SpaceDadDisapproves

Territorial Partner

25,075 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Married 100
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:46 pm
User Image

It had been so many years since Church had returned to this place. He'd almost forgotten the close-knit community. He hadn't seen anyone he remembered from his college days as of yet, but, perhaps, that would change shortly. He'd moved into his old house on the Cul-de-sac, his daughters and grandsons helping him to move his meager belongings inside. Looking over the familiar and, at the same time, unfamiliar houses around him, his eyes stop on one in particular, an extremely rare smile crossing his face before he forces it away. It was unlikely Craig Cahn still lived there, let alone still be in the same town. Thanks to the help (and nagging and incessant bickering) of his daughters, everything was soon unpacked and put into it's proper place. His daughters and grandsons each gave their variation of a goodbye, and then he was left alone. Leonard L. Church taps his chin for a moment before heading inside, grabbing a beer, and heading back out to sit on a chair in the front lawn, leaning back and drifting off for a short nap.

Pinka

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:16 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

There was a lot of commotion outside earlier but now that things seem to have settled down the girls figured now would be a good time to hop outside practice a bit a game of catch before dinner, taking another looks around quickly noting only one other fae outside at the moment.

"Kay, this should be fine." The one yelled and carefully positioned herself in a way that made the only other fae in the neighborhood would be out of the line of sight, she patted her gloved hand, got into position and nodded ready for her twin to throw the ball over.

Her sister nodded back started winding up her pitch, just as she was about to release the ball a lady bug had decided her nose would be the perfect place to land "WAIT WH-" slightly freaked out she spins a bit letting go of the ball so she can shoo it away from her nose... then looking back up in horror as the ball was now sailing toward the new guy.. "...Oh no... DAD!"  

Pinka
Vice Captain

Kawaii Bunny

SpaceDadDisapproves

Territorial Partner

25,075 Points
  • Married 100
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:23 pm
Church had cracked open an eye as he'd heard a girl yelling, making sure there wasn't anyone in harms way. Seeing it was just a pair of girls coming out to play, he closes his eyes back to drift back into his nap. As he heard someone yelling 'DAD', however, both eyes snap open and he sits up, spotting the baseball flying at his face too late to dodge out of the way.

"GODDAMNED ******** SON OF A b***h!" He yells after the ball hits him square in the forehead, armored arms coming up to gingerly cover the area. The ball rolls down onto the grass at the base of his chair. Now normally, he'd have then turned his anger at his hurt towards the one or ones that inflicted it, but he bit his tongue; the girls couldn't have possibly known he was in the line of fire.

With one hand still on his forehead, he carefully leans down and picks the ball up before slowly getting up out of his chair, dazedly walking in their direction.

"Think you dropped this." He says, holding his hand up that had the ball held in it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:50 pm
The one with wavier hair who threw the ball jumped ran behind her sister "It was her!" The other snapped her head back at her "Uh, no, anyone with eyes can clearly see it was you! We're very sorry mister, right Hazel?!" She nudged her sister a bit with her elbow. "Hey! It's not my fault bugs are dumb!" "Just say you're sorry!" "Why should I?!" The two started bickering back and forth-

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"Ok, ok I'm here, whats with all the yelling girls?" an older Fae had stepped outside, currently wiping spit up off the face of a baby strapped to his chest, not lifting his eyes up yet as the little one kept moving her mouth away from the cloth.  

Pinka
Vice Captain

Kawaii Bunny

SpaceDadDisapproves

Territorial Partner

25,075 Points
  • Married 100
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:58 pm
Church raises an eyebrow slightly as one sister runs and hides behind the other, then sighs and offers the ball to the twin directly in front of him. "Look... No hard feelings, ok kid? Just.. maybe try to be more careful, hm?" Yeah, he'd definitely mellowed out quite a bit from his military time. His family was probably to blame for that. His ears twitch a bit at hearing the male voice that had started speaking, then he shifts his gaze over and, well, looked rather stunned.

"No ******** way. That you, Craig?" Look, some old habits died harder than others. He'd sworn in front of each of the kids he'd raised, and his grandkids. He finally seems to notice the baby strapped to the others chest, then has the decency to look off to the side slightly.

"Sorry about that. Some habits are hard to give up..."

He was still holding his forehead and would likely have quite the lump there from where the baseball had hit him.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:03 pm
The twin in front took the ball and gave a few more quick "Sorry! and "Thank you!"s before pulling her sister away jumping and a bit at the swear, her sister laughing a bit at it as the two disappeared inside.

Craig quickly covered the small babies ears. "Whoa whoa.. Wait.. Leo! Oh bro, I havn't seen you since you left after college, how have you been!... I mean except for right now.. That looks bad.. We should get you ice or something.." he turns around and gives him a wave offering him to come inside.  

Pinka
Vice Captain

Kawaii Bunny

SpaceDadDisapproves

Territorial Partner

25,075 Points
  • Married 100
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:11 pm
Church watches the twins as they apologize and thank him, then vanish into the house. He has the decency to look somewhat ashamed of his potty mouth when he sees Craig cover the baby's ears. Realizing that Craig was talking about where the baseball hit him, he gives a small nod and follows after the other.

"Oh, you know, joined the military, did some fighting, then got discharged. Chose to live in a cave for awhile until my kids nagged at me to get a real house, then just finished moving back to this neck of the woods. Then, as I was napping in my front yard, I got attacked by a baseball." He attempts to make a joke out of the last part, but most likely fails at the attempt. Jokes never were really his strong suit.

"What about you? How've you been after I left?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:52 pm
"Oh Wow, defiantly nothing as exciting as that, just been working, got a little business going, got mated, had twins, had this little guy.." He reaches down and takes one of the small babies arms and makes her wave at him before looking around for something cool to put over the area that was sure to be bruising now.
"-but things have been kinda quiet around here ever since sh.. Well things didn't work out so its just been me and the girls." Ah ha! Dish cloth under cool water from the sink should work, getting that ready turning around to hand it to him before the tiny baby could chew on it. "Sorry River, but that's for our guest."

Taking both her hand he crossed her arms "'Ok fine he can have it this time..'" he smiled and gave her a kiss on the head.  

Pinka
Vice Captain

Kawaii Bunny

SpaceDadDisapproves

Territorial Partner

25,075 Points
  • Married 100
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:05 pm
Church listens intently to Craig as the other speaks. He frowns slightly as the other mentions that his prior mate didn't work out, then chuckles slightly at his antics with River. "You seem to be doing an awesome job raising them though. Never woulda figured 'Keg Stand Craig' would be the good fatherly type." He grins, then accepts the offered cloth, placing it on his forehead. "I promise, kiddo, I'll give it right back to yer dad when my head stops hurting, alright?" He thinks for a moment, then sighs a bit. "You're better at this whole parenting thing than I am, that's for sure. I've had... quite a few kids. Even have a few grandkids running around now. I admit, I've been awful at keeping in touch with some of them. And didn't teach them the best manners, either. Oh, if you happen to look across the way at some point and see... quite a few females harping at me, those're just my girls. The two grandsons are much nicer, I promise." He doubted all eight of the kids he had kept track of would all swarm him en-masse again, but Church never could say for sure that they wouldn't. "So, this is River then. Who are the other two? And what business are you in now?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:50 pm
He shook his head and let out a chuckle at his old nickname "Oh man, my keg stand days ended long time ago bro, Yea, my times filled with softball practice, the sports gear company I started and this cutie." hey had her wave her arms around "'A Goddess told my daddy I'm whats called a 'perma baby', I'll be small and cute forever! Yea!'" judging by his smile this was somehow considered a very understandable and normal thing.

"Yea the one that was not taking responsibility for her actions was Hazel, and the one being used as a faekat shield was Briar." He went to grab some glasses from the cabinet ready to offer a drink when something he said finally clicked to him "Leo you have kids? Oh wow, a bunch of them? Any pictures, and wait, grandkids? Dude how long has it been??"  

Pinka
Vice Captain

Kawaii Bunny

SpaceDadDisapproves

Territorial Partner

25,075 Points
  • Married 100
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:14 pm
Church found himself smiling a bit at River's antics as Craig speaks. "You have your own company now, man? That's awesome!" He chuckles again and nods. "Yeah, I think I have... something like eight kids now...? Most of them girls. And then I've got four grandkids. My two oldest are probably the best behaved, but I think that's because their other father insisted that he help with taking care of them, so the good behaviors because of him. The rest of my brood, or at least the ones I was able to keep track of, are all as unruly as we were, only... maybe a bit worse because I just... gave up caring what others thought after I was discharged. The grandkids have nice personalities. It's been quite some time, Craig." He chuckles again, then shakes his head. "No pictures, but they'll probably stop by again later to make sure I'm really settled in at the house and haven't snuck back out to go live in a cave again. Let's see... My two oldest are Damnit and Rose, then there's Fook and her sister Saboteur, Varaza and her brother Alvah, and then my youngest two, Zelda and her sister Andraste. And as for the grandkids, the two that come visit me are Skiff, one of Fook's sons, and Ima Bastid, Damnit's son."

((I promise you, Craig, once the Church is all done with his flings list, no children he has with you will have bad names XD))  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:12 pm
He stared at him blinking for a few moments, before smiles and letting at a quick chuckle, both at the amount of kids and the colorful naming they had "That's both impressive and slightly terrifying, I though I had my work cut out for me with three." Can still hear the older two yelling back and forth at the others, sighs knowing he'll have to break that up soon. River biting down on one of his fingers jolted his mind back to the present. "Ow! Ok ok I didn't forget, sorry was in the middle of getting food ready when pitching practice started.. Oh hey You wanna for dinner?"

((can we fade to black dinner if he does? rping eating food just feels weird to me atm XD ))  

Pinka
Vice Captain

Kawaii Bunny

SpaceDadDisapproves

Territorial Partner

25,075 Points
  • Married 100
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:14 pm
Church chuckles a bit at that. "I didn't have them all at the same time, thankfully. Just batches of one to two until they were grown enough to be out on their own. And two of them already have their own little families, so, there's that too." He thinks over Craig's offer of dinner after watching River bite down on one of Craig's fingers. He chuckles slightly before answering. "Only if you let me help with cooking in some fashion. Little one is impatient, looks like, and I imagine the squabbling from the other room might ease a bit with food in front of them too, yeah?"  
◕ Roleplay: Faetasia

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games