Welcome to Gaia! ::

Faekat Adoption Agency

Back to Guilds

Faekat Guild 

Tags: Faekat, breedables 

Reply ◕ Roleplay: Vampires
[PRP] Frayed But Not Broken (Vadoma & Rares)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kinu
Crew

Tipsy Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:00 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The woods leading from the Fairgrounds to the crooked, winding path that ended at Rares' vardo were as eerie as always. The moon was full, ringed by frost, it was going to be a cold night tonight. The fire out front hadn't been lit in days, as if the owner hadn't been home in some time. Yet the lanterns inside lit the windows in a soft glow, indicating that, despite appearances, there was an occupant still on site. The wind picked up briefly, bowing the trees and stirring up the fallen leaves scattered about the grounds. There were no frogs tonight, no owls, and no fireflies. It felt empty without their presence bringing life and music to the now silent landscape.

Rares was sprawled atop the fur of his bed, amber eyes staring up at the ceiling, lips wrapped around the tip of the pipe as he inhaled slowly and exhaled rings upwards. His gaze followed them lazily. His head still full of the horrors Cryso had planted. He couldn't stop thinking about it. About her. But every time he imagined her face he felt the knife of betrayal sink deeper into his chest. He'd been so stupid. Why had he thought she was different? Because she said so? Because he saw it in her eyes? He scoffed, the next smoke ring disjointed as he did. What a moron. He was desperate to think things would have been any different.

But no matter how hard he tried, he couldnt stop thinking about her. Every kiss. Every touch. The way she smelled. The sound of her voice. The feeling of her long hair spilling across his body as he held her against his chest while they slept. His eyelids slid halfway down, gaze drifting far away. He had to stop. He couldn't keep going back there. It wasn't true. None of it was real. He couldn't keep losing himself in a lie. The male took another deep drag on the pipe, licking his lips before blowing out a steady stream of smoke. He knew what he had to do. So why did it hurt when he thought about it? His brows furrowed softly, confused. He never hesitated on a job. Never. Unless it was wrong. But Cryso wouldn't lie to him. What would she have to gain?

Yayoi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:18 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It had been a few days since the last time Vadoma had seen Rares. And she was starting to get antsy about it. The weather has been so nice when she had started off from the temple but seemed to get worse and worse the closer to the Fairgrounds and his Vardo. There were still people milling about but not as many as there usually were. She made her way to the path that twist and turned until finally the Vardo was in sight. The fire outside wasn’t lit but she could tell through the windows that he was home.

Making her way to the door she knocked three times, a gust of wind lifted her long dark hair and flung it about as she stood there waiting. Still not feeling comfortable just walking in unannounced.!”Rares? It’s me Vadoma!” The female called out hoping he was actually home and that he could hear her. She should have worn a cloak as the wind was biting.

She would be happy when she saw him again. She always missed him so much everytime they were apart. It felt liike an elephant was sitting on her chest the whole time. She had a hard time sleeping without him there to hold her and she had very little appetite.!vadoma’s chest tightened.

Again she knocked.

Kinu

Yayoi
Vice Captain

Super Sex Symbol

Kinu
Crew

Tipsy Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:23 pm
The hackles down his back raised as the knock came. What now? He wasnt in the mood to take another job or for some woman to come sniffing around. Since Vadoma he had been turning them away anyway, no loss. But then a familiar voice and he felt his body go cold. Vadoma.

An ache hit him hard, burrowing deep in his heart. He was hoping he had more time. For what he didn't know, it wasn't like he was unprepared. But he just wanted more time.. more time to sit with the reality of what he'd learned. More time to not do what he was going to do. His head was still swimming, even if he knew what he was going to do. But the rawness of it all was killing him.

He slid to his side, taking one last drag on the pipe before returning it to its holder. He exhaled the smoke steadily, calminghis nerves so he could pretend everything was fine, she couldn't know anything was wrong. As the second knock came he closed his eyes, steeling himself, before he left the bed and crossed the floor to open the door.

Seeing her face, the wind tousling that long dark hair, he thought he'd be more angry but he found only sadness where anger should have been. He offered her that same smile he always gave her, the one only for her. "I wondered when you'd show up." He chuckled, stepping aside to let her in. It was freezing outside, there was definitely a storm coming, how appropriate.

She wasnt wearing a jacket, he could tell the chill had been nipping at her. "You look frozen." Rares approached, he didn't want to touch her but he had to, otherwise she would know for sure something was going on. He rubbed her arms to warm them, leaning down to kiss her forehead.

As he did the thread between them practically hummed, he had to ignore it. He couldn't listen to it, the trust was so frail, practically gone. "Would you like some tea?" The words felt heavy in his mouth but they came out effortlessly, normal. He wasn't giving any sign that he was a void beneath the shell. Beneath the mask of what they had begun to build together.

Yayoi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:40 pm
It had taken him a little longer than usual to answer the door. Usually only one knock was needed but this time it was two. When he finally answered the door her red eyes narrowed just slightly. He seemed more rigid, the usual light in his eyes was dull almost non-existent. Rares was hiding something. Vadoma was very good at picking up the subtlest things that even the other person didn’t realize. But she smiled like she always did when she saw him. “Now seemed appropriate.”

The air had been chilly and she was rather cold so Vadoma hurried into the vardo. Running claws through her hair to untangle it. “The weather turned just as I got to the Fairgrounds.” Her skin tingled as he rubbed her arms, the spot on her forehead where he had kissed felt hot.

When he offered her tea she shook her head. “No thank you. I think I’ve had my fill of tea today.”

She watched him curiously for a moment. He was going through all the motions but his heart wasn’t into it. Somethings n’t had happened while she www away. Maybe he found someone else that he liked better and was struggling to tell her that they were over. No, no that couldn’t be it. Stop going to the worse case scenario. Vadoma wanted to ask him but she was unsure if he would tell her anything at all. She rocked on her heels for a moment. “Soooo how have you been? Did you do anything exciting while I was gone?”

Kinu

Yayoi
Vice Captain

Super Sex Symbol

Kinu
Crew

Tipsy Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:27 pm
Rares felt a pinch as she declined the tea, it was fine, he had other ways to numb her. He nodded easily and slipped into the kitchen, pouring himself a shot of something strong from a dark, black bottle. He took it, feeling the heat singe his insides, and poured himself a glass of tea to follow. His eyes lifted to stare out into the darkness of the woods, claws wrapped around the hot mug. He couldn't hurt her, he knew that. There was no way he could cause her the pain he caused others. He would make sure she didn't feel it. He felt sick. Every fiber of his being screaming at him not to do this. But the horror was eating away at his mind, irrational and powerful. He didn't have a choice.

He turned back to rejoin her, he could feel that even despite his attempt to pretend nothing was off that she was suspicious. They were too well connected. He had to lie to her. But he didn't want to do that either. What was he supposed to tell her? His claws slid along the back of her arm, slipping into her hand, he twined his fingers through hers and led her to the bed. Sitting down he sipped his tea, setting it on the table.

He hadn't ever had to do this with someone that he cared about, or who had made him actually care about them. He was out of his element once again. Her questions gave him an opportunity to lie to her but he chose not to, she might be a liar but he didn't want to be. His feelings had been genuine. "Busy. I had to meet with my sire. She had some... unpleasant news to share with me." He let go of her hand and reached over into the table, sliding open the drawer to reach in. He rummaged around as if looking for something but was instead sliding his claws into a gilded silver box that contained a fine powder.

Once done he retrieve the deck of playing cards which he set next to the hookah. "I really dont want to talk about it. Shall we read your fortune? I don't think I've actually done that for you yet." His claws slid over the top of the deck, you couldn't see the powder as it set into the nail and became clear. Flipping the top he smirked. The same card he'd pulled for her the first night. "Happiness at the end of a journey. That's what this one means." He pulled a second, it represented heartbreak, but unless she knew how to read this style of deck she wouldn't understand what it meant. "This one is more accurate..."

Yayoi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:44 pm
She gave him a warm smile as he laced his fingers with hers, squeezing his hand lightly and allowing him to take her to the bedroom. When he sat on the bed she did too. Quirking an eyebrow at the deck of cards. He’d never offered to read for her before why now? A ceeeping feeling was crawling up her spine. Anxiety settling in as she watched him pull the cards. “What does it mean?” She asked calmly.

Vadoma had never seen that type of deck used for tarot. It was a lovely deck none the less. Vadoma wondered how exactly you read them. “I’ve never seen anyone use those types of cards for readings. But why now?”

Just stay calm. It’s ok, it’s fine. Maybe he is just having an off dead. But then why was she nervou? The energy he put off she didn’t like at all. “Are you ok?” Vadoma tilted her head slightly, concern on her face. If he was hurting she just wanted to help. Because she cared about him with all her heart. He didn’t even realize the depths of her love for him.

Kinu

Yayoi
Vice Captain

Super Sex Symbol

Kinu
Crew

Tipsy Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:04 pm
The vampire was doing everything in his power not to look into her face, not to let her snare him with those eyes. The eyes he'd been falling in love with more and more every time they were together. She was such a good actress, she sounded so concerned. He wasn't buying it. He knew who she was now. Yet he still felt so conflicted, unable to feel like he was justified in his course, it frustrated and confused him. He let her get so deep beneath his skin. That was why. It had to be.

He lifted the card with his claws and handed it to her, letting her take it. "This is an old style of tarot used by our people." The claws laced with the powder lifted the hair from her shoulder before sliding behind her neck. "But I'm sure your father would know how to read it. Considering he is the clans' Disciple after all." As he said this his claws slid into the flesh of her neck around her spine, the powder quickly seeping into her blood. It wasn't toxic but would, instead, make her sleep heavily. So heavily she wouldn't feel it when he killed her.

Red welled up in his eyes as tears of blood began to fall, sliding down his cheeks. "I trusted you." He whispered, the mask he'd been trying to desperately maintain fading to reveal the pain and emptiness he felt inside. "I thought you weren't like them, that you were different, but you lied to me. You're just like everyone else. No. You're worse."

The powder wouldn't take long to work, it was extremely potent. Even with mixed-blooded Kats from strong lines like she was. The shot he'd taken in the kitchen would keep it from affecting him as it began to sink into the tips of his fingers. Rares released her neck, claws lifting, tipped in her blood. He stood and looked down at them, at her blood, and felt the world collapse around him.

Why did this feel wrong? It was wrong somehow. No. He was doing the right thing. The horror, serpentine, slipped to the forefront of his mind. Showing him why he had to. Showing him what she really was. She wasn't the person he cared about. "That card means Heartbreak." He said, standing before her. His eyes dead, numb. "Did you really think I wouldn't find out about you?"

Yayoi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:22 pm
There was an extreme look of confusion. Her father? What did Rares know about her fathers?

When his claws pierced her skin she winced and pulled away from him, her hand going to her neck where he had sunk his claws. “What…what did you do?” She slipped and fell backwards onto the floor, scooting herself back until she hit a wall. All of a sudden four shadow tendrils appeared waving wildly to keep him away. If he got any closer he’d get to feel how solid these shadow tendrils actually were.

Bloody tears welled up in her eyes, her vision getting hazy as she struggled to stay conscious.“I love you, Rares. I…” Her mouth was starting to lock up. “I don’t know who told you what but I am sad that you couldn’t trust me enough to ask me about it.” Her chest rose and fell with great effort, the tendrils began to droop then recoiled to her, wrapping themselves around her body almost like a protective shell.

Tears slid down her cheeks as the world began to go dark. “I’m sorry…..you couldn’t trust….me enough.” Her head slumped to the side and one of the tendrils wrapped itself around her head effectively closing her within.

Heartbreak. That was exactly what she felt.

Kinu

Yayoi
Vice Captain

Super Sex Symbol

Kinu
Crew

Tipsy Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:11 pm
The sound as she hit the floor made him flinch involuntarily inside, a reaction he wasnt expecting, but he didnt let it show. Watching her move herself across the hardwood towards the wall, pressing her body into the corner, he felt himself torn between believing what was happening was right and dying with every passing second it took place. He stood his ground as the shadows slipped from her back, his eyes narrowing. So, it was true. She had been hiding things from him, she really was their child. If that was true, if Cryso hadnt lied about that, she must not have been lying about Vadoma being paid to get close to him, using him.

He still didnt understand why though. Just to hurt him? It didn't make sense. His enemies didn't just want to hurt him. They wanted him dead. The horror gained strength, whispering to him, the visions stronger. Encouraging him to end it, to stop her from doing this to anyone else ever again. He didn't approach, he didn't know what she could do with those tendrils, and he wasn't about to find out the hard way. Rares furrowed his brows, he hadn't expected this reaction from her. Not entirely. Fear, yes. Even as it cut him up inside. Surprise, absolutely. But he hadn't expected the way she was looking at him, the tears, the complete confusion on her face. He knew the look on a traitors face when they knew they were going to die, this wasn't that look.

'I love you.... It struck him hard, knocking the wind out of his body. His eyes widened suddenly, the tether hummed deep inside of him, begging him to listen. She loved him? He tried to swallow but he couldn't, his expression slipping between confusion and fear. Why would she say that? A last ditch effort to get him to spare her? His stomach felt like he'd swallowed stone, his eyes still empty while he watched her, though something flickered briefly before vanishing. As the shadows enveloped her body and her tear stricken face, he crouched down, his claws scraping the floor, taking in the sight before him. This might protect her for now but it wouldn't stop him, and he could always take her to Cryso if he couldn't finish her off himself.

The words she'd spoken. Why didn't he ask her about it? She was a liar. But those weren't the tears of a liar. The conflict between what he felt and what the horror was telling him was driving him mad. This wasn't right. He couldn't do this. But he had to. His claws slid up, cradling his head, Rares shut his eyes tightly as he tried to drown out the images. What was wrong with him? This should have been easy. But he couldn't do it. He loved her. Despite everything he knew he loved her. But he couldn't fight what poisoned him, he couldn't trust that he wouldn't try and hurt her, that he wouldn't change his mind.

He was so confused. He had cold hard evidence to show that what Cryso had told him had been the truth, but it still didn't feel right, something was off. He clenched his jaw, willing the visions to go, trying to break them. They coiled around him, drawing him deeper, trying to get him to follow the darkness inside of himself. He had to get away from her. But he couldn't leave her like this. Rares released his head and looked up at her sleeping form wrapped in shadows, tears rolled down his cheeks, trailing from the corners of his eyes and falling to the floor. He stood slowly, carefully approaching her, and slipped his arms beneath her body. He didn't care what the shadows did to him, he wouldn't let her stay on the floor. If this was the last thing he did, the last time he touched her, he would at least know he hadn't left her there.

He carried her to the bed, reaching down to grip the fur, slipping her onto the satin sheets and covering her gently. The urge to hurt her was still too potent but that thread between them sung so strongly he couldn't ignore it anymore. He didn't know what was right or true. His gaze softened, heartbroken, as he reached for the tarot and stole the card he'd pulled for her, sliding it into the pocket of his jacket.

Rares turned, heading for the door. He couldn't look back, he was in a place where he could get away from her. She'd wake up in a few hours alone and he'd be long gone. He knew exactly where to go. Rares slipped out the door and locked it behind him so no one could get in, she'd be able to unlock it from the inside and leave when she awoke. He felt the hot sting of tears again. He was nearly drowning in his despair. If he couldn't trust himself in a world with her... he'd make sure he wasn't.

Yayoi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:43 pm
Vadoma dreamed as she lay cocooned by her shadow tendrils. Mostly of Rares. His face was so sad and twisted from pain she couldn’t stand it. Red eyes fluttered open, confusion appeared on her face. For a minute she didn’t know where she was. And then it all came back to her. She sat up straight and realized she was no longer on the floor, instead she had been tucked into the bed. Her shadow tendrils slipped from around her and vanished just as easily as they appeared. She often kept them hidden when she was away from the temple.

Looking around she frowned. Where was Rares? Was he out in the other room waiting to finish her off? There was a catch in her throat. He really had meant to kill her, her eyes were hollow as she gripped the fur that covered her. What had happened? Why was he treating her this way? She didn’t hear any movement but that didn’t mean he was out there, slipping off the bed she crept to the door and peaked into the front room. A tightness in her chest .

She couldn’t stay here, it hurt to much to be reminded of the good times they had had together. The memories were tainted now. She just want to go home. Vadoma went for the door, unlocking it and stepping outside into the blustery air. Taking a deep breath as she closed the door. If he was out here waiting for her to finish the job she couldn’t see him.

Vadoma took a couple tentative steps then she set her feet on the path back to the Fairgrounds that would lead to the path home. She just wanted to go home. Stopping n’t only momentarily to turn and look back at the Vardo. A heavy frown settling on her lips as bloody tears gathered at the corner of her eyes making them seem redder than normal.

Kinu

Yayoi
Vice Captain

Super Sex Symbol

◕ Roleplay: Vampires

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out