Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hospital Wing
Galen Saylor's Bed

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:44 pm
User Image

As the nurse places you onto the bed, the crisp clean sheets shifted lightly. Their fresh scent was subtly and relaxing. Near by a small table sat unadorned. Sometimes a calico cat could be seen siting there watching over you. To both sides are cloth screens for privacy. The large windows let in plenty of light. At night small lamps are lit next to the beds until the nurse comes around and dims them. This is your bed for your stay in the hospital wing.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 2:09 pm

User Image☻☺
GALEN EZREAL SAYLOR

sixth year || Hufflepuff || halfblood metamorphmagus
Adventurer's Guild chronicler || Art Club cartoonist || Creature Appreciation Club enthusiast
Order of the Stick captain || Cooking Club executive chef || Quidditch chaser

Soft balls of light danced in and out of existence. Life flickered back into view.

If there was one good thing about being a metamorphmagus with a random constellation of health conditions, Galen would later admit, it was that his metamorphamagus coloring was a clear, subconscious indication of his health in these times. He had never personally seen his skin do the black and white flickering, but once Miss Marni had a hold of him and sparked his heart back to life, his entire body had darkened like a burnt shrivelfig before gradually turning to normal. His forearm lit up blue and purple where he’d smacked it on the fall, lightening up to a normal, if pale spot when mended. He was normal-looking soon after. Then just before he woke up, the tips of his hair lit up bright blue, the mote of light moving towards the scalp and vanished as he blinked his eyes.

His first attempt at sound was a garbled mumble: ”Mmghorry?” But before long, he was speaking normally. He vaguely remembered being on his broom and wondering what flashing mime skin meant. He recognized the Hospital Wing. Well. Something had happened. He probably fell?.”What happened?”

Galen listened carefully as Miss Marni explained–in both simple and technical terms he was familiar with by now–how the double pathway in his heart had sped up his heartbeat so much the entire cardiac system had shut down for a moment on them. She had jumpstarted it, and he was going to be off his medication for a bit to see if things returned to relative normalcy. Comparatively, the broken radius and bruised spine and hip were nothing. He’d even gotten out without a serious concussion.

“It sounds like business as usual then,” he remarked optimistically. Almost. He was going to stay in the Hospital Wing for a couple of days–maybe a couple of weeks so she could keep careful watch on him. And so she could make sure he actually took care of the lingering bug and make sure there wasn’t other damage. ”That just means I get to hang out with you more!” he replied. ”Thank you, Miss Marni.”

More injuries came in from Quidditch match, and Galen settled in. He knew enough about the Hospital Wing to know the best thing he could do now was to be quiet and tell the volunteers precisely what he needed if he needed anything–which honestly, wasn’t much. Plus, despite his earlier cheer, Galen was tired. He spoke up once, asking how the kid on the other side of the curtains was holding up when he heard signs of stirring and the nurses were busying over another arrival. Man, the beaters must’ve been brutal today!
It was odd not having even Dragon with him, but it was also okay. It was time to calm down and recuperate mentally. He knew Wally would be by later, and Galen wanted to have the energy to assure his little brother that he was fine.

setting Saturday, Spring 2059 || with Just him within the curtains. Hospital Wing people outside
appearance 5'9", a bit pale, but very normal. || wearing "I want to flail with a being" on a shirt + black sweatpants
status Quidditch will make me feel better.

Cinnabun Gryffie

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Hello, hello supernova sunrise,
hello where have you been all my life?
Gotta wake up and breath again (Oh)
Restart my heart and make it beat again.
Burn, burn rise supernova sunrise.
☺☻
"Supernova Sunrise" by We Are Leo.

addaellis

SherbertLemondrop

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:39 am
User Image
                                                  All I know is nothing happens if you just give in
                                                  It can't be any worse than how it's been
                                                  And it just so happens that we just might win
                                                  So whatever happens! Let's begin!

User Image
                                                  X════════════════════════X

Nora had almost slipped and fallen about ten times on her way into the castle. She was prepared for quite how muddy it had gotten, but finally, she made it to the hospital wing with only a little slide upon entering. She really shouldn’t have kept running the whole time.

She took a moment to catch her breath as she gave a small shiver. Apparently, at some point, the water-repelling charm had worn off and her poncho only covered so much. She rubbed her hands together for a moment before asking a healer about Galen and being directed to a bed. She popped her head around the screen with a, “knock knock.” Nora looked him up and down. “Geez,” she said. “Are you alright?” That was probably a dumb question considering their current locale.

{OoC: Outfit in picture, bio in header}
                                                  X════════════════════════X

addaellis

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:15 pm

User Image☻☺
GALEN EZREAL SAYLOR

sixth year || Hufflepuff || halfblood metamorphmagus
Adventurer's Guild chronicler || Art Club cartoonist || Creature Appreciation Club enthusiast
Order of the Stick captain || Cooking Club executive chef || Quidditch chaser

It wasn’t even that long when a knock–or rather, a “Knock Knock” alerted Galen to a visitor. He cracked open an eye.

”Oh…! Hey Nora!” Galen startled, shifting to sit up. He hadn’t expected her! Especially not so soon! Despite his exhaustion and his best efforts to remain nonchalant, his hair fluttered an unmistakable pink across the ends.

”Yep, Just a few bruises and a small break on the arm. Turns out my heart beating too fast was what caused the fall.” He grinned. ”And now that you’re here, we might just need to call Nurse Marni again. Flutter flutter~”

He…hoped that wasn’t too forward. Or too weird. Had he just said sound effects out loud? Did it make sense? Had he ever explained his heart condition to her? Would she get it? Please don’t think he was too weird. Or pitiful. Or irresponsible with his health. Galen hoped to be reliable around Nora. A good kind of weird. A dependable sort of fellow she could count on. Maybe handsome.

Galen sat up and took a long breath. If he really did crash again just from seeing his crush, he’d never hear the end of it--from anyone, probably. ”Is the game already over?”

setting Saturday, Spring 2059 || with Nora Doki-Doki Dashwood
appearance 5'9", pale everything. Hair slightly paler than normal with unmistakable pink highlights. || wearing "I want to flail with a being" on a shirt + black sweatpants
status Quidditch will make me feel better.

Hello, hello supernova sunrise,
hello where have you been all my life?
Gotta wake up and breath again (Oh)
Restart my heart and make it beat again.
Burn, burn rise supernova sunrise.
☺☻
"Supernova Sunrise" by We Are Leo.

addaellis

Hospital Wing

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out