Rein_Carnation

Crew

Devoted Werewolf

18,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 3:40 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

With her new Elder settling into her rank, Countess made a decision. The manse would be in capable hands as Aurora took Dia Chela under her wing to learn her role and responsibility. She was traversing to meet with a rumor circulating amongst the clans that signified the decrease of Power that once fully circulated with all the Disciples. As she reached that stopping point, her eyes narrowed. The truth was plain as it was written in her very being.

Caine was no longer overseeing the clans.

Hesitation was at best speaking in garbled tongues as she pushed through that unknown door leading her into a Temple, a mansion fit for a being of great power. Her beloved shadow, usually wrapped around her, seemed to quiver as if it were nervous. Countess stepped forward, her eyes on the decor as she moved eloquently down that vast hallway. As she moved downward, her journey ended, a door facing her with unknown intentions should she enter. Countess never backed down, nor did she seek out others unless it was warranted. Her elders were her mouthpieces along with their diligent senses Taking a calming breath to settle her shadow, her graceful fingers turned the door knob as the door slowly opened. Facing her investigative eyes was a fireplace in a waiting room with chairs and couches adorned with colorful throw pillows. While it wasn't her Manse drenched in the velvet purple shadows, it was comfortable. Choosing a couch with a velvet texture, she seated herself waiting for her audience.

Seussi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:35 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Countess would not need to wait long. She had barely found a place to sit when a gathering of shadows formed in the corner near the fireplace, an area that should have been well-lit but suddenly wasn't. From within those charcoal depths, the new and young Vampire God emerged, stepping into the light, his red eyes glowing softly as the shadows formed into multiple tendrils at his back.

"Countess." He greeted her with a nod of his head, moving toward her while one of his tendrils reached for a high-backed chair, grabbed it, and moved it in behind him so he could sit across from her.

"I did wonder if I would need to come and find you. How fortunate you have come to me find me instead." He grinned, showing sharp teeth, though something hard in his eyes didn't quite match the smile, as though warning her that she was in the presence of a God and he would not be messed with.

Malkav had tried that, and it hadn't turned out so well for him.

Rein_Carnationx

Seussi
Crew

Ice-Cold Hunter

Rein_Carnation

Crew

Devoted Werewolf

18,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:04 pm
Countess wasn't one bit surprised as Grendel made his entrance. She had wondered when he'd seek her out, though she was glad it wasn't during the "Mongrel Outbreak". A Black Spiral Dancer could be an ally. Yet, they can turn on you in a moment of hideous consequence. Whatever thought comes to mind couldn't help her burn the image out of her memories. She merely settled herself by letting pale fingers run over the soft fabric of her current seated preference.

"Things have been a little overwhelming within the Manse" she answered respectively, "I've been doing quite a bit of house cleaning". Her gaze seemed disgusted toward those words yet she tried her damned best to conceal that irritation. "I'm fortunate you didn't visit at such a trying time". She paused as her eyes looked into his, "I am definitely not a Dog person". She muttered then focused on Grendel, "I don't think you want to hear about house cleaning. Shall we discuss the real reason you desired to seek me out?"

Countess was never one for small talk or in-depth conversation. This particular meeting though caused her own desire to learn what Grendel was seeking out of her and the clan

Seussi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:40 pm
The God looked at her with eyes that burned with more than just power, forever wondering why several of the Disciple's seemed to have no idea what was going on around them. Were they so self-involved that they did not notice Caine's absence or that their power waned significantly without his bond? It was a curious thing and a slightly annoying one.

"You would be correct in that assumption." No, he did not care about house cleaning or dogs, though perhaps those were the things that had distracted her so much that she now did not even know why he had come to speak with her.

"Since I am quite busy, as it seems you have also been, I will keep it brief. You are no longer a Disciple of my father, Caine, and because of your lack of bond to a God, you are no longer as powerful as you once were, which means your entire clan is also weaker. I offer you a chance to become one of my Disciples." Something in his gaze turned dangerous, then. "Though you may also refuse, of course."

He very purposefully did not say what would happen should she decline.

Rein_Carnation

Seussi
Crew

Ice-Cold Hunter

Rein_Carnation

Crew

Devoted Werewolf

18,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:31 am
Finally, terms were spoken as answers must be spoken. Countess never desired being corned much less demanded. Yet, here she settled on her mindset accepting the inevitable. If she declined Caine's wrath was nothing compared to Grendel's gaze and terms of acceptance. If she accepted her clan within the shadows flourished, and continued to gather information one step above the others. Power essentially was the lifeblood of the ancient Disciple and her own ideals. Countess knew her answer before she stepped into the web she was now seated within. Much like the shadows it was intricate, well-woven, and thoroughly visible.

Countess merely kept her gaze on his own, two players of the same game. There seemed an eerie yet unsettling silence before she responded with his answer. A smile curved upon her lips, her composure bold with confidence, "I have willingly followed Caine for years as of now. In my response to you, I accept following you as you have offered." She then smiled with a glint in those dark orbs, "Besides, Change can and will be for the better".

She then awaited his own response, never once breaking eye contact.

Seussi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:08 am
"Good." Was the only response she would get, and with that single word, something heavy lifted in the air, the threat in his eyes melting away, and he moved toward her. She held his gaze, and he continued to hold hers, though his deep red eyes began to give off a soft glow as power gathered.

"This will only hurt if you fight against it. Better to give in and accept it." His smile was not quite reassuring, but it was still offered as he reached out to place a pale, clawed hand against her forehead.

She would feel power then, electrifying, burning power that soured through every fibre of her being before it funnelled together and made a beeline towards her core, her essence. It seared through whatever small tether she had with Caine was left, burning it away as a new bond took hold, a cord of power that latched itself to her and pulled taught.

A new connection to a new God. Power flowed through it, a gift from him to her and her clan. She would immediately feel that new strength to replace that which had been lost.

He pulled his hand away, eyes burning as bright as the sun, though that quickly dulled and faded.

"It is done." He said, his voice a deep growl. "Is there anything else I can do for you while I am here?"

He figured he might as well offer.

Rein_Carnation

Seussi
Crew

Ice-Cold Hunter

Rein_Carnation

Crew

Devoted Werewolf

18,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:56 pm
As he finally accepted her answer, an ominous presence of dread lifted. Countess dared not leave his gaze even if he softened his own. Gods were not to be meddled or trifled with, even in an urge to tempt fate as it presented itself. She took no solace in knowing this power returning would not be subdued. The pure power that darkness would wield indeed wouldn't be simple,e, like the p***k of a pin.

"Why would I ever be confrontational towards a gift you're to bestow upon me" she smiled as that raw power seeped into her fur, burrowing downward like a larva as it dug through her flesh. Countess couldn't help but gasp even in her attempt to quell such a feeling, the power she'd lost. She would have known things had changed if it weren't for those stupid mongrels. Eyes widening, she felt that power delving deep within until it reached her core. She felt the sensation of the connection to Caine stretching in the likeness of a rubber band. It pulled taunt then broke free, dissipating warily as Grendel's bond settled within, wrapping around her tightly, pulling taunt till she felt connected to his power as once before she had Caine.

Countess finally felt whole again, eager to return to the Manse. His question, though, made her pause in thought. She could have asked for anything her heart desired. But, with knowledge of her new elder, Dis Chela, the Countess knew things were in her paws now. She nodded as nobles do, a smile curving her darkened lips, "I do not believe there is anything I desire nor need at this point. Besides, I'm quite certain you are a busy deity overseeing all the clans. So I will leave you to your current obligations then".

She then rose to her feet as her shadow shited about her shoulders like a well-behaved pet, "I ask you if anything else is needed of myself or my clan?" Her eyes rested back upon his with a new power residing within. There were many things to discuss and enact when she returned to the Manse. Quietly, she awaited Grendel's answer before vanishing into the shadows themselves.

Seussi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:20 pm
"All vampires, not just the clans." He stated, his eyes narrowing slightly. Just because he had taken on the role that had formerly belonged to his Father did not mean he had abandoned the clanless vampires altogether. They were all his, all a part of his vast domain. As she stood to leave, he reached up to push back the hair that had fallen in front of his face, giving his head a minute shake.

"No. Not at the moment. Perhaps one day soon." Came his reply.

He waved a clawed hand, dismissing her.

Rein_Carnation

Seussi
Crew

Ice-Cold Hunter

◕ Roleplay: Vampires

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items