Submit

Rein_Carnation

Devoted Werewolf

18,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:55 pm
Here begin the adventures of Lake Haven's Soquili written in vibrant tales forever logged and remembered.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:13 pm
March 2023

Quote:

The last thing you remember is…Well, you don’t remember. Strange?

Where is this place? It looks like you’re in the middle of dark forest. Was it even dark the last time you were….coherent? Just as you’re about to ask yourself what is going on, you hear what you will later start calling The Voice.

“Hello, fool.” The voice is terrifying with how normal it sounds. There’s a slight lilt to it, but that’s it. It seems to come from everywhere or nowhere at once.

“Let’s play a game. Right now you’re in the middle of a forest and all you have to do is find your way out. Simple? Yes, truly, just like your mind.” The airy laugh echoes on. “You have two hours.”

You shout at the voice asking how you get here, along with a bunch of other questions, but the only answer is–

“Tick, tock. Time’s running out little fool. This time we’ll play for a prize and if you fail, well, I won’t take it out on your utter incompetence. But next time…the stakes will be higher.”

You spend the next five minutes trying to talk with the voice or reason with, but it refuses to say another thing.

Really, whether you like it or not, you’ve only got one choice—GET OUT!

Prompt: You wake up in the forest. How you got there isn’t important right now. But the thing is that you’ve been given a time limit by a sinister voice who acts like this is just the first round in some demented game. Whether or not you really want to play, you do know that you don’t want to stay here.

What you need to do:
Write out facing 2-3 obstacles/riddles to overcome before you make it out of the forest. Your prompt should end with you making it past the edge of the woods. At the end of the month the mysterious voice will let you know whether you made it out in time. Who made it out on time will be chosen by rolling a few from the list of those who entered. Those rolled will also get ONE ticket for the end of the year raffle.

This is the first time you have heard this voice, but it won’t be the last. Everyone gets a prize this month so post your prize preference.

Wait what? Having problems coming up with obstacles/riddles? Lorekeepers will do you a favour, this once. Here are 2 vague ideas to work with. Use them if you want or not. Your choice. There are NO perks of using the ideas.
Again, you can use neither of these prompts, one of them, or both..

You come upon a river and the only way to cross is either to wade in or jump across on stones and logs. Well, it doesn’t look that dee-! Wait, was that a crocodile or a piranha in that water? Whatever it was, you sure aren’t swimming now. Time to play Soquili frogger. (Google the SNES game if you need inspo).

There’s a huge wall in front of you and the only way through is what looks like a cave. But it’s dark. No amount of glowing eyes or lanterns will work in here. So feel your way through. OH GOSH! What did you just touch? OH HECK NO! Did you just slide into something goopy at the bottom of a long hill? Ugh.

Title: On Wings and a Prayer

The Players: Hanyuu & Laelia "Lilly" Orchid

User Image User Image

As the booming nightmare diminished a lone soul awakened in a darkened forest unaware of why she had been placed there. Blinking eyes in terror resonated within the female's mind that it wasn't a dream. Awkwardly, she stood on four legs as the timid mare realized she was still residing within the dream. No, it wasn't a dream because she could feel the moss of the forest floor beneath her hooves. As something moved swiftly within her vision, the mare known as Hanyuu confirmed she needed to get out of this place.

"Tick... Tock", boomed an unknown voice sending shivers through the mare's body,

"I need to get out... Au au au au au" she cried as her eyes gazed left and right. Then, Hanyuu bolted straight ahead as that evil voice just seemed to attach itself to the frightened mare. The forest growing deep in foilage led her to a path that seemed identical either way she could gaze upon. Turning off course she smelled something awful as if there were dead remains awaiting her. "Shifter" she whispered to herself. Could have been something even more sinister. Fearing she went off course from the path she stood at this strange crossroads. There seemed to be an overly huge log that a foal could escape through but it was crawling with something horrid. "Au au au au au", she cried out once more. As the smell of the fresh carrion started wafting toward the terrified mare she opted to inspect the log for any way of escaping.

"You need to crawl through it", responded a soft voice standing behind her.

Hanyuu became skittish hearing another voice, turning swiftly to see a smaller Soquili half her size. While Hanyuu was a smaller mare, she was quite tall compared to this other female. "Through it? Au au au au au... There are things in there. Dangerous things"!

The smaller mare smiled quietly, her voice consoling to the timid mare, "I don't know why we're here but, I do know we have to escape".

Hanyuu sighed her hooves fidgeting in the soft earthen dirt, " Au au au au au... Can I follow you?" she pleaded, "I don't know where I am, or how to escape".

The smaller mare smiled, "I was going to ask you the same. Perhaps together, we can both find a way out of here. For now, we need to begin by crawling through this log".

Hanyuu shivered, "Au au au au au... okay".

The smaller mare hunkered down, wings tightly tucked to her sides as strong little legs pulled her through the log filled with all kinds of slimy creepy bugs. Focusing on the light ahead, she forgot the bugs and pulled herself out.

Hanyuu on the other hand was terrified as she herself began crawling through the "log of escape". The bugs seemed quite harmless but their constant movement crawling in and out of her mane was too much. Pulling herself desperately, Hanyuu freed herself from the log shrieking with cries of agony. Kicking her back hooves outward, she fought to free herself of the wiggling on her very body.

The smaller mare moved quickly assisting Hanyuu with the removal of the insects and worms, possible spiders, "There. they are gone now".

Hanyuu's chest inhaled and exhaled quickly, "Au au au au au... Never again. Never again"!

The smaller mare nodded in agreement, "I'm Laelia "Lilly" Orchid. But, you can call me Lilly if you'd like".

Hanyuu shivered but she tried to smile in return, "I'm Hanyuu" she replied.

"Hanyuu" Lilly responded, "Nice to meet you", she spoke as all six of her tiny wings flared out like a warmed flower in the sunshine.

Hanyuu's eyes widened in admiration, "You're a tri-wing, Ni?

Lilly nodded, "Yes, I am. I was gifted with these when I emerged from my tiny basket"

Hanyuu smiled, and her hooves stopped fidgeting in the dirt, "Pretty Au ".

Lilly was about to speak when she remembered the voice, "We need to hurry, Hanyuu. This way". she murmured as her tiny hooves carried her through the forest.

Hanyuu agreed as her own hooves carried her behind Lilly till they traveled two another fork in the path. To the left there was a deep-looking river, to the right, it looked like a mountain with no entry. Hanyuu moved swiftly toward the river, skidding to a halt that was rolling fast with no way of crossing. Within these swirling waters were slippery-looking rocks poking upward, algae growing upon the tops. Within the waters, something was swimming, though Hanyu had no idea what. "Au au au au au' she cried out turning back to make sure Lilly was still with her.

While Hanyuu was seeking a way through the river, Lilly was studying the wall that seemed strangely out of place. Lilly turned her head seeking an answer. Not too far from where she stood was the largest waterfall she had ever seen. The falls were dense as the pooled water seemed deep then she heard something echoing in the falls. It seemed far off and yet it was close. Ready to turn back to Hanyuu she saw something within the falls realizing it was the answer. Quickly, she called out to her companion, "Hanyuu! I found it! Follow me"! Moving quickly she found a hidden path that traveled up behind the falls"

Hanyuu moved behind her as soon as she was summoned realizing she was entering an extremely dark cave as the howls grew louder. Shivering she stuck close to Lilly hoping they wouldn't become something's dinner. There seemed to be light peering through in the distance. From there the muddled sound of the falls grew faded but the howling mingled with growling resided toward the hope of an exit. Lilly frowned as they moved slowly into the foreboding darkness. Shifters were notorious for lingering in unknown places just waiting to sink their teeth into something of delicious interest. Thankfully, Lilly was happy that Hanyuu was accompanying her through this strange adventure. Swallowing, she reminded herself she could overcome this obstacle which seemed like an intended tomfoolery game created by foals. She kept moving deeper into the darkness, walls getting tighter till they lightened a little more with the sound of water. Lilly stopped as she entered a room within the cave. There appeared to be another opening above them with yet another smaller waterfall which if alone she could have just escaped by flying out. But, her thoughts traveled to Hanyuu who was earthbound, unable to follow. Instead, she chose to continue on the path back into the darkness leaving that growling noise residing behind them. Hanyuu wondered why Lilly hadn't just escaped through the opening, freeing herself from this crazy game. But, overall she was thankful that Lilly chose to find the way out with her.

As they moved through the cave light began filtering in once more. This time she could smell the fresh air filtering through the dank cave they traversed within. Excitedly, Hanyuu trotted forward eager to be out of this crazy cave rejoicing as her hooves once again sunk into the soft earthen ground. Lilly was just as excited till she heard that voice along with Hanyuu this time. It seemed to echo in the wind but it was very distinct, "Tick, tock. You are almost out of time."

Hanyuu panicked as she galloped past Lilly seeking the exit. Looking outward she saw the meadows beyond leaving her relieved till she skidded to a halt. The easiest path seemed to be overgrown with briars that would tear one's hide in an instant. Sitting at the entrance to the forest was a trio of shifters; a bear, wolf, and panther grinning toward the two mares in their feral forms.

Lilly skidded to a halt looking down the easiest path, 'Whoever made this nightmare definitely doesn't want to make this easy". Choosing to follow the path away from the exit they so badly desired, Lilly took a deep breath following her heart. "Hanyuu. I just know we'll escape. We just have to believe".

Hanyuu whimpered yet she nodded, "I am... Thank you for being here".

Lilly smiled, "Always. I would help another in need".

Hanyuu smiled, "Thank you, Lilly". She then stopped short as the path stopped on a hill that lead downward into a fog of the unknown. Swallowing heavily she turned to look at Lilly, "What now? We can't go through the briars and face those shifters".

Lilly sighed her eyes searching for more clues. Gazing at the trees around them she sought seeking an answer. The rocks beneath seemed out of place, perhaps deliberately. Then it dawned on her what the final clues were trying to say, "Hanyuu, follow me".

Hanyuu heard something, footsteps from behind them causing her withers to ripple in fear, "Someone is following us". Quickly, she followed Lilly putting her hooves in her companion's own bravery. Then Lilly vanished, "Lilly! Lilly where are you?! Au au au au au" her hooves stamping the ground as she panicked.

Lilly's voice echoed back, "Down here. Follow me!"

Hanyuu's ears swiveled toward the sound as Lilly was hopping onto large grassy rocks leading downward into the fog. As the sound of creatures approaching signaled in Hanyuu's ears, she let out a scared breath and jumped down. The area seemed steep but the rocks in the side of the stone were manageable to stand upon. Keeping her eyes on Lilly, she followed the other's steps identically till she descended into the fog beneath her. Finally, she heard Lilly once more, "Hanyuu! I found it!" Hanyuu heard breathing above her as she took off running toward Lilly. Closing her eyes she ran as fast as she could till she felt grass tickling her fetlocks. Breathing heavily, Hanyuu opened her eyes to a beautiful meadow as it began to lightly rain. Blinking she looked behind her as the fog grew denser placing the forest in mystery.

Lilly trotted up behind her, standing idle by Hanyyu's side."We did it. We escaped and solved the mysteries".

Hanyuu's breath exhaled in relief recognizing the meadow she was standing within. Strangely the forest seemed to have disappeared in the fog, "Thank you again Lilly", she gratefully spoke in admiration.

Lilly smiled confidently knowing full well that Hanyuu had given her a purpose, the strength to continue when facing something unknown, "Thank you as well, Hanyuu". You helped me face my own fears through that adventure".

As the rain thickened, and the wind stirred, a voice seemed to echo past them, "Till next time".

WC: 1,767  

Rein_Carnation

Devoted Werewolf

18,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Rein_Carnation

Devoted Werewolf

18,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:07 pm
April 2023

Prompt 1

1. Out on a walk, you see a small bunny. Look! How cute! Wait, does it have blood on it's coat? That's a very strange look on it's face....Then right before your eyes, the rabbit shifts into a grinning feral User Image

The only option is to run. It's the legendary, you thought mythical, Rabbit of Caerbannog. (Remember she is not an NPC and she does exist. You cannot control her in the RP, which is why you have to run. She's looking at you like you're in next batch of indigestion. Run! (BTW, Hoppy Easter!)

The Title: The Knight and the Beast

Players: "The Legendary" D'Artagnan & Athos

User Image

As the day began blossoming, a tall Kirin and her beloved familiar decided to take a path that they generally avoided. Athos was muttering about not finding a good meal, While they traded deeper down the path, both stopped short seeing a cute little rabbit grazing along the path. Athos thought of attaching such a morsel, but he paused sensing something "odd" about this prey. While it appeared cute and fluffy, there seemed to be a crimson shade soaked into its fur. Athos stepped back as his Kirin companion moved past him, "Afraid of bunnies are we, Athos? Should I vanquish this beast so your thoughts will be at ease?"

Athos shook his head, using his entire frame to push his companion away from the cute bunny, "D'Artagnan, something smells off. I don't know why but..."

Then the cute bun transformed into a shifter with a blood-soaked mouth. Athos finally understood what his instincts were telling him, "Run. Run now, Dar! Run as your life depends on it!"

D'Artagnan scoffed but realized finally what the small fox's banter was all about. Immediately, she took off running as her cloven hooves dug deeply into the ground beneath her. Athos was keeping time, his heart beating frantically. Dashing, even faster now, D'Artagnan couldn't get that image of a grinning killer out of her mind. So, they both moved like the wind back the way they came up to the normal path they knew quite well. D'Artagnan's eyes were wide with fear, but not as large as Athos's swelling orbs. Taking a swift leap, both Soquili and Familiar landed over the small river. Pausing to look behind them, breathing when things were calm, "D'Artagnan spoke, "That was a shifter, wasn't it?" she spoke still trying to regain her composure.

Athos, leading her away shook his head, "Something much more than a mere shifter".

D'Artagnan smirked, "Next time I'll best the beast then we won't have to be afraid of that tangled path"

Athos murmured, "Another day D'Artagnan, another time".

For now, they still kept watch over their backs as they headed toward the familiar thicket they called home.

WC: 355  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:21 am
May 2023

The Title: [PRP] Date under the surf.[Tidus, Aijuine & Travis(Briefly)]
The Plot: Two mers in Love go on a special date under the sea
The players:

User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image  

Rein_Carnation

Devoted Werewolf

18,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Rein_Carnation

Devoted Werewolf

18,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:05 am
June 2023

Quote:
Free write- Write about anything you want–within reason.

The Title: Unspoken Hearts

The Plot: A lone Spix's Macaw heart speaks louder than words, retelling his unforgettable summer memory.

Players: Céu Azul & Oceanica (ending)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

As the lone cerulean stallion returned to the beach, happiness flooded inward like a free-flowing river.

It was a beautiful day; the sun warmed my coat as I traversed the falling sands around my hooves. I was of an average build though smaller than most of my avian cousins. My plumage, others commented, was brilliant, pleasing to the eyes like a magical river. Mares would stop, their eyes wavering in my direction, mesmerized by the feathers that shimmered in the sunlight. While grateful to be noticed, my heart longed for something more than just an average meeting. I didn't want to think of myself as vain in seeking my heart's desire but rather "selective" in my search. My heart sang; it wanted someone special, a soul that would make me feel complete again. So, as the sun got hotter, I discovered a shady place suitable for resting till the moonlight enveloped me in a magical splendor as the stars shined brightly like diamonds.

I awoke to the sounds of the waves lapping softly upon the shore. The heat dissipated and settled into a comfortable temperature, perfect for a decent stroll on the beach. I had yet to travel far when something, someone, captured my attention. Right now, I am thoroughly enjoying my walk at the perfect beach temperature. I wasn't seeking a reason to think my heart would be speaking up. But I gave in to glimpse what had captured my attention. Then my breath seemed stolen as my heart raced rapidly, excited at what my gaze soaked in...

I could never describe her perfection, yet I knew everything about her without even knowing. Her plumage, a bit duller than mine, still radiated in a spectacularly appealing crystalline blue fading to white resembling the ocean. Her build reached mine, setting her higher on a pedestal above the rest who fawned over me. As I kept a vigil on her, I noted she was garbed in bright plumage that complemented her beautiful ocean bluecoat. The most peculiar thing I noticed was her high tail feathers that mimicked her feathery accessories. It was so unique yet perfect, a sculpture brought to life. My heart sang as her hooves danced, turning her gaze toward me through the palm tree leaves.

Gazing back at me, she seemed enchanted as I was. There appeared to be a connection as our eyes were locked, suspended in time. She blushed, yet her eyes never wavered. I could feel our hearts interlocking as if our souls were dancing with one another eternally. Without thinking, I made the first move out into the moonlight as it glistened brightly upon my plumage. She also stepped forward, a dance between us that could never be broken. As we faced one another, I knew instantly she was the "One." Dare I say aloud she was seeking her perfect soulmate as I was?

Then it happened simultaneously as we nuzzled and accepted one another.

As the small stallion returned to reality, he heard her voice in the distance, "Azul... Come join me for a dance...!" Smiling in response, he spread his wings and then took to the sky. He'd never forget that moonlit night when his heart had spoken louder than words for his mate, Oceânica.

WC: 543  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff