Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)
Creature Appreciation Club ~ {Open 2061-2062} Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SherbertLemondrop

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:09 pm
User Image

The Creature Appreciation Club was started in 2057 with the purpose of introducing students to the world of magical creatures. There's a focus on learning about the creatures and how best to protect and care for them. Hopefully, given the location, even have a chance to see some. You can always find a copy of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them close by

~~~

The club is held every Sunday from 10:00-11:30 in the Gardens

~~~
Current President: Nora Dashwood

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:46 pm
Club Members

Captain: Nora Dashwood
Noah James

SherbertLemondrop

SherbertLemondrop

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:47 pm
~Announcements~

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:05 pm
[size=13][b][u]Name:[/u]

[u]House:[/u]

[u]Year:[/u]

[u]Favorite Creature:[/u] (magical or otherwise)

[u]Anything specific you are hoping to learn or experience this year?[/u][/b]
[/size]

SherbertLemondrop

SherbertLemondrop

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:37 pm
User Image
                                          All I know is nothing happens if you just give in
                                          It can't be any worse than how it's been
                                          And it just so happens that we just might win
                                          So whatever happens! Let's begin!

User Image
                                          X════════════════════════X

Nora stepped out to the gardens, a smile firmly on her face. She was...overwhelmed. But in a good way, if that was possible. She'd be lying if she said she wasn't at least a tad stressed. The summer itself had been a lot and not all of it was great. So much so that she'd gotten box hair dye from a muggle store and had actually used it. She was blonde now. Luckily she didn't hate it.

When she received the letter from school giving her the role of prefect it had come as a bit of a surprise but she couldn't have been happier. It felt like something was paying off. Of course, then she also was head of two clubs and the whole quidditch thing. It was a lot to handle but she hadn't minded until she'd remembered that OWLs were also a thing this year. But she would survive. If she intended to be Minister of Magic, she needed to get used to juggling.

However, right now she only needed to focus on one thing. Magical creatures. That she could do. It was a perfect day and she was hoping the weather would be good enough to lure out some animals since they seemed to like the garden. The first step however was to lure out the people. They were sort of a necessary part of the equation too. She reached into her bag and pulled out the club forms. She then had a thought. With a sly smile, she started to lean forward and then suddenly a small terrier stood where Nora had been. She flopped on her back, legs in the air, taking in the sun.

[/size]

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
                                          null

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:41 am

User Image☻☺
GALEN EZREAL SAYLOR

sixth year || Hufflepuff || halfblood metamorphmagus
Adventurer's Guild chronicler || Art Club cartoonist || Creature Appreciation Club enthusiast
Order of the Stick captain || Cooking Club executive chef || Quidditch chaser

A Magical Creature club! Even if Galen hadn’t been inclined to join, Dragon certainly would, and midway through the last year, they had joined yet another club. Bright and early the first Sunday back, Galen, with a sleepy Dragon in his pocket, headed down to the gardens. He looked around. The club forms were sitting on a garden table with a pen, but there was no one in sight, just a puppy laying in the sun. Oh well, Nora or Noah must have just stepped away to use the bathroom or get something.

He whistled as he filled out the form then sat down, laying Dragon in the grass by the unfamiliar dog. Dragon was getting on in years in the life of a puffskein– 7 now, and puffskeins generally only lived to 8. Already his pink fur was spotted with gray at the tips.When he opened his eyes, the wide green irises were as curious and excitable as ever, but most of the time, Dragon just wanted to snuggle and watch. So Dragon buried himself in a sunny patch of grass as Galen held his hand out to the mysterious dog.

”Hey there! Are you here for the creature club too?” he asked gently. If it seemed open to being pet, he’d scratch its scruff and ears and give belly rubs, but if not, he’d happily just leave his hands there to sniff before returning them to his lap. ”Aren’t you a gorgeous lil one? I wonder what kind of dog you are. Sorry, I’ve only got puffskein and human treats on me. But I’ve got pets and scritches if you want some?”

Name: Galen Saylor

House: Hufflepuff

Year: 6

Favorite Creature: Dragons! (Or aliens)

Anything specific you are hoping to learn or experience this year?Meeting new creatures in general is fun. On a warm day maybe we can swim around in the lake and try to spot some creatures? Maybe talk to a mermaid?

setting Gardens for Creature Club || with a cute mysterious dog
appearance 5'9", -- || wearing This is my human costume shirt + jeans and a Hufflepuff jacket
status What a cute dog. Do they belong to Nora or Noah?

Hello, hello supernova sunrise,
hello where have you been all my life?
Gotta wake up and breath again (Oh)
Restart my heart and make it beat again.
Burn, burn rise supernova sunrise.
☺☻
"Supernova Sunrise" by We Are Leo.

addaellis

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:03 am
User Image
✵ Nic ✵ Nicholas Hue Hayward-Ye ✵
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Nic realized he was taking a lot on his plate by joining the Creature Appreciation Club among the other items that caught his interest but he figured he could always step down from a club if need be and being busy was best. Between his "regular" Hogwarts classes, trying to keep up with muggle course work by studying textbooks he begged his aunt Lola to get him (his dad just wouldn't understand), quidditch, and two other clubs, one more club was a lot. He figured Creature Appreciation Club wouldn't be that much work and it would be good for him. He technically was part creature himself. In the summer he hung out with the wood nymphs in the New Forest and not just his grandmother and relatives but others too. This might be a good opportunity to learn more about him like why his voice alone made plants just seem to grow better and he was more in tune and rhythm than someone never trained in music should be and why he was more agreeable than he needed to be.

Walking into the clearing he found a dog and an older classmates. He nodded politely to the older student, offered a hand to the dog to sniff (and if the dog seemed inclined, Nic planned to give the dog a brief pet), and reached out for the paperwork. Taking one and a pen from his denim jacket pocket he filled out the paperwork:

Name: Nicholas (Nic) Hayward-Ye

House: Gryffindor

Year: 1st

Favorite Creature: wood nymphs or bowtruckles

Anything specific you are hoping to learn or experience this year?
                                                To interact with creatures and learn more about forest based creatures

------------------------------------------------------------------------

For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                                Ah, but this nose doesn’t need to poke too far
                                                To see that behind that distrustful warning
                                                You’d do quite well in

Gryffindor!
                                                {OoC: }
                                                SherbertLemondrop

addaellis

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:46 pm
User Image
                                        User Image

════════════════════════

Noah practically sprinted toward the gardens, a smile across his face. The Creature Appreciation Club was his favorite part of Hogwarts. At least until next year when he could actually take Care of Magical Creatures. He'd made fast friends with Nora last year by talking about magical creatures which had more or less spawned the club. He'd loved every minute of every meeting and had lapped up every tidbit Nora had for him. It helped that she had a magizoologist in the family.

When he came into view of the garden he saw Galen crouched petting a small dog, that seemed to be loving it. The dog nuzzled into the boy even pulling his hand in with its small paws. Noah approached closer fully ready to pet the dog too but a smile came over his face before he could. He realized her recognized the dog. He sat down and began gently petting the dog's back. "Hi Nora," he said after a moment of playing. The small dog got up on its feet and gave a small bark that sounded a bit like a greeting. If dogs could smile, she was. "And how are you Galen?" He asked with a cheeky grin at the boy.

Name: Noah James

Year: Second

Favorite Creature: Bowtruckle

Anything specific you are hoping to learn or experience this year? Learning how to handle different creatures, including the dangerous ones

════════════════════════

addaellis

SherbertLemondrop

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:18 pm
Take a moment to think of just
flexibility, love, and trust.
Take a moment to think of just
flexibility, love, and trust

User Image
User Image

Ꮜɴꮻꮁꮁꮖꮯꮖꭺꮮ Ꭲꮃꮖɴ Ꭱꭺꮩꭼɴꮯꮮꭺꮃ Ꮪꭼꮯꮻɴꭰ Ꮍꭼꭺꭱ Ꮲꭺꭱꭺ🇳ꮻꭱꮇꭺꮮ Ꮖ🇳ꮩꭼꮪꭲꮖꮐꭺꭲꮻꭱ

✿◉●•◦Ruth was being strangely brave today. She had seen posters for a new club in the common room and became curious when she saw it was for magical creatures and learning more about them. She figured it was a fringe group from the class and seeing as she wouldn't be allowed to sign up for that for another year, she figured it would be beneficial to learn beforehand. That and she liked animals. It had seemed like a good idea in theory as she had hyped herself up for it borrowing a hoodie from Kai and slipping a hair tie Evie on her wrist and following the signs for the club meeting. But theory and action were two different things and she found out now standing in the gardens staring at a small group of people surrounding a dog. She quietly went over to the forms filling one out quickly before turning her attention onto the small friendly dog. Ruth gave it a small smile and wave not having that much experience with dogs of any size.
                                                            [color#9966CC]"Typ

Name: Ruth Levy

House: Ravenclaw

Year: Second

Favorite Creature: Megalodon and Occamy

Anything specific you are hoping to learn or experience this year? ...everything?

Take a moment to ask yourself if
this is how we fall apart.
But it's not. But it's not. But it's not. But it's not. But it's not.
It's okay. It's okay. It's okay. It's okay. It's okay.
You've got nothing. Got nothing. Got nothing. Got nothing to fear.
I'm here. I'm here. I'm here.

User Image
Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 5:56 pm

User Image☻☺
GALEN EZREAL SAYLOR

sixth year || Hufflepuff || halfblood metamorphmagus
Adventurer's Guild chronicler || Art Club cartoonist || Creature Appreciation Club enthusiast
Order of the Stick captain || Cooking Club executive chef || Quidditch chaser

”G’morning!” Galen raised a hand to wave to the unfamiliar newcomer. ”I’m Galen and this is Dragon, a puffskein. I dunno this pup but aren't they adorable?”.

Galen quickly returned both hands to petting as the little god not only nuzzled into his hand but even pulled his hand in with its small paws. He massaged behind its ears and tickled its belly, cooing praises. Galen’s hair curled into a bush of playful bright orange curls in amusement. This had to be someone’s pet right?

”G’morning Noah!” Galen called out, spotting the younger club leader. ”Lookit who was here! Aren’t they the cutest uhhh—” he asked, picking the dog up briefly. He checked their genitals to figure out what pronouns to be using with the dog and to show her off to Noah before setting them back down so everyone could continue petting. girl! Who's the cutest lil girl? You are? You are!”

Another young student approached, but just gave a quiet smile and wave, so of course Galen welcomed them over: ”Heya! C’mon over. Offer your hand like so, so she can smell you and make sure you’re not a thread. And then go ahead and give her a few scratches behind the scruff. Don’t worry, she’s really friendly.”

Then Noah hit him with a revelation: ”Hi Nora,”

The small dog got on its feet with a small bark that sounded too much like a greeting…or a confirmation.

Bright pink spread across Galen. His hand froze mid-pet and quickly flew to cover his cheeks–not that it did him any good: Galen was soon a ball of pink– from the tips of pink hair that had turned short and spiky with surprise to pink fingernails. Even his irises pulsed pink-orange, fluttering in colour.

”And how are you Galen?”

”I uh. Nora! Um! I–I didn’t know you were doing an animagus! I’m uh, you’re really cute! I mean, your animagus form is really cute! Not that you weren’t cute as a human but dogs are– You– I mean, not– you know, I’m just going to shut up now,” he stammered. ”I’m just glad you’re safe. And sorry for touching–or uh, petting, and uh, checking uh—anyways, congrats!

Was it just him or was today really warm for September?

setting Gardens for Creature Club || with a cute mysterious dog
appearance 5'9", pink all over || wearing This is my human costume shirt + jeans and a Hufflepuff jacket
status S:EFgliheuw3rj gfdkln ardsf >//////////<

mc2

Yukina101

Hello, hello supernova sunrise,
hello where have you been all my life?
Gotta wake up and breath again (Oh)
Restart my heart and make it beat again.
Burn, burn rise supernova sunrise.
☺☻
"Supernova Sunrise" by We Are Leo.

addaellis

SherbertLemondrop

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:33 pm
User Image
                                          All I know is nothing happens if you just give in
                                          It can't be any worse than how it's been
                                          And it just so happens that we just might win
                                          So whatever happens! Let's begin!

User Image

Nora happily accepted pets from everyone…especially Galen. It was definitely a benefit of turning into an animal and a very cute one if she said so herself. She hadn’t really thought about the fact that only a select few knew about her abilities. It wasn’t even on purpose, it just, strangely enough, hadn’t come up all that much. Noah only knew because it had come up when they were starting the club.

She felt slightly bad about the fact that she was being petted without people knowing it was her, but she didn’t exactly have a choice at this point. She couldn’t just be a dog the whole meeting. She greeted Noah as he approached, revealing her in the process. As Galen came to the realization and began stumbling over his words Nora was glad she was in the form of a dog. They couldn’t blush. His physical features went everywhere for a moment and Nora backed up. Once she had the room she transformed back. “Sorry everyone,” she said with a small laugh, pushing away any embarrassment. “Don’t worry, I don’t mind,” Nora said to Galen, leaving it at that.

“Glad everyone could make it,” she said with a large smile. It was always exciting to see any turnout for this little club she had made.

addaellis

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:25 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

Noah was down on his stomach in the grass. A bowtruckle had made its way to the garden (absolutely perfect timing on its end) and Noah was trying to get a better look without scaring it. He'd seen firsthand what those pointy little fingers could do. After a moment he was able to coax the creature toward him, with the help of some wood lice he’d found. Soon enough the bowtruckle had climbed onto the top of his bowed head.

“You enjoying yourself?” Another voice came. Noah kept his head still but turned up his eyes from the grass to look at Nora.

He smiled. “Very much. I found this little guy hanging around and apparently my head seems like a good substitute for a tree.” He thought for a moment. “I think I’ll call him Newt.”

Nora nodded as she placed the stack of sign-up forms down “Seems appropriate,” she agreed her eyes wandering over to a copy of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them lying next to him.

“So are you ready for this year captain my captain?” He asked, still laying on the grass as Nora pulled out a quill and sorted the rest of the form.

[/size]

════════════════════════

null

SherbertLemondrop

SherbertLemondrop

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:25 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Charlotte bounded her way toward the gardens and The Creature Appreciation Club. Lottie didn’t have quite the same passion for creatures as her brother did, but that didn’t mean she didn’t like them, in fact, a porlock had, on several occasions, made its way into their horse stables back home and she'd watched the thing for hours. She may have considered joining the club anyway but the current membership held even more of a draw. It seemed half of Hufflepuff was in the club. Or at least half of the half she'd met so far.

As she got closer to the garden she looked to find her brother face down in the grass with what looked suspiciously like a bowtruckle on his head. She wrinkled her nose. “How did you…” she trailed off and with a shake of her head said, “You know, I’m not even surprised. Not sure why I bother asking.” Noah had a way with creatures Lottie couldn’t explain. She then turned and waved at the sixth-year girl Nora whom Lottie had already met while she was doing her prefect duties. She quickly grabbed a form and began filling it out.

Name: Charlotte James

Year: First

Favorite Creature: Unicorn

Anything specific you are hoping to learn or experience this year? I just want a chance to pet something soft

════════════════════════

OOC:

null

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:58 pm
User Image
✵ Nic ✵ Nicholas Hue Hayward-Ye ✵
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx(Gryffindor Second Year) (Half-blood-part-nymph) (Herbology Club (don't tell anyone), Creature Appreciation Club, and Namaste Member) (Gryffindor Quidditch Team Reserve Beater)
Time: XXXX-XXXX
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Nic liked the creature appreciation club even though he suspected if he mentioned his paternal grandmother that he might be considered one of the very creatures to study. He had a knack for plants, bowtruckles tended to like him more, and he did have a good ear for pitch and talent for rhythm if he bothered with it. He wasn't that interested in music to be honest. Just because you had a bit of talent for it didn't mean you had to pursue it. But, he was happy to be at the creature appreciation club even more so seeing Noah with a new friend, a bowtruckle. They were really sweet creatures so long as you didn't get on their bad side.

Picking up a form, making sure to not startle the bowtruckle or Noah, he filled out the form:

Name: Nicholas (Nic) Hayward-Ye

House: Gryffindor

Year: 2nd

Favorite Creature: wood nymphs or bowtruckles

Anything specific you are hoping to learn or experience this year?
                                                To get a chance to explore the Dark Forest?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                                Ah, but this nose doesn’t need to poke too far
                                                To see that behind that distrustful warning
                                                You’d do quite well in

Gryffindor!
                                                {OoC: }
                                                Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

SherbertLemondrop

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:20 pm
User Image
                                          Who's to say
                                          What's impossible, well they forgot
                                          This world keeps spinning
                                          And with each new day
                                          I can feel a change in everything

User Image

Noah walked toward the gardens with Nora and Lottie trailing closely behind. He was, as was usual for him, beaming with excitement. No matter how many times he went to the club, or Care of Magical Creatures, he was still excited about animals. Both the magical and non. Maybe it was silly to say, but working with creatures almost felt like a calling. Okay...it was silly to say like that, but that didn't make it any less true. He was already making plans for a career after graduation. Of course, those plans jumped from teaching to working at the Ministry to opening a zoo to writing a book, and then back again. Well, he had at least four years to figure it out. It was much more important to focus on the here and now. And right now, he was ready to open up the year's first meeting. He grabbed the sign-up sheets and set out a few copies of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.

[/size]

I wanna turn the whole thing upside down
                                          I'll find the things they say just can't be found
                                          I'll share this love I find with everyone
                                          We'll sing and dance to Mother Nature's songs
                                          I don't want this feeling to go away

null

Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas