horror Con). I've been asked to volunteer by the organizers (I know them through my work). I don't know what plans they have for me, but I don't have any Horror costumes.

My plans:
Turn the Yukina (Yu Yu Hakusho) into a Yuki-Onna costume. It'll pretty much be the same, but with now bow, a different wig and make up.
Make a witch costume, if I have time to do something like she's transforming into a goat.

I'm not sure about my third costume (or more) I'm thinking maybe doing my Kororo from Shaman King since she's a mythical creature in Ainu culture, but it sounds like they may want me to do some events as part of my volunteering like have me possibly do panels, just based on some of the things they've said. I just really feels like more.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:09 am
angelmage99
OnsenMark
angelmage99
OnsenMark

Are you thinking doing the classic 'gentlelman' look for Grape-Kun? What's you're vision? I'm a huge pattern nerd.

Know the pains of convention planning. My area is getting their third new nerd event this year (Started with a con, then a Ren Faire, and now a Horror Con). I've been asked to volunteer by the organizers (I know them through my work). I don't know what plans they have for me, but I don't have any Horror costumes.

My plans:
Turn the Yukina (Yu Yu Hakusho) into a Yuki-Onna costume. It'll pretty much be the same, but with now bow, a different wig and make up.
Make a witch costume, if I have time to do something like she's transforming into a goat.

I'm not sure about my third costume (or more) I'm thinking maybe doing my Kororo from Shaman King since she's a mythical creature in Ainu culture, but it sounds like they may want me to do some events as part of my volunteering like have me possibly do panels, just based on some of the things they've said. I just really feels like more.

I kept it simple; a penguin kigurumi bought off of Amazon with a purple bandana tied around my arm to represent the band around his flipper. Nothing fancy, but it works.  

OnsenMark

Crew

Noble Raider

12,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:28 am
OnsenMark

I kept it simple; a penguin kigurumi bought off of Amazon with a purple bandana tied around my arm to represent the band around his flipper. Nothing fancy, but it works.

Fair enought. Sometimes keeping it simple is want is needed.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:27 am
Update on my plans

Cons

RetroX: Idaho Falls, ID May 20th (Enteried Cosplay Contest): Costumes: Princess Peach and Mario
Kuroneko Con: Spokane, WA July 7-9 (Enteried Cosplay Contest): Costumes Asirpa from Golden Kamuy, Princess Peach and Mario, Ms. Joke and Aizawa
Snake River Horror Fest: Pocatello, ID Oct 27-29??? (Invited as a Volunteer): Witch Costume (Details Below), Yuki-onna (See Yukina), and Kororo from Shaman King.

Finished (This Year, so far)

Princess Peach and Mario
Kero from CardCaptor Sakura
Kiki from Kiki's Delivery Service
Young Masked Fighter Genkai from Yu Yu Hakusho (still need to make a mask, but still cannon)

Costumes in Progress: Will be completed by end of year
Organized by completion

Renge from Ouran High School Host Club: Just need to add the collar and make the bow (Nov/Dec completion plan)
Ice Queen Elsa from Frozen: Need to add an underlayer and accessories (Nov/Dec completion plan)
Pokemon Go Girl from Pokemon Go: Need to sew Jacket, buy hat, and shoes (Nov/Dec completion plan)
Cinderella from Disney's Cinderella: Need to finish sewing skirt to bodice, add side puffs and sleeves, need wig, shoes, and headband. (Oct/Nov Completion, minus Wig, Competition Cosplay)
Sailor Jupiter from Sailor Moon: Need to make jacket, add skirt, make bows, paint shoes, make accessories, and get wig. (Nov/Dec completion plan)
Witch Costume: dress and bodice pieces done, working on strapes (Image C), hat in three pieces, jewelry done, but additional accessories in progress. If I have time I'm going to have the witch transforming into a goat (otherwise it'll be a witch).
14th Century Medieval Outfit: Need to finish surcoat lining, shoes, and lacing kirtle (not worrying about under kirtle right now).

Costumes in Progress: In Progress by End of Year
Organized by completion

Yukina from Yu Yu Hakusho: Some sewing done, bow partically done, need to buy wig. (Kimono part will done no later than Oct 27)
Rapunzel and Eugene (Flynn) from Tangled: parts of it are cut out, currently painting the under skirt, have wig for Rapunzel, but not Eugene. (Hoping to be done by Dec/Nov)
Daisy and Luigi: Need to make dress, make accessories, cut wig. (Will be done by May 3rd, 2024, Competition Cosplay)
Shinobu from Demon Slayer: Have all fabric, but the black twill for uniform, shoes are half way done, need to do some experiement for dyeing and how I'll be doing the butterfly hair piece, need to also buy wig. (Competition Cosplay)
Sailor Moon: Have a bodysuit, wig, and fabric for boot covers
Naruto and Hinata from Boruto: Have a wig and jacket for Naruto, have fabric for boot covers for Hinata.
Yamuraiha from Magi: Need to make everything. It's pretty much mostly in pieces.
Edwardian Outfit: Have a dress, working on chemise, and have parts of the corset.
2nd Regency Outfit: Have the dress mostly done, will decorate.
Jacabian Outfit: Have the skirt mostly done, working on stay next, also plan to make pockets soon.  

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:10 pm
angelmage99
Update on my plans

Cons

RetroX: Idaho Falls, ID May 20th (Enteried Cosplay Contest): Costumes: Princess Peach and Mario
Kuroneko Con: Spokane, WA July 7-9 (Enteried Cosplay Contest): Costumes Asirpa from Golden Kamuy, Charmy from Black Clover, Princess Peach and Mario, Ms. Joke and Aizawa

Finished (This Year, so far)

Princess Peach and Mario
Kero from CardCaptor Sakura
Kiki from Kiki's Delivery Service
Young Masked Fighter Genkai from Yu Yu Hakusho (still need to make a mask, but still cannon)

Costumes in Progress: May be completed by end of year.
Organized by completion

Renge from Ouran High School Host Club: Just need to do the bows
Ice Queen Elsa from Frozen: Need to add an underlayer and accessories (Nov/Dec completion plan)
Pokemon Go Girl from Pokemon Go: Need to sew Jacket
Cinderella from Disney's Cinderella: Need to add side puffs and sleeves, need wig, shoes, and headband. (Competition Cosplay for Kuroneko Con 2024)
Sailor Jupiter from Sailor Moon: Need to make jacket piece, add skirt, make bows, paint shoes, make gloves and tiara, and get wig. (Nov/Dec completion plan)
Witch Costume: (Image C), hat in pieces, jewelry done, but additional accessories in progress. If I have time I'm going to have the witch transforming into a goat (otherwise it'll be a witch).
14th Century Medieval Outfit: Need shoes, and lacing kirtle (not worrying about under kirtle right now).
Yukina from Yu Yu Hakusho: Need to buy shoes, wig, and finish making bow. Need to also make the Obi.
Daisy and Luigi: Need to finish skirt and then attach everything, make accessories, cut wig, buy Luigi shirt. (Will be done by May 3rd, 2024, Competition Cosplay)

Costumes in Progress: In completion planned for next year
Organized by completion

Rapunzel and Eugene (Flynn) from Tangled: parts of it are cut out, currently painting the under skirt, have wig for Rapunzel, but not Eugene. (Hoping to be done by Dec/Nov)
Shinobu from Demon Slayer: Have all fabric, but the black twill for uniform, shoes are half way done, Haori needs finish markings and then sewn, and research how I'll be doing the butterfly hair piece, need to also buy wig. (Competition Cosplay)
Naruto and Hinata from Boruto: Have a wig and jacket for Naruto, all the fabric for Hinata. Need Wig for Hinata and shoes, pants, and "arm" for Naruto.
Yamuraiha from Magi: Need to make everything. It's pretty much mostly in pieces. (Cosplay Competition)
Edwardian Outfit: Have a dress, working on chemise, and have parts of the corset.
2nd Regency Outfit: Have the dress mostly done, will decorate.
Grey from Black Clover: Have everything, but shoes and belt fabric.
Anna from Shaman King: Have dress in pieces, need fabric for bandana, need wig and shoes.
Jessica Albert from Dragon Quest VIII: Have all the fabric, minus for whip. No Wig or shoes. (Cosplay Competition)

In Partial Progress

Sailor Moon: Need fabric for bows, collar, and skirt. No Accessories.
Snow White: Have fabric to make part of the sleeves and the bodice, bow and collar.
Sailor Venus: Have skirt and collar fabric
Hinata from Naruto Shuppuden: Have pants almost done and have fabric for hoodie.
Yor and Loid from SpyxFamily: Have everything to make Yor's assassin dress and fabric for the shoes. (Cosplay Competition)
Fairy Godmother from Cinderella: Have all the fabric. This costume is for my friend and she will be incharge of her wig, wand, shoes, and undershirt(?). (Cosplay Competition)
Tsunade from Naruto: Need to remake top and need wig.
Naofumi and Raptalia from Rising of a Sheild Hero: We have some fabric and the shield

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:53 pm
My end of the year updates!

Events:
SacAnime Sept 1-3 Complete
Sencha Cosplay Gathering Sept 30 Didn't Attend
Oogie Boogie Bash Oct. 12Complete
Lavender Gala Oct 21Didn't Attend

2024 Cosplan Rollover:
Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak- Hunter MC Every time I wear her, I complete a little more lol
Kingdom Hearts Union X- Hydrangea Formal
2007 Pink Anime Angel Girl
Miraculous Ladybug- Ladybug (Not till I hit my confidence goal..)

Completed:
Nier Automata- Bride 2B
Snow White- 2017 Designer Doll
Fate/Stay Night- Sakura's 2022 New Year's Outfit
Animal Crossing: New Horizons- Blathers
Animal Crossing: New Horizons- Celeste
RWBY- Summer Rose
Avatar: The Last Airbender- Moon Spirit Yue
Kingdom Hearts Union X- Cowgirl Goth (Will probably add a lining in 2024 and make props next year)
KHIII Kairi Swimsuit- Sixon Clothing

Ennichi_Jimetsu
Crew

O.G. Gaian

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:44 am
So I don't know if you guys listen to things while you work on cosplay-related projects, but I listen to music or podcast. So here's what Spodify said about my end of the year jamming sessions.

Angel's Listening  
Convention Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces