Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uta
Crew

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 12:23 am
"“I suppose you’d rather it buy you dinner first?”

Eloisa gave another laugh, and she looked up at Romeo, blue eyes sparkling with mirth. "Why yes, of course. I am a lady after all, lest you and the wine forget," she added with a rueful grin and a good natured wink.. Perhaps she was being a bit silly, but what did that matter? She was happy, relaxed, and comfortable. Maybe some of that wine was catching up to her, but she wanted him to know her as she really was... And dates were supposed to be fun, weren't they?

.....if this was a date. Maybe it was just Romeo being polite.

It didn't occur to her to put on airs, or try to pretend to be someone she wasn't. She might have just been one of many; her father might have considered her of little value, like the rest of her sisters; and she might have been taught at least twenty different ways to get a man to talk, and used four of them just this past week on a few VIPs... but that didn't mean she didn't have her charms. At the very least, Romeo didn't seem to object.

He was the first person to actually want to talk to her, or listen to her for any great length of time. The fact he'd come back was impressive in itself. She would have felt ridiculous if he'd not shown... but it wouldn't have been the first time, either. Thankfully, that hadn't happened, and she was here, underneath the stars, with a Faehorse grazing nearby, and a lovely man sipping on wine on a blanket next to her. Maybe some of those romance novels really had got some things right...

When he graciously accepted the gift, she felt relieved. He hadn't laughed at her, and even if he simply tucked them away, and forgot about them later, they were his. And maybe, just maybe, he would think of her when he stumbled upon them in some book or another. "Prego, Signore," she spoke. "I do hope they'll get some use. With how much you like to read, I thought a few more in your collection surely wouldn't hurt." They were fitting, at least, and would hopefully remind him of their introduction.

When the strawberries appeared, Eloisa was indeed surprised. "That makes two of us then," she confessed. Sweets never went amiss with Eloisa, and these would be no exception. "A man of fine taste, truly," she remarked with a smile. "I don't remember the last time I had such a lovely treat." Chocolate covered strawberries? Weren't such things only brought out during certain holidays, or for very special occasions? They certainly weren't something regularly found on the menu in House Puattanesca "I have heard they are great for sharing though."

While Eloisa didn't know the exact history behind the fruit or the chocolate, she had heard of the legend of what sharing a strawberry with someone represented. Whether or not Romeo knew....well, of course he'd know, she assumed. He seemed to know something about everything. Perhaps he'd brought this intentionally. Then again, it could simply have been something the Machiavelli's feasted upon with every meal. They were rather a fancy lot...

Splitting a strawberry meant two people were destined to fall in love.... But surely, that was just a silly legend.

Yayoi

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 2:24 pm
He laughed giving a small shake of his head. “No, no I have not forgotten, Bella. Indeed you are a lady of refined tastes and should be treated as such. The wine should feel shame for being so forward and not taking you to dinner so much. Perhaps I will have to have a serious conversation with it.” Romeo laughed again as he took another sip of his wine.

The Machiavelli much preferred Eloisa to be herself. Putting on airs just to please him had never worked out in the end. Eventually it always seemed like the other was lying just to gain his favor and he didn’t want that with her. He wanted her open and honest with him. To see the real her and not just something she might think he wanted to see. Besides, he rather liked how she was. It was what made her, well, her. She was completely opposite him in just about every way and perhaps that is what intrigued him about her.

His attention turning back to the strawberries settled on the blanket. Plucking one up with his claws Romeo held it out to her. “Ladies first of course.” Whether or not he knew what sharing them meant he didn’t let on. When she had taken what he had offered Romeo picked one out for himself, waiting for her to bite into her’s before he did so himself. Ladies first after all.

Uta

Yayoi
Vice Captain

Super Sex Symbol

Uta
Crew

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 4:18 pm
Eloisa gave a little chuckle and a nod. "Mmm, yes, I do believe a stern talking to is in order. I'd at least like to know the name of the wine if it plans a night of such debauchery." How else was a lady to cry out in passion or desire, hmm? So Eloisa wasn't a prude as some actual ladies might well be-- she was nothing but an undead pawn. If this was her lot, she at least was going to have as much fun as possible while she could. Goodness new she'd seen plenty of men in the Clan on and in the arms of another....Fair was fair.

Ah, but silliness aside, she really was glad to be here. She let her eyes roam over Romeo, before looking back up to the blanket of stars above them. It really was a beautiful night. How often did she get to gaze at the stars, or leave the embrace of the cities lights? If she wasn't at work, she was at home; from time-to-time she went out with her sisters, shopping, or drinking, or partying but that was rarer and rarer as time went on. They each had their own lives, their own routines. Perhaps she'd need to take time to look more at the heavens.

"È davvero una bella notte," she sighed, perhaps a bit dreamily. "I'm so used to seeing nothing but neon signs or city lights, it's easy to forget the beauty above us." She, for one, was grateful for the reminder.

When he reached down to offer her a strawberry, she smiled, and took it graciously. "Grazie, bello. Cheers!" If she watched him while she took a bite of that strawberry, taking what might have been considered a sensuous bite of the treat--well, how else was one to eat a strawberry? The fruit was amazingly delicious; a perfect mix of tart and sweet, at peak ripeness, and very juicy. The chocolate wasn't too thick, and complimented the strawberry commendably.

"A little sticky," she laughed, breaking off her gaze and searching for a small napkin or handkerchief. "Ma molto bueno!" He really couldn't have spoiled her more if he'd tried. Truly, this had to be the most perfect night Eloisa had ever had.

Yayoi

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 4:58 pm
“Ah well, if the wine gave away all its secrets what would be left? But I suppose you could just call him Signore Vino.” If she really wanted to put a name to it but he suspected she was still just playing around.

After she took a bite of her’s he took a bite of his. Savoring the mixture of sweet and tart coupled with the smoothness of the chocolate. It really did come together nicely and he was glad he had decided to bring some. “Very nice.” He commented giving the fruit a quick little once over before taking another bite and finishing his. When she mentioned the stickiness he reached into the basket and pulled out a cloth napkin which he quickly handed to her. Though if perhaps they were a little further into their relationship he might have licked the stickiness from her fingers himself.

But no. He would be good. Romeo didn’t want to come on too strong and run her off. Even if it was temping. So very tempting not to be. He was a gentleman after all but even gentlemen had wants, needs and desires.

Nodding his head he smiled. “The lights really do unfortunately drown out the starlight. Before all the light pollution you could go outside and just stare up at the stars. Early navigators used the stars to find their way across the oceans.” Leaning in close to her he pointed at a particular star. “The North Star. It’s the singular most important star in the sky for navigating. If you are lost all you need to do is find that star and it will guide you to what you desire most.”

Uta

Yayoi
Vice Captain

Super Sex Symbol

Uta
Crew

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 6:36 pm
Eloisa crinkled her nose, but her smile was true. "I think perhaps Signore Vino had best plan to beguile someone else. I am in the company of another, after all -- and no real lady would leave her date for another. How fortunate for you," she teased. She wasn't sure if this actually was a date, but whatever it was, it was nice. She didn't wish it to end too quickly, at any rate.

She thanked him for the cloth napkin, but did take a moment to some of that stickiness away herself. It would make it easier to clean up, after all, and she didn't want to spoil his lovely blanket. Another sip of wine, which paired nicely with the sweet treat, and Eloisa relaxed all the more upon that blanket. "I've heard there are places, far from the city, where you can even see parts of the galaxy. I can't imagine the world as it once was... So much change. You must be used to it by now, Signore," she added, knowing full well how much he'd lived through. A knight errant, a man who knew every part of town when it was likely just a village... He certainly was full of surprises.

When he leaned close and pointed at the star, Eloisa leaned closer too, trying to follow where he pointed. She knew of the North Star, but hadn't ever been able to locate it, much less know exactly how it was used. Now, it was like a bright shining beacon, hanging high above them. "Is that so? I suppose it doesn't do much good when stuck in a city," she laughed, but the star was beautiful out here, with the city behind them. "But it sounds like a most auspicious star. I hope its brought you all you've desired during your hours of need." Maybe it would bring her a little luck whenever she felt so lost, too.

Perhaps that wasn't exactly what the star was meant to be used for, but it didn't matter. It was a very nice thought.

Yayoi

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 4:42 pm
Romeo smiled warmly. “Indeed. I am very lucky.” And he was. To be able to share this moment with her. He was very lucky. It wasn’t often that someone like Eloisa came alone, she was most certainly a rare jewel.

He nodded. “Yes, away from the cities you can see whole bands of stars stretching across the sky.” Romeo emphasized this with a grand sweep of his arm across the night sky above them. “There are those who say there are other worlds far far out there in space. Where other civilizations and people live just as we do. I don’t know if there is any truth to that but it’s fun to imagine the possibilities.”

His mind wandered briefly to the past. Going over many of his experiences. The many lives he had lived. So far this era had been relatively quiet which was fine for him. Romeo enjoyed the quiet and slow paced life he currently lived. “It does require one to be more open to change. There was a time where the lights we have today did not exist. Candles were the favored option for light. It’s been interesting to watch the world progress. To see new inventions for the betterment of the world take root. Or to watch the latest trends in fashion come and go.” He sipped at his wine before topping it off once more.

Uta

Yayoi
Vice Captain

Super Sex Symbol

Uta
Crew

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 5:49 pm
Other worlds and civilizations?

Eloisa looked from Romeo, back to the stars, her blue eyes filling with a bit of wonder. Could such a thing be true? "I suppose there's magic all around us. There must be magic out there too," she mused. Why would everything they had on Faetasia end just beyond the stars? Perhaps what gave them life extended to the stars and beyond. Romeo always made her think, and she liked that about him. His conversations were always interesting -- he was clearly a well-versed, intelligent, incredibly handsome man. "Maybe if you unlock all the secrets of this world during your unlife, you'll have the secrets of the universe to unlock, or other worlds to explore."

What stories would he return with then? Who even knew. Surely, compared to Eloisa, Romeo had done it all.

"I'm sure you've seen plenty of fashions in your time," she laughed. "Tell me, errant knight, is there some collection of ancient powered wigs you used to sport among the court of some kingdom?" She mused, half-teasing, half-serious. "Did you done pink when it was all the rage for handsome men? I'm afraid the most change I've had was a few hairstyles, and when slacks were finally acceptable garb to wear." It was easier when she was on her feet all day to wear her stylish slacks with tall heels; but that didn't mean Eloisa didn't love a good dress. She had plenty, as her current outfit confirmed. They weren't always the most conservative, but they hugged her curves in all the right places. Her style wasn't always the most modern, but Eloisa liked the loudest styles she could find.

Thankfully, Romeo didn't seem to mind.

Yayoi

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 11:49 pm
He enjoyed his conversations with Eloisa. It was rare to find anyone that might take an interest in the things he new. All the younger vampires were too busy with the here and the now to concern themselves with what was or what might be. “Apparently there is supposed to be a mythical place some scholars call the Infinite Corridor. They claim it a tall spire that reaches up to the heavens and contained within are portals that lead to other worlds. But that’s just fanciful thinking I believe. Who wouldn’t want to discover such a place?” Romeo would certainly find a place like that interesting. To explore new worlds as easily as stepping through a door.

If such a place existed.

Romeo blinked at her questions before his shoulders shook and he let out a rather loud laugh. “No I never did get into the whole powdered wig fad. Though the real reason people wore then would probably gross you out.” He wrinkled his nose at her second question. “I….uh never got into people no I am afraid. I’m sure it looked nice on other men but it was just not a color for me. I don’t think I have the complexion to pull it off anyhow.” Thankfully. Why pink ever came into fashion as a color men wore he never truly understood. But it was not a color he particularly enjoyed.

“Well I am sure you have seen more than most in that regard.” His gaze was soon drawn to the sky once more. “Oh the meteor shower is starting look.” Streaks of light began to flicker across the sky in sweeping arcs. Burning brilliantly before vanishing back into the darkness. “Make a wish quick.”

Uta

Yayoi
Vice Captain

Super Sex Symbol

Uta
Crew

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 12:34 pm
Eloisa had never heard of the mythical tower, but she tucked the name away. She could imagine what a sight to behold that might be -- a beautiful tower, rising up through the stars. "Now that would be something. A Fae could spend eternity wandering those halls and those worlds, and probably never scratch the surface." Maybe it was a hall for the gods of Faetasia. Or perhaps something beyond Final Death? A hallway full of infinite possibilities.... a chance to start life anew in another world. Then again, Final Death could be just that... final.

"Myths always have a kernel of truth to them, Signore. Perhaps there is some infinite corridor out there. I dare say, if ever a Fae were to get the opportunity to witness such a thing, that it might be you. I have no doubt you'd be one of the few to truly appreciate it for what it was." And that was the truth. He seemed to so earnest with his stories, and his love of books were almost like an escape to another realm, another time, another world. Surely, such a learned man like him deserved such an honor, if ever the gods were willing.

His laugh at her question drew a smile from her. His laugh sounded hearty, and she liked the sound immensely. "Oh Signore, I promise I'm not as squeamish as all that," she laughed. Goodness knew she'd seen and participated in acts that would send nobler women into hysterics or fainting fits. Still, she gave a little laugh. "I do believe I know the reason, but I'll save us from spoiling our picnic by leaving it at that." He was a gentleman, after all -- and who wanted to talk about lice and disease on such a lovely picnic?

At his mention of the shower, she turned her gaze up towards the heavens. Sure enough, the shower did not disappoint. A flesh of light here; an arc there. When was the last time shed seen a shooting star, much less a sky full of them? "Oh," she sucked in a breath, enraptured. At his request to make a wish, she closed her eyes for just a moment, and sent a little prayer to the stars. Perhaps it would be answered, perhaps it wouldn't.

Her biggest wish had already been granted, after all--having Romeo show up at all had been what she'd wanted most the past few days. And he had no disappointed.

Eloisa stole a peek over at her earnest companion. "Did you make one?" A glance back at the stars. "The heavens certainly don't disappoint, do they?" She sighed, a bit dreamily. Even without the meteor shower, the moon hung overhead like a sparkling gem; and the sea of twinkling diamonds surrounding it was truly beautiful.

Yayoi

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 9:22 pm
Romeo shook his head with a smile. While the thought of exploring different worlds sounded thrilling he quite enjoyed his life here. The thought of endlessly wandering from world to world made him feel a bit homesick. “No, I am afraid I much rather like this world to tell you the truth. Everything I want is here. No other world would do for me.” Reaching over he slid a crooked finger beneath her chin, lifting her chin so that his stormy eyes could look into her brilliant blue. They were like deep pools that drew him in and if he was not careful he might drown in them. But would that be so bad?

His hand slid away from her chin. “Ah well then I too will not explore this topic of wits any further either.” Romeo wasn’t squeamish but it wasn’t really a proper topic for conversation either. Less so with a lady.

As the shower continued to sparkle across the sky he watched as Eloisa closed her eyes and made her wish. A warm smile finding its way to his lips. Wondering what it was that she had wished for. But he wouldn’t ask her what it was. “Of course.” Came his reply. “But I cannot tell you what it is otherwise it might not come true. And I would hate for that to happen. It’s a really good wish though. So I do hope it comes true.” His gaze turned back to the stars as he leaned back and laid on his back to get a better view of the night sky. Romeo had always loved the stars. There were many theories about what exactly was out there. Other civilizations, different worlds, the Gods themselves. Any number of ideas could be true. Maybe they all were.

Uta

Yayoi
Vice Captain

Super Sex Symbol

Uta
Crew

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 1:00 pm
Romeo surprised Eloisa but reaching up to push up her chin. As he gazed down at her, she might well have been put to blush. His grey eyes were captivating, the color a mix of storm clouds and smoke. They were lustrous under the starlight... and yet, to be under their regard made her stomach flutter, and her ears grow warm.

"Then may this world continue to provide you everything you want, and more," she spoke, ever sincere. She wouldn't mention the fact that on a purely personal and selfish level, she was glad he had no desire to leave this world, if ever a spire was found. For Eloisa was no explorer, no other-worldly traveler; even if she could, her sisters were here, her brother, her Clan, her famiglia, and presently, Romeo. Though they'd just met, she'd hate to lose him so soon, and to temptations she could only imagine. Life wasn't easy, but she had her shop, she had memories, and she hoped someday to raise a family all her own in Hemlock, to start a new generation of trouble. She couldn't ever see leaving it.

Peeking back up at the stars as he spoke, she gave a little grin. "Of course, Signore. May both our wishes come true then." She was painfully curious what his good wish might be. When Eloisa knew there were secrets to be shared, she couldn't help but want to know. On the other hand, she also wanted his wish to come true, whatever it might be... so she would have no choice but to behave. But that didn't stop her from imagining what it might be. What did a man like Romeo Machiavelli wish for on stars? Eloisa knew what her wish was... but only time would tell if it came true.

Eloisa took another sip of her wine, enjoying the night for what it was. She would have never expected to get to settle on a blanket beneath the stars, especially in such charming company. It really was too good to be true, and she almost wondered when the other shoe would drop. But here and now, everything was lovely... her sisters would never, ever, believe it. Franny would get an earful the next night, certainly.

Taking a page out of Romeo's book, Eloisa let herself lean back upon the blanket, gazing up at the endless sky full of stars. Not only was the meteor shower beautiful, and she periodically gasped, or pointed to one of the brighter, or larger meteors, wanting to ensure her company saw... but during times of quiet, she could see the constellations, or at least, the ones she recognized, the moon in all its glory, and so many, many sparkling stars.

The night was nothing short of romantic, and for once in her life, Eloisa had no desire to disturb it with her gift of gab. There could be comfort and peace in quiet... especially when nature was on full display.

Yayoi

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 4:47 pm
Romeo turned his head so that he might gaze at her as he lay on the blanket. A warm smile on his lips as his grey eyes glowed softly in the dim light of the moon. “It’s done a pretty good job so far.” He mused. Glad that she was relaxed enough to join him at gazing at the stars on their backs. It was easier on the neck and the hill was at such an angle that you really didn’t need to strain yourself to look up. It was the perfect place.

He lifted his head only briefly so that he might take another sip of his wine before settling the glass back down. Letting it’s flavor roll over his tongue as he enjoyed it. Good wine, good foods, gorgeous company. This might had really worked out for him and if he might have seemed a little smug it was only because of the success he had had with this plan.

Another charming smile found its way to his lips as Eloisa gasped and pointed at the stars. Trying to show him what she saw. Her excitement and enthusiasm was refreshing. Maybe they could watch the stars again another night. It was something he enjoyed and with such a beautiful lady to share the night with really made it all the more special. But he was happy to just enjoy them in silence, if she wanted to talk that was fine as well. Reaching over he took her hand, lacing his fingers with hers as he held them up towards the sky. Pointing a finger at a particular star. “That star is Vega also known as the Weaving Princess.” Moving their hands across the sky he pointed at another star. “That one is Altair also known at the Huntsman. Those two stars are meant to represent love. In the summer time they are separated by the band of stars that make up the edge of our own galaxy.”

Uta

Yayoi
Vice Captain

Super Sex Symbol

Uta
Crew

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 10:47 pm
Eloisa was surprised when Romeo took her hand and laced his fingers over her own. The touch of his hand was warm, and her stomach fluttered a little response-- but it was his turn to share some things with her. She looked at Vega, and then she looked at Altair, listening to the story Romeo chose to share. She didn't know anything about individual stars, or their story--but maybe she'd try to look it up, or perhaps, there was more to the story.

"Is that so?" She spoke, a little dreamily. How romantic! "Is there more to their story, Signore? I've not heard it before, if so... though it seems sad they must be separated, especially if they represent love." Perhaps he'd know the history? Ah, but Romeo always knew so much. It was nice to learn from him... and he never seemed to look down at her for her ignorance. Perhaps someday she'd get to amaze him like he did her.

And oh, how Romeo did amaze her. How could he not? He was learned, and kind, and generous... Nothing at all like the men she knew, or the men she'd often been around. Unlike her family, and even herself, he didn't appear to be a bully, or sport a temper. He treated her well--too well--so much so she almost felt like a fraud. She never would have expected someone in the Clan to be so romantic....and yet....here she was. Did he do with every woman he met on benches? Well, even if he did, Eloisa couldn't mind--not when he was currently sharing this night with her.

She gave his fingers a little squeeze, in no rush to untangle her fingers with his, or break the connection. Of course, she'd let go if he seemed to want to pull his hand away...but she didn't mind being a little bold.

"Do you have a favorite constellation, signore Machiavelli? Or a favorite star?" Eloisa's blue eyes scanned the starscape, recognizing a few of the better known constellations and clusters. "I always liked finding the Pleiades," she mused. "A star cluster full of sisters-- I'm sure you're shocked by this admission," she laughed, knowing full well how predictable it seemed. "It was nice knowing I wasn't alone in a family full of girls--that even the stars can have a gaggle of sisters." The Puttanesca sisters were a force to reckon with, but it was also easy to feel a bit alone, even in the company of eight sisters.

Yayoi

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 2:55 pm
“Yes. It is a sad story I am afraid.” Many stars and constellations had stories from long ago. It was a shame that most didn’t know about them anymore. People weren’t as interested in myth or legends like they had once be and that always seemed like such a shame to the Machiavelli.Disinterest was the main cause of so much history being lost. The younger generations were more interested in the here and now and so finding those willing to carry on this information, the stories, was hard to do. Perhaps it was why Romeo had such an interest in these things. Not only had he lived in those times of myth and legend but because all of that deserved to be preserved.

Clearing his throat he smiled. “ Vega was celestial princess, a goddess of the sky. Immortal she may have been, yet she was weary as it seemed she would live in eternity alone.One day Altair, a mortal, caught the eye of Vega. She descended from the heavens to greet him, and as they got to know each other she fell deeply in love. Vega promises Altair that no matter what they will be together in the heavens.But when Vega’s father finds out, he is enraged that his daughter would fall in love with a mere mortal. His fury only grows when he discovers that Vega promised to bring Altair up to the heavens with here.In the most cruel of fashions, Vega’s father grants the promise that she made. The two lovers were placed in the sky as stars. Yet while they were both in the heavens, they were not together. The great Celestial River separated them. Yet each year, on the seventh night of the seventh moon, a bridge of magpies forms across the Celestial River. Though it would be for one night a year the two lovers are reunited as Altair dares to travel to his beloved.Yet, sometimes Altair’s annual trip across the Celestial River is too dangerous and he doesn’t quite make it.In those dark years, Vegas’ tears form raindrops that fall over Over Faetasia.”

It was indeed a sad story, but it even in darkness there could be a bright spot somewhere if you just looked for it. “That type of story plays out more often than not through history. Even in our real lives as well. It’s the striggle of love to find purchase where adversity would have you beaten down and hopeless.” He mused. Hopefully she enjoyed the story.

At her question he was silent for a moment as he pondered. “Monoceros. Also known as the Unicorn. You know I thought I saw one once but it disappeared before I could actually get a good look at it.” Romeo smiled as she squeezed his hand, giving a small squeeze of his own back before he lifted her hand to his lips and place a soft kiss along her knuckles before he pulled it away. “I hope that wasn’t too forward of me.” He couldn’t help it though. Romeo was really enjoying the time he spent with Eloisa. She genuinely listened when he talked, asked questions. Those blue eyes seemed so full of wonder it was refreshing.  

Yayoi
Vice Captain

Super Sex Symbol

Uta
Crew

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:50 pm

Eloisa had never heard the tale of Vega and Altair. It wasn't that the Puttanesca wasn't smart or bookish--her family simply wasn't known to encourage scholarly endeavors. Instead, she'd been expected to stay out of the way, to do what she was told, and reminded of her place. So long as she stayed out of the way, and was there when he or others in the family needed, that was all that mattered.

So it was, she listened quietly, quite enraptured to learn the new tale. Perhaps she'd tell Franny about it, or Addy--it was quite romantic, after all. Blue eyes gazed up with wonder at stars, envisioning their plight of the two lovers. She could easily imagine the distaste of the celestial father, intervening in such a tricky way. Hell, such a theme was a very common tale even in today's day and age. How many out there were torn apart simply because others thought it best to interfere?

"How tragic," she agreed with a heavy sigh, once it was all said and done. "Their love must be great indeed to survive so long. And only to see one another once a year, if that..." She shook her head, giving a little click of her tongue. "A shame she couldn't beg her father to come to his senses, but he sounds like a stubborn star god. You'd think his daughter's happiness would mean more to him than his own spite or vengeance...But I suppose--" she stopped herself. Just another story that underscored a daughter's lack of worth or importance. If that was her own father, would he even waste his time? Would he even care? Or would he just knock off the offending hooligan and be done with it?

Of course, as Romeo said, the story did have a silver lining. Her frown turned into a soft smile, and she gave a nod. "It was a beautiful story, even if it's tragic. But at least their love lives on, despite the hardships. I'm sure when Altair and Vega are able to reunite, it makes all the time apart worth it." What a pure and wholesome love. No wonder their story was written in the stars.

Monoceros. "I wasn't aware there was a constellation known as the Unicorn. Is it anywhere in the night sky or are we in the wrong part of Faetasia to see it?" Or perhaps the wrong season. However, she did give him a look of genuine surprise at his story. "Now wouldn't that be something! I do know they say they are drawn to those pure of heart. If anyone should get to see one, I bet it would be you, oh valiant knight," she grinned. And why wouldn't he? They might be damned, but that didn't mean they couldn't have romance or be as pure as a vampire could get. They all had their Beasts, but what creature out there didn't cast a shadow?

The kiss of her hand had her smile growing, and if her cheeks flushed just a little, it couldn't be help. "Not at all, monsieur." Biting her lower lip, she moved herself just a little closer to him on the blanket. Not enough to be untoward, but it would make it far easier for their hands to touch while they gazed at the stars. A little sign that she was more than fin with his close proximity.

Yayoi

◕ Roleplay: Vampires

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces