Welcome to Gaia! ::

Faekat Adoption Agency

Back to Guilds

Faekat Guild 

Tags: Faekat, breedables 

Reply ✚ Archived Event Threads
Concept Contest: Toreador Disciple of Grendel (Closed)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Faekat Adoption Agency
Crew

Muscular Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:14 pm
DISCIPLES OF GRENDEL: TOREADOR

Times are changing. Powers are shifting. And a new guard takes over for the old.

User Image
[Toreador Disciple by Cheri]

This is a roleplay contest to win the Disciple of Grendel for Clan Toreador These vampires are not newly created; they are ancient, recently-awakened vampires who are being given new power by the Vampire God, Grendel.

This particular disciple is premade: one of our colorists has designed him and you’ll get to create his personality!

The contest will last until 11:59 PM PST on January 20th.

Below, you’ll find the nitty gritty!

Rules:

• Only post once
• Please only enter if you do not currently own a Disciple of Grendel
• Do not deter others from entering
• Fill out the form completely
• You may edit your entry up until the end
• I reserve the right to choose no winner
• Please be aware that there will be plotting and RP in the future

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:15 pm
Clan Information:

The Toreador are a clan of vampires known for being some of the most beautiful, sensual, seductive, emotional and glamorous of the Kindred. The Degenerates are responsible for the legends of vampires who seduce and entice their prey with beauty, love and sensuality. Famous and infamous as a clan of artists and innovators, they are one of the bastions of the Camarilla, as their very survival depends on the facades of civility and grace on which the sect prides itself.

It is said that while the Ventrue are the mind of the Camarilla, the Toreador are its soul. It was one of their number, Rafael de Corazón, who was instrumental in its formation. The Toreador are the greatest supporters of many of the Camarilla's traditions, most notably that of Elysium. This is where the Toreador are in their element, showcasing their latest pieces and practicing their highly effective (and sometimes deadly) form of social maneuvering. From the outside, most other Clans think of one face of the Toreador, but see another. When speaking of them to another, most envision Toreador as the Artistes – billowy shirted, frock-coated fops who crow about the beauty of the ages and lamenting their lost humanity. In reality, outsiders are less likely to meet such characters, given as they are to sequestering themselves away to work on their latest masterpiece. Far more often encountered are those Toreador whose unlives have become dedicated to the Kindred social scene – Toreador are often a large contingent of the city's Harpies, and having spent years with their bitchy and conniving clanmates they are more than capable of ruining someone's reputation with a pithy comeback or a damning piece of gossip whispered in just the right ear.

For more information, see the Clan Vampires List and the White Wolf Wiki (though keep in mind that not everything in White Wolf canon is Faekats canon!)

The Prompt:

The new God of Vampires had grown impatient.

By now, he knew which Disciples were loyal to him and which were not. He also knew who had fallen into torpor for far too long and who had come to meet their final death. Many needed to be replaced, and he had done his due diligence, seeking out the most ancient and powerful vampires each clan had to offer and watching them from the shadows, weighing their calibre.

Eventually, he made his decision.

Grendel approached the ancient vampire in whatever place they would typically haunt, knowing exactly where they would be. He wore his shadows like a hooded cloak that billowed out behind him, the shadows beneath his feet writhing like a thousand tentacles along the ground where he stepped. Red eyes burned within the shaded darkness cast by the hood like glowing embers, illuminating a pale face. His long red hair hung in an intricate braid nearly to his feet, decorated with ornaments of black and gold. He did not hide who he was. The extent of his power was a wild and untethered thing that he allowed to permeate the air around him.

He came to stand in front of the vampire he sought, allowing them a moment to recognize just who he was before he spoke.

“I have been watching you for some time and have come to offer you a position of great power and importance.” He paused to allow them to respond if they wished, his narrowed eyes began to burn brighter as he flashed the vampire before him a sharp-toothed grin. “You will become the leader of your clan as one of my Disciples. You do not need to decide immediately, I will give you a few moments to think it over, but this offer does expire. If you do not want it, I am sure that there are many others who do.”

The vampire is left to mull it over, the God seemingly content to occupy himself with other things for a time. Eventually, Grendel would return to await the vampire's response.

The Form:

[align=center][b]Owner Username:[/b] Name Here
[b]Tell us a bit about your RP style:[/b] (What types of plots/RP's/etc. do you prefer to play? Any hard no's? Anything you'd like to get more into?)
[b]Why does this particular Disciple appeal to you?:[/b]
[b]Vampire’s Name:[/b] (You gotta name ‘em)
[b]Vampire’s Personality:[/b] (Tell us some about your Disciple! What are they like?)
[b]Motivations and Goals:[/b] (What do they intend to do with their newfound power and leadership position?)
[b]Prompt Response:[/b] (Reply to the RP prompt as your Disciple. How do they feel about Grendel’s offer? Why are they accepting? Do they have any particular ambitions for their new power?)[/align]

Faekat Adoption Agency
Crew

Muscular Member

Uta
Crew

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:32 pm
Owner Username: Uta
Tell us a bit about your RP style: I tend to be a bit of a rambler when it comes to RP, but it's just my style, and how I learn about my characters. I've been RPing since 13, almost daily. I'm always open to plots of any stripe -- I find that while a lot of folks in the B/C enjoy ships (myself included) I also enjoy relationships that are strictly platonic. I think the Vampire Clans have a great potential for figuring out relationships between one another, as well as other clans. That said, I can be a bit of a slow RPer. I run another shop in the B/C, and my worklife tends to leave me a bit of a zombie -- however, I'm always eager for stories and to tag.

There really isn't any type of plot or story I wouldn't be interested in, up to and including a permanent demise or tragedy. While I don't usually axe my characters without a really good story, I'm not entirely against it either, if it fits. Not every story is meant to last forever and can give rise to tasty plots. It just depends on the story, where it goes, and how things happen.

Overall, I'll write just about anything with anyone, from a standard meet-and-greet while we hash out how personalities mesh, to something more in-depth that will take longer to build up.

I would love to get into some larger stories. Particularly with the Toreador, who are wildly passionate, yes, but also highly social. If they're not obsessing over their muses, they have always been known to be hot-to-trot, fashionable, and social. They know the ins- and outs- of the world, and a clique of Toreador would be amazing.

Why does this particular Disciple appeal to you?: This Disciple appeals to me on a few levels. My first introduction to White Wolf was playing a Toreador. Unfortunately, I was in a campaign where the DM wanted to do absolutely nothing with social stats or intrigue. I've never been able to play another, and am ver partial to this class because the shallow, Libra, artist in me feels a bit of kinship with them.

Aesthetically, an artist, and one decked out in black and rainbow, is entirely my jam. I'm not sure if his colors are paint or marking, but he's fantastic regardless.

Vampire’s Name: Caius
Vampire’s Personality: Caius might be ancient, but like any good Toreador, he has kept up with the changes of the world, as well as the latest fashions. Makeup, clothing, sculpting, painting -- these are all used to express himself, as well as to create social commentary on the world, and the Masquerade surrounding him. His life is both pain and pleasure, and he is more than happy to seduce others into the degenerates games.

Artistry aside, Caius is a vain creature, and could be considered shallow, at that. He loves beauty, as any Toreador might, and has little trouble casting quick judgment on those who fail to meet his standards. Beauty in everything, is his motto, and he does his best to live it. While he might not like the grotesque or those who are plain, he has lived long enough to know that such shameful things have a purpose -- to all the better highlight the beauty that surrounds them. That said, he is old enough to understand the art of tact -- he is all smiles, all honeyed-sweetness, and rarely is a negative word heard that isn't in a private conversation. He knows the power of tact, and know how to use and manipulate those around him to his best advantage.

Generally speaking, Caius is a social-butterfly. He prides himself in getting along with many, even those he disagrees with. He has a love for fine things, is a great benefactor of the arts, and has great pride in terms of rubbing elbows with mortals on the regular. He is not so proud, even if many out there are well beneath him. However, Caius is not to be trifled with, and his friendship could just as easily be turned on in an instance. During his youth he might have been thought of as flighty, but with age and power and time, he might instead be called a mercurial being, whose favor might dry up as quickly as the acrylics on canvas.

He is less catty than some of the youth, having outgrown some of it with age and experience. He also has more of an open mind than some of his fellow ancients. However, he has not forgotten nor likely forgiven those who have slighted him or his kin. There are plenty he would happily see fail or meet their Final Death, some of whom he smiles readily at, and might even call friend.

As it is, Caius enjoys the games of social propriety, though with the title of Disciple, he may become less a player and more an observer, to see which Guilds and circles rise up, and which ones fall and fail. There will be other muses to catch his eye as a Disciple, and he is certain that such power and prestige will open new doors for him and the clan. He is here to serve Grendel's wishes, but also here to ensure the Toreador's power and influence grows.

Motivations and Goals: Some might write the Toreador off, but Caius can't help but revel in their power; one small word, one gesture, one remark, might be the demise of another. Power doesn't always require brute strength; the pen, as they say, is mightier than the sword. With his newfound power, he hopes to help grow the clan, and showcase their skills. Some might write them off as being obsessive degenerates, but Caius knows the true power of the clan.

He might well try to stop some of the infighting that's known to happen among the Toreador -- even as his position might flame the fans of it, given his opinions and beliefs in what makes art art.

I could see him also wanting to build more safe-havens and larger, more spectacular places for Elysium. Sure, it's self-serving as the Toreador have always reveled in the tradition, but perhaps a few more hubs on Faetasia would be beneficial for all.

... he also really wants to paint Grendel. Probably Ravnos too. You can't blame the fellow for being inspired, can you? A god comes down from on high, can you expect a Toreador not to find a new muse?

Prompt Response: "Stop, darling, freeze," the words fell from his lips before he could stop them. It was less a command, and more a carnal plea, one born out of pure passion -- for the way the light hit the god, the way the shadows fell off his form and tangled, and writhed around him struck Caius as something beautiful. "Hold that pose," he half begged.

It wasn't just Grendel's power, though the feel of his godliness was enough to make any vampire, of any age, or experience, feel as if they were nothing more potent than worms within the earth. It wasn't simply because he was, as a god, perfection incarnate -- no, it was more than that. Before him was a living masterpiece, and Caius could only drink in the vision, even as his hands scrambled to find brush and canvas. Art above, this was not a moment he wished to forget, and he knew, if he did not get the others likeness down now, he would waste away trying to mimic such beauty. Even now, Caius knew he would fail to throw paint on canvas perfectly -- but his obsession, his muse, did not care for such things. He was old, ancient even, and had felt the push and pull of the muses throughout the centuries. He'd even spent some time suffering burnout, before crawling his way back to his social circles and his cliques, finding new inspiration in his paintings depicting the suffering souls of those who lived at the very bottom.

But Grendel, all power, here in his presence? This was a new type of art, and beauty was too ugly and basic a word to describe the vision before him.

Art was life, and for an undead being, he couldn't help but be consumed by it. However, Caius was older than some of those in his Clan, and it took great restraint to force himself to stop throwing the reds and blacks and greys on the canvas. "Your terrible beauty, your power, your presence-- how could one not be moved?" He asked, not quite a question for the god, but truly inquiring that of the world around them.

He was but a slave to his muses, after all... but that did not mean he could not fight them from time to time.

Purple and teal eyes tore away from the canvas -- Caius had not forgotten the reason for the God's visit, and did not wish to offend. Even as he'd painted, he'd pondered the words, the offering. His vanity couldn't help but be stroked as Grendel sought him out, had confessed to watching him. He had toiled and worked hard; he might have run into burn out, might have had to claw his way back up the ranks over the centuries -- but he had done so, and was all the stronger for it. There was art, not just in canvas, and clay, but in classes, and cliques -- and to be offered to be a Disciple -- well -- what Toreador would turn such an offer down?

On the other hand, he was no fool. Everybody had and angle, and that must include the great Grendel. While the offering was all things temptation, Caius wasn't ready to simply agree without giving it good thought -- no matter the time limit placed by the other. What were a few moments to an immortal being? To Caius, they were imperative -- just as paint often dried a different color than when it was first applied, so Caius needed that time to think.

"I am sure many would have claimed it immediately, without a moment's thought, especially among my kith and kin," he mused, watching the way Grendel's shadows twisted and formed. How terrible. How beautiful. How he wished to study the god further, and continue his artistry. "The offering is deliciously tempting, but good art must never be rushed."

So it was, Grendel left him to consider his offer. Caius had questions, of course... but did those questions outweigh the he offer? What would Grendel ask of him specifically? And how might Clan Toreador, best serve his interests? In fact, what were the interests of a vampire god, anyway? What sort of trick might lie behind the offer? Not, of course, that Caius was wary -- but it did require valuable thought.

Then again, if he didn't take the offer, who in the Clan would? How Caius snarled at the thought of some of the most gauche and obnoxious members. Pour painters; techno musicians, modern art. Bah. Some had embraced the newer works, and while Caius didn't take offense to all the new media, he much preferred more tangible arts, such as paints, sculpture, and fashion. If he did not accept the offer, than who would? Some other upstart in his circle? Or some of his old rivals? While the Toreador were known for their social graces, there was no denying the cattiness and pettiness that ran through their undead hearts. Jealousy, envy, and a need to climb his way up the most elite of his kin helped him secure an answer -- for while he had questions, it was better to accept than not.

He had lived a long life. What new inspirations and gossip would arise with him at the helm, and as a Disciple of the God? What new muses might he or the Clan discover, with all this newfound power? And what might he finally be able to achieve? There was much he wanted to do, new galleries to create, new places to build Elysium. To finally be recognized for what he was worth... and to be able to help bring the Toreador into a brighter, more fantastic future?

By the time Grendel returned, he had his answer. "You make an offer no Toreador could refuse," he finally spoke, dipping his head to the god. His smile was sincere though, his fangs gleaming beneath his painted black lips. "And I am, if nothing else, a Toreador. I accept, though I do have questions. Do you have time for a bit of brunch, darling?" Though his painting was not finished, he would slave over it in days to come, as the muses gripped him.

Besides, becoming a Disciple had another perk. Perhaps, with time, he might get closer to capturing even a fraction of the red-head's prowess in some tangible, physical medium.

He had a new muse now.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:27 am
Owner Username: belloblossom
Tell us a bit about your RP style: I've roleplaying for years and my tastes have stayed primarily consistent in what I enjoy writing: romance, drama and tragedy. I've been told in the past that my characters are one's that my readers can emotionally relate to, which is a point of pride of mine. Whether it's 1x1s or group RPs, I like my characters to stir the pot when it comes to introducing drama - though I make sure to ask permission from any RP hosts before I do. Comedy is something I would like to expand into a little - jokes written down are a little tricky for me to distinguish without the use of italics, so it would be fun to expand. Character development is something that makes me really happy too, and I've been working to slow down the pace of my romantic roleplays/stories, making them more slow burn rather than "love at first sight."
Why does this particular Disciple appeal to you?: I have to admit, his rainbow and black colors combo is a big part of the pull I have for him. He was the first vampire I saw from this event and he captured my interest immediately. I was intimidated when I saw all the plotting that might come with disciples, but I keep coming back to this contest. I'm ready to take up the challenge of a plot heavy character - and I think this good-looking fella can be my introduction into the shop and the vampire lore.
Vampire’s Name: Through the ages, he's gone through so many names - after all, you can't very well call yourself Reynard when there are Eric's walking around. Well, you could, to be quirky, but this ancient chooses to change his names to fit the changing times. Sometimes he's clever about it, sometimes he chooses his newest name on a whim. He changes them out every fifty something years or so.
The name he is currently going under is Lovelace, though even then he prefers to be called 'Luv'.
Vampire’s Personality: Lovelace is all about innovation. He follows new trends, however bizarre they may be and is a lover of the unusual and abstract. He has a deep love of art mediums that last, but he understands that art is ever changing and so he is determined to be as well. He is a fashionista, never wearing the same outfit twice in the same order. He'll streak color through his dark hair and about his fur. It's hard to say which are his natural markings and which is a color chalk he's rolled in. He fancies himself an art collector and the gallery in which the art is collected is the world around him.

Lovelace is not particularly discerning when it comes to good artwork versus bad artwork, but he is superficial enough to see conventional beauty as the standard in faekats - though even that differs on what the current century defines as "beautiful." He cares a great deal about how other artists see him - he wants to impress others as much as he wants to be impressed by others. He is much more involved with artists of the modern times, but will appreciate an older member who still likes weaving colored baskets from plants, or painting on tiles or the like.

Above all else, he considers himself an artist - naturally and obviously. He is his own harshest critic while he knows that his art is beautiful and inspired - even he, an ancient of the Toreador gets artist's block. This period can last anywhere from a few hours to a decade. He tends to bring about destruction in his attempts to find inspiration, but what's more frightening is when he finds actually finds it again. He'll go into an absolute frenzy, hyper-focusing on this new inspiration, this new muse, this new passion! Until he gets tired of it, and the cycle starts over again.
Motivations and Goals: He aims to create great works to stun the masses - and with his newfound power and leadership, Lovelace wants to bring in artists of his Clan (and embrace new budding artists into his family) to accomplish this. It will start with local community projects, but it will grow into larger projects as his reach extends. He is secretly hoping that one of his followers will make him his own shrine or monument, but he'll never say that properly aloud.
Prompt Response: Lovelace had been trying to get his god's attention for weeks now, splattering his god's name on walls in bright neon paints, crafting large sculptures in Grendel's likeness, performing ballads in hopes of getting his attention once more. He hadn't needed the time to consider the offer of becoming a Disciple, yet it had been given anyway and Lovelace was determined to give his answer back as soon as he could.

One night, when the stars were especially bright and the moon painted the word in monochrome silvers with traces of blue, he finally got a reply. He was practically bouncing on his heels with excitement. His fingers twitched eagerly, wanting to get his hands on a lump of clay to mold, for he was too agitated in this moment to have the precision needed for the delicate handling of a painted portrait. Even as his god approached, he could not keep himself still, dropping into a low bow, bending at the waist and then popping back up like a kat-in-the-box toy.

"I accept!" He said. "I shall be your Disciple and I shall create art and inspire our Clan to do the same!" He wondered if that was enough. "We shall create in your name and in your honor, Your Greatness, Your Majesty, Your Artistry! Entrust me in this task and you will see more beauty and creativity in the world than ever before." He was beginning to ramble, so he bowed again to prevent him from speaking further. He did not want to offend his god, he wanted to impress him. He was so desperate to impress him. "I accept, if you will still have me." Lovelace added, in a more serious tone. Did that do it? Was that enough? He could only hope, could only pray, even if Grendel, standing before him, was the one he was praying to.

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Random Nobody 13

Lupine Superfan

13,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:54 pm
Owner Username:
Random Nobody 13
Tell us a bit about your RP style:
I enjoy having rps that have a goal, somewhere they're going to end. If its just a fluff piece it's harder for me to keep the muse engaged. I try to match the energy of my partner(s) in terms of replies. I'm a bit rusty so it might take me a post or three to get my writing muscles flexed out enough that I might be satisfied with what I'm giving out. I also tend to be a bit on the slower side. I've gotten a new job and it's sucking a lot of time and energy out of me while I settle into the rhythms of it.

Why does this particular Disciple appeal to you?:
I've always loved the toreador clan. Artistic fae in search of that next muse/delight/hedonistic pleasure? Sounds fun to me. He in particular caught my eye first of the disciples with a semi-muse who couldn't settle on a name.

Vampire’s Name:
Goes by Circe at this time, but he's had many over the years, whenever he finds something he likes better.

Vampire’s Personality:
Circe has done just about every artistic endeavor one can do in his long lifetime. Some muses were fickle and once he'd dipped his toes in so to speak he tossed them away for good and some return in the least expected way. He's more than willing to indulge younger fae in trying out the newest and greatest of things and while he does he learns more about you than you think you ever revealed to him. While he may never use the knowledge, what better way to know your clan in and out than to know what makes your clan members tick?

Circe likes to lead conversations to learn more about the other fae and do so in such a way that you feel he's a good friend. It might not occur to them that they don't know much about him at all.

Motivations and Goals:
Circe wants to indulge in all of lifes pleasures as much as he can for as long as he can. Knowing all the hottest gossip and finding the best sources of inspiration requires an excellent network and cooperation among the clan. He wants to get the Toreador aligned so they're all facing the same direction and dig their claws in deeper into Faetasia. All so that they can reap the benefits of such a thing happening. Benefit his clan and you benefit him, what is there to lose?

More safe heavens for vampires of the camarilla is the first step, new art galleries and lounges, secret speakeasys and studios. All places for Toreador to do what toreador do best.

Prompt Response:

Awakening to an entirely new god had been a surprise that he hadn't seen coming. Inspiration had grabbed him by the throat and Circe had been knee-deep in the act of creation for long enough that he wasn't sure how long it'd truly been when Grendel's presence broke the spell. Circe had been covered in some medium of color for so long that no one quite knew whether that color was his fur or just the effects of his latest muse.

Like a swimmer at the end of a race, Circe surfaced with an inaudible gasp. Heterochromatic eyes soaked in the sight of Grendel, darting to and fro so as not to miss a thing about this moment. Behind him, paint fresh on the canvas, was splashed with the reds and blacks of Grendel. Chest heaving as he drew in unneeded breath, Circe drew himself up and like a switch had been flicked the mania that had gripped him was gone.

Disciple? Over the entirety of Toreador? Circe settled back and nodded slowly as Grendel spoke of returning. There was much to think on and start if Circe was to be disciple. First things first the barely finished painting was tossed aside and a fresh canvas was placed before him. It would be fitting to have a present ready for the god when the time came to accept his new position. With a grin Circe put paw to painting, it was going to be a new beginning for quite a few of clans he suspected.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:22 pm
Congratulations on your new Disciple!
After much deliberation, we felt your entry was perfect for this role and we look forward to seeing what you do with the character in the future. heart

Please take them here for certing and be sure to pick a clan-specific spec for them from the provided list. If you need assistance don't hesitate to ask staff.

Uta
Owner Username: Uta
Tell us a bit about your RP style: I tend to be a bit of a rambler when it comes to RP, but it's just my style, and how I learn about my characters. I've been RPing since 13, almost daily. I'm always open to plots of any stripe -- I find that while a lot of folks in the B/C enjoy ships (myself included) I also enjoy relationships that are strictly platonic. I think the Vampire Clans have a great potential for figuring out relationships between one another, as well as other clans. That said, I can be a bit of a slow RPer. I run another shop in the B/C, and my worklife tends to leave me a bit of a zombie -- however, I'm always eager for stories and to tag.

There really isn't any type of plot or story I wouldn't be interested in, up to and including a permanent demise or tragedy. While I don't usually axe my characters without a really good story, I'm not entirely against it either, if it fits. Not every story is meant to last forever and can give rise to tasty plots. It just depends on the story, where it goes, and how things happen.

Overall, I'll write just about anything with anyone, from a standard meet-and-greet while we hash out how personalities mesh, to something more in-depth that will take longer to build up.

I would love to get into some larger stories. Particularly with the Toreador, who are wildly passionate, yes, but also highly social. If they're not obsessing over their muses, they have always been known to be hot-to-trot, fashionable, and social. They know the ins- and outs- of the world, and a clique of Toreador would be amazing.

Why does this particular Disciple appeal to you?: This Disciple appeals to me on a few levels. My first introduction to White Wolf was playing a Toreador. Unfortunately, I was in a campaign where the DM wanted to do absolutely nothing with social stats or intrigue. I've never been able to play another, and am ver partial to this class because the shallow, Libra, artist in me feels a bit of kinship with them.

Aesthetically, an artist, and one decked out in black and rainbow, is entirely my jam. I'm not sure if his colors are paint or marking, but he's fantastic regardless.

Vampire’s Name: Caius
Vampire’s Personality: Caius might be ancient, but like any good Toreador, he has kept up with the changes of the world, as well as the latest fashions. Makeup, clothing, sculpting, painting -- these are all used to express himself, as well as to create social commentary on the world, and the Masquerade surrounding him. His life is both pain and pleasure, and he is more than happy to seduce others into the degenerates games.

Artistry aside, Caius is a vain creature, and could be considered shallow, at that. He loves beauty, as any Toreador might, and has little trouble casting quick judgment on those who fail to meet his standards. Beauty in everything, is his motto, and he does his best to live it. While he might not like the grotesque or those who are plain, he has lived long enough to know that such shameful things have a purpose -- to all the better highlight the beauty that surrounds them. That said, he is old enough to understand the art of tact -- he is all smiles, all honeyed-sweetness, and rarely is a negative word heard that isn't in a private conversation. He knows the power of tact, and know how to use and manipulate those around him to his best advantage.

Generally speaking, Caius is a social-butterfly. He prides himself in getting along with many, even those he disagrees with. He has a love for fine things, is a great benefactor of the arts, and has great pride in terms of rubbing elbows with mortals on the regular. He is not so proud, even if many out there are well beneath him. However, Caius is not to be trifled with, and his friendship could just as easily be turned on in an instance. During his youth he might have been thought of as flighty, but with age and power and time, he might instead be called a mercurial being, whose favor might dry up as quickly as the acrylics on canvas.

He is less catty than some of the youth, having outgrown some of it with age and experience. He also has more of an open mind than some of his fellow ancients. However, he has not forgotten nor likely forgiven those who have slighted him or his kin. There are plenty he would happily see fail or meet their Final Death, some of whom he smiles readily at, and might even call friend.

As it is, Caius enjoys the games of social propriety, though with the title of Disciple, he may become less a player and more an observer, to see which Guilds and circles rise up, and which ones fall and fail. There will be other muses to catch his eye as a Disciple, and he is certain that such power and prestige will open new doors for him and the clan. He is here to serve Grendel's wishes, but also here to ensure the Toreador's power and influence grows.

Motivations and Goals: Some might write the Toreador off, but Caius can't help but revel in their power; one small word, one gesture, one remark, might be the demise of another. Power doesn't always require brute strength; the pen, as they say, is mightier than the sword. With his newfound power, he hopes to help grow the clan, and showcase their skills. Some might write them off as being obsessive degenerates, but Caius knows the true power of the clan.

He might well try to stop some of the infighting that's known to happen among the Toreador -- even as his position might flame the fans of it, given his opinions and beliefs in what makes art art.

I could see him also wanting to build more safe-havens and larger, more spectacular places for Elysium. Sure, it's self-serving as the Toreador have always reveled in the tradition, but perhaps a few more hubs on Faetasia would be beneficial for all.

... he also really wants to paint Grendel. Probably Ravnos too. You can't blame the fellow for being inspired, can you? A god comes down from on high, can you expect a Toreador not to find a new muse?

Prompt Response: "Stop, darling, freeze," the words fell from his lips before he could stop them. It was less a command, and more a carnal plea, one born out of pure passion -- for the way the light hit the god, the way the shadows fell off his form and tangled, and writhed around him struck Caius as something beautiful. "Hold that pose," he half begged.

It wasn't just Grendel's power, though the feel of his godliness was enough to make any vampire, of any age, or experience, feel as if they were nothing more potent than worms within the earth. It wasn't simply because he was, as a god, perfection incarnate -- no, it was more than that. Before him was a living masterpiece, and Caius could only drink in the vision, even as his hands scrambled to find brush and canvas. Art above, this was not a moment he wished to forget, and he knew, if he did not get the others likeness down now, he would waste away trying to mimic such beauty. Even now, Caius knew he would fail to throw paint on canvas perfectly -- but his obsession, his muse, did not care for such things. He was old, ancient even, and had felt the push and pull of the muses throughout the centuries. He'd even spent some time suffering burnout, before crawling his way back to his social circles and his cliques, finding new inspiration in his paintings depicting the suffering souls of those who lived at the very bottom.

But Grendel, all power, here in his presence? This was a new type of art, and beauty was too ugly and basic a word to describe the vision before him.

Art was life, and for an undead being, he couldn't help but be consumed by it. However, Caius was older than some of those in his Clan, and it took great restraint to force himself to stop throwing the reds and blacks and greys on the canvas. "Your terrible beauty, your power, your presence-- how could one not be moved?" He asked, not quite a question for the god, but truly inquiring that of the world around them.

He was but a slave to his muses, after all... but that did not mean he could not fight them from time to time.

Purple and teal eyes tore away from the canvas -- Caius had not forgotten the reason for the God's visit, and did not wish to offend. Even as he'd painted, he'd pondered the words, the offering. His vanity couldn't help but be stroked as Grendel sought him out, had confessed to watching him. He had toiled and worked hard; he might have run into burn out, might have had to claw his way back up the ranks over the centuries -- but he had done so, and was all the stronger for it. There was art, not just in canvas, and clay, but in classes, and cliques -- and to be offered to be a Disciple -- well -- what Toreador would turn such an offer down?

On the other hand, he was no fool. Everybody had and angle, and that must include the great Grendel. While the offering was all things temptation, Caius wasn't ready to simply agree without giving it good thought -- no matter the time limit placed by the other. What were a few moments to an immortal being? To Caius, they were imperative -- just as paint often dried a different color than when it was first applied, so Caius needed that time to think.

"I am sure many would have claimed it immediately, without a moment's thought, especially among my kith and kin," he mused, watching the way Grendel's shadows twisted and formed. How terrible. How beautiful. How he wished to study the god further, and continue his artistry. "The offering is deliciously tempting, but good art must never be rushed."

So it was, Grendel left him to consider his offer. Caius had questions, of course... but did those questions outweigh the he offer? What would Grendel ask of him specifically? And how might Clan Toreador, best serve his interests? In fact, what were the interests of a vampire god, anyway? What sort of trick might lie behind the offer? Not, of course, that Caius was wary -- but it did require valuable thought.

Then again, if he didn't take the offer, who in the Clan would? How Caius snarled at the thought of some of the most gauche and obnoxious members. Pour painters; techno musicians, modern art. Bah. Some had embraced the newer works, and while Caius didn't take offense to all the new media, he much preferred more tangible arts, such as paints, sculpture, and fashion. If he did not accept the offer, than who would? Some other upstart in his circle? Or some of his old rivals? While the Toreador were known for their social graces, there was no denying the cattiness and pettiness that ran through their undead hearts. Jealousy, envy, and a need to climb his way up the most elite of his kin helped him secure an answer -- for while he had questions, it was better to accept than not.

He had lived a long life. What new inspirations and gossip would arise with him at the helm, and as a Disciple of the God? What new muses might he or the Clan discover, with all this newfound power? And what might he finally be able to achieve? There was much he wanted to do, new galleries to create, new places to build Elysium. To finally be recognized for what he was worth... and to be able to help bring the Toreador into a brighter, more fantastic future?

By the time Grendel returned, he had his answer. "You make an offer no Toreador could refuse," he finally spoke, dipping his head to the god. His smile was sincere though, his fangs gleaming beneath his painted black lips. "And I am, if nothing else, a Toreador. I accept, though I do have questions. Do you have time for a bit of brunch, darling?" Though his painting was not finished, he would slave over it in days to come, as the muses gripped him.

Besides, becoming a Disciple had another perk. Perhaps, with time, he might get closer to capturing even a fraction of the red-head's prowess in some tangible, physical medium.

He had a new muse now.

Faekat Adoption Agency
Crew

Muscular Member

✚ Archived Event Threads

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out