Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uta
Crew

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 4:31 pm
User Image

Since the Blood God had finally fully awakened from his previous state, he'd found himself compelled to stretch his wings. Great change had taken place during his deep slumber, and further change seemed well on the way, or such was his understanding. The gods who had once sat high upon their thrones were gone or replaced, with new faces heralding over ancient domains. There was a great quiet among the land from lives lost or no longer among the living, and yet, a great deal of life all the same. How much blood had been spilled while he slept without his own cause or meddling? And how much more would he see spilled simply for his own amusement?

That remained to be seen.

For now, simply observing he world in all its state was enough to satisfy Sanguis. Similar to the pull of Malum's temple, so did another captivate Sanguis' interest. So it was, on this particular day, the blood god decided to make a call upon Grendel at his temple. He knew not who this new god was, but it mattered little to Sanguis. He'd been missing for so long he doubted few remembered his name, even if their paths had crossed in the ancient times.

One moment the temple was empty, the next Sanguis appeared, with no fanfare, and no dramatics. Of course, the pentagram of blood at his feet was a near constant, as was his bloody halo that sat upon his brow. Both leather and feathered wings folded upon his back as he waited. He had no doubt his presence was immediately felt... and all the better for it.

Sanguis had always had a soft-spot for the blood-drinkers of the world--for their need for blood was rather endearing to the God. Perhaps their God might be keen to meet him? No matter how deep a sleep, Sanguis was well aware that politics was one of the few things that never seemed to change...

Seussi
Still new to Faekat RP. Happy to edit or change anything you may need. :V Sanguis doesn't know all the details, but as a god I figure he can tell that certain domains have changed hands.

Yayoi
Same as above, haha.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:17 pm
The temple was large. Large enough, a good portion of it had been set aside for Grendel and his odd little family. This left the rest of the temple, on most days, empty, save for perhaps the dungeon. So, when visitors arrived, especially those that appeared suddenly and without warning, they were often left waiting for a moment or two before Grendel would turn up to greet them.

Such was the case with Sanguine, who was an unexpected visitor indeed. Grendel felt the stirring of his arrival and tasted power in the air that seemed all too familiar. Typically, when someone arrived at the temple, Grendel would go to deal with them alone. Still, something about this made him hesitate; he reached for Ravnos's hand and told him he should come too. The children could be left behind with the nanny he had appropriated.

And so it was that when Grendel stepped from the shadows into the main hallway of his temple, it was with his Disciple at his side. He took in the God that stood before them with a sweeping glance, his face unreadable as he studied him, the pentagram, the double set of wings, the fangs...all of it.

"Blood God." He stated, his deep voice rumbling. He understood now what had been so familiar about his power and why it had drawn to him so. "I don't believe we have ever met."

Grendel's eyes were a burning red, his hair held back in an intricate and immaculate braid that nearly reached the floor. Otherwise, he appeared unremarkable; a God who appeared more like the vampires he held domain over than anything else.

yayoi
Uta

Seussi
Crew

Ice-Cold Hunter

Yayoi
Vice Captain

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:51 pm
At the temple the majority of Ravnos’s time was spent with the babies in the space that he and aGrendel had carved out as their own. It was rare for him to leave this space save for when he was leaving the temple himself. The Disciple was cautious when it came to them. When powerful visitors would appear it was Grendel alone who met them, keeping them at arms length.

He was used to expecting this and so when that familiar feeling came once again he had resigned himself to the same thing happening this time. Ravnos was surprised when Grendel said he should go with him. The God never asked before noe which garnered a curious quirk of an eyebrow and a quick glance back to the children before he was pulled through the shadows and into the hall in which Sanguis occupied.

Green eyes studied the God in front of them, giving Grendel’s hand a small squeeze. Blood God? Well, he supposed there would be one wouldn’t there. There were Gods for everything else.

Now the real question was why was he here.

While he had never person met the Blood God Ravnos often offered tribute every time he fed. Though his feeding on mortal blood had waned a bit in recent times. God blood was different. It sustained him longer and was energizing.

Ravnos could almost see Grendel’s eyes burning. His own filled with mild interest, caution and just a tiny bit of warmth. Long dark hair trailing behind him. His clothes chimed with a soft melody every time he shifted. “Welcome.” He inclined his head just slightly. For now he would remain silent. Grendel was one thing but this unfamiliar deity was met with nothing but caution hidden behind an air confidence.

Seussi
]
Uta

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:18 am
When he was greeted by not one, but two, Sanguis looked them over curiously each in turn. They were both so very young to the ancient god, but he harbored no patronizing feelings. Grendel was still a god, for all that he held the blush of youth upon his spirit; and Ravnos was one of the very vampires he had rather delighted in. While vampires were not necessarily the only beings who relished blood, they were quite tied to the need for the red liquid he so supplied.

His pale lips curled into a smile, fangs gleaming with appreciation for the duo. Sanguis was not a god of quick temper or unpleasant humor. Though it was never good to make his blood boil, his moods tended to be more languid. He had, of course, just woken up, and was in relatively good humor. Everything was a bit new, and seeing the adorned vampire on the arm of the young, but powerful, god was a delight.

Grendel's comment did make him laugh, a low, rumbling sound. "I dare say we have not. When last I walked this world, neither of you had yet drank from the cup of existence." He spoke plainly, no disparagement or judgment. What did he care for age, as an ageless being? "However, I am eager to reacquaint myself to those I once so favored-- the world has changed, and so have those that run it."

Giving a dip of his head to the decorated Ravnos, Sanguis' blood halo turned a brighter shade. "Very good of you to call upon one so uninvited. You may call me Sanguis," he introduced himself.

His purpose for visiting was purely curiosity but also, perhaps, a sense of care. He could not help but feel almost a sense of paternity-- for what better worship than one whose existence required the consumption of blood? Did Grendel feel the draw of blood as his race did? While many out there needed blood to survive, the darker souls that relished it, worshipped it, spilled it, were the ones Sanguis had always so admired. He did not expect them to remember or know the time he once walked the earth--but that did not mean Sanguis had forgotten those he had once favored.

Seussi
Hope it's okay -- I'm just telling me what Sanguis is telling me. Happy to edit or adjust anything either of you need. :3

Yayoi

Uta
Crew

Shy Mage

Seussi
Crew

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 5:04 pm
Grendel wondered just as much as Ravnos as to why they were suddenly under visitation by this God whom he had never encountered before...or had even heard of, for that matter. Though he had to admit It made sense that they had never met, even given how intimate one domain was with the other. There did indeed seem to be a God for everything, and some of those were likely very, very old. And there were always those who slept, resting for any length of time to reawaken to a contemporary world with fresh, new opportunities and vision.

It took Grendel a moment to get over his initial surprise, but when he did, he smiled, a guarded smile, but a smile nonetheless.

"Yes, welcome indeed, Sanguis." He waited until there was another moment to speak. He had been reminded of his youth, though that had never been something he had concerned himself with. Though young, he felt he had already experienced much and had grown significantly in power and awareness.

Besides, if he required ancient experience, he had Ravnos for that. It almost surprised him to hear that Sanguis was older.

"Come," the vampire God nodded his head towards a door at the end of the hallway that led to the sitting room. "Let us acquaint ourselves as you wish."

yayoi
Uta

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 5:43 pm
This was a slightly awkward situation for the Disciple and he felt only a tiny bit out of sorts. Normally they would meet or talk to others that required Ravnos to do most of the talking but now here he was standing about with nothing to say.

He felt a strange draw to the ancient god. Blood had been such a large part of his unlife and it sang to him. He merely continued to small warmly. Pushing down the feeling of needing to hurry back to the children. Grendel had wanted him here and so he would be there.

Ravnos turned towards the door he hand indicated. Waiting for them both.

Seussi
Uta

Yayoi
Vice Captain

Super Sex Symbol

Uta
Crew

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 9:26 pm
Neither god, nor vampire, seemed dissuaded by his unexpected arrival -- though neither seemed particularly forthcoming with information, either. Perhaps it was the way of things these days. No matter. The dark haired vampire, the one who smelled of smoke and cloves, had plenty of thoughts near the surface. It didn't take more than a cursory glance at the dark-skinned vampire, to fish out what he sought. Ravnos was his name, and his god was called Grendel.

Splendid.

"I do wish it," he confirmed, gliding towards the door. He left a pool of blood in his wake, though it dissipated shortly after he moved off it. "Just as I wish you both to come and know me better." Whether they wished such a thing or not, mattered not. Sanguis wished it, and that was enough for the god.

Everything was so different, he scarce knew what to begin. "You feel familiar, Ravnos," he almost purred the name as he passed the clove-scented vampire. He did not necessarily remember his face, for what did a blood god care about such things? But there was something about Ravnos that he recognized. Curious, really... Perhaps if he dug back into his old memories, he might place it.

Glancing back at Grendel, and then around the temple as he walked, he was surprised at the relative quiet. Were there not legions of vampires at Grendel's beck-and-call? Were there no armies to play with? No worshippers laying down sacrifices? Everything seemed so sparse. Had times changed so drastically? Not even a fountain of blood to be seen....

Well, to each their own.

Perhaps, if things went well, he'd send one along, get some meat on Grendel's pale bones.

"My visit need not be long. I simply wished to meet you, Grendel," he tested the name on his lips, though it had not been given readily. "I've always enjoyed a close relationship with the blood-drinkers of the world. Perhaps I might enjoy one with their patron god anew?" He asked, arching a curious brow.

Seussi

Yayoi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:11 pm
So this was going to be how he would spend his evening—playing host to an ancient Blood God who had probably only awoken very recently to a world that had, undoubtedly, drastically changed. Grendel, as new to the world as he was, could not yet understand that desire that so many Gods and vampires alike had to sleep and miss out on years, often spanning decades. The only time he had come close to even considering it had been when he had lost Ravnos, but a responsibility to his domain had kept him from doing so.

Besides, Caine slept, and look where that had gotten him.

As Sanguis moved toward the door, it would swing open, revealing a circular-shaped room beyond that glowed with the flickering fire in its hearth. There was within it an assortment of couches and chairs, colourful throw pillows sprinkled about, and rich tapestries hung along the walls. Sanguis was free to sit wherever he pleased once he entered or not if he preferred to stand.

While Grendel had never been a big fan of politics between the gods (he had enough of that just between the vampire clans and the clanless), he still understood the necessity to make strong connections, friendships and alliances. He understood even more that, given the subjects of his domain relied so heavily on vitae, this particular God was not one he wanted to piss off. So, he smiled, letting it warm his eyes this time.

But when the Blood God passed by Ravnos and Grendel and then spoke to Disciple directly, something in the Vampire God’s eyes changed slightly, only for a split second. A tightening at their corners, a flash of darkness that left as quickly as it came. It was unlikely that Sanguis would have even noticed unless he had been looking very closely. He cast a glance beside him to his Disciple, raising one eyebrow slightly as his voice entered Ravnos’s mind. At the same time he spoke to him, he concentrated his power to form a protective shield around the vampire, something to stop Sanguis from ever peeking inside his head again or even physically hurting him. It was strictly precautionary and something Grendel realized he should have done before bringing him along.

How deep did he look? He asked, but his tone was calm, for now, not angry.

He ran a thumb across the Ravnos's knuckles before releasing his hand and following Sanguis into the sitting room, his focus moving back toward their visitor.

These old Gods...Grendel never knew what to expect from them.

"You are welcome to stay and visit for as long as you wish." Grendel moved into the room properly. He was used to sitting in one of the high-backed chairs when dealing with company. With Ravnos accompanying him today, he instead moved towards one of the couches and waited for the Disciple to join him before sitting and eyeing the other God, though a smile still adorned his lips. “Were you a friend of Caine, then?” He asked while summoning goblets of wine mixed with ambrosia and vitae and holding one out in offering.

yayoi
Uta

Seussi
Crew

Ice-Cold Hunter

Yayoi
Vice Captain

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:07 pm
The thought that the Blood God would have ever read his thoughts had escaped the Disciple until that moment. When he was fairly certain he had not given his name. At first he could have brushed it off as Sanguis having done his fair bit of information gathering before arriving but it never was quite that simple. Ravnos was a fairly recognizable character after all. Not many Vampires could claim what he could past or present.

But what circles would this newly awakened deity have had to be in for his name to come up like that?

When Grendel’s voice entered his mind he did not break stride. He was used to this way of communicating with him. There had been a tingling across his skin before hand and it had only confirmed his suspicions. If he wasn’t careful he could become a liability. But at least Grendel was quick enough to pick up on it to. ‘Not far, dragul meu.’ At least as far as he could tell. How did one measure depths of one’s mind?

His smile never faltered as the Blood God passed by. Putting on an air of familiarity with the Disciple. Ravnos was fairly certain he had never met Sanguis personally face to face. His only association with Gods at all was Caine and now Grendel. The latter being his preferred of course. “I have a rather long and sordid past that sometimes even I can’t remember. Or don’t want to. I haven’t quite decided which.” The last part was mostly a muse for himself.

Giving Grendel’s hand a light squeeze before he had released it and finally following the two into the room and closing the door behind them. Not that anyone had been around to listen in but you never knew what other Gods might pop in.

He took a deliberate path through the room, the heels of his boots clicking against the hard floor. Ravnos kept what distance he could between him and the Blood Deity. Just in case. They didn’t know him and while he could very well be there under the guise of just poking around the Disciple preferred to not give away too much. Willingly or unwillingly. Preferring to only allow him to see what he gave freely than it be taken.

Ravnos settled onto the couch next to Grendel. Close enough so that they could touch if they wanted but with enough room to give him his own space.

Seussi
Uta

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:35 pm
Sanguis was not paying close attention to Grendel or Ravnos, so was oblivious to any subtle change. That he had alarmed or upset the vampire god wasn't something he was aware of, nor could he be. He was a god, Ravnos a vampire -- it was simple enough to skim what he needed without a deep dive. As neither vampire nor vampire god had introduced themselves before then, Sanguis had simply retrieved what he wished the easiest way a god knew how.

The world had changed a great deal since he'd last moved through it, perhaps social niceties had as well.

The amount of information that he was sorting through did leave Sanguis a bit off-kilter. He was sorting through information he had missed as he slept, as well as the onslaught of knowledge he was now receiving due to being awake. It left him at a disadvantage, but all he needed was time to sort through it all. For now, he was content to wander the world almost as if he were reborn anew -- and perhaps in a way he was. Just as the world no longer remembered or recalled his name, so different was life, he was all but a stranger.

Sanguis took an admiring look about the room, before settling in a chair with a colorful pillow. How delightful a sitting room... far more comfortable than some of the temples he visited. No skeletons or shrieks of torment to be found. Chic yet cozy. Perhaps he'd need take notes for his own blood temple, once he renovated it from its current dilapidated state.

"I would not call us friends," he stated, taking the proffered drink. That reminded him that he had not come without a proper gift for either host. "My interest had been more with the mortals and the blood they possessed," he confessed. "That said, I always took a keen interest in vampires, and others who relished or were particularly interested or invested in my domain." Vampires were darlings, as far as Sanguis was concerned. He knew every drop of blood that spilled, every ounce that ran through ones veins, be it their own, or though other means. He gave blood, and eventually, it returned to him one way or another, on and on, the cycle continued. Sometimes he felt inclined to take it back himself, or through Umbra and his knights; other times, he just had to wait and let the world return it to him.

Right now, it was a time of waiting, of learning, of watching. "I dare say, my lack of ties was almost my undoing. No god is, or should be, an island -- and now that I've arisen once more, I feel compelled to branch out further than I had in my ancient youth." Perhaps he'd been a fool before, perhaps he'd be one again -- but he was older now, and ready to try a new path, and see where it might get him.

Looking back at Ravnos, Sanguis gave a small, fanged smile. "Understandable enough. I don't expect to be remembered, or to have even been known -- I did not oft move around as freely as I do so now. The familiarity is quite old -- but then, there are eons of ancient names and faces in my memory, many of which are more like a passing dream, as blood moved through them. Perhaps I am mistaken," he confessed, little worried or concerned about such a thing. He was a god, but that did not make him faultless. As a vampire, Ravnos drank of blood at one time or another; and must well have been mortal at some point in his life. Though they may not have known one another personally, that did not mean Sanguis was not aware of the blood that once may have dripped through Ravnos' veins.

"But here I am, being a rude guest. An offering to you and yours, for your time, and your hospitality," he summoned forth a bottle of blood. "Freshly made, and I dare hope to your tastes," he spoke, sipping the blood-wine given him with relish. The blood within the crimson bottle was created from Sanguis himself, and would stay warm and fresh as if newly spilled from the throat, no matter how long the bottle or wine remained opened.

Seussi

Yayoi
I assume Ravnos was mortal at some point in his existence? Which I feel is how he's passingly familiar, albeit from ancient times ago. LOL If not, let me know, and I can edit/tweak.

Uta
Crew

Shy Mage

◕ Roleplay: Deity Temples

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas