Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hospital Wing
Milan Wellbelove's Bed Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

addaellis

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:31 am

User Image❦❧
ROBIN NOVA WINCHESTER

fourth year || Ravenclaw || pureblood
Language Club || Herbology Club || Quidditch hype pal

Milan seemed…surprised to hear that Robin believed him. Robin nodded firmly that xe believed him. It wasn’t a matter of being easy to convince or nice, xe though, it was a matter of giving someone going through a hard time the assurance that what they thought about their own feelings was heard. Robin needed to remember that.

It took a moment for Robin to realise Milan was trying to tactfully figure out xer gender identity. Even on a hospital bed, fighting obvious exhaustion he was still thinking of other people. Evidently the rumour mill was wrong here and had the Wellebeloves–or at least this Wellbelove–wrong. ”xe/xem or they/them. I’m still figuring it out. Thank you,” xe replied, hoping to clear at least one cloud of confusion.

Milan moved his hand away, pushing himself up a bit to a sitting position. Robin kept an arm out in case he needed anything, catching Milan’s hand immediately. ”You okay? Healing magic isn’t pain-free, sorry.”

Xe was surprised when Milan had such a coherent answer when asked what he thought would help. Obviously he had looked up what might help. Time…therapy…friends….yeah, it was about what people had told their family. Time had helped Wren. Therapy had helped Sparrow. Friends…yeah. In the end it came down to friends. People. God worked through people. And it seemed like Milan was suffering from a dearth of people–aside from Angier and his sisters, Milan seemed to be…lonely.

”People…can be so cruel,” xe noted, when Milan mentioned that the rumours said they had caused everything. Xe…had unfortunately heard that one too.

Otherwise, Robin listened quietly, nodding and keeping associations and mental notes to know where to come back to the conversation.

”People deal with grief in different ways,” xe said finally. ”You and your sister were very close to Angier. It makes sense that you process the loss of your relationship differently.”

It was probably stuff he had heard already. Although…”Have you and Yaretzi talked? Throughout the grieving process?” Xe considered the request for more friends…for someone to talk to.

”Grief therapy would probably be useful,” Robin agreed. ”I know the Hogwarts Healers are all trained in short-term counselling? Madam Kavanagh would know better who best to talk to.” They wouldn’t send Milan home if he wanted to finish the year, right? Surely that was what trained professionals were for. ”If you’re worried about the potions, they could also probably work with you on a rehabilitation program.”

On the subject of friends, xe had more thoughts: ”Joining clubs is one way to meet new people,” Robin thought aloud. ”But Milan, you’re in charge of the Daily Dragon and part of Art Club already, right? Anything else?” xe asked. ”Is there something in particular you’ve wanted to join? Because if not, it might be easier and more natural to make friends with people you already know. Like….hang out with people who are in the clubs you’re in and get to know them better?”

Robin struggled for a moment to think of how to explain xer thoughts–it wasn’t like xe was a shining beacon of making friends. Xe wasn’t even sure xe could consider many of xer clubmates or classmates…friends. Sure they would talk during clubs, but…well even just in xer dorm, the only one xe would really consider xer friend was Lem.

”And finally. I can run up and grab you these comfy pants and some lunch?”

setting Fourth > Second floor landing || with Milan Wellbelove who fell from the sky stairs
appearance 5’3” spindly || wearing lemon shirt
status Stay awake, Milan.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Hello my old heart
How have you been
Are you still there inside my chest?
I've been so worried
You've been so still
Barely beating at all
Oh, don't leave me here alone
Don't tell me that we've grown

❧❦
~"Hello My Old Heart" by The Oh Hello's

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:58 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Hospital Wing?
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? My Sisters?
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Getting to see the girls
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Aww, no lunch yet

Milan had only mentioned off-handedly about not being certain of Robin's gender, but luckily, they seemed to understand. Well.... xey understood, he supposed. "Xey, huh? Xeeeyyyyyyy. Xxxxxxeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyy" He murmured, brain trying to process the word. But, if that was Robin's preference, he'd sure give it a try. "Still figuring it out? Me too. I think... I've had issues since I was little. But... more, mine's not... gender, right?" It felt like his brain was swimming in a bowl of soup. Maybe the nurse would come back and give him the all-clear to sleep... then give him a nice dreamless sleep potion.

After trying to shift his position, Robin asked if he was okay. Apparently xey knew that Healing Magic wasn't pain free. "I guess even magic... has limitations. But maybe.... if they have to do any more... they can put me to sleep... like in a muggle hospital, y'know? They did when I had to get stitches that one time..." Of course Robin wouldn't know of that time. Actually, other than his sisters, no one would. Blue eyes glanced over at the blue-haired teen, exhaustion adding to his already blurred vision.

When they spoke on the cruelty of the rumor mill, Robin agreed. Of course, with Milan's normal ability to phish any needed info from the mill, he'd heard a lot, but when Yari had her.... accident, every rumor was a biting monster. Maybe he'd have to just... leave the rumor mill. Hell, his name was probably all over the school by now, most likely saying that he had tried to off himself. Who would chose the stairs as their ending place? He freaking hated those stairs. (well... most of the time. They were good for toning his thighs...)

Robin explained that xey thought Milan and Yari's reactions made sense. Apparently being closer meant that it was normal to feel these painful feelings and to process weird. "We... write. but we haven't really... just sat down and talked about what happened. I think we all just kinda.... broke apart. Now that one of us is missing, it's even harder. Maybe this summer we can work on talking again. I'm gonna have to write all this down, but maybe.... maybe in the morning." He chuckled softly, a little smile donning his lips. He might just see if one of the girls could dictate... at least until he found his spare glasses.

Robin, at least, agreed that therapy would be helpful. Xey even noted that all the healers were trained in counselling. When mentioning Madam Kavanaugh, Milan huffed a sigh. "I should probably ask. I've been needing someone to talk to. Sorry I've just been... dumping on you. I don't think anyone else would care enough to sit here with me..."

After their change of topic, Robin agreed that joining new groups would be one way to make friends. Robin asked about Milan's current clubs, then went to ask if there were others he was interested in. Apparently his thoughts were that it'd be easier and more natural to just... get to know people a bit better that he'd already met. "I'm the head editor of the Dragon. And... I never officially joined Art Club, I think. I just kinda... go when I have the time. I... I've been thinking about joining Astronomy though. I like the class a lot. Professor Clarke has always been really nice to me." He nodded, thinking it might be an interesting club. "Most of the people I already know... don't really like me much. They've known me since first year, and I was a bit of a.... well, I was a prat." He sighed softly, the smile fading into a bit of a frown.

Speaking of Marni, she peeked through the doorway, offering a soft grin. "Hey, loves. I wanted to check in, make sure those pain meds were helping. How are you, dear?" She walked over, gently twirling her wand over the brunette. "I tried to... sit up? So like a 7, I think? My leg feels like it's on fire." He closed his eyes, a frown settled over his lips. He offered a small squeeze to Robin's hand, still tucked safely into his. "Oh dear. I was hoping this would help dull it. I will give you another round, but I will need to reach out to one of my friends from St. Mungo's, who can help deduce what further action we'll need to take. But, for now, I did have one of the professors fetch your sisters. I've got them here. Let me get you those meds and we can have them come in."

Milan blinked a few times, looking between Robin and the brunette nurse. "My sisters? I didn't... yea. I'd like to see them too." He had to admit he was nervous to see their reactions. They hadn't had a chance to see Yari until she'd been all cleaned up and cared for, but he was.... for sure still a mess. He was pretty sure he could still feel some heat that may have been blood all around his chest and for sure around his leg. Plus, the nurse had destroyed his shirt. Oh, but he could cover up... He used his free hand to pull the warm blanket up, making sure it covered his chest and all. Though, he didn't know that bruises were still visible over his collarbones, arms, and cheeks.

Marni stepped back in, adding another medicine to his IV line. His pupils widened a bit, but she seemed to be expecting it. "Alright, love. That should help knock that pain down while I work on summoning Healer Thompson. Just try and relax, okay? Robin, dear, are you doing alright as well? Need anything?" She smiled when Robin said xey wanted lunch, then to get some comfy clothes for Milan. "Robin. Robin. If you're getting me some pants... can you get my glasses too? They're in my top drawer... blue case." Milan sent over a grin, not realizing that soon his hand would be empty. "Of course, dear. I'll make sure we get Milan some food after we get him all healed up. But you may run off. I really appreciate your help." She pat xem on the shoulder, then stepped out to the waiting area to summon the girls.

"Alright, dears. Please try to keep calm, soft tones. The lights are dimmed for your brother's comfort. He's in a lot of pain, but he'll be alright. Let one of the healers know if he needs anything. Go on, I'm going to stop by St. Mungo's to get some further help."

{{Wearing :: ripped jeans, socks, and some warm blankets}}
          {{Post approved as part of an active plot request}}
          addaellis

Marni = #AB274F
          Milan = #0FC0FC

CatWaffle

✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮
          Tᴡɪsᴛɪɴ' ᴡᴏʀᴅs, ᴡᴇ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ sᴀʏ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴍᴇᴀɴ
          Bʀᴏᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʟᴀss, ᴛʜɪɴɢs ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ sᴛᴀʏ ᴇᴠᴇʀɢʀᴇᴇɴ
          Iᴛ's ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴀ ʜᴀʀᴅ ᴘɪʟʟ ᴛᴏ sᴡᴀʟʟᴏᴡ ᴀɴᴅ ɴᴏᴡ
          Wᴇ'ʀᴇ ᴄᴏᴍɪɴ' ᴅᴏᴡɴ, ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ᴄᴏᴍɪɴ' ᴅᴏᴡɴ
          Wɪsʜ I ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ɢᴏ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛᴏ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴡᴇ ᴡᴏʀᴇ ʜᴀᴘᴘʏ ғᴀᴄᴇs
          Bᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴍɪʟᴇs ᴀʟʟ ғᴀᴅᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴡᴇ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴇʀᴀsᴇ ᴛʜɪs
          Is ɪᴛ ᴛᴏᴏ ʟᴀᴛᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ sᴛᴀʏ? Is ɪᴛ ᴀʟʟ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴀ sᴛᴀᴛᴇ ᴏғ ᴍɪɴᴅ?
          ✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:26 am

User Image❦❧
ROBIN NOVA WINCHESTER

fourth year || Ravenclaw || pureblood
Language Club || Herbology Club || Quidditch hype pal

Robin’s eyes crinkled in amusement as Milan tried out the unconventional pronouns. Milan agreed that he too had been trying to figure things out since he was little. Not gender, but –oh, sexuality! Xe smiled in understanding. ”I understand,” xe replied sympathetically.

Milan tried to shift, acknowledging that even magic had its limitations. He mentioned something about a muggle hospital where he had to get stitches once. Xe did not, of course, know about the incident Milan spoke of, but xe understaood enough that Milan was not overly fond of being awake for the pain. It was something to mention when Madam Kavanagh checked back with them.

They returned to their conversation. Robin nodded thoughtfully as Milan described how he and Yaretzi wrote, but they hadn’t really talked about everything. “That’d be nice. To talk again. Sometimes silence is needed. Sometimes talking it out works. But maybe it’s time to talk. Or even earlier. Like during a Hogsmeade visit?

Thankfully, Milan seemed not terribly put off by the idea of therapy and rehab? Xe wasn’t sure. He seemed…exasperated and tired. The broken bones probably didn’t help.

“I’m happy to be here,” xe replied when Milan apologised. “I wish we could have met under better circumstances, but I’m happy to talk now.”

Xe felt a p***k of sadness with how easily Milan had dismissed everyone else as not caring. The feeling lingered as Milan went on, talking about clubs and mentioning astronomy. He admitted to being a bit of a prat in hirst year.

“Give it another shot then, maybe? People…” xe hesitated. Robin really wasn’t a trained therapist. Or even a friend. Xe just happened to be in the place Milan needed. Xe wasn’t sure what xe could say–if Milan wanted to know xer opinions on these things– or what would be helpful to say. ”People are just complicated plants. They’ll get everywhere if you don’t draw boundaries, and they’ll push boundaries even then. But…I think they usually want to help, they just don’t know how. And people change. Especially now. We’re all still growing. So even if you were a prat before– I didn’t know you then but if you say so– you can change. Be…less prat, more empathetic? And maybe they’ve changed too. Less judgy, more understanding?”

Xe didn’t know if xe really believed that people wanted to help. Some people seemed to have hearts of stone and cared only for their own agenda–or the convenient aesthetic of their agenda. Xe remembered just a few moments agreeing that people could be so cruel with the rumor mill. But they could also be wonderful and caring and sweet. People were…good, xe believed, even if they were capable of great evil. Maybe it was because they were capable of great evil that the kindness meant so much more?

Madam Kavanagh stopped by, checking in the pain and announcing Milan’s sisters were there.

It was probably time for xem to go then. Xe mentioned picking up comfy clothes from the dorms, and thankfully Milan had directions to not only those but his spare glasses. Robin stooped up to leave when xe remembered Milan had been clinging to xer hand like a vine on a trellis. Even though his sisters were here, it felt weird to just leave. Instead, xe pulled a small blue rock out of a pocket and put in Milan’s hand. “This is Zuriel. Something to hold onto until I get back.”

“Miss Harlynn, Miss Echo,”
xe greeted, stepping out of the area. Echo brushed by xem without a glance and xe flinched when immediately xe heard her exclaim.

”MILAN. My goodness you look terrible.” Echo was immediately by her brother’s side, brushing his hair and fussing over the breaks and bone still on display. Madam Kavanagh had to remind her about soft, calm tones. ”What happened? We were on the stairs to come to you when Professor Narain said you were in the Hospital Wing? And then this student outside said you’d slipped on a puddle of potion? We’ll get the useless caretaker sacked for this–”

Robin had half a mind to stay and explain, but of all people, this was Milan’s quadruplet sisters they were talking about– they were much better hearing it directly from him. So as promised, Robin headed directly for the Ravenclaw Common Room, murmuring a prayer for Milan as xe climbed. Prayer for a swift recovery, for Milan to feel His comfort in grief, for Angier’s soul to be at His side, for Yaretzi’s healing, for the Wellbeloves to find friends and a community of support. Xe paused, remembering that Milan had mentioned having to write everything down in the morning. It might not be the same takeaways that Milan had gotten from the conversation, but it might help.

Thanks to Milan’s directions, Robin quickly found a comfy looking pair of sweats, a loose looking shirt, a Ravenclaw hoodie that looked a few sizes too big, and of course, his spare glasses. The other Wellbeloves were still there when xe returned, so as to not interrupt, Robin just handed the change of clothes, glasses, and note off with a little wave and assurance that xe would be back later.

note

1. Therapy + Rehab from potions (check with nurses for options)
2. Talk to your sisters.
3. Astronomy club
4. Say hello to some classmates or Daily Dragon/ Art club members.
5. Next Saturday– lunch and study session at Hogsmeade?

People process grief differently. Your feelings are valid. But don’t let those feelings stop you from talking to your family or making new friends.

setting Hospital Wing/ Ravenclaw dorms || with Milan Wellbelove who fell from the sky stairs + his sisters
appearance 5’3” spindly || wearing lemon shirt
status Thoughts and plants and prayers

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Hello my old heart
How have you been
Are you still there inside my chest?
I've been so worried
You've been so still
Barely beating at all
Oh, don't leave me here alone
Don't tell me that we've grown

❧❦
~"Hello My Old Heart" by The Oh Hello's

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:28 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Hospital Wing
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Echo and Harlynn
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Getting to see the girls
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Yay, my glasses!

Milan was happy that Robin was so kind and understanding. Not many other people would extend such a courtesy to someone he'd never really met. Xey said that talking would be a good idea, even if it was in Hogsmeade before the quads ever went home. "I should... write. Maybe we can have pizza... Harlynn really likes pizza..." His voice dropped into a soft murmur as he tried to think of a plan. Maybe Yari would agree to meet him, so they could talk before the whole family was involved.

After apologizing for venting at Robin, xey luckily said xey were glad to be here. "You're a kind person, Robin. You and your... lemons. Heh. Y'know, I could make you a lemon jacket...." He sent over a teasing grin, though he was sure he could do it. He'd made jackets before, after all. Oooh, now his mind was filled with design ideas, which hadn't been happening lately. Maybe he could get his sketchbook out of his bag and design something as a way to distract himself. Oh wait... he couldn't see... also breathing was still horrible.

When Milan explained his theory on people not wanting to spend much time with him, Robin.... also had some theories. Xey said that people were basically overgrown plants, needing their own maintenance and care, as well as boundaries and care. "I've never been good with plants, but maybe.... maybe I can keep trying for the people. Empathy isn't my forte either, but.... surely I'll learn the skill." He nodded a bit, clenching his jaw at the movement, only to earn himself a fire of pain all throughout the side of his face. Trying his best, he relaxed a bit, letting the tense muscles stop from scratching up against the break in his jaw.

While his head was a bit foggy, the nurse spoke with them both, and Robin agreed to step away. Before leaving, xey put a blue rock into Milan's hand, calling it Zuriel. Milan blinked at the rock a few times, fingers curling over the stone. "Zuuuuuriiiiiiel... It's a fitting name. I'll.... give it back to you, promise." He smiled a bit, tucking his hand (and the rock) safely under the warm blankets. He glanced over toward the door when he heard Robin's voice greet Echo and Harlynn.

As the girls walked in, Echo immediately started in on his appearance. The younger (sorta) of the three still at school flinched a bit, pulling up his blanket as a safety barrier. Madam Kavanaugh popped in, just long enough to remind everyone to be nice and quiet. Echo continued on, asking what happened, then immediately blaming the caretaker for what the rumors had spoken.

"No, no. That's not... that's not quite right. It was all my fault. I tried... I wanted to take a wide-eye potion, but I grabbed the wrong one. Fell asleep, and then just.... I woke up here. But apparently I fell down like... three flights. Robin saved me from falling the other two flights straight down. But, now I'm here. I think they said I had a broken rib, jaw, and well.... you can tell my leg is messed up." The pain medicine hit him with another wave, causing his thoughts to feel like it was full of cotton balls.

Milan rubbed his jaw a bit, sore from all the movement of talking. He especially wasn't sure what to say to his sisters. Robin said he should just be honest, but now that they were here, Milan was just hoping he could pretend to fall asleep. Oh wait, the watchdog nurse wanted him to stay awake. He squeezed the rock a bit, then looked back up at the girls. "But I'll be okay, probably. I think Madam Kavanaugh is talking to someone from St Mungo's to come heal everything up. B-but I told them.... I told... I want to stay here, finish out the year. We're too close to exams to just... leave." He nodded a bit, blue eyes zoning out of focus with the movement. He blinked to tray and regain what little vision he had.

"Sorry to interrupt, love. Robin brought your glasses, then a change of clothes for later. I'll set these on your table, and here are your glasses." Marni nodded, handing Milan his glasses, then setting the clothes and the glasses case on Milan's side table. She offered a sad sort of smile, then stepped back out into the lobby to care for some others. "Oh, thank goodness. I can finally see again. I'll miss the other set of glasses, they had a nice frame. Oh well." He pushed his glasses up, looking between his sisters. Hopefully, they weren't too harsh on him.

{{Wearing :: ripped jeans, socks, and some warm blankets}}
          {{Post approved as part of an active plot request}}
          addaellis

Marni = #AB274F
          Milan = #0FC0FC

CatWaffle

✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮
          Tᴡɪsᴛɪɴ' ᴡᴏʀᴅs, ᴡᴇ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ sᴀʏ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴍᴇᴀɴ
          Bʀᴏᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʟᴀss, ᴛʜɪɴɢs ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ sᴛᴀʏ ᴇᴠᴇʀɢʀᴇᴇɴ
          Iᴛ's ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴀ ʜᴀʀᴅ ᴘɪʟʟ ᴛᴏ sᴡᴀʟʟᴏᴡ ᴀɴᴅ ɴᴏᴡ
          Wᴇ'ʀᴇ ᴄᴏᴍɪɴ' ᴅᴏᴡɴ, ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ᴄᴏᴍɪɴ' ᴅᴏᴡɴ
          Bᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴍɪʟᴇs ᴀʟʟ ғᴀᴅᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴡᴇ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴇʀᴀsᴇ ᴛʜɪs
          Is ɪᴛ ᴛᴏᴏ ʟᴀᴛᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ sᴛᴀʏ? Is ɪᴛ ᴀʟʟ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴀ sᴛᴀᴛᴇ ᴏғ ᴍɪɴᴅ?
          ✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
Hospital Wing

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items