Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hospital Wing
Milan Wellbelove's Bed Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:59 pm
User Image

As the nurse places you onto the bed, the crisp clean sheets shifted lightly. Their fresh scent was subtly and relaxing. Near by a small table sat unadorned. Sometimes a calico cat could be seen siting there watching over you. To both sides are cloth screens for privacy. The large windows let in plenty of light. At night small lamps are lit next to the beds until the nurse comes around and dims them. This is your bed for your stay in the hospital wing.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:03 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx♡ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Empty Bed - Hospital Wing
xxx♡ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Robin, Milan
xxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Stitching Up
xxxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I need to know more information here

All Marni wanted was a ten minute break for some tea. That's it. But, much like the rest of this year, chaos reigned supreme. A student ran in, shouting about an accident, someone fell down the stairs. Marni nodded, pushing herself to her feet and hurrying to pull open the door. Robin Winchester ran in, levitating a really, really bloody student. Robin quickly explained everything xey knew, that this was Milan Wellbelove, he fell from the fifth to the second floors, broken bones, bleeding and glass everywhere. Marni nodded, her wand quickly moving over the boy. She pushed a stretcher under him, allowing Robin to remove xer spell for the time being. Marni moved Milan to a bed, then transferred him into it before her magical motions.

"You did a wonderful job, Robin. And thank you for getting him here so quickly. You said he fell three flights? Did anything happen at the top, or was it something like... tripping or heaven forbid, pushing?" Her voice remained calm, measured, so as not to exacerbate the situation further. Marni gently severed the fabric of Milan's shirt, secretly glad he wasn't wearing his previously common three-piece suit. There were so many bruises, everything coated in a layer of blood. "Broken leg for sure, I think you're right about his jaw as well. Possibly a broken rib here too. We need to get him cleaned up so we can see better." A few more spells escaped her wand, each moving precicely where needed to help heal up the boy.

Sure enough, small fragments of glass, some from the phial, some weighted for his vision, pulled free, moving into a small bowl on a table she'd brought closer. His heart rate... it was too even, too carefully timed. Something else certainly must have happened here. Had he tried to end life on his own terms, or had this been a terrible accident? Hopefully once they could get him healed up, she'd get her answers. Marni already knew she'd be speaking once more to Charlotte Wellbelove, but under what circumstances?

After his wounds were closed, blood no longer spilling over, Marni was able to take a slow breath. "He doesn't.. have much damage to his head. Certainly not enough that he lost consciousness for this long. Now that he's healed, he should be coming to... unless." Oh, child, what was going on? She waved her wand a few more times, now pulling up anything he'd consumed. With a sigh, she saw one she'd been informed he had probably been taking. Bless the student rumor mills. Marni walked to the cabinet, grabbing a blue potion, measuring it carefully in a syringe. Putting it under the boy's tongue, she gently pushed the potion into his mouth.

She gently brushed his messy brown hair out of his eyes as life stirred back into him. "Easy, calm, you're safe here, Milan. Do you remember what happened?"

addaellis
          Marni = #AB274F
          Milan = #0FC0FC

When the visions around you bring tears to your eyes
          And all that surrounds you are secrets and lies
          I'll be your strength I'll give you hope, keeping your faith when it's gone
          The one you should call was standing there all along
          I've loved you forever, in lifetimes before
          And I promise you never will you hurt anymore
          I give you my word, I give you my heart. This is a battle we've won
          And with this vow, forever has now begun
          And I will take you in my arms and hold you right where you belong
          Til' the day my life is through, this I promise you

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:47 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Hospital Wing?
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Nurse, Robin... Lemon Shirt
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? ??????
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? What happened? Where are Echo and Hari?

Pain. Everywhere was just... pain. Everything was bright, chaotic... normally when he was asleep, nothing reached him. How was this different? His name... someone was... talking to him. His brain felt like it was trying to swim through syrup. "Where... am I? What's..." He tried to sound out his words, though they were badly slurred. "Easy now. You'll be alright. Robin, will you stay here with him a moment, I'm going to go start a report and grab a pen to write everything down. He's stable and coming to, just be gentle." She stepped out, her heels clicking against the floor.

Milan tipped his head to the side, seeing the blurred form of who must be Robin. With his vision being hazy, he couldn't make out all the details around. "Lemons... heh. Nice..." he mumbled, a nod before his head drooped back. Vision swimming, he closed his eyes a second, before he must have dropped back to sleep, because he was being rewoken by the nurse. "There will be time for sleeping soon, I promise, Milan." "No.... I can't sleep..." His voice, soft, sounded like it was spoken by someone far away.

Marni sighed softly, looking at the boy who was drifting back off. If he had really been taking sleeping potions as long as rumor said, he was probably past the point of needing weaned off. Normally, sleep potions were a very short term solution, but for someone desperate... well, it ended up far worse. "Come on, Mister Wellbelove. Just answer a few questions, then I'll help you fall to sleep. Can you remember what happened? Did something cause this?"

Milan blinked up, his head struggling to remember the events. How had he ended up here? "I was... going down to sisters... um... Slytherin... bedroom..." He closed his eyes tight, head shaking a bit. A soft whisper... the lights dimmed down, allowing Milan's dark eyes to open once more. "We were supposed to... help... project, y'know?" The words he heard, they didn't sound like his own. He blinked a few more times, head still swimming as pain rolled over him. "I was... stairs. I needed to wake up. I was... so tired... I drank... potion... but it wasn't... it wasn't green..."

Marni clucked her tongue, her pen moving over the paper she held. Had he said something wrong? He looked back over at Robin, trying to find something to focus on. For now, it was the blurry lemons. It was easier to look at fabric than to be looked at by someone that was judging him. He closed his eyes again, feeling tears welling up.

"I don't... know anything else after that."

{{Wearing :: jeans and a Ravenclaw Quidditch tee, boater shoes, carrying his satchel}}
          {{Post approved as part of an active plot request}}
          addaellis

Marni = #AB274F
          Milan = #0FC0FC

✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮
          Tᴡɪsᴛɪɴ' ᴡᴏʀᴅs, ᴡᴇ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ sᴀʏ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴍᴇᴀɴ
          Bʀᴏᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʟᴀss, ᴛʜɪɴɢs ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ sᴛᴀʏ ᴇᴠᴇʀɢʀᴇᴇɴ
          Iᴛ's ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴀ ʜᴀʀᴅ ᴘɪʟʟ ᴛᴏ sᴡᴀʟʟᴏᴡ ᴀɴᴅ ɴᴏᴡ
          Wᴇ'ʀᴇ ᴄᴏᴍɪɴ' ᴅᴏᴡɴ, ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ᴄᴏᴍɪɴ' ᴅᴏᴡɴ
          Wɪsʜ I ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ɢᴏ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛᴏ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴡᴇ ᴡᴏʀᴇ ʜᴀᴘᴘʏ ғᴀᴄᴇs
          Bᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴍɪʟᴇs ᴀʟʟ ғᴀᴅᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴡᴇ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴇʀᴀsᴇ ᴛʜɪs
          Is ɪᴛ ᴛᴏᴏ ʟᴀᴛᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ sᴛᴀʏ? Is ɪᴛ ᴀʟʟ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴀ sᴛᴀᴛᴇ ᴏғ ᴍɪɴᴅ?
          ✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:16 pm

User Image❦❧
ROBIN NOVA WINCHESTER

fourth year || Ravenclaw || pureblood
Language Club || Herbology Club || Quidditch hype pal

Robin took a deep breath as Miss Marni got straight to work. She was calm, even, professional, and it helped Robin focus. Xe reported what xe knew, apologised for not seeing more, and turned to the student who had delivered the message, who also shook their head, not having seen anything before the tumble. Their eyes were wide as a house-elfs, and they were trembling as hard as they were breathing. Xe pointed out a chair nearby for them to sink into.

Madam Kavanagh confirmed the broken leg and jaw, in addition to a rib. She cleaned the body off quickly, her spells near and precise. It was strangely settling, watching a professional at work. Xe took another breath.

Robin remembered seeing Milan around the common room occasionally, taking a practised swig of potion. There didn’t seem to be a particular schedule to it all– at least as far as xe could tell, but xe knew anything might help.

“I..have a theory, but it might be baseless. I know Milan’s been taking wideye potion throughout the day to stay awake, and um. I heard he’s been taking something else at night, probably to help him sleep? Maybe…there was a vial crash. Someone’s cleaning it up now so maybe–oh!”

Xe shrugged Milan’s bag off xer shoulder, submitting it to the nurse as hopefully helpful evidence. She though, had a more elegant solution, casting a spell that told her…something. It looked something like the diagnostic spell xe had learned in healing, but with more details pointing out different things. They had an immediate solution in the cabinet, and soon enough, Milan was stirring.

Robin nodded as Madam Kavanagh instructed xem to stay with Milan, and sank into a chair next to the bed. ”Hey. You okay?”

Of course he wasn’t okay, he took a flight down three bloody–literally now–flights of stairs!

”Sorry. You took a bad fall and are in the hospital wing now. How are you feeling?” Milan was really out of it, tipping his head to the size and muttering something about lemons instead. Robin looked around then down confusedly before realising he meant xer shirt. Xe didn’t really understand, but if it kept Milan talking, that was fine right? ”Oh yeah. Do you like lemons?” Xe nudged his shoulder–somewhere that didn’t look as bloodied and bruised anyways– ”Hey, you awake?”

Nurse Kavanagh was back soon, coaxing Milan out of sleep to answer a few questions. Milan answered in a daze. Something about seeing his sisters down in Slytherin, about helping on a project–was this all over some homework assignment?--and then taking a potion that apparently changed colors on him. ”You took a bad fall and are in the hospital wings now,” xe repeated hopefully helpfully. Maybe it just took a bit to sink in. After all, Madam Kavanagh had mentioned Milan’s head wasn’t too damaged. That was good. Maybe it was just like waking up after a long nap. Please let that be all, Please O’Lord restore him to health and heal his wounds, restore him to health and heal his wounds.

Milan was crying now. Or about to. Robin tried to look politely to the side, at the bag on the plain side table. What could help now? Madam Kavanagh could take care of things physically. But mentally….surely there was something to be done about the wide-eye potions…maybe the other potions? Who might get through to him? ”Should…should I get your sisters?”

setting Fourth > Second floor landing || with Milan Wellbelove who fell from the sky stairs
appearance 5’3” spindly || wearing lemon shirt
status Nononononononononono

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Hello my old heart
How have you been
Are you still there inside my chest?
I've been so worried
You've been so still
Barely beating at all
Oh, don't leave me here alone
Don't tell me that we've grown

❧❦
~"Hello My Old Heart" by The Oh Hello's

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:46 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Interrogation
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Please, don't let these tears fall

Milan blinked over at Robin, the words settling in the air. Was he okay? No, probably not. If so, he wouldn't be here. "Noooo?" his voice was squeaky, breaking over his attempt at words. He blinked slowly, feeling his brain slowing down. He tried to fight, tried to keep his eyes open. He mentioned the only thing his eyes could focus on. Lemons. Something about lemons...

Robin's voice cut through the fog for a moment, hearing a question. Did Milan like lemons? He pondered a second before offering a half-nod. "Yea... lemons... yea..." his voice drifted as a wave of pain-fueled sleep took over once more. The nightmare, no... it was starting again. He needed to wake up. Luckily, a voice roused him back to life. His breaths were deep, catching as he tried to push away the emotions... the pain. He nodded, trying to answer the question asked.

The nurse was back, asking questions that Milan simply couldn't find. Robin spoke again.. he'd been in a bad fall? No, that couldn't be right. He was asleep, wasn't he? But sleep wouldn't render so much pain. A soft whine escaped him, the brunette struggling to sit up, even a bit. "Where does it hurt, Milan? I thought I had everything healed up, but if pain is still radiating, I may need to do more." The nurse moved, gently tapping her wand over Milan's form once more, not stopping, even when he tried to swat her away. Marni sighed over him, then spoke, this time... not to Milan, no, to Robin. "No, don't worry. I'll send one of the teachers to collect them.

Earlier... you mentioned that he's been taking these potions, the wide-eye and something for sleep as well? And there was a vial crash, was that at the time of the fall? If so, it may have been an accident, but unfortunately, we can't rule out su-... well. We can't rule anything out."
                                                                At the mention, however vague, Milan closed his eyes, trying to press tears back from anyone's view. He'd managed to prevent people from seeing how close to the edge he was, but... everything was breaking.

"Robin, love, how well do you know Milan? Or... do you know any of his friends, possibly? Anyone he may have confided in. I... I'm worried his sisters will try to protect him, and close off any questioning. I hate to ask you this, but I know you share houses with Milan, and you'd certainly know his routine better than myself."

{{Wearing :: jeans and a Ravenclaw Quidditch tee, boater shoes, carrying his satchel}}
          addaellis

Marni = #AB274F
          Milan = #0FC0FC

✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮
          ✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:06 pm

User Image❦❧
ROBIN NOVA WINCHESTER

Milan was obviously in a haze, his voice squeaky and drifty, like he was constantly drifting in and out of sleep. Robin sat next to the bed, praying silently and trying to do something. Xe offered to get his sisters, but that was shut down. Madam Kavanagh asked if there was more pain, but the boy kept swatting Madam Kavanagh’s hand away. Robin thought quickly, trying to figure out what to do. Xe wished xe could do something about the clearly excruciating pain, but after a moment of thinking, xe realized Madam Kavanagh hadn’t given Milan anything yet so because she needed to know if there was a place the diagnostics had missed. Xe didn’t want to push Milan when he was in such a state, but also didn’t want to hinder the nurse with xer inexperience. Xe hesitated a moment long and instead just remained quiet until addressed.

Madam Kavanagh asked about the potions and Robin held the bag up again: ”Milan, we’re going to check your stuff for which potions you were taking, okay?” xe informed more than asked, waiting only for a sound of acknowledgement. Xe really didn’t want to be breaking into people’s privacy, even in such an instance, but it wasn’t like they were doing something bad. ”This one. And this is the wide-eye.”

Xer eyes widened at Madam Kavanagh’s suggestion: Suicide

”No.” xe responded immediately firmly. Xe didn’t know where the confidence came from or how even xe knew that was the answer. Actually, the more xe thought about it, the more xe recognized how very silly it was that xe had any opinion in the matter. Robin wasn’t Milan’s friend, just a convenient passerby. Robin didn’t know the first thing about suicide, or Milan for that matter. But like a bolt of lighting on a clear day, the thought appeared firmly in xer mind: unless Milan explicitly said he was trying to die, then Robin was going to believe that it was a tragic accident and not a death wish.

Robin hadn’t even been home when Sparrow slit her wrists in the bathtub. Xe hadn’t even found out until Nim wrote a separate letter explaining everything. Robin hadn’t been able to do anything for her afterwards–xer letters went unanswered, Wren didn’t give details, and even Piper didn’t want to write about how Sparrow was feeling in all of it. It all made it all the worse when Robin returned and Sparrow was exactly the same as when xe left: Sparrow had been incredible at convincing other people she was fine–she showed just enough of her pain that people thought she was getting better, when she was just getting better at hiding how fast and hard she was slipping.

Robin stared at the torn-open jeans, skin still pink from the healing charms. Xe could still see the shattered bone and knew that below the seams, that bone was still broken. Madame Kavanagh would re-set it properly once she was sure all the rest of the injuries had been taken care of. Xe glanced up at Milan’s face, where his jaw was still knitting itself back together: his eyes shut but he still turned away, like he was trying to hide. Behind the exhaustion, behind what people--even random people like xem-- could see, how much more was Milan hiding?

”Madam Kavanagh, is there something we can do for like…the worst of the pain? Something localised at least? xe asked, distracted for the moment before the good nurse refocused xem, asking about Milan’s schedule.

Xe racked xer head for ideas, reaching into xer own bag for a planner. Xe retraced xer own schedule, trying to imagine where xe would have seen the older Ravenclaw. ”He was close friends with Angier,” xe said unhelpfully. More recently. ”He hangs out a lot with his sisters in Slytherin, I think. Otherwise, I’ve only really talked to him when I went to the Daily Dragon room once for an interview. Uhh..and I see him in the Common Room occasionally working on…homework or drawing, I think. I’m not sure. He always has this thick sketchbook. I’m sorry. I…wish I could help more.”

setting Fourth > Second floor landing || with Milan Wellbelove who fell from the sky stairs
status Nononononononononono

Hello my old heart
How have you been
I've been so worried
You've been so still
Barely beating at all

❧❦

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:08 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Pain meds~
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Please, don't leave me alone here

Milan wished he had the ability to put his thoughts into words. Mostly because he desperately needed some pain meds, but also, because he was scared. And fear... well, it wasn't an emotion that he allowed himself to feel. He knew the line of questioning, he'd soon enough be assumed to be mentally unstable, probably locked up somewhere... no... it was an accident. Robin would help... right? His brain felt like it was skipping a few beats, trying desperately to keep himself afloat.

Robin's voice sounded up, pushing past the clouds in Milan's head. The brunette turned his head a bit, wincing at the pain the movement caused. They were going to check his stuff? But... why? Oh, right. Potions caused this mess. Milan let out a squeaky exhale, the closest he could currently do to an affirmative. At this point, Milan didn't have much to lose. "That one is dreamless sleep, yes, and the wide-eye as well. Are there any others? Milan, have you been taking anything else? Potions or otherwise? This is judgement free, but I need to know for dosing medications."

Milan felt a soft hand on his bruised shoulder, eyes closing against the rush of pain. Why wasn't she helping? Oh wait. She was talking. Needs to know what else... was he taking anything else? "No... just... sometimes coffee... um... tea... lemons..." He faded out, brain shutting out the pain from talking. Tears lined his lashes once more, but he hoped it was enough. Robin's voice... asking about pain relief. Thank all the gods they were the one here with him. "Yes, I'm satisfied. We can certainly try to ease some of it. There will still be some mild pain while the healing progresses. And I'm going to have to... well, you won't be high pleased with me." She spoke softly, knowing she would likely have to re-break a few bones to set them properly, and while he was entirely loopy wasn't the best time. She'd probably have to get his sisters here before that phase could begin.

Milan peeked his eyes open, trying to watch the people move about. Unfortunately, without his glasses, everything was a cryptic blur. Then again, even with his glasses, he was sure everything would still be chaotic. He did focus just long enough on the nurse to see she was preparing a needle. Oh hell no. Blue eyes darted around in a panic, reaching his... well, slightly less painful arm out, grabbing the first thing he could. Turns out, it was the hand attached to the lemon shirt. Robin. Well, they were in it this deep. The nurse started gently patting Milan's other arm, causing the brunette to scrunch up his face, highlighting the swelling still over his jaw. A small whimper escaped as the syringe entered, but just as quickly as it began, he felt her release his arm, then a wave of calm wash over his entire body.

Muscles relaxed, his eyelids drooped a bit. His hand, still interlaced with Robin's, gave a small squeeze, his brain trying to make sure he hadn't simply faded away in those moments. As he fired his mind back up, he heard voices talking, something about seeing him in their commons... drawing.... hey, that was his favorite hobby.......

"I'm afraid anyone would give me similar answers. Unfortunately, they started their years excluding everyone but themselves... I was hoping they would have branched, but I suppose one of their biggest connections... well, I'm sure you know. Thank you, by the way. I know this has all been a lot on your shoulders. It's nice to learn who the helpers are. Most people would have simply summoned a teacher, but you were so kind as to make sure we got Milan into care. On that note, you don't have to stay if you have other plans. Otherwise, I may keep you here to help monitor while I speak with a few others."

Somewhere, his mind fired up. Something about Robin leaving... but if Robin left, who would make sure Milan was okay? Subconsciously, Milan's hand gave another squeeze, still holding Robin's hand like a lifeline to sanity. If he let go, the nightmares and pain would take over... but Robin was keeping everything at bay, right? He peeked up again, a tiny smile when he saw the bright spots of lemon-yellow still nearby. Maybe having a caring stranger here was okay.... and maybe, just maybe, Robin would end up one of Milan's few friends....

addaellis

Marni = #AB274F
          Milan = #0FC0FC

✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮
          ✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:50 pm

User Image❦❧
ROBIN NOVA WINCHESTER

After setting the offending potions on the side table for Madam Kavanagh to collect and inspect, Robin had sat with xer hands clasped in a prayer position. As Madam Kavanagh started the intravenous drip, Milan’s hand suddenly grabbed xers. Oh! Afraid of needles, Robin realized. Xe shifted one hand out so Milan would have an actual hand to grab, and blanketed Milan’s hand with xer other. As hard as he grabbed, xe was okay with. This was familiar.

”Little pinch, there, all done,” xe murmured like xer own healers used to say when giving a shot. The IV line certainly looked thicker than a shot needle, but it was the same principle, right?

Xe told Madam Kavanagh everything xe knew–unfortunately it wasn’t very much, and nodded in understanding as the nurse explained that the quadruplets were excluding themselves, retreating and isolating into themselves instead of branching out after one of their biggest connections abruptly and gruesomely departed. Robin nodded. Xe was unfortunately familiar with the isolation that grief brought.

”Not at all, if you and Milan don’t mind, I would like to stay,” xe replied. Xe would write a note to let Aunt Verine know something had come up and xe wouldn’t be down, but xe could do that later. Xe confirmed Milan should be kept awake and settled back into the chair next to the bed.

Milan’s hand gave xers another squeeze as Madam Kavanagh left to check with her other patients. Xe patted Milan’s hand reassuringly. Milan’s eyes peeked open, and the ghost of a smile lit up his face. ”Hey, stay awake okay? I know you probably want to sleep but we’ve got to keep you awake for a bit.”

Xe racked xer memories for information about Milan–anything at all–that might help. Robin didn’t want to pressure Milan into talking about anything in particular if he didn’t want to–that wasn’t xer job. But it wasn't like they could just talk about the weather, and xe honestly didn’t know too much about Milan Wellbelove aside from fashion and the unfortunate demise of Milan’s late friend. It was worth a shot. If not…well, xe prayed for the right words to come if not. ”Do…do you want to talk about Angier? Or….”

status Stay awake, Milan.

Hello my old heart
How have you been
I've been so worried
You've been so still
Barely beating at all

❧❦

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2023 12:16 am
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Hopefully they can keep a secret...

Milan hated needles. Sure, he dealt with them on a near daily basis, but the ones he handled weren't little tunnels designed to steal away his very lifeblood! Stupid doctors and their stupid needles. Robin had made his hand a sandwich, telling him what was happening as it did. A sharp exhale whistled through his teeth, the scrunching causing quite a bit of pain on his still tender jaw.

Luckily, after she was done, the nurse reassured that the needle was all gone. Good. It needed to be gone. She did a bit more work at his side, securing an IV in place no doubt. Milan tried to steady his breath, hoping to pull back the tears he felt on his lower lashes. When she was done, she asked if Robin minded staying with him. Surprisingly to Milan, Robin agreed, even asking if the brunette minded. Milan offered a little lopsided grin, lips still sinking where the break in his jawbone was.

Blue eyes drifted closed a bit, just long enough to hear Marni and Robin discussing keeping him awake and making sure to note any changes or whatnot. A small pat tapped against his hand, causing the inquisitive eyes to peek open once more. Robin said he wasn't allowed to sleep right now, that he had to stay awake. "I can't sleep... the nightmares... they're awful."

Studying Robin as best he could with his blurred vision, Milan wondered what was going through their head. At their words, however, Milan's eyes widened a bit, a deep breath causing his chest to rise. The misplaced ribs ached a bit, causing him to wince. "Angier... were you friends with him? I'm sure you were, don't think anyone could dislike him...." He chuckled softly, sound barely escaping him. "I had... fancied him quite a bit. Never... had a chance to tell him... Never told anyone really."

His voice was a much quieter murmur, all hints of confusion gone for a moment. After Angier's untimely demise, it was all Milan could think about. How if he'd only confessed the truth... well, it likely would have only been himself getting hurt so badly. Yari, his only younger sister, had been so badly destroyed she'd tried to give everything in. But what if she and Angier had never found courtship? Would she be here with him now?

"Please... don't let them find out, 'kay? They'll hate me..." His voice slurred a bit, eyes struggling to keep open now. Whatever Nurse Kavanaugh had given him for pain was taking a strong effect against his exhausted form. But, Milan had Robin here. Someone to care for him and help him fight off the fears. "How about... you? Eh? Anyone you.... fancy?" Come on Milan, fight. Stay awake. Do it for Robin's sake.

addaellis

Marni = #AB274F
          Milan = #0FC0FC

✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮
          ✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2023 1:11 am

User Image❦❧
ROBIN NOVA WINCHESTER

"I can't sleep... the nightmares... they're awful."

Robin shook xer head, and the voice cleared, resolving into the reality before xem. Xe asked if Milan wanted to talk about Angier, and to xer surprise, Milan started talking.

”I suppose. He took my broom in a contest,” Robin replied with an amused crinkle to xer brow. It was a fun, if embarrasing, memory. Milan managed a soft chuckle before confessing his crush.

”Wasn’t he and…oh.”. That would complicate things. Xe knew Milan and Angier had been close mates. And then for his sister to start dating his best mate–more than his best mate, xe now knew. That got complicated really fast. But Milan had chosen to keep his silence. And now…

Before xe could ask if Milan had considered telling his sisters, Milan replied with the answer, asking xem not to tell–no, not to let them find out. It took a moment to deduce who: Angier had been surrendered to the state just before his death–Robin had read the ethical opinions about whether Angier’s biological parents should even be informed of his death–which left no family to speak of. No other interested parties. Somehow, that made it worse. Milan’s feelings were forced to die with his friend. No one to tell. The fact he was saying so now, to a stranger, was proof enough of the void those feelings existed in now.

”They are your feelings and sisters to tell,” xe replied gently. ”Although I don’t think you should keep them to yourself forever. Everything is …usually easier when out in the open.”

Xe squeezed Milan’s hand again as his eyes started to close again, and xe asked if Robin fancied anyone. ”Not particularly,” xe brushed it off. A thought leapt to mind. Aspen? But that was more of a childhood admiration thing. And now…now it was just noticing people were quite fit. Not really fancy, emotionally anyways.”Eh, it’s not important.” xe chuckled and took xer own advice. It wasn’t worth hiding anyways: ”I was thinking of a childhood crush. That’s all.”

Robin tried to get Milan to keep talking–it seemed the best way to keep him awake. ”Hey, Why do you think your sisters would hate you if they found out how you felt?”

Hello my old heart
How have you been
I've been so worried
You've been so still
Barely beating at all

❧❦

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:49 pm
User ImageUser Image

Blue eyes sparkled a bit at the mention of a broom-stealing contest. And Angier had managed to win? Interesting. "What did... how... did he win?" That may be an interesting tale yet. He coughed quietly, pain flaring up in his chest, nestled deep under his ribs. After mentioning his feelings for Angier, Robin began to ask if Angier and Yari hadn't been a thing, but they cut themselves off. Milan nodded, eyes closing a bit. "Yea. I... told him I knew someone fancied him... he... he thought I must mean a sibling."

When he spoke, He peeked over and looked at Robin, who was so hard to focus upon. At least Robin was a sweetie, agreeing that they wouldn't share anything. Though they did give advice of telling Milan's sisters eventually, earning a sigh. "I don't know how... to tell them anymore..." His eyes drifted closed, meds pushing through him and causing his head to feel fluttery. Maybe he'd soon enough be able to function mentally... though, he'd been waiting all year for that.

Trying to keep himself awake, Milan asked if Robin had a crush on anyone. From what little he knew about them, it was just that Robin was either gender-neutral, or perhaps bi-gender... but he wasn't really sure. Instead of an answer, they simply mentioned no one, then said they'd had a crush as a child. "I never... had a crush as a kid... didn't really know anyone but us. Can't... crush on a sister, heh." A soft chuckle escaped him, head flopping back into the pillows. his free hand pulled the blankets up, nuzzling into the soft fabric.

Robin's next question caught Milan a bit off guard. Eyes closed, but this time by choice. After a moment, he heavily released a breath he hadn't known he'd been holding. "I can't.. let them know. If... if they knew how selfish I am... they'd be so mad. W-without me, Angier wouldn't have asked out Yari... and Yari wouldn't have.. tried... god, what if she had succeeded? I'd never be able to live with the pain." He spoke softly, voice breaking over some of the words. His heart ached, and all he wanted was to be alone... but to be alone was to be trapped with his thoughts. Plus, Robin was nice, they wouldn't tell anyone... unless maybe they secretly agreed that he'd tried to do the same as Yari. That he wasn't allowed to be on his own because he'd try to end it all. A sniffle escaped him, Milan using his hand to try and wipe away any tears before they could be noticed.

addaellis

Marni = #AB274F
          Milan = #0FC0FC

✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮
          ✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:45 pm

User Image❦❧
ROBIN NOVA WINCHESTER

Robin was surprised when Milan asked about the contest. Xe thought back to the exact memory and recalled the event gently: “A Trivia contest. It was shortly after I switched over to “hype” from reserve playing. Angier had complained about the school brooms so I leant him mine for practice. He liked it so much he challenged me to ‘a bet for it.’ Anything I liked, I believe the terms were. I’m not one for betting so much, so we did a trivia contest. Turns out, he knew a lot of trivia from trivia nights. His parents worked at…a university, was it?”

The Windshear had been Wren’s old broom, and there had been a whole back and forth where Wren told xem to do whatever. With permission, xe would have preferred to just sell or give him the broom, but Angier didn’t have the kind of money to buy a fairly-priced racing broom–even a decade-old one– and wouldn’t take charity. Robin watched Milan’s expression as xe told the story. Xe hoped it would help, to just talk about the one who was gone. If xe could get Milan to talk, it’d keep him awake, and it’d let Robin find out a little more about Milan. Everyone would win.

Robin contemplated Milan’s confession silently as he explained it had been a confusion thiat had led to Yaretzi and Angier dating. “I’m sorry,” xe dinally said. “That he misinterpreted it. And that you didn’t feel like you could clarify yourself.”

But how could he, after Yaretzi and Angier were already together? Robin didn’t know them too well, but they seemed like a happy couple. Xe patted MIlan’s hand, hopefully comfortingly. “Maybe it’ll be as simple as just ‘Hey I have something I need to get off my chest,’

“Selfish? Is it selfish that you hid your feelings to give your sister a chance to be happy?”
xe asked, genuinely surprised at the rationale Milan had offered. But xe didn’t know Milan or the Wellbelove family that well so as to assume. Maybe it was more than that and Milan just didn’t feel like he could fully explain. ”Sorry. Maybe not now. But the four of you seem very close and well, when you’re close to someone you can trust them to understand your feelings, right? So maybe not right now. But eventually, if the feelings still weigh on you, maybe consider letting them know.”

It seemed almost too simple. Robin wasn’t sure if it would help, and xe wasn’t sure if xe had to be worried about suicidal intentions or not. But xe did know that Milan was stressed, and that stress could make mountains out of the smallest speedbumps, or chasms out of the smallest sidewalk cracks.

Milan shifted his hand to wipe away a tear, so Robin let go with one hand for a moment, fishing a clean handkerchief out of xer bag and offering it wordlessly. Perhaps it was time to switch topics.

According to the rumour mill, Yaretzi Wellbelove had made and then covered herself in a burial shroud, then took the same pair of scissors she used to cut cloth for her burial shroud and cut her wrists again and again until the entire room had been flooded by a pool of blood. Another version had her using her wand to slice her neck open and it was the Bloody Baron who had found and revived her by screaming at her for trying to usurp his position. Another claimed that her sisters had found her lifeless body and performed some kind of dark arts to bind her ghost back into it, which was why she was now expelled. Yet other people contended it had been a mere potions accident and the suicide was just a ploy for attention fabricated by the Wellbeloves, since Yaretzi and her roommate Daphne had been seen simply strolling around the Hospital Wing around the perported time, all smiles and sunshine like normal.

In general, Robin didn’t like the rumour mill much. Xe wasn’t like Nim or Wren, who knew how to use the mill and its information. Xe wasn’t like Sparrow, who thrived on being the centre of attention and saw gossip and rumor as just another form of information. The rumor mill was baseless to xem, and xe preferred news that had been at least looked into. Otherwise, xe preferred testimony from people who were experts or first-hand experiencers. Xe knew what xe knew about Angier’s death from Lem who had seen the aftermath, and from the Daily Prophet news articles. But the details of an attempted suicide in the Slytherin dorm room wasn’t exactly published in the Daily Dragon, and the Wellbeloves hadn’t exactly been screaming their mental state from the castle ramparts. Maybe it would have been healthier if they had.

Honestly though, it wasn’t xer business. Until a few minutes ago, when the Lord had flung Milan Wellbelove into xer life–literally, with the falling down a flight of stairs. And right now, the only thing that mattered was how it was affecting Milan. Xe was going to get it clearly: ”Did you…try to follow her?”

Also let me know if xe is pushing a little too much. Xe isn't supposed to push too much. Just...as needed, so the later push is a little more meaningful.

Cinnabun Gryffie

Hello my old heart
How have you been
I've been so worried
You've been so still
Barely beating at all

❧❦

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:41 am
User ImageUser Image

Milan grinned a bit as Robin began their story. Apparently the broom had been won in a trivia contest, not a quidditch match. But, with what he knew of Robin, as well as everything Angier had shared, a trivia contest made perfect sense. Blue eyes glanced over to the blue haired teen, a soft, if lopsided, smile on Milan's lips. "Yea... his dad was a doctor, I think... worked at a college for research or something? He nodded, drifting off for a second before his brain snapped back awake. "Ang... he was wicked smart. Prob.... prob'ly the smartest I ever knew. Trivia... was your first mistake." Another smile, this one a bit bigger, accompanied by a soft chuckle.

Their conversation flipped back to Milan's guilt, his heart beating a little harder than normal. Robin... apologized? That was... unexpected. "There was a lot I wish I could tell him. A lot that'll go to my own grave unspoken." He sighed, hating the feeling. Luckily, Robin seemed to take the most lighthearted approach to conversation. They advised Milan to try and make it simple, to just casually tell his sisters he needed to get something off his chest. A soft huff from the brunette, before Robin continued. Robin seemed to want clarification on Milan's thoughts of being selfish. Fortunately, Robin decided to change the topic off of Milan's direct feelings.

When advised that he didn't have to give up his feelings now, Milan simply nodded, emotions drained from pain and exhaustion. Robin offered over a handkerchief, which Milan used to dab at his eyes. This material... probably a silk.. maybe a satin, or even a blend. Either way, the brunette held tight to the fabric, the wheels in his head trying to identify the material. It would hopefully serve as somewhat of a distraction. That was, until Robin asked the question he was sure was one they all needed. Honestly, he was surprised the nurse hadn't been asking over and over.

Milan looked over, dark circles below his eyes as exhaustion paid in. "Did I try to follow Yari, you mean. That's the question on everyone's mind. I'm sure everyone in the school will immediately assume that, won't they? Look at all the horrible thoughts they think about her... But to answer your question, no. I was... struggling, sure, trying to stop needing the potions. I... I didn't even know I had any Dreamless... dreamless sleep potions in my bag. I just... I wanted to just get coffee, but the walk... I was so tired. I... I only sleep every few days... Because if I try to sleep without... the nightmares are torture." His eyes closed, gently dabbing his eyes with the handkerchief. Soft cotton blend with a really artful handkerchief stitch around the hem.

"I have regrets, I have... heavy emotions, sure, but I didn't try to end my own life. I... I wouldn't ever do that. My... my family needs me. And... I want to see my future, y'know? Maybe go into design like mom... or... news... Even... I dunno, maybe something normal and boring." He chuckled softly, just hoping that no one was rummaging through his drawers. His journals... they captured dark thoughts, but he was determined never to act on any of them. But, he had to admit, the combination of writing and the darker, black-and-white artwork had been soothing for the soul. He hummed softly, glancing back at Robin. "Was that... good enough? Or do you not believe me? I can add that I don't want to hurt my family. We're hurting bad enough. This... this stupid mistake is going to destroy us even further. God, someone's gonna have to tell mom, and Mom'll tell Yari..." He furrowed his brows, pain firing through him at the movement.

"I hope no one does anything stupid because of me."

addaellis

Marni = #AB274F
          Milan = #0FC0FC

✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮
          ✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:01 am

User Image❦❧
ROBIN NOVA WINCHESTER

Robin’s eyes crinkled with merriment as Milan remarked that trivia had been xer first mistake. That it had.

Xe didn’t reply as Milan sighed, saying there was a lot he wished he could have told Angier–not only clarifying the crush, Robin suspected. Maybe some of those things Milan just didn’t have words for yet. Maybe it was stuff that would only mean anything to Angier because of their deep friendship. If this had been xer siblings and xe had any chance of understanding the context of their relationships or anything about the way Milan Wellbelove thought, Robin would have pushed more, encouraging him to open up and get that off his chest. But Milan wasn’t, and Robin knew enough about xemself than to overstep what xe could do. This was something best left to a close friend or family–which was the problem, wasn’t it?

Huh. This was starting to sound like what a professional, trained psychiatrist or therapist was for.

Xe asked straight out if Milan had tried to follow Yari, and Milan looked like he had suddenly aged years. He assumed everyone would think that, and pointed to the terrible rumours surrounding Yari.

”But to answer your question, no.”

As far as Robin was concerned, that was all xe needed. It wasn’t “Maybe, I wasn’t sure what I was doing” or “I don’t know”. It was no.

“They wouldn’t let me leave because they thought I was suicidal.”

“Sparrow, you were suicidal.”

“I guess. But it was just…no one believed me. About my own feelings.” Sparrow sighed, but her little smile didn’t waver as she said it. She seemed like she had processed it. She seemed like she was okay with it now. Was she okay with it? Was she okay? Or was this all a show to convince everyone she was? It had been the first time Robin had to question if xer older sister actually knew what she was felt. Xe questioned if her ability to act was not a good thing if she was using it to hide her pain. Was a good thing suddenly bad because someone used it for something bad? Hiding wasn’t evil it was just…bad.

It made no sense. Who, God withstanding, could know better than Sparrow about how Sparrow felt about how Sparrow felt? Xe wasn’t God. Xe decided to just believe her. Maybe, if she could trust xem, she would tell xem when she actually hurt. Or maybe, by going along with her act, she would feel like she still had some control in her life. Either way it helped her. Maybe. Xe prayed it would help. Maybe xe was making a terrible mistake.

But what it meant was that when Milan replied, Robin decided immediately that xe believed him and would advocate–as much as xe was able to– on that. Milan explained that he wasn’t trying to kill himself, he just messed up. It was a potion blunder. Dangerous, certainly, but it seemed Milan already knew that–he mentioned he was trying to stop needing the potions, but had just been too tired that day. Milan was exhausted. He had made a terrible mistake, and now was severely injured. Not believing him now was just going to be

Milan explained he had regrets and heavy emotions, but he knew his family needed him. He had hopes and dreams. He knew that if he had tried anything, it would just hurt his family worse–and they were definitely hurting as it was.

”I hope no one does anything stupid because of me."

”Let’s do what we can so no one does, okay? First, I believe you,” Robin assured when Milan hummed and asked if that was “good enough” for xem. Xe affirmed it firmly. ”If you say you didn’t try it then I’m taking you at your word. You didn’t try it. This was just a potions mix up. Which is dangerous, but you didn’t try to kill yourself.”

Xe was suddenly a little relieved that Harlynn and Echo Wellbelove hadn’t found their way up to the Hospital Wing yet. Xer job now was to be a rubber duck for Milan to bounce ideas off of so he would know what he wanted by the time his sisters did find out. Xe wondered about the nightmares–no doubt why Milan had been taking dreamless sleep potions–but xe also didn’t think xe would be particularly helpful interpreting dreams. What would help? Well, the direct approach had worked thus far.

”Milan? What do you think would help? Not just like the sleep. But with like everything happening to you and your family?”

Hello my old heart
How have you been
I've been so worried
You've been so still
Barely beating at all

❧❦

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:46 am
User ImageUser Image

Milan wondered what thoughts were going through Robin's head. Had they (he really should ask if they was correct, he knew Robin used... not gender specific ones) experienced anything like this before, or were they just an unfortunate bystander in Milan's tumble? Speaking of tumbles, Milan vaguely wondered if the nurse had gotten this blanket from a dryer. It was nice and cozy. Much like when he'd been a little guy, refusing to take naps without a freshly warmed blanket. God, what would his mom say? First Yari, now him? Plus... whatever was happening with Echo. At least Hari seemed to be... just... coasting.

He still figured he owed their roommate a thanks. What was her name.... His eyes drifted, trying to come up with an idea. Oh, Daphne. The blonde with the weird fashion sense. He drew in a deep breath, coughing softly at the flare of pain in his ribs. Oh, that'd keep him from sleeping for sure. Maybe... maybe he could send someone up for clothes and his spare glasses... unless his had survived the fall? Probably not, given that his bones broke. Glass would surely shatter for less.

When Milan finally said he hadn't tried anything, he was pleasantly surprised to hear Robin say he believed him. Sure, potions were mixed up, and it was dangerous, but Milan already knew that. "You do? I mean... Thank you. I didn't figure it'd be that easy. But... you're nice. I know... lots of people think so. You're a... nice guy... no... guy isn't... right, right? Hmm." He hummed softly, blinking up at the dimmed lights overhead. Maybe he could get more information on Robin... because then it'd be easier to design outfits for them...

Another moment of calm, before Milan pulled his hand away, trying to push himself up into a bit more of a sit. Pain fired all over, but mostly from his leg and ribs. God, what happened to him? Wasn't the healer supposed to have... y'know... healed him? Without much thought, Milan put his hand back into Robin's, something safe about having a lifeline. Especially without his vision, he needed something to secure him to this world. Robin spoke up, asking what he thought might help. Not just in sleeping, but in their whole family.

"I wish I knew, honestly. At the beginning... I did a lot of research. I mean... hours and hours. But... everything just said... time would heal stuff, y'know? But time is just making things worse. Not only with Yari, but... but all of us. Ang... he had lots of friends, so why is it destroying us so bad? Someone... the rumors, probably, said we caused this all. Us being so... stubborn about friends and stuff. And maybe they're right. The first person outside... the first one I trusted... died tragically." He exhaled softly, partially glad that his sisters weren't here to hear him talking like this.

"Maybe we need therapy. Or maybe friends. I think... right now... I could probably use some breakfast.... Is it still morning? No... can't be. Whichever. I also kinda wish I was in my comfy pants." He chuckled softly, a lopsided smile settling on his lips. "Maybe I can find someone to talk to. Surely they've got someone here. I just... I hope they don't send me home. I'm so close to finishing this year. I just. I need to study and I'll be okay. Maybe I'll... join another club next year. That's how people make friends, right?" He sighed, eyes drifting a bit.

addaellis

Marni = #AB274F
          Milan = #0FC0FC

✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮
          ✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮

Hospital Wing

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas