Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Faekat Adoption Agency
Crew

Muscular Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:19 pm
DISCIPLES OF GRENDEL: BAALI

Times are changing. Powers are shifting. And a new guard takes over for the old.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

This is a roleplay contest to win the Disciple of Grendel for Clan Baali These vampires are not newly created; they are ancient, recently-awakened vampires who are being given new power by the Vampire God, Grendel.

This particular disciple is premade: one of our colorists has designed her and you’ll get to create her personality!

Below, you’ll find the nitty gritty!

Starts: NOW
Ends: 02/04 @ 11:59 PM PST

Rules:

• Only post once
• Do not deter others from entering
• Fill out the form completely
• You may edit your entry up until the end
• I reserve the right to choose no winner
• Please be aware that there will be plotting and RP in the future

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:22 pm
Clan Information:

The Baali are a bloodline of vampires associated with demon worship. Because of their affinity with the unholy, the Baali are particularly vulnerable to holy iconography, holy ground and holy water. They are highly vulnerable to True Faith. Some versions present the true purpose of the Baali as keeping demons sleeping by feeding them with carnage and destruction. But most presentations show them as infernalists, using demon worship to gain additional power.

The Baali are explorers, first and foremost – students of the unknown, the unknowable, the unspeakable. They will do almost anything and sacrifice almost anyone to gain access to occult mysteries. They squander the wealth they have accumulated, they make deals they cannot live up to, and they do so with no apology and no attempt at excuse. They are, however, not Faustian bargainers, although many Baali neonates fall into that trap.

They believe that the world is doomed, that the End Times are nigh and every sacrifice they make, every murder they incite, is one more c***k in the dam holding back the deluge of blood called Gehenna. If they have to die to break that dam, so be it. As such, the Baali can be considered a doomsday cult.

For more information, see the Clan Vampires List and the White Wolf Wiki (though keep in mind that not everything in White Wolf canon is Faekats canon!)

The Prompt:

The new God of Vampires had grown impatient.

By now, he knew which Disciples were loyal to him and which were not. He also knew who had fallen into torpor for far too long and who had come to meet their final death. Many needed to be replaced, and he had done his due diligence, seeking out the most ancient and powerful vampires each clan had to offer and watching them from the shadows, weighing their calibre.

Eventually, he made his decision.

Grendel approached the ancient vampire in whatever place they would typically haunt, knowing exactly where they would be. He wore his shadows like a hooded cloak that billowed out behind him, the shadows beneath his feet writhing like a thousand tentacles along the ground where he stepped. Red eyes burned within the shaded darkness cast by the hood like glowing embers, illuminating a pale face. His long red hair hung in an intricate braid nearly to his feet, decorated with ornaments of black and gold. He did not hide who he was. The extent of his power was a wild and untethered thing that he allowed to permeate the air around him.

He came to stand in front of the vampire he sought, allowing them a moment to recognize just who he was before he spoke.

“I have been watching you for some time and have come to offer you a position of great power and importance.” He paused to allow them to respond if they wished, his narrowed eyes began to burn brighter as he flashed the vampire before him a sharp-toothed grin. “You will become the leader of your clan as one of my Disciples. You do not need to decide immediately, I will give you a few moments to think it over, but this offer does expire. If you do not want it, I am sure that there are many others who do.”

The vampire is left to mull it over, the God seemingly content to occupy himself with other things for a time. Eventually, Grendel would return to await the vampire's response.

The Form:

[align=center][b]Owner Username:[/b] Name Here
[b]Tell us a bit about your RP style:[/b] (What types of plots/RP's/etc. do you prefer to play? Any hard no's? Anything you'd like to get more into?)
[b]Why does this particular Disciple appeal to you?:[/b]
[b]Vampire’s Name:[/b] (You gotta name ‘em)
[b]Vampire’s Personality:[/b] (Tell us some about your Disciple! What are they like?)
[b]Motivations and Goals:[/b] (What do they intend to do with their newfound power and leadership position?)
[b]Prompt Response:[/b] (Reply to the RP prompt as your Disciple. How do they feel about Grendel’s offer? Why are they accepting? Do they have any particular ambitions for their new power?)[/align]

Faekat Adoption Agency
Crew

Muscular Member

Rinial Sisterdragon

Mythical Sex Symbol

23,100 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:51 pm
Owner Username: Rinial Sisterdagon
Tell us a bit about your RP style: So My style tends to reflect those I write with. On occasion, I can write worlds, and express emotions deeply. I try very hard when I've developed a character to leave room for growth, but also remain true to who they have always been. Writing and RP is a way that I evolve my style, and try out characters I never would have thought to before. I experiment a lot, and can fully admit when it's not working. And when inspiration or hyperfocus hits, I can write for hours. (This is totally copy pasted from my other entry because it's the best description I've written)
Why does this particular Disciple appeal to you?: To be honest, I've seen several Disciples come up, but looking into the Baali, these vampires are the type to embrace the more demonic side of being immortal bloodsuckers, and not being the pretty fancy beauties, but carrying their own style of feral allure, as well as becoming obsessed with their vicious desire to bring about the absolute destruction of the world, and well, just the destruction for the sake of destruction as they believe the world will end. Plus I mean, look at them!! they're absolutely glorious!
Vampire’s Name: Eshtaractih (A scrambling of Ishtar and Hecate)
Vampire’s Personality: Ancient, incomprehensible, and somewhat void of reasonable thoughts. They enjoy the ritual sacrifice, they do not understand much of what goes on in the world now, as they are devoid of desire for anything other than the end of the world as was promised by the prophecy of Gehanna. They've knowledge of demons as they've trained them, their infernal power far beyond others of their bloodline and clan. If they must work with others of their clan they will become cordial, and careful, appearing to not be as powerful a being as they are. Though many Baali will display their full power in efforts to prove themselves worthy, Eshtaractih has become a power by being more reserved, and secretive with their discoveries, and only sharing with a select few. Many of the Baali are said to have at least two sides to themselves. Eshtaractih has four. They are all aspects that work to ensure that they do not fall prey to any foolish newcomers. These aspects are all united under the single name, Eshtaractih, but they come as Eshtaractih the Empress, a sadist and controlling ruler, Eshtaractih the Enchantress, charmer and deceiver, Eshtaractih the Goddess, inspiring love and fear, Eshtaractih the Connoisseur, the enjoyer of delicacies offered freely, and those they steal for themselves. This is what Eshtaractih has held to, and the division of their mind as such has served them well within the confines of the Baali.
Motivations and Goals:
Eshtaractih has many goals all leading to be the one who makes the crack that releases Gehenna upon the world.
The reigniting of the followers of the Unnamed one.
Setting ablaze in the hearts of the Baali to once again strive to the plague beset on the world by their original masters.
To fill the world with Baali, but only the strongest of their kind.
To become the most trusted disciple of Grendal.
To divide and disrupt the other clans to test their loyalty.

Prompt Response: Their head tilted in curiosity at the thing that had willingly come into their unkempt haven. A pit of lingering stench, with many a weak-willed mortal having lost their lives still lay. The head tilting had been arduous at first, however, their body began to remember how to move.

Words, this thing spoke words to them. Images flooded back to a mind that had been still for far too long, bored, underwhelmed, and now a spark had come. A new spark. Taken as a disciple? Eyes that seemed to glimmer and smoke crimson squinted, there was but one thing that could bring and elevate a vampire as they are, to be a disciple. That would be a god.

Though it may have felt like an eternity for the Baali creature, Eshtaractih's mind had begun to whirl with thoughts of what they could accomplish with the power of a disciple. Power was all that often drove the Baali, and with this one, power was gained through any means.

Eshtaractih moved to speak but found their throat far too parched, to make a noise. With a muted grumble they bit into their own palm, to lose a bit of blood, long dead, but useful when no other liquid would suffice. A strong pull and gulp later, "I underrsstand. New god, new era." The voice came out somewhat like broken glass as they spoke.

As the new god of the Sabbat left them to their own thoughts, to ponder what the choice would entail. Crossing to their pit of stench, their bleeding hand stretched over the pit, their eyes lighting brightly, as the power of their magic pulled the hearts that were filled with their blood up and out of the bodies. Every last piece of the bodies crumbled to dust as the form that looked almost decayed itself became a full and even more alluring in form. A deep breath the tone that came sounding more like a discordant quartet as they spoke, "Demonss, my lovess, Unnamed holy one. We will sserve ourr new god, forr the time being. He will bring more powerr." The quartet of voices, narrowed to one. Their decision made.

Clearing every corner of dust and bodies, they rebuilt their haven to be what it was when the Unnamed one first allowed them to fight to devour the unlife. A smile with fangs far too long to simply drain a being of their life, sadistically animalistic, but not the barely feral of some clans. As a Baali, they had more power even than the Elders who were long gone, a few by their own hand. "Ssecretss we will keep, and blood we will rreap"

Days or Months may have passed as they prepared their haven, preparing for the god's return. As Grendal arrived now, not at the same decrepit and vile domicile he had been at previously. At the god's arrival they stood to their full height, spiked tail shifting behind them as they bowed to the new god of the vampire kind, "I will acsssept yourr offerr, as yourr dissciple, I will become yourr mosst devout sservant."

They raised from a bow to observe, "Thiss sservant's name is Eshtaractih, inforrm me of yourr will."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:29 am
rinial sisterdragon
Owner Username: Rinial Sisterdagon
Tell us a bit about your RP style: So My style tends to reflect those I write with. On occasion, I can write worlds, and express emotions deeply. I try very hard when I've developed a character to leave room for growth, but also remain true to who they have always been. Writing and RP is a way that I evolve my style, and try out characters I never would have thought to before. I experiment a lot, and can fully admit when it's not working. And when inspiration or hyperfocus hits, I can write for hours. (This is totally copy pasted from my other entry because it's the best description I've written)
Why does this particular Disciple appeal to you?: To be honest, I've seen several Disciples come up, but looking into the Baali, these vampires are the type to embrace the more demonic side of being immortal bloodsuckers, and not being the pretty fancy beauties, but carrying their own style of feral allure, as well as becoming obsessed with their vicious desire to bring about the absolute destruction of the world, and well, just the destruction for the sake of destruction as they believe the world will end. Plus I mean, look at them!! they're absolutely glorious!
Vampire’s Name: Eshtaractih (A scrambling of Ishtar and Hecate)
Vampire’s Personality: Ancient, incomprehensible, and somewhat void of reasonable thoughts. They enjoy the ritual sacrifice, they do not understand much of what goes on in the world now, as they are devoid of desire for anything other than the end of the world as was promised by the prophecy of Gehanna. They've knowledge of demons as they've trained them, their infernal power far beyond others of their bloodline and clan. If they must work with others of their clan they will become cordial, and careful, appearing to not be as powerful a being as they are. Though many Baali will display their full power in efforts to prove themselves worthy, Eshtaractih has become a power by being more reserved, and secretive with their discoveries, and only sharing with a select few. Many of the Baali are said to have at least two sides to themselves. Eshtaractih has four. They are all aspects that work to ensure that they do not fall prey to any foolish newcomers. These aspects are all united under the single name, Eshtaractih, but they come as Eshtaractih the Empress, a sadist and controlling ruler, Eshtaractih the Enchantress, charmer and deceiver, Eshtaractih the Goddess, inspiring love and fear, Eshtaractih the Connoisseur, the enjoyer of delicacies offered freely, and those they steal for themselves. This is what Eshtaractih has held to, and the division of their mind as such has served them well within the confines of the Baali.
Motivations and Goals:
Eshtaractih has many goals all leading to be the one who makes the crack that releases Gehenna upon the world.
The reigniting of the followers of the Unnamed one.
Setting ablaze in the hearts of the Baali to once again strive to the plague beset on the world by their original masters.
To fill the world with Baali, but only the strongest of their kind.
To become the most trusted disciple of Grendal.
To divide and disrupt the other clans to test their loyalty.

Prompt Response: Their head tilted in curiosity at the thing that had willingly come into their unkempt haven. A pit of lingering stench, with many a weak-willed mortal having lost their lives still lay. The head tilting had been arduous at first, however, their body began to remember how to move.

Words, this thing spoke words to them. Images flooded back to a mind that had been still for far too long, bored, underwhelmed, and now a spark had come. A new spark. Taken as a disciple? Eyes that seemed to glimmer and smoke crimson squinted, there was but one thing that could bring and elevate a vampire as they are, to be a disciple. That would be a god.

Though it may have felt like an eternity for the Baali creature, Eshtaractih's mind had begun to whirl with thoughts of what they could accomplish with the power of a disciple. Power was all that often drove the Baali, and with this one, power was gained through any means.

Eshtaractih moved to speak but found their throat far too parched, to make a noise. With a muted grumble they bit into their own palm, to lose a bit of blood, long dead, but useful when no other liquid would suffice. A strong pull and gulp later, "I underrsstand. New god, new era." The voice came out somewhat like broken glass as they spoke.

As the new god of the Sabbat left them to their own thoughts, to ponder what the choice would entail. Crossing to their pit of stench, their bleeding hand stretched over the pit, their eyes lighting brightly, as the power of their magic pulled the hearts that were filled with their blood up and out of the bodies. Every last piece of the bodies crumbled to dust as the form that looked almost decayed itself became a full and even more alluring in form. A deep breath the tone that came sounding more like a discordant quartet as they spoke, "Demonss, my lovess, Unnamed holy one. We will sserve ourr new god, forr the time being. He will bring more powerr." The quartet of voices, narrowed to one. Their decision made.

Clearing every corner of dust and bodies, they rebuilt their haven to be what it was when the Unnamed one first allowed them to fight to devour the unlife. A smile with fangs far too long to simply drain a being of their life, sadistically animalistic, but not the barely feral of some clans. As a Baali, they had more power even than the Elders who were long gone, a few by their own hand. "Ssecretss we will keep, and blood we will rreap"

Days or Months may have passed as they prepared their haven, preparing for the god's return. As Grendal arrived now, not at the same decrepit and vile domicile he had been at previously. At the god's arrival they stood to their full height, spiked tail shifting behind them as they bowed to the new god of the vampire kind, "I will acsssept yourr offerr, as yourr dissciple, I will become yourr mosst devout sservant."

They raised from a bow to observe, "Thiss sservant's name is Eshtaractih, inforrm me of yourr will."

Congrats Rinial Sisterdragon on your winning entry!  

Faekat Adoption Agency
Crew

Muscular Member

✚ Archived Event Threads

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas