Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:15 pm
User Image

It hadn't been hard to find her. Omarosa. The vampire that had put a stake through Shamhat's heart and caused her decades-long torpor. The vampire that had convinced Ishtar that Shamhat had spurned her and gone to torpor to escape her. It had been just hurtful enough to believe. Omarosa's goal had been to attain power within the clan and perhaps she succeeded slightly. She'd been granted more rank but Ishtar didn't want to look upon the one that had brought such terrible news so Omarosa was sent away. Ishtar hadn't kept up on her whereabouts all those years, but she wasn't difficult to find. She, like Ishtar and Shamhat and countless others, was drawn to the massive party and remained behind with some new company she'd met. It wasn't difficult to find their love nest, a room at a nearby inn.

Ishtar was in the door and up the stairs before any of the mortals below could notice her. She found and broke in the door to Omarosa's room and stood in its shattered frame staring at the pair on the bed. Ishtar was locked on Omarosa and simply said "flee" to the other being whom she didn't bother to identify. Whoever they were grabbed their clothes and squeezed past Ishtar in the door. She could smell its fear, could taste its terror. A mortal. Pathetic. Her eyes remained locked on Omarosa's who stared back at her with fear as well-mixed with confusion.

She opened her mouth, presumably to ask why Ishtar was there but all she got out was "Why" before Ishtar cut short her unlife. As the light drained from her eyes Ishtar met her gaze and simply said "You know why." She let the body slump back onto the bed and finally took a breath, realizing she hadn't done so since leaving her room. Shamhat. Was she still there waiting for her? She hoped so. She wanted to bring her a gift. She bent over the corpse to retrieve what she wanted and then like a bolt was gone from the room, racing back to her home. She stopped before going all the way to her room, realizing what she must look like. She stepped into a bathroom and hastily patted down her hair and tried to clean up the smears of blood and makeup all over her face and hands. She tried to wipe off her clothes with a damp towel but only succeeded in smearing it. She sighed. This was as good as it was getting. She took another breath and composed herself.

She left the bathroom and walked confidently to her room, holding her breath as she rounded the doorframe and letting it out when she saw Shamhat still there. It seemed almost impossible. "You're here," she whispered as if anything louder might make Shamhat disappear. She moved towards the other vampire and offered out her closed hand. "I have a gift for you."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:04 am
User Image

When Shamhat beheld Ishtar covered in Omarosa's blood, there was a vulnerability in her eyes that was shocking. The antediluvian so rarely allowed her emotions to show so openly. Even now she didn't intend to reveal them. Yet... she had not thought Ishtar had cared enough to avenge her. No one had ever done anything like this for her. Not once in her life or unlife. Although Ishtar's feelings for her had once ran as deep as the ocean, even she had never before crossed this threshold. But here she was, extending her hand to offer Shamhat the world.

Or rather, her world, back again. Restored to before she'd believed Ishtar might have conspired to end her life. She hadn't wanted to believe it, but the words Omarosa had said had been convincing. The smell of Ishtar had been on her then, sending Shamhat's emotions roiling within her, distracting her enough that she hadn't been prepared for the blow. Even asleep she should have been able to respond, but not with her heart breaking. She'd thought she could never forget what Omarosa had whispered to her, and might go to her final death with that as her last memory.

Yet. Shamhat extended her hand, almost sure of what lay within Ishtar's own. It was the first sign of trust she had given her sire since... well. Centuries beyond counting. "For me?" she asked, her voice sounding odd to her own ears. "You did it." It was a statement, not a question, and she still could barely believe it. This was more than the jewels Ishtar had once lavished upon her. She waited, palm open, watching Ishtar.

Fatal Irony

Cheri

Crew

Interstellar Pirate

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:48 pm
There was something in Shamhat's eyes that she hadn't seen before and Ishtar knew a corner had been turned. Could they come back from everything after all? Centuries of misunderstanding and pain between them and yet with this simple gesture of her hand reaching out to accept her gift Ishtar felt the world slip away and the weight of all of her sins evaporated in that moment. She allowed the two small objects fall into Shamhat's open palm with a faint clacking as they bumped together. Small things that alone weighed nearly nothing and yet they bore the entirety of Ishtar's heart as they let loose from her hand. She watched Shamhat's face carefully. "These are nothing compared to the jewels and riches I have given you before, but they can be fashioned into a necklace," she said softly. It wasn't the sort of thing a vampire might wear normally, but Shamhat was so powerful none could take issue and even if they did Ishtar would put an end to any problems. To wear another vampire's fangs was a bit taboo in most circles and an open threat in others. She suddenly felt like this was a stupid idea. "Or I can have a fine box made to display them in your room," she shrugged, feeling suddenly naked under the gaze of her former lover. And not in the fun way. She dropped to the floor before Shamhat, exhausted and pleading. "I have made a lot of mistakes and there is so much to atone for. But I need you to know that I would never allow harm to come to you." Except when she turned the other woman into a vampire. A sin she could never correct. "I know I could never ask you to love me as you once did, but could you at least stand beside me in the clan? We made all of this together," she gestured around. Shamhat had helped her found Daeva and build this entire network of places they could go. Even if she wouldn't take Ishtar back she deserved to be with her clan. Ishtar was done taking things from her. All she wanted was to give her the world at her feet if that was Shamhat's desire. The years without her truly made the heart grow fonder, she mused silently. She'd had dalliances, flings, even one relationship where she might have loved the other, but nothing was ever so powerful as Shamhat's presence. She was tired of the endless trail of conquests. Her heart knew what it truly wanted. "Shamhat I would turn the rivers red with blood for you. I would conquer this entire world for you. I would walk out into the sun for you. I hope this gift proves my devotion."
She blinked up at her from the floor, breath caught in her chest.

Cheri

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:15 am

Shamhat had forgotten how to breathe. Her heart was in her throat, tears streaming down her cheeks as she suddenly brought her hands up to hide her face, one clenched around the fangs. "Ish... do you know what you are asking of me?" But oh... if she could trust. She gulped. For all that terror gripped her at the idea of letting this woman back into her life, back into her heart... she couldn't look away. "Can you truly promise me that you won't break my heart again?" she asked, but gods, she loved Ishtar. Hated herself, almost, for loving her... but she loved her. Couldn't deny it. Couldn't escape it. There had never been a love like theirs, not in all of time.

It was such a sad love. She wanted to be happy again. Happy, and with Ishtar. Could she dare? Seeing the Disciple on her knees, seeing her practically groveling, her heart melted a little. "Promise me," she whispered, just this side of a hysterical sob. "Promise me. Promise me you won't hurt me anymore." That she wouldn't break her trust, so fragile. It was a butterfly's wing, a whisper of hope. A dream that was too beautiful and too terrible to be believed.

"You know I would die for you," she confessed. "Didn't I, already?" Yet. She was so afraid. So full of longing. Reconciling those two feelings together was the task of a lifetime. "There is no clan, no home, without you. I don't think I could bear to be there and watch you with others. You would have to be devoted." It was a desperate plea, whatever the form it took or seemed to take. She stared down at Ishtar, her ruby eyes full of hope and fear, uncertain but yearning.

Fatal Irony

Cheri

Crew

Interstellar Pirate

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:19 pm

She knew the request before it was made, the centuries-long request for fidelity. Ishtar had been weak, time and again, consumed by her Lust, her defining vice. A fitting word, for resisting it felt like being crushed in a vice and release was only offered when giving in. Could she make this promise? Could she go against her own nature to devote herself to Shamhat entirely? She couldn't speak the words lightly. She had to mean them with all of her being. She had to be worthy of Her. If it was Ishtar's nature that was the problem, she silently vowed to find a way to change her very nature.

"You are my home," she said, her hands on Shamhat's lap, her eyes pleading up into Shamhat's face, so delicate in this moment. "I would burn the world down for you," she said earnestly. "There is nothing I would deny you and so I vow to you there will be no Others. There will be none but you for me for the rest of time." Her own eyes were welling with tears, her heart aching with need of Shamhat and with the weight of this promise. To deny her nature meant a lot of pain for Ishtar but she would endure it. Until she could find a new way to live.

She reached for Shamhats face, gently brushing away her tears while her own spilled over down her own cheeks.

"Can you accept me? Will you be mine again?"

Cheri

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:01 pm

The fangs in Shamhat's hand dug into her skin until she felt a sharp sting and a trickle of blood. Ironic that after all this time Ishtar's gift would inadvertently hurt her - as if the vampire's fury extended from beyond the grave. The blood trickled down her hand and dripped onto her lap. She ignored it. So intense was Shamhat's focus on Ishtar. Nothing and no one else mattered. Every word drew a sharp breath. Could Ishtar do as she promised?

Nothing would make Shamhat happier than being within Ishtar's embrace once again. Than being together, eternally. Oh how she loved her sire. She had never loved another in all of her long life. Even as a priestess in Ishtar's temple she had devoted herself solely to Ishtar. The day had come that Ishtar had changed her life forever, and had stolen from her the hope of ever having a mortal lineage. But even that she could forgive. Theirs could be an immortal one.

If only Ishtar could be loyal. Shamhat watched Ishtar, tears shimmering in her eyes. Seeping down her cheeks in a crimson trail. "If you can promise me loyalty, everlasting, then you know my heart is yours. In truth, it is yours whether you will or not. But I cannot promise you myself without knowing you would do this for me. So be sure your vow is true. If you love me... be my mate. Prove it to me." Before Grendel himself.

She flinched as Ishtar reached out to brush her cheek, but then leaned into the touch. "I will only be yours on the condition that I am your mate eternal." Nothing less than that would be permitted. Her heart could not bear it. It had broken so many times over, the betrayal evident in the children Ishtar had left behind. The evidence of her infidelity. Oh, how many times had Shamhat wished for Ishtar's children herself? Only to find upon awakening that she had been replaced so many times over.

Fatal Irony

Cheri

Crew

Interstellar Pirate

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:21 pm

In centuries past the promises would have spilled from her lips in waves, knowing deep down she could never keep them. This was different. She wanted to mean it. She wanted to keep this promise. She was silent for a while, gazing up at Shamhat's face from her spot on the floor, her hands resting on Shamhat's lap. The thought of how ridiculous she must look now, on her knees before her lesser- dirty, and bloody, and tear-stained- oozed across her brain but she pushed it back. This was not some minor vampire vying for attention. This was SHAMHAT. Ishtar wanted to be true to her, she knew in her bones but her vices were a problem. Luckily she had heard rumblings of a new Vampire God looking for support. Perhaps he could give her the power to overcome her nature and keep her promises.

She looked into Shamhat's eyes and took one of her hands in hers. "I swear to you that you will be the only one to share my bed from now until eternity, my Love." She said it seriously, sincerely. She meant it with all of her being. She felt hopeful, but then she always did at this part of their dance. She had to work to change the steps and break this cycle. Whatever doubts she had about that were shoved away as she squeezed Shamhat's hand. She was real, she was alive (in all the ways that mattered), and she was here with Ishtar once more. She took one of her hands and slide it up Shamhat's thigh gently, testing the waters.

Cheri

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:38 pm

A single delicately curved brow raised at Ishtar's words. They were not the words she had asked for, not the declaration she needed to soothe her broken heart. Ishtar clearly thought she was being very clever, hemming around the edges of that promise. But Shamhat had been to final death's door and back. Then, the Disciple had the sheer audacity to slide her hand up her thigh. No declaration of matehood... and a grope? Who did Ishtar think Shamhat was? Did she think Shamhat made of weak stuff, easily swayed as all that? And without the promises that would make all right again?

No. Shamhat stood up, blood dripping from her clutched hand. She held the fangs all the tighter now. "I asked if you would be my mate. Not if I would be the only one in your bed. We have done this song and dance many times before. I will not give way. It's all or nothing. Either you are my mate and I accept you back into my heart and my bed, or you are not... and we are nothing more to each other than Disciple and Antediluvian. And that is all we will ever be to one another, ever again. I will accept nothing less than a full commitment. You know me better than to think me so easily swayed." She held the Disciple's gaze, surprisingly calm. "And you will have to get used to the idea that I might have a mate who is not you, if you choose not to accept me as your mate."

Fatal Irony

Cheri

Crew

Interstellar Pirate

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:51 pm

She was shocked. As Shamhat stood and pulled away from her Ishtar's arms fell limply to her sides. She blinked up at Shamhat, taking in her irritation and words, which cut like a knife. This was already hard and she felt out of her depth somehow. She remained on the floor, staring up at her Antediluvian amid the wreckage of the room. She glanced around at the scene and the destruction, the blood on her garments that she'd hastily tried to clean, the broken furniture and glass around the floor. This was not at all how she might have pictured Shamhat's return. She wanted kisses and dancing and a party to end all parties that would shake Faetasia to its core! But here she was fumbling her chance like an idiot. Did she truly have what it takes to keep Shamhat? She wanted to find out, that's all she knew.

"There could never be any mate but you, my love," she said quietly, looking at her hands. They had been bloodied in the rampage earlier, but of course there was nothing on them to mark the violence. She looked back at Shamhat. "I will take you as my mate, of course I will. I have lived without you for so long and yet the thought of another second without you is unbearable. I could never walk this path without you by my side in all ways. Please Shamhat, be my mate," she was pleading now, reaching to Shamhat from the floor.

Cheri

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:59 pm

All at once, the world seemed to move, everything locking into place as if intended for just this purpose alone. As the ground around her seemed to move, Shamhat sank to the floor, finding Ishtar there. Her open hand reached out to caress Ishtar's face, and then to find her seeking hand. She held it, wondering. All was as it should be. The weight of that promise kept her on her knees. "Good. Then it is decided. Mates forever." Forever and always. Shamhat tucked the fangs away between her breasts, the only place she had to keep them, and then reached out with her bloodied hand to take Ishtar's chin in her hand.

The world stood still. Time lapsed, unnoticed. Her lips descended on Ishtar's, the first kiss in a millennia. She would walk this path with Ishtar, without regrets, if they were to be mates. Ishtar had given her word and Shamhat took that as a solemn promise. No matter what, no matter how hard that word might be to keep, she would hold her to it. "Of course I will be your mate," she said, her lips less than an inch from Ishtar's own. Then she kissed her again, holding her close. Tears of joy mingled with those of pain, spilling down her cheeks without cease.

Fatal Irony

Cheri

Crew

Interstellar Pirate

◕ Roleplay: Vampires

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out