Faekat Adoption Agency
Crew

Muscular Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:54 am
SONG OF THE SHADOW ANCESTOR

Eightenment is just on the horizon..

User Image
Colored by: Sara Draconia

This is a roleplay contest to win the Ancestor for the Song of the Shadow Dharma. These Kuei-Jin are not newly created; they are ancient, recently-awakened Kuei-Jin who are being given new power by the Kuei-Jin Goddess, Scarlet Queen.

This particular Ancestor is premade: one of our colorists has designed her and you’ll get to create her personality!

Below, you’ll find the nitty gritty!

Starts: NOW
Ends: May 10th @ 11:59 PM PST

Rules:

• Only post once
• Do not deter others from entering
• Fill out the form completely
• You may edit your entry up until the end
• I reserve the right to choose no winner
• Please be aware that there will be plotting and RP in the future

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:55 am
Dharma Information:

The yin-aspected Song of the Shadow, also known as Bone Flowers, are coldly logical necromancers who seek dispassionate reasoning and enforcement of dharmic balance. They are also tightly tied to mortal society through their descendants and often assist their families even centuries afterward.

Aware of their immortality, these Kuei-jin share a thirst for discovery. From libraries and mass media, they gather stories about the living world; from the spirits they collect memories and news. To bind the two together the vampires record their insights in works of art or scholarship. The Second Breath stimulates their curiosity, and the hunger to learn rivals the hunger to consume.

The Prompt:

You have been slumbering for a long time but out of the ether a call reaches your sleeping mind. The Scsrlet Queen he arrived and it gathering her forces. Groggily you begin to move, your body stiff, slowly begins to loosen up. Out of the shadows a hulking black mass appears. Eyes as deep as the void, black and expressionless.

Recognizing him as Ebon Dragon you greet him. He has brought a message from your Goddess herself. Gather those who follow your Dharma, the ones with their feet firmly planted on the path to enlightenment. Strengthen your Dharma and prepare her followers for what is to come.

The Cainites’ numbers have multiplied greatly. It’s time the Kuei-jim stepped into the spotlight and took their place here in the world.

As quickly as he appeared he vanished. Leaving you to ponder his message, how does your character feel about the task of growing their Dharma set in front of them? Do you have an opinion of the Cainites? Feel free to explore any questions your character may have.

The Form:

[align=center][b]Owner Username:[/b] Name Here
[b]Tell us a bit about your RP style:[/b] (What types of plots/RP's/etc. do you prefer to play? Any hard no's? Anything you'd like to get more into?)
[b]Why does this particular Ancestor appeal to you?:[/b]
[b]Kuei-jin’s Name:[/b] (You gotta name ‘em)
[b]Kiei-jin’a Personality:[/b] (Tell us some about your Ancestor! What are they like?)
[b]Motivations and Goals:[/b] (What do they intend to do with their newfound power and leadership position?)
[b]Prompt Response:[/b] (Reply to the RP prompt as your Disciple. How do they feel about the Scarlet Queen’s offer? Why are they accepting? Do they have any particular ambitions for their new power?)[/align]

Faekat Adoption Agency
Crew

Muscular Member

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:43 am
Owner Username: Mewsings of An Angel

Tell us a bit about your RP style:

I am a sucker for plotting things out, however I do get the itch for a toss-together when the mood is ripe. I tend to do better when things are interesting, rather than "small talk" type of RPs.

Why does this particular Ancestor appeal to you?:

A Song of the Shadow dharma character can be appealing to roleplay for several reasons. Firstly, their enigmatic and secretive nature can create an aura of mystery that is intriguing to explore. Their connection to darkness and the supernatural also adds a layer of complexity and depth to their character, making them fascinating to delve into.

Moreover, the Song of the Shadow dharma provides a unique perspective on the world and its events, which can lead to interesting interactions with other characters. Their focus on achieving enlightenment and attaining mastery over the shadow elements can also be compelling, as it requires discipline, patience, and a willingness to explore the darker aspects of the self.

Finally, the Song of the Shadow dharma can provide opportunities for exploring themes of duality, balance, and self-discovery, as the character seeks to reconcile their light and dark sides in order to achieve enlightenment. Overall, a Song of the Shadow dharma character offers rich opportunities for character development, exploration of themes, and intriguing interactions with other characters in a roleplaying setting.

Kuei-jin’s Name: Taarush (Indian for conqueror)
Kuei-jin's Personality:

Taarush is a graceful and elegant individual, with a deep love of beauty and a desire to create harmony in the world. He is a talented dancer and musician, and often uses his skills to express himself and communicate with others.

Despite his artistic nature, Taarush is also a deeply spiritual and philosophical individual. He has a profound understanding of the interconnectedness of all things and the need for balance and harmony in the world. He spends much of his time meditating and reflecting on his place in the universe, and strives to maintain a sense of inner peace and tranquility.

In his interactions with others, Taarush is respectful and kind, but also has a strong sense of personal boundaries and beliefs. He expects others to treat him with the same level of respect and consideration that he shows them. He is loyal to his friends and allies, and will go to great lengths to protect and defend them.

Taarush is not a violent or aggressive individual, but he is not afraid to use his powers to defend himself or others if necessary. He is a master of manipulating shadows and can move unseen and unnoticed through the environment. He is also skilled in using his powers to create illusions and confuse his enemies.

Despite his many talents and abilities, Taarush is not without his flaws. He can be somewhat aloof and detached, and sometimes struggles to connect with others on an emotional level. He can also be a bit of a perfectionist, and may become frustrated or upset when things don't go according to plan.

Overall, Taarush is a complex and multi-dimensional character, with a deep love of beauty and a desire to create harmony in the world. He is a talented artist and a wise philosopher, with a unique set of skills and abilities that make him a valuable ally to those he trusts.

Motivations and Goals:

Pursuit of Enlightenment: At the core of the Song of The Shadow Dharma is the pursuit of enlightenment, the belief that by overcoming darkness and shadows within oneself, one can transcend the limitations of mortality and achieve true spiritual enlightenment. Taarush may be highly motivated to seek out knowledge and understanding, to push themselves to their limits, and to constantly strive for self-improvement.

Connection to the Shadow: The Song of The Shadow Dharma is closely linked to the shadow realm, and Taarush may have a strong connection to this world of darkness and mystery. They may be motivated to explore the shadow realm, to understand its secrets and to harness its power for their own purposes.

Mastery of Shadows: Taarush may also be highly motivated to master the use of shadows and darkness as tools for their own purposes. This could involve developing skills in stealth, deception, and illusion, or mastering the use of shadow magic and other supernatural abilities.

Protection of the Dharma: Taarush may also feel a strong sense of duty to protect and defend their Dharma, and the other Kuei-jin who follow it. This could involve engaging in political maneuvering, gathering resources, or engaging in direct conflict with those who would seek to harm the Kuei-jin or their interests.

Balance of Yin and Yang: The Song of The Shadow Dharma emphasizes the importance of balance between Yin and Yang, and Taarush is motivated to maintain this balance in all aspects of their life. This could involve meditating, seeking out and resolving imbalances, and actively working to maintain a harmonious relationship between the two forces.

Prompt Response:

As my consciousness slowly returns, I feel a deep sense of unease. The call that has reached me in my slumber must be important, for it has stirred me from a state of rest that I had thought was eternal. As I rise to my feet, my body stiff and unresponsive, a hulking figure materializes out of the shadows. It is Ebon Dragon, the embodiment of darkness and mystery. I know that I must heed his words, for he speaks on behalf of my goddess, the Scarlet Queen. His message is clear: it is time for the Kuei-jin to take their place in the world, to stand up against the growing threat of the Cainites and to prepare for what is to come.

He tells me of the growing threat posed by the Cainites, their numbers multiplying at an alarming rate. It is time for the Kuei-jin to step forward and claim our place in the world, to show that we are not to be underestimated. I am filled with a sense of purpose and determination. The Song of The Shadow Dharma is a path of death and rebirth, of destruction and creation. It is a path that leads to the ultimate realization of our true nature as Kuei-jin, and I am honored to have been chosen to spread its teachings.

For too long we have hidden in the shadows, content to pursue our own enlightenment without concern for the world around us. But now, with the Cainites on the rise, we must take action. We must show the world that the Kuei-jin are a force to be reckoned with, that our Dharma is a path worth following.

As I contemplate the task ahead, I feel a mix of excitement and trepidation. The road ahead will be long and difficult, but I know that we can succeed if we stay true to our principles and remain steadfast in our pursuit of enlightenment.

And as for the Cainites? I cannot say that I hold them in high regard. Their embrace of vampirism is a corruption of the natural order, and their lust for power and domination is antithetical to everything that the Song of The Shadow stands for. But I know that conflict with them is inevitable, and I am prepared to face them head-on. For the sake of my Dharma and my fellow followers, I will fight with everything I have. The Kuei-jin may have been slumbering for too long, but we are now awake and ready to take our place in the world.  
✚ Archived Event Threads

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games