Welcome to Gaia! ::

Faekat Adoption Agency

Back to Guilds

Faekat Guild 

Tags: Faekat, breedables 

Reply ✚ Archived Event Threads
Concept Contest: Salubri Disciple of Grendel (Closed)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Faekat Adoption Agency
Crew

Muscular Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:31 pm
DISCIPLES OF GRENDEL: SALUBRI

Times are changing. Powers are shifting. And a new guard takes over for the old.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
[Salubri Disciple by Uta]

This is a roleplay contest to win the Disciple of Grendel for Clan Salubri. These vampires are not newly created; they are ancient, recently-awakened vampires who are being given new power by the Vampire God, Grendel.

This particular disciple is premade: one of our colorists has designed him and you’ll get to create his personality!

The contest will last until 11:59 PM PST on January 20th.

Below, you’ll find the nitty gritty!

Rules:

• Only post once
• Please only enter if you do not currently own a Disciple of Grendel
• Do not deter others from entering
• Fill out the form completely
• You may edit your entry up until the end
• I reserve the right to choose no winner
• Please be aware that there will be plotting and RP in the future

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:33 pm
Clan Information:

The Salubri are seen as murderers and soul stealers by the rest of the clans. Nothing could be further from the truth. When the Tremere were first founded, they sought out Saulot, the founder of Clan Salubri and the first vampire to attain Golconda, and diablorized him for his power. Since that day the Tremere have hunted and killed all but a few of the former clan, and proceded to spread rumors condemning the Salubri to the life of prey in the vampiric world. Because of this they persue Golconda in remote locations away from Kindred and Kine alike.

The once mighty Salubri Clan is considered barely a bloodline after the diablerie of their progenitor, Saulot. Their general few numbers grant credibility to the rumors that they are only composed of seven vampires at any time, and that these modern Salubri are fully committed to the search for Golconda – enacting a bloody ritual when they achieve that state or despair of ever doing so. They are divided into three branches: the Healers, the Warriors and the Watchers, and each of those branches has their own specific vampiric weakness.

There are not enough of them to have a culture. What little there is has mostly focused around Golconda lore. Salubri believe that vampiric existence is torment from which Golconda or death is the only escape. Consequently, the modern Salubri would Embrace, teach a childe the basics of the route, leave clues for the childe to follow to achieve Golconda, and then have their childe diablerize them.

For more information, see the Clan Vampires List and the White Wolf Wiki (though keep in mind that not everything in White Wolf canon is Faekats canon!)

The Prompt:

The new God of Vampires had grown impatient.

By now, he knew which Disciples were loyal to him and which were not. He also knew who had fallen into torpor for far too long and who had come to meet their final death. Many needed to be replaced, and he had done his due diligence, seeking out the most ancient and powerful vampires each clan had to offer and watching them from the shadows, weighing their calibre.

Eventually, he made his decision.

Grendel approached the ancient vampire in whatever place they would typically haunt, knowing exactly where they would be. He wore his shadows like a hooded cloak that billowed out behind him, the shadows beneath his feet writhing like a thousand tentacles along the ground where he stepped. Red eyes burned within the shaded darkness cast by the hood like glowing embers, illuminating a pale face. His long red hair hung in an intricate braid nearly to his feet, decorated with ornaments of black and gold. He did not hide who he was. The extent of his power was a wild and untethered thing that he allowed to permeate the air around him.

He came to stand in front of the vampire he sought, allowing them a moment to recognize just who he was before he spoke.

“I have been watching you for some time and have come to offer you a position of great power and importance.” He paused to allow them to respond if they wished, his narrowed eyes began to burn brighter as he flashed the vampire before him a sharp-toothed grin. “You will become the leader of your clan as one of my Disciples. You do not need to decide immediately, I will give you a few moments to think it over, but this offer does expire. If you do not want it, I am sure that there are many others who do.”

The vampire is left to mull it over, the God seemingly content to occupy himself with other things for a time. Eventually, Grendel would return to await the vampire's response.

The Form:

[align=center][b]Owner Username:[/b] Name Here
[b]Tell us a bit about your RP style:[/b] (What types of plots/RP's/etc. do you prefer to play? Any hard no's? Anything you'd like to get more into?)
[b]Why does this particular Disciple appeal to you?:[/b]
[b]Vampire’s Name:[/b] (You gotta name ‘em)
[b]Vampire’s Personality:[/b] (Tell us some about your Disciple! What are they like?)
[b]Motivations and Goals:[/b] (What do they intend to do with their newfound power and leadership position?)
[b]Prompt Response:[/b] (Reply to the RP prompt as your Disciple. How do they feel about Grendel’s offer? Why are they accepting? Do they have any particular ambitions for their new power?)[/align]

Faekat Adoption Agency
Crew

Muscular Member

nekoFayre

Skilled Camper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:40 am
Owner Username: nekofayre
Tell us a bit about your RP style: I'm a plotter, I like build my characters from the ground up. I love plots where is nice plot.
Why does this particular Disciple appeal to you?: I honestly like warrior types, I love the fact that Salubri are seen as murderers and soul steals but my question is it earned or just away to protect themselves from the rivals. I like the fact that there are three different factions. Playing a heal, warror and watcher could be fun considering im a bit of all my self. Im autstic so the salubri appeal because of how much could be done rping and ploting. I do like the lore and how tremere destroyed them.
Vampire’s Name: Tal'lon Saulot
Vampire’s Personality: Tal'lon is mostly a healer, he likes to help those that are injured. However he is well trained and defend himself if attacked.since other clans see him as pray he is skillful and watches everyone and everything.
Motivations and Goals: rebuild his clan. Watch of observed other clans and maybe to a degree plot revenge against the trememe at some point. But first protect and gather members. Hide and rebuild.
Prompt Response: - Tal'lon watches Gendel. He sits and thinks after he leaves- * how bad do i want this.... i do want revenge. But do mosly wantto rebuildmy clan and show them what we can do.* " My lord Gendel i accept, your offer! Im yours messager your disciple." - he smirks and heads to find others of h8s clan.-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:23 am
Owner Username: Erina_Nobara
Tell us a bit about your RP style: I write well enough I guess, but I’m always looking to improve and broaden my knowledge and see everyone’s viewpoints. Things like learning new vocabulary is always fun too! I like most any kind of rp. All types of plots. But I am a sucker for romance, drama, and well… anything exciting really. Lol I will also participate in both casual, short post rps. And writing long novel-esque posts too.

Why does this particular Disciple appeal to you?: Well I am interested in Saulot’s seeking of enlightenment to tame his Beast. And the Salubi views on being a vampire. I think it’s interesting that they kind of frown on the idea. And only see reaching Golconda or Death as relief from it. But also I will say, they look amazing! And I love their design!
Vampire’s Name: Callum (it means dove. But is a symbol of purity and peace) that needs to be corrupted /cackle
Vampire’s Personality: Quiet, Indecisive, Still struggling with reaching Galconda? , A bit lonely, Healer
Motivations and Goals: Since he’s ancient maybe he is one of the supposed main 7 currently alive at a time? He could have had close personal ties to Saulot depending on how ancient he is.. Maybe he harbors a dislike for Tremere and wants a sneaky revenge on them for diablorizing Saulot back in the day? Perhaps he will work for Grendel in hopes of acting on this as he knows Grendel has gathered a Tremere disciple in the same manner.
OR if necessary I can flip this idea and make him super benevolent and want to make amends with Tremere. A ‘peace for all vampires’ kinda guy. Which in turn makes others upset with him. Lol I’m very open to hearing others' ideas and receiving input from everyone.
Prompt Response:

A pale moon hung low over the dark sea of trees in the secluded forest Callum was now calling home. After his awakening as of recent, he had come-to in confusion. It had been so long. How long exactly he couldn’t say. But he guessed it had been ages. He had awakened from torpor and found the world a different place.

He spent much of his time now wandering and watching the world; studying so that he may blend in with the times. He needed to find out what was happening in the world of vampires. Was he still in danger of being hunted? Since he had no way of knowing whether he was safe, he kept coming back to this place. This forest was truly secluded, and there were some ruins nearby where he could relax during the day, hidden from the sun’s rays.

As he rested amongst the dilapidated stone structures, he suddenly felt the presence of another. This individual did not conceal themselves in the darkness of the shadows like most who had approached Callum’s hiding spot. Perhaps this person did not have ill intentions at all? But the Salubi vampire was going to run for it just in case, until he realized just who he was staring at before him. His mouth moved, but he couldn’t find words to speak.

That’s when Grendel spoke. He had a proposition for Callum.

Quote:
“I have been watching you for some time and have come to offer you a position of great power and importance.” He paused to allow them to respond if they wished, his narrowed eyes began to burn brighter as he flashed the vampire before him a sharp-toothed grin. “You will become the leader of your clan as one of my Disciples. You do not need to decide immediately, I will give you a few moments to think it over, but this offer does expire. If you do not want it, I am sure that there are many others who do.”

“The…leader of my Clan?” Callum had finally found words. He was needless to say, in shock. This God was offering him the chance of a lifetime. And no doubt he would extend this invitation to others. Especially if Callum said no. But why him? Was it really because Grendel had been watching him since his awakening? Or maybe even….before then? He could only wonder.

Callum thought it better to remain quiet and keep his mouth shut, as he mulled it over. He watched as Grendel laughed and turned to leave. He needed to make a decision. Grendel would soon return, and he would be expecting a response.

But it was troubling. He was so indecisive. ‘What are in fact my true goals?’ he asked himself. Life would surely be different with Grendel in charge wouldn’t it? And maybe with this newfound power he could change as well. Sitting back and being a peaceful individual no longer suited him. A little part of him wanted to act on his other desires. Though that could be the Beast inside corrupting him. He was torn. Originally he had simply wished to achieve Golconda or die trying. But deep in his heart he had other wishes. He was lonely at times. Companionship and being part of something bigger than simply existing for himself weighed heavily on his mind.

He thought back to the times when Tremere had become a Clan and diablorized Saulot too. A little spark of anger was still in his heart, and it could not be extinguished. But he had to be careful how he would handle this hate. He might incur the wrath of Grendel should this feeling of anger grow beyond what he could handle. Would Grendel have asked Tremere to join his cause too? Callum wondered if this could be his opportunity. As he struggled, he shoved his thirst for revenge aside for the time being. Could he really hold these vampires responsible for something someone did so long ago?

As he flip flopped back and forth over right and wrong, and what he wanted to do, he realized he was getting nowhere. Perhaps in the end he would need to leave the decision to chance. On a whim, he drew a coin from his pocket. He stared at it for a moment, taking a deep breath, before flipping it in the air.

“Heads Grendel, Tails continue on as I am.”

“Heads it is.” The decision made, he awaited Grendel’s return.

Erina_Nobara

Sugary Snack

Kyuketsuki06
Crew

Timid Receiver

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:32 pm
Owner Username: Kyuketsuki06
Tell us a bit about your RP style: I’ve really only done a lot of cute, slice of life RP in the past. I’d like to expand and really try something new as well as learn how to write better. I try to be descriptive and create an image or overall feeling.
Why does this particular Disciple appeal to you?: He spoke to me,
Vampire’s Name: Eir Antepomarus
Vampire’s Personality: Quiet, thinks before speaking, guarded, will only open to trusted others, albeit still ready for betrayal. Mainly unexpressive and matter of fact.
Motivations and Goals: Bring fourth a new era of Salubri, while not being too much on anyones radar at least to start. Welcoming those in search of a new way of life being one with the beast, not being ruled by it. Looking for a peaceful existence til time to give up this life, share knowledge and enlightenment while also ready for if peace can not be achieved. All Salubri will also know a way of protecting their way of life and ideals instead of mindless retaliation.
Prompt Response: He listened carefully, the new God of Vampires was here, for him. Has all his solitude and reflection paid off? I suppose it has. But of course there was a moment of doubt. What have I done to be worthy? Then again, who was he to have done anything, just an ancient biding his time. With this new title he could, finally, do what he dreamed of. Bring the Salubri back from the brink. Find a way to keep the peace but also be ready for anything because being damned, one knows you must be ready. He would not allow to let the past repeat. Almost merely a fable once and he wanted to build the clan up and not allow another diablerie. His clan would need to adjust their ways, while keeping the core beliefs in mind.

He had took in the sight of the being before him as he listened, a true sight to behold. He felt he could follow him non-issue. But shortly he was gone.

Meditating carefully on his answer, though not very long, Eir spoke softly, kneeling toward where the God had stood making his offer quickly and leaving. "I accept"

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:28 pm
Congratulations on your new Disciple!
After much deliberation, we felt your entry was perfect for this role and we look forward to seeing what you do with the character in the future. heart

Please take them here for certing and be sure to pick a clan-specific spec for them from the provided list. If you need assistance don't hesitate to ask staff.

Erina_Nobara
Owner Username: Erina_Nobara
Tell us a bit about your RP style: I write well enough I guess, but I’m always looking to improve and broaden my knowledge and see everyone’s viewpoints. Things like learning new vocabulary is always fun too! I like most any kind of rp. All types of plots. But I am a sucker for romance, drama, and well… anything exciting really. Lol I will also participate in both casual, short post rps. And writing long novel-esque posts too.

Why does this particular Disciple appeal to you?: Well I am interested in Saulot’s seeking of enlightenment to tame his Beast. And the Salubi views on being a vampire. I think it’s interesting that they kind of frown on the idea. And only see reaching Golconda or Death as relief from it. But also I will say, they look amazing! And I love their design!
Vampire’s Name: Callum (it means dove. But is a symbol of purity and peace) that needs to be corrupted /cackle
Vampire’s Personality: Quiet, Indecisive, Still struggling with reaching Galconda? , A bit lonely, Healer
Motivations and Goals: Since he’s ancient maybe he is one of the supposed main 7 currently alive at a time? He could have had close personal ties to Saulot depending on how ancient he is.. Maybe he harbors a dislike for Tremere and wants a sneaky revenge on them for diablorizing Saulot back in the day? Perhaps he will work for Grendel in hopes of acting on this as he knows Grendel has gathered a Tremere disciple in the same manner.
OR if necessary I can flip this idea and make him super benevolent and want to make amends with Tremere. A ‘peace for all vampires’ kinda guy. Which in turn makes others upset with him. Lol I’m very open to hearing others' ideas and receiving input from everyone.
Prompt Response:

A pale moon hung low over the dark sea of trees in the secluded forest Callum was now calling home. After his awakening as of recent, he had come-to in confusion. It had been so long. How long exactly he couldn’t say. But he guessed it had been ages. He had awakened from torpor and found the world a different place.

He spent much of his time now wandering and watching the world; studying so that he may blend in with the times. He needed to find out what was happening in the world of vampires. Was he still in danger of being hunted? Since he had no way of knowing whether he was safe, he kept coming back to this place. This forest was truly secluded, and there were some ruins nearby where he could relax during the day, hidden from the sun’s rays.

As he rested amongst the dilapidated stone structures, he suddenly felt the presence of another. This individual did not conceal themselves in the darkness of the shadows like most who had approached Callum’s hiding spot. Perhaps this person did not have ill intentions at all? But the Salubi vampire was going to run for it just in case, until he realized just who he was staring at before him. His mouth moved, but he couldn’t find words to speak.

That’s when Grendel spoke. He had a proposition for Callum.

Quote:

“The…leader of my Clan?” Callum had finally found words. He was needless to say, in shock. This God was offering him the chance of a lifetime. And no doubt he would extend this invitation to others. Especially if Callum said no. But why him? Was it really because Grendel had been watching him since his awakening? Or maybe even….before then? He could only wonder.

Callum thought it better to remain quiet and keep his mouth shut, as he mulled it over. He watched as Grendel laughed and turned to leave. He needed to make a decision. Grendel would soon return, and he would be expecting a response.

But it was troubling. He was so indecisive. ‘What are in fact my true goals?’ he asked himself. Life would surely be different with Grendel in charge wouldn’t it? And maybe with this newfound power he could change as well. Sitting back and being a peaceful individual no longer suited him. A little part of him wanted to act on his other desires. Though that could be the Beast inside corrupting him. He was torn. Originally he had simply wished to achieve Golconda or die trying. But deep in his heart he had other wishes. He was lonely at times. Companionship and being part of something bigger than simply existing for himself weighed heavily on his mind.

He thought back to the times when Tremere had become a Clan and diablorized Saulot too. A little spark of anger was still in his heart, and it could not be extinguished. But he had to be careful how he would handle this hate. He might incur the wrath of Grendel should this feeling of anger grow beyond what he could handle. Would Grendel have asked Tremere to join his cause too? Callum wondered if this could be his opportunity. As he struggled, he shoved his thirst for revenge aside for the time being. Could he really hold these vampires responsible for something someone did so long ago?

As he flip flopped back and forth over right and wrong, and what he wanted to do, he realized he was getting nowhere. Perhaps in the end he would need to leave the decision to chance. On a whim, he drew a coin from his pocket. He stared at it for a moment, taking a deep breath, before flipping it in the air.

“Heads Grendel, Tails continue on as I am.”

“Heads it is.” The decision made, he awaited Grendel’s return.

Faekat Adoption Agency
Crew

Muscular Member

✚ Archived Event Threads

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas