Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cheri

Crew

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:05 pm
User Image
Retail therapy was a real thing. Tonight, Addy's arms were full of colorful bags, each lined with some kind of crepe paper. The perfume from the paper was almost a little dizzying, but Adeli Giovanni needed a little break. A break from what, exactly? Well... maybe just from being kind of useless. She was good at cooking and starting to learn to be even better, but when it came to the family business? Pshaw. Whatever it was that made her sisters and brother so good at what they did had skipped right over her.

She'd paused to sip on a little blood lemonade, setting down the bags on the floor around the bench she was currently perched on. It... was kind of obvious, wasn't it? That she didn't quite fit in. Maybe that was all in her head, but whether it was Eloisa and Francesca with Killer Hair and Nails or Alice and her... well, her talents in the family trade, she knew she was out of her league. Maybe she ought to stick to fashion and Bolognese. She did make a mean Cacio e Pepe as well, and her lasagna was to die for. Not as good as Nonna's, but was anyone's as good as Nonna's?

Swirling the straw around in her drink, Addy sighed. Just when was she going to start being useful to the family? She wanted so badly to make her big siblings proud. Maybe this was where her papa thought she belonged, but deep down Adeli wanted to be worth something. Something that would help the famiglia. Brushing a curly lock behind her ear, she glanced out at the crowd, and daydreamed a little about the future. Could she be a cool spy or a hired gun? Something much more exciting than 'chef'.

Kyuketsuki06

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:19 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Walking along store fronts Lewis was stopped at a window. Hats. Of course. He took off his vintage Trilby held it next to the display in the window comparing it to the mannequin. He had a type and it had to be just right. He was in the market for new hats, especially since this one was a memento. He couldn't continue to take it anywhere and risk it. He was careful to not ruin it aside from the normal wear from the previous owner. He smirked putting it back on nothing calling out from that particular window. Shoving his hands in his pockets glancing around looking for another shop more his style

He strode around awhile longer wondering when the next outing would be or if he should go see Vinny. Perhaps go out cause some trouble with Zeno. He had been lately consumed by some hole in the wall gambling dens. His luck was always good and he knew when to quit. He couldn't go to the same place too often however, they would eventually ask him to go, convinced he was pulling some tricks, which maybe he was but also it was easy to read others. Sometimes they tried refusing to let him cash out, that never ended well, for them. Word got around and most would just cut him off and let him get his winnings if he left nicely. He didn't really want to cause trouble, he was just a natural and deserved his dues.

He passed all the places he meant to before thinking he should go into the first place this time and see what else they had. The display may have been disappointing but there could be something worth going in for. He just didn't like wasting time entering every place just in the hopes of finding what he needed. Leisure shopping wasn't one of his strong suits. Scanning around not really taking note of anyone else he paused at the bench. Well hello He thought as he casually made his way over to the girl seemingly lost in thought surrounded by bags. "Mind if I sit here?"

Cheri

Kyuketsuki06
Crew

Timid Receiver

Cheri

Crew

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:43 pm

Oh. Something about the 'stranger' seemed... all too familiar. Like they'd met before. Addy paused, giving him a closer, look, before- "I know you, don't I? Was it... Lewis?" she asked, and patted the bench beside her. "Please, sit." She smiled slightly, relieved to have a very clear distraction from her thoughts. Feeling useless like this helped no one, not even her. She pulled a bag off of the bench and set it on the ground with the rest, making room for the not-quite-stranger.

He was a Giovanni. Of that she felt sure. It seemed like they'd been introduced at one of those big family gatherings in the past, but she wasn't one hundred percent certain. If nothing else, she'd definitely seen him from across the room, to be sure. Suddenly feeling shy, Addy brushed a stray curl away from her face. It had only occurred to her just now that she was alone with a boy. A... well, a man, really. She hadn't spent a lot of time around men who weren't her brother or her father.

Kyuketsuki06

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:52 pm
Lewis tipped his hat in thanks and took a seat. He looked her over and gave a friendly grin. “You got it, Lewis Milliner.” Out of all the Giovanni very few stuck out to him, she happened to be one of those few. He generally would remember names but sometimes mixed the who it belonged too unless he knew them outside of functions. "Adeli, been awhile." He wasn't sure which family event they were introduced, but he had also seen her around since.

"What had little ol' you out here looking glum?" He had noticed something was on her mind and wasn't one to be very subtle and would just speak his thoughts. Which he paused and realized maybe she didn't want to talk about it and possibly hoped no one noticed, plus they weren't exactly close either. "Ah, you know what, forget I asked. Sorry." He sighed, feeling slightly foolish quickly attempting to change the subject. “Shopping?” He nodded towards her bags, “Me too, though not doing so hot.” He raised his empty hands.

Cheri

Kyuketsuki06
Crew

Timid Receiver

Cheri

Crew

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 6:59 pm

Recognizing faces when you were in a clan as big as Giovanni didn't come easily, but as luck would have it, Addy also came from a big family. She'd gotten good at keeping fae straight. In any case, it wasn't hard to put a name to this face. When they'd met, she'd thought him cute. She tended to remember cute boys. "Yes it has," she confessed, and settled into her side of the bench with a faint sigh. "Ahh... that's a long story. Or maybe it's simple. I don't know, I'll let you decide," Adeli said, a faint smile crossing her lips. "Unless you really don't wanna know."

He'd already changed the subject, but maybe this was something she could confide in Lewis about. He was part of the Giovanni Clan. Surely he'd understand a little of where she was coming from. "It's just that I spend my time cooking or shopping. Nothing really... important." But his change of subject offered her a chance to talk about him, which was really more her speed right now. "What are you shopping for?" she asked, admittedly a little curious about what was giving him so much trouble. She tucked an errant lock of hair behind her ear, watching him with faint curiosity.

Kyuketsuki06

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 5:07 pm
He pondered on her words. “I think those things are just as important, for one, cooking not everyone does it, and not everyone is good at it. I for one love food, especially homemade. Second, shopping, another hit or miss on others, I don’t have a knack and I am quite particular.” Thinking about his task at hand. Just it was hard to find something you had a vision for, and not finding what you had in mind. Her worries didn’t seem silly or anything, he understood, it was a huge clan, and everyone seemed to have their part, not everything needed to so grand.

He laughed at her question about his reason out here, he waved his hat. “More hats,” readjusting his own. “This one is special, so I just needed a few others for different occasions to keep this one around longer. I can’t have it getting ruined.” No need to expand on the why, sometimes being in places that may be distasteful. “See, I am just on a little errand, nothing really important about.” Trying to give her support in her own trials, sharing his menial task. He smiled at her reassuringly.

Cheri

Kyuketsuki06
Crew

Timid Receiver

Cheri

Crew

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 7:13 pm

It was kind of Lewis to be so supportive about her current situation, Addy observed. He seemed like quite a nice fae. "Well... if you ever want some homemade food, you know where to find me," she said lightly, feeling her spirits rise. She supposed there were good things about what she did. Feeding family had been the reason she'd wanted to pick this hobby up to begin with, so having a clan member say that he loved homemade food definitely cheered her up a bit. "Or I suppose maybe you don't. If you know where to find the Puttanesca, you know where to find me."

She felt a little silly saying that. The chances were good he recognized her gaggle of siblings, at least, and she needn't have said. But there they were. "It's a very nice hat," she said, a faint smile curving her lips. "Do you need help shopping for a few more hats?" she asked, since he'd said that he didn't have a knack for shopping. Addy was at least sort of good at it, or else she wouldn't have had the collection of bags she'd acquired tonight.

Kyuketsuki06

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:43 pm
“I’ll surely find you and take you up on that, nothing better than a meal prepared by such a pretty lass.” Lewis had brief passings with a lot of the families, though left to do his work on his own there wasn’t many he really knew, but he at least knew of them, and more necessary to know the upper members, he delt with a lot of the money dealings, raking in as much as possible and investing quite smartly for the family. He had seen the siblings though he didn’t much want to get involved, they were… a bit much for him.

Lewis took off his hat looking it over, adjusting the brim. “If you want to help, I would love it. I am looking for something much the same and another for more leisure outings but of what style I am not sure, just something when I don’t have to snazzy up, but the lack of one even then gets to me.”

Cheri

Kyuketsuki06
Crew

Timid Receiver

Cheri

Crew

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 4:48 pm

Although Addy worked the front for her sisters, she still felt like she wasn't doing much to contribute to the family. But maybe she could ask one of her sisters or her brother if there was anything they needed help with. She brightened at Lewis's words, both because of the sentiment and because of the compliment. "Well, I'll take that as a promise, then," she said, a sunny smile on her lips. "Come by sometime and I'll cook you up a homemade meal." There was nothing quite like homemade, after all.

Well, when it came to the hats, Addy felt up for the challenge. She was definitely a good shopper, at the very least. "Of course. It sounds better than what I've been doing... although we'll be quite the sight with all my bags. You never know, that might help you when we're shopping. Sometimes the sales people pay attention to that kind of thing." After all, some of these bags were from very nice shops. "Shall we look for your hats, then?" she asked, feeling much cheered by their conversation.

Kyuketsuki06

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 5:52 pm
Lewis didn’t mind the bags, and really looked forward to the later that seemed promised. He would go see her, and check out her cooking as well. “I can help with some of the bags, let me carry half of them for you, easier split in two.”

He put his hat back on, straightened up and stood. Offering a hand out to her, “Ready?” He went ahead after she was up to pick a few of her bags. He really didn’t mind and now that he didn’t have to do this personal errand alone he was in better spirits as well. In the end he offered the crook of his arm for her to hold. “I can show you where I first looked and then go from there?”

Cheri

Kyuketsuki06
Crew

Timid Receiver

Cheri

Crew

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:33 pm

Lewis was so charming. He probably didn't even know it. Addy smiled, pleased to go shopping with her new friend. "Thank you very much!" she said, grateful for the help. She'd been a bit overwhelmed by the bags, truth be told, and any help was appreciated. Very much appreciated.

She took the offered hand, getting to her feet, and then gathered up her own half of the bags. Fortunately, with Lewis holding the other half, she still had the freedom to tuck her hand into the crook of his arm. "Ready. Let's start where you first looked, then." Addy had a few ideas on where to look, too. She'd gone shopping for hats before. One of her true talents was shopping, after all.

Kyuketsuki06

◕ Roleplay: Vampires

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff