Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mini Gaia Community Guild~

Back to Guilds

This guild was meant to bring all of the Gaians together, and make a friendly, stress-free environment for everyone! 

Tags: earn gold, mini shops, contests games, charities, arts 

Reply [✓] General [Chat about life, Talk about Gaia, etc]
Lets Reminisce Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Raf Slimmins
Crew

Mega Cupcake

9,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:15 pm
Rita the Dragon Queen
raf slimmins
Rita the Dragon Queen
raf slimmins

What really upsets me is, they knew well in advance that
Adobe was doing away with flash and didn't take the steps to save the flash games. Waterfox is not the answer. They should have brought in programmers to change the flash games to HTML5 in advance of the flash change and everything would have transferred smoothly. Now, over a year later and we still cannot play the games and my laptop cannot take another browser and flash- and when i tried to download waterfox, my virus programs warned me it was not a :safe site- so I didn't go there. I ave so many antiviral and malware programs built in, that i refuse to ignore them, I got spoofed on Google and refure to download that browser anymore.
i also refuse, i havent even tried since i read in the forums about it and im just like disheartened to try. The whole thing with this was like enjoying that i had all these games on a website and i could just load em up. I dont wanna download extensions :/ I wuld just prefer they fix them and prioritize it even over the runway. Runway costs Gcash tho and the games....well the games are free so i guess follow the $$$ but eventually i think the whales are gonna move on and idk what to do when that happens

Lanzer promised they would be fixed, so I am waiting- impatiently, but waiting. And yes, the money games are what is keeping Gaia afloat, so I cannot blame the owners for that. You do know that Lanzer filed bankruptcy o be able to keep Gaia going- it was in the staff notes and ATS a few months ago. That's how much he went into debt to get Gaia back, so I am giving him a break for now. At least Gaia is not in danger of closing
That is so rough to hear sad I didnt know that. Ill cut him some slack then and maybe put some money into the site now that im aware of it. I just do hope some nice devs on the site (im sure theres some) could offer optimization for free but then he'd have to offer up the code and who knows what kind of issues that could entail.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:23 pm
raf slimmins
Rita the Dragon Queen
raf slimmins
Rita the Dragon Queen
raf slimmins

Adobe was doing away with flash and didn't take the steps to save the flash games. Waterfox is not the answer. They should have brought in programmers to change the flash games to HTML5 in advance of the flash change and everything would have transferred smoothly. Now, over a year later and we still cannot play the games and my laptop cannot take another browser and flash- and when i tried to download waterfox, my virus programs warned me it was not a :safe site- so I didn't go there. I ave so many antiviral and malware programs built in, that i refuse to ignore them, I got spoofed on Google and refure to download that browser anymore.
i also refuse, i havent even tried since i read in the forums about it and im just like disheartened to try. The whole thing with this was like enjoying that i had all these games on a website and i could just load em up. I dont wanna download extensions :/ I wuld just prefer they fix them and prioritize it even over the runway. Runway costs Gcash tho and the games....well the games are free so i guess follow the $$$ but eventually i think the whales are gonna move on and idk what to do when that happens

Lanzer promised they would be fixed, so I am waiting- impatiently, but waiting. And yes, the money games are what is keeping Gaia afloat, so I cannot blame the owners for that. You do know that Lanzer filed bankruptcy o be able to keep Gaia going- it was in the staff notes and ATS a few months ago. That's how much he went into debt to get Gaia back, so I am giving him a break for now. At least Gaia is not in danger of closing
That is so rough to hear sad I didnt know that. Ill cut him some slack then and maybe put some money into the site now that im aware of it. I just do hope some nice devs on the site (im sure theres some) could offer optimization for free but then he'd have to offer up the code and who knows what kind of issues that could entail.

The coding is so old and I think the servers may also be an issue- it's just a shame. I loved playing tiles and jigsaw, now i cannot play either- and smashblocks and one of the otheres....now all I can play is blossoms  

Rita the Dragon Queen

Raf Slimmins
Crew

Mega Cupcake

9,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:38 pm
Rita the Dragon Queen
raf slimmins
Rita the Dragon Queen
raf slimmins
Rita the Dragon Queen
raf slimmins

The coding is so old and I think the servers may also be an issue- it's just a shame. I loved playing tiles and jigsaw, now i cannot play either- and smashblocks and one of the otheres....now all I can play is blossoms
ill be satisfied if they just bring back Zomg sad i know its not gone but the code is still there just maybe take the source and port it to another one + get a server for it sad Im optimistic  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:44 pm
raf slimmins
Rita the Dragon Queen
raf slimmins
Rita the Dragon Queen
raf slimmins

ill be satisfied if they just bring back Zomg sad i know its not gone but the code is still there just maybe take the source and wort it to another one + get a server for it sad Im optimistic
That is the one game that they work on constantly and is working properly  

Rita the Dragon Queen

Raf Slimmins
Crew

Mega Cupcake

9,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:00 pm
Rita the Dragon Queen
raf slimmins
Rita the Dragon Queen
raf slimmins
Rita the Dragon Queen
raf slimmins

ill be satisfied if they just bring back Zomg sad i know its not gone but the code is still there just maybe take the source and wort it to another one + get a server for it sad Im optimistic
That is the one game that they work on constantly and is working properly
It needs an extension for it doesnt it? I also read on the forums its kinda dead sad  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:38 pm
me sobbing going through my old items  

hibisquish

Jelly Snack

Himiko_Kusanagi

Aged Gaian

7,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:05 pm
Rita the Dragon Queen
raf slimmins
Rita the Dragon Queen
raf slimmins

I didn't hear about going bankrupt but I'm suprised it didn't happen earlier. I really hope gaia doesn't disappear. I miss the flash games too.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:12 am
Himiko_Kusanagi
Rita the Dragon Queen
raf slimmins
Rita the Dragon Queen
raf slimmins

I didn't hear about going bankrupt but I'm suprised it didn't happen earlier. I really hope gaia doesn't disappear. I miss the flash games too.

Lanzer made a big post about it stating the site was not in any danger- it was his personal monies that were used that is being involved. The site is safe.  

Rita the Dragon Queen

[✓] General [Chat about life, Talk about Gaia, etc]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces