Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Mission Archive
TM2 - First Day of School; Of Grapes and Oranges Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 3:05 am
[Naranja House]

[North Province - Area Two, Bamboo Grove]

To Amaranth's credit, she was among the few that was intent on listening to the teacher's exposition about the area they were in, though the remarks about another world were a shade more unusual. Maybe he meant another region, but she felt like he'd say as such otherwise. Throughout his talking, she'd record what notes she could on her SNAG, making a note to ask more about the bamboo around here later. With the capacity for it to be used as an artifact in its own right, she wondered how it differed from her recent acquisition. But for now, the group was dispersed and she was left to her own discoveries, plus Darts seemed intent on learning more himself. So, her questions would have to wait for later.

She'd take most of the time exploring the area, careful not to disturb the local Pokemon. She wasn't sure if it was related to the Pawniard and Bisharp- she did see several groups of them- but the air around the area felt somewhat tense. Like whatever managed to call this area home had the might to make it so. They definitely weren't the sorts to pick a fight with lightly. She did come across some smaller pieces of bamboo along the ground, picking one of them up for a closer inspection... and feeling nothing but the slightly unusual texture of it, thumb running along it briefly before dropping it. Overall, it was a little underwhelming, but then, the only artifact on her she felt on a regular basis was the the tiki hung around her neck. Maybe it was key to utilizing the others, if she could figure out how to use them in tandem. Still, she wasn't about to take the hammer back out to test that during school hours, not after her faux pas earlier.

Her time spent lost in thought would be brought to an ubrupt end when a distant cry was heard, followed by the sounds of someone or something crashing into several bamboo stalks. She turned just in time to see an Altaria barreling through, the few stalks taking the worst of the impact buckling and breaking from the force as they all crashed into the ground. A few heads turned and several Pokemon either ran or braced themselves now that yet another intruder had arrived. Despite the crash landing, the Altaria was quick to try and get theirselves back in flight, their movements frantic and apprehension running rampant. A panicked cry came when they weren't as able to get up as they wanted- needed- to in the moment, failing to come out of this unscathed. Or whatever they were escaping from, if their attempts to still get skybound were anything to go by.

"Are- hey." Amaranth was quick to run over to get some of the debris away, recoiling to avoid any sudden hits from the flailing of Altaria's wings. They'd try to fly off as soon they got the chance, but wouldn't get much more than a few feet from the ground before falling back down. Watching some human approach again wasn't calming their apparent fears at all, trying to smack her away with one of their wings. Though this time it'd hit and knock Amaranth back, she'd get back up and walk over again. "What happened? I'm not going to hurt you. Here, let me see that wing..."

The Altaria would continue putting up as much of a fight as they could, trying to smack her away again when she grabbed one of their wings, only stopping from the pain their continued struggles were causing. The gentler grab than they were expecting helped a bit too, Amaranth trying to inspect the wing and sort out what was wrong. It was hard to notice anything in all the plumage, but there was a wince and cry when her hands hit a sore spot and the sudden movements made it worse if anything. "You're hurt... what happened to put you out of the air? Were you running from someone?" She knew she wouldn't get much of an answer that she'd understand, not without her SNAG or a hybrid to translate these days. The lack of response also didn't help in getting those answers, and they looked like they still wanted to get away if they were able to do so. After a moment, their wing was released, with Amaranth deducing there wasn't a lot she could do herself here. But she would take out a Hyper Potion.

"Will you let me use this on you, at least? It should be able to ease some of the wounds. I feel I should get you to someone who can check you out in a better manner, though... here. Keep still, okay?" This would become easier said as Amaranth sprayed the potion around the part of the wing that seemed to be the most tender, stinging slightly and causing even more wincing. This time, though, Amaranth made a point to try and forcefully keep the wing as still as possible to avoid making things worse. "I know, I'm sorry. This should help, though." She'd space out the sprays to try and keep any stinging to a minimum, and though medicines like these were pretty fast acting, it mostly just meant it wasn't as sore. They tried to fly again once the wing started hurting less, but the strength wasn't there and they fell right back down again. This time, Amaranth decided to walk over and sit nearby.

"Please stay calm," she spoke up. "If someone's after you, I'll make sure you're safe. Let me keep a watch out, please." She looked at her SNAG after her response. She had time before she had to worry about returning to the teacher. Maybe it'd give long enough for the Altaria to recover, or if not, that they'd agree to let her get them somewhere where they could. For the moment, she looked around and kept an eye out.

[South Province - Area Three]

Sol gave a small wave when their instructor introduced herself, listening intently as she guided everyone around. While some of this was stuff he remembered hearing before, it was so long ago that he wasn't sure how much of it he truly remembered. Regardless, the refresher was welcome, and he definitely hadn't heard about the community of Hybrids before. Either a more recent discovery that came to light or more willingness to bring them up, he'd guess. Being dispersed to explore, he did have one idea in mind after the rumors she brought up and started off into one of the area's several canyons, letting out Inigo for the sake of letting him travel with him for now.

"You know, I feel like there's truth in that rumor," he said largely to himself, but the Scorbunny following him had no qualms listening out of curiosity. "Even when I lived here, I don't recall seeing a Pokemon like that, but I do remember hearing this jingling sound once in a while near some of the signs. Couple of times around a Pokemon Center too... not sure if we'll find one, but it's as good of a reason as any to explore. Get a lay of the land and all. Though maybe I should've asked her more about that Hybrid community, that would've been a good alternative if there's still remnants of it... stick close, though. The Pokemon around here shouldn't pose too much of a threat, but it can be easy to get lost in these canyons." Though many a Klawf, Shinx and Growlithe- among other Pokemon- could be seen doing various activites, most of them seemed fine just keeping to themselves if anyone else did. The Shinx were an exception, most of them growling and trying to intimidate whoever they felt was a little too close for their liking. They'd largely be ignored, Sol feeling they probably wouldn't try to attack unless provoked.

He and Inigo otherwise took their time finding whatever seemed interesting in the moment, though there was a distinct lack of any jingly hints that the rumor serving as a "goal" might see fruition. Observing the wild Pokemon, seeing a few students and trainers resting and hanging around if they weren't traveling or exploring too, and a small jaunt in a cave for good measure. After some time, he'd stop to allow Inigo a chance to rest for a moment, sitting along a wall of one of the canyons. "Guess our initial goal eludes us," he remarked, noticing Clare not too far away after what seemed like an eventful while with their Capsakid and a new capture. He also noticed Agueda and her Fuecoco too, waving to them when she waved at him and watching her throw a ball. Despite her age, she had a good arm, tossing it hard enough to hit the wall some distance above him and Inigo.

"Es así, it's all good," he added after a moment, seeing Inigo try to kick a pebble with his feet. He struggled to do much more than kick it away, and Sol figured a few more minutes here would be fine. He watched as Agueda tossed a second Poke Ball, repeating the same event that'd just occurred.

"Awww..." Agueda remarked, about to get a third ball out. "C'mon, giant Klawf, come and play with me!"

"Giant Klawf?" As Sol looked around, he knew she wasn't meaning any of the other Klawf around. Even if some of them could've been 'giant' in their own right. He looked up curiously at the rock formation that happened to be providing some shade, only adding to the confusion when the child pointed above Sol.

"You're sitting under them, mister! They look fun!" As she said this, she threw the third ball and got a slightly different result when the source of shade decided to start moving, Sol immediately realizing she was right.

There was a giant Klawf. Right above him. And based on the deep, loud cry that came from them as they jumped from the wall, they weren't happy about the pelting they currently were weathering or the amount of action going on to or around them. "Watch out!" He shouted as he scrambled to his feet, rushing to grab Agueda and her Fuecoco and get the two to safety before the giant Klawf came crashing down, both of them understandably startled by the sudden danger.

Clare would find that they were now quite close to this Klawf, who decided that since crushing didn't work in the moment, the new plan was to take one of their pincers and go for one of the Jellicent hybrid's arms, potentially cutting their hug with Mirage short. Sol, unable to exactly be in two places at once, was quick to recall Inigo and step in front of Agueda as soon as he put her and her Pokemon down. "You're not hurt, are you?"

"N...n-no," she replied, too stunned to say anything else in the moment.

"Good. Stay back, I think this one'll play a bit too rough. Hoja, let's go!" Tossing another ball, he'd send an Eevee out and paused briefly. "...eh? Thought I..." He shook his head afterward to force himself out of the puzzled expression he gave. "Multar, multar, get their attention! Swift!" Though the attack would come quickly, it wasn't quick enough or enough of a deterrent to keep Klawf from their current actions.

Much as Sol wanted to add an attack himself, he both didn't want anyone caught in the crossfire and was trying to quickly dig through pockets. "Clare, get back if you can!"

[Uva House]

Wooloo wouldn't have any issues taking the Low Sweep from Glissando, barely budging from the impact thanks to her heavily boosted defenses. Aden couldn't help but note the students being understandably underwhelmed at the moment, and the opposing side had just put up Reflect for a more teamwide defense. "Yeah, I've got something. Let's put on a bit of a show and give them a double beam attack, Wooloo! Copycat Castform's attack and aim it at Odd's Hypno!"

Immediately acting upon the command as Castform's Solar Beam went off, Wooloo would give off a light glow as she copied the same actions, charging the attack herself and- thanks to the harsh sunlight- firing a similarly powerful beam and aiming to disrupt the other team's support to buy Absinthe and Palladia a little more time.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:26 pm
[Naranja House]

[Bamboo Grove]

The old samurai would initially seem dejected as the students scattered and went off to explore, the same as every year. However one student stayed behind, a very interesting looking individual, intimidating in appearance however the elder could easily overlook his appearance when the subject of the intended conversation was made clear. Grinning from ear to ear, new life surged into the old man, his armor becoming a little lighter as he stood up straight to answer Darts. “My clan has watched over this grove for six generations now. My great great great grandfather came to this land over two hundred years ago on a merchant ship with just the clothes he wore, the family armor, and a bag full of bamboo shoots. Originally they were intended as food but as the family lore goes he felt homesick and decided to plant them instead, hoping to make this new land a little more like home. Little did he know that the shoots would find the native soil so accommodating and before he knew the grove exploded to life. Here he made a home and raised a family, all of which took personal responsibility to care for the bamboo grove he created.” The old man waxed nostalgically as he looked out at the bamboo around him, however his happiness soon washed away.

“In time however as it became more and more of a tourist destination the Paldean government seized this land, to protect it and its cultural significance they say.” He said, almost spitting the words out, there was clearly some bad blood over this matter. “They were kind enough to allow my family to still act as wardens and guides of this land, I suppose I should be thankful.” Again, the bitterness in his words were clear. Looking back to Darts and not the bamboo his seemed to snap out of his train of bitter thoughts and smiled. “So, I have to ask, what compelled you to ask this old ronin about a bunch of bamboo. If you can’t tell, I don't get asked about it very often so forgive my shock.”

After Leslie had left the site of her recent carnage a lone Bisharp arrived on the scene, a look of shock and disgust on its face as it gazed upon the carnage. Looking up it spotted the Altaria that Amaranth would soon encounter, giving the bird a panicked look before turning around and running off back into a thicket of bamboo.

Sometime later…

As Monique and Chichi enjoyed their time together the sound of metallic clanging could be heard. The sound would be followed minutes later by approaching footsteps and finally, appearing from a bamboo thicket, a small army of no less than twenty Pawniard and exactly two Bisharp who were purposely clanging their blades together to announce their approach. The ‘army’ would stop several yards away from the women, staying just outside of the thicket. One of the Bisharp would step to the front of the group, the other guarding the back. The frontmost Bisharp would speak at the two hybrids, both of them able to easily understand the Pokespeak of the Dark and Steel type thanks to their own typing.

”By order of the Great Shogun, may his blade never rust, all metal ones are to be apprehended and brought back to his sharpness. Come along peacefully or force will be used.” The Bisharp informed them, seemingly directed at Chichi by the mention of ‘all metal ones’. Immediately after it finished speaking the backguard Bisharp made a sound and all twenty Pawniard struck a pose, signifying they were ready to spring into action right away, that they meant business.

Elsewhere Brian would be confronted by a similar group of twenty Pawniard and two Bisharps appearing from the bamboo, likewise threatening them with force unless the ‘metal ones’ came with them, for his group that likely meant Lu and their recent fellow Lucario friend. Lykas and his friend would be in range to hear their arrival and have enough time to arrive on scene before things got too ugly.

Leslie would come across Amaranth and her Altaria friend, finding the woman tending to the wounded bird, both unaware of the marching metal armies. While Leslie might speak to Amaranth eventually the Pokeball containing her new Pawniard ally would burst open, the blade Pokemon taking fearful notice of the Altaria and frantically went on about the ‘prophecy’ of the ‘living cloud that brings rust’ among a few other details. If Leslie understood the frantic Pawniard well enough and piece together the information, apparently the local Pawniard and evolution have a folktale stating that one day a ‘living cloud’ would descend upon them bringing rust and ruin to them all. Leslie had already brought some of the ruin and now here was the cloud, their version of armageddon was looking very real. Who knew wild Pokemon could have entire cultures.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 4:07 pm
[Naranja House]

[South Province, Area Three - Drylands]

The giant Klawf slammed down behind Clare, immediately lashing out at Clare, attempting to snip a limb off of her however Sol would call out to the woman as he attempted to alert her. Terashi and his student friend feel the quake of the giant Pokemon’s landing, Brunor’s psychic sense alerting him to the presence of a very large mental presence and no doubt compelling him to alert his trainer who no doubt go check out what that was, unfortunately they weren’t close enough to stop the Klawf from hurting anyone. Beau and his new friend would also feel the quake and due to just being right around the corner on the other side of the monolith which the giant Klawf had jumped off of. The force of its landing would knock loose some rocks on the other side sending them sliding down towards the butterfly man and gardener.

As for Aile and her hybrid companion they were too far to feel anything but she could sense the presence of numerous underground Pokemon, Dunsparce, fleeing towards them and away from the drylands of which they originally arrived at. Something was clearly wrong, burrowing Pokemon don’t move that quickly underground, where they are supposed to feel safe, unless they are trying to get away from something. Considering it is in that direction where the rest of the class is, and her friends, she should probably check it out.

Whether or not the Klawf was successful in snipping something off of Clare the giant creature would not let up on its angry tantrum as it slammed a massive claw into the ground, generating another quake, and then scooped up and flung a chunk of Earth in the direction of Sol and his young companion which would also be the direction in which Terashi would arrive, the Psychic having to pass through and up a gulch to arrive on scene thus would have but a second to see the chunk of Earth coming as he summited the incline of the gulch.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 4:22 pm
🟠 “So, tell me about that trip to Alola you took recently. What was it like… being back home?”

Monique was considering how exactly to respond to ChiChi without explaining the fact that she hadn’t exactly been to this Alola before, but she wouldn’t have time to do so before their investigation of the grove was interrupted by a loud clangor. Orthworm turned and looked as a formation of Pawniard with two Bisharp stepped out of the nearby thicket. The Orthworm recoiled, perhaps hearing something in their noise that the other two could not make out. The Bisharp were the engine and caboose of this train of walking knives, which stopped not far from the two of them.

“By order of the Great Shogun, may his blade never rust, all metal ones are to be apprehended and brought back to his sharpness. Come along peacefully or force will be used.”

Metal ones? Lucario was a Steel-type. Orthworm apparently was as well. This left Monique a little lost. She stared at all of the assembled Pawniard and Bisharp, wondering what the heck this was about. Clearly, something was up, though what exactly was not immediately clear, far removed from the injured Altaria. ChiChi was also trying to process what this meant.

“We are together,” Monique began. “The…Orthworm is mine. And she is my friend,” she explained, gesturing in the direction of ChiChi. If they wanted to harm—or help—her friend or her Pokémon, she was going to come with them.

Monique was definitely not a “metal one” by any definition. Did these Pawniard want to harm her? In case they did, she started reaching for Kalama’s Poké Ball.

I know I get this often, but I’m not a fighter…despite my type, ChiChi thought. She was a dancer, and the Pokémon she had and reluctantly battled with were also dancers. She wasn’t in the fighting business. She’d seen too much bad fighting in her life. She had to…steel herself either for a meeting with some Bisharp or a fight with some really sharp knives.  

MoniqueBrie

DragonFang099

Hilarious Friend

8,575 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Evolution Debut 250
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:00 pm
Brian finished healing the male Lucario while Lu watched closely, wanting to make sure he wouldn't harm her trainer. The male had no such intentions, though he did find himself drawn to this human for reasons he didn't understand. Perhaps it was the fact he'd bonded with another Lucario, and a female, at that, or perhaps it was something that lay dormant within him, just waiting for a chance to reawaken. Either way, he would be keeping an eye on this trainer. He turned to Lu to say something to that effect when he heard a metallic clanging sound, and Brian, Rachel, and both Lucario turned to see themselves facing a rather large number of Pawniard and a pair of Bisharp.

Brian and Rachel watched as one of the Bisharp moved forward, speaking something that, while he couldn't understand, Lu and the male Lucario understood. Lu was confused as to why these Bisharp and Pawniard wanted all 'metal ones' to come with them. She had a feeling it meant her and the male Lucario, and while she had no desire to battle this many opponents, apparently the male had other ideas. I don't take orders from you, the male grunted, starting to raise his paws in a defensive posture, but Lu held a paw in front of him. The look she gave him had him backing down. They outnumber us, she said. Not to mention, the two of us just finished a difficult battle, so neither of us are in any shape to fight them.

Turning to the leading Bisharp, she placed both paws in front of her, placing her right fist into the palm of her left paw and giving a slight bow. My new companion and I will come with you peacefully, she said. However, I ask that you also allow my trainer to accompany us. I assure you, he will not interfere in any way, but I do not feel comfortable leaving him behind because I have bonded with him. While Brian couldn't understand what was being said between Lu and the other Pokemon, he had a feeling it wasn't going to end with them going back to the school. He could see Lu speaking with the lead Bisharp, and while he wanted to approach, he felt it best to let her handle things. After all, she knew best how to deal with this situation.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:38 am
Deo was not doing so hot, he froze up. His thoughts took over, how he embarrassed himself by stuttering in his public speaking class and getting a C- because his teacher was incredibly sorrowful that he had that happen to him. Of course, when Deo was in the academy for the police force, he learned to be enforcing and in control when the situations call for it. This was not one of those cases. He hated the idea of public speaking, but he had to do something. Unfortunately he was too lost in his own thoughts that he missed every bit of action that happened within the last bit.  

DeoLux

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:49 pm
[Uva House]

It would appear focus had been dragged away from Reno and his Shelgon as the entire field decided to turn its attention towards Crystal and Odd's Pokemon. Apparently they wanted to go ahead with charging down the more support-y Pokemon and simply ignore him as a problem currently? Well, that was an opportunity he would be hard-pressed to not take advantage of. But how to get a heavy guy like Spike moving fast enough for this ambush opportunity to be anything besides a slow rush across the field. Looking down for a moment, Reno would let a smile cross his face. Well, they had said they wanted to see some Team Snagem style in this fighting. What was more Snagem than his next idea?

Rushing into the field as Abby's Machamp rushed towards the Hypno and the two Solar Beams went off, Reno would come up alongside Spike as the Dragon type started on its own little charge towards the exposed blasters of the enemy team. It seemed that he wasn't the only one thinking to take advantage of the opening. "Alright, Spike! Prepare for liftoff! And do a Double-Edge! Make this impact hurt!" Reno called out, swinging himself around to get eh angles lined up just right for the boost he was about to impart. Leaping up to catch up to his Pokemon, Reno would lash out with his right leg and send a powerful kick into the Shelgon's body to send it flying. The surprisingly loud metallic bong that erupted as Reno's robotic leg hit the metallic shell would hopefully provide a distraction as the Dragon type flew through the air towards the Castform, aiming to crash into the small Pokemon with a massive Double-Edge attack.

"Fore!" Reno yelled after his Shelgon, flashing a smirk at the crowd. This was a fight of trainers AND Pokemon. He certainly wasn't going to just keep standing on the sidelines shouting when he could do something less conventional like this.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:31 pm
Uva House

The Thunderbolt from Crystal Helioptile seemed to rock Castform rather hard when it struck and Odd smirked inwardly. A hard-hitting attack like that was the perfect way to get their side rolling toward victory. Before he had a chance to really consider much else, he heard the kids call for their own moves, two of them targeting Glissando as the Hypno reeled in his pendulum like some kind of weaponized mystical yo-yo. Palladia’s charge threw the Psychic-type off-kilter for a moment as the Brick Break shattered the psionic wall he’d constructed but didn’t do much to him otherwise. Catching himself on his free hand, however, Glissando performed a graceful hand stand and glared at Palladia for a moment before flipping himself back over.

Odd wouldn’t get the chance to call for the next move as Glissando waggled a finger at Palladia in “ah ah ah” way, sniggering softly as if telling her she should know better. His glowing finger quickly transferred to a form of psionic pauldrons at his shoulders that he kicked forward to cover his hands, snatching up his pendulum as he did. Slamming the pauldrons together, he formed a cannon from which a blazing cannonball shot not toward Palladia but toward Wooloo, who had sent the Solar Beam flying toward him. He had no idea what move he’d just ended up using thanks to the unexpected Metronome but it seemed strong, despite the physical weakness he felt after spending so much energy on it. He could only hope whatever it was would be strong enough to stop the incoming special attack when the two moves met any second.

Odd watched, completely lost considering he had no idea Glissando even remembered Metronome after evolving but more so because he didn’t recognize the attack that had just been used. Those strange bits of armor he’d manifested looked similar to what was worn by the Pokémon Blizz battled at the auction house but he didn’t remember seeing it use anything like that. Not that he’d stayed to watch the whole battle, either. “That works, I guess…” he muttered, watching Reno pull a very Reno maneuver at about the same time.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:39 pm
Naranja House
Lykas was turning over in his mind how he might be able to somehow loose Mara in the grove, preferably leaving her for dead, when the sound of clanging metal erupted from all over the area all at once. “Oh no… “ he muttered.

“Things like this never happened before your lot showed up at the academy. Do you and your friends just go looking for trouble everywhere you go?” Mara demanded, listening carefully. “It sounds like there’s multiple groups…”

Lykas shook his head in annoyance. “Even if you hadn’t already decided to hate me for no reason, you wouldn’t believe me but trouble tends to find us wherever we are, not the other way around most of the time.” Lykas replied. “It sounds like there’s a group just over this rise… we might as well go see what’s happened. Maybe we can diffuse whatever’s going on.”

Mara shook her head in disbelief. “You’re right. I wouldn’t have believed that lie even if didn’t have my reasons for hating your guts.” She retorted. “But your friends aren’t the only ones who might be caught up in whatever’s happening.”

“You’re right, they probably aren’t. Now shut up and sneak so we can find out without getting caught up in it.” Lykas snapped as he ascended the small hillock, crouching down and peering over it to see Brian with a pair of Lucario, one of them clearly his own, and a large group of Pawniard and Bisharp. “Oh… that’s not a good match for me…” he muttered at the sight of them all. Good thing he had that Pokémon with him today. Clutching the Master Ball at his waist, he’d look to Mara. “Are you any good at fighting or are you just a pretty face?”

“Do I look like a fighter to you?!” Mara yelped. “I’m all glitz and glamour for the camera. What are you doing?” She snapped back at him, covering her head and trying to make herself smaller.

“If I have to… I’ll commit war crimes to protect my friends. But let’s see how this goes first, I don’t like resorting to violence if it can be avoided. It usually can’t with us but maybe this time will be different?” Lykas replied, watching as Lu attempted to reason with the Pawniard, from what he could tell. He couldn’t understand Steel- or Dark-types all that well, though, so he was mostly basing that guess off her body language.

~~~

Clare heard the call from Sol nearby before seeing the Klawf, snatched up by their left arm just above the elbow. “Hey! Ow!” They yelped as the gargantuan shellfish lifted them into the air. “Let me go!” They demanded, wriggling about in the giant crab’s grip, the claw pinching tighter to keep them from getting loose. “Just because you’re delicious with butter and lemon doesn’t mean you can find out if I am too!” They snapped at the massive Rock-type. Despite their attempts to free themself from Klawf’s grip, they just couldn’t get loose, finally resorting to Mirage. “I know it’s big, but do you think you could manage to hit it with a move that might make it let me go?” They asked the tiny Capsakid.

“Cap cap!” Mirage replied, looking up at Klawf, she held her arms out toward it and snapped them back and forth a few times, sending some tiny leaves charged with Grass Energy at Klawf’s face via Leafage. “I don’t think that’s going to be good enough…” Clare muttered with a deadpan look to the tiny pepper Pokemon. “Good try, though.”

Looking back up at Klawf as it drew them closer to its face, Clare called out again. “You really don’t want to eat me, I promise! I’m poisonous!” They warned, remembering Doc Owl’s assessment of their physiology. Klawf seemed to be ignoring them as it drew them in closer to its mouth, foaming a bit as it did. The only thought in the otherworldly hybrid’s mind in this moment was escaping from their captor and a moment later, with a loud but gentle “pop”, not unlike the snapping of a wine glass’s stem, Clare found themself suddenly falling through the air.

“Careful!” Came Santiago’s voice as a pair of delicate hands caught them, the Frosmoth hybrid holding them under their arms as he carried them toward the ground. Somehow, they’d managed to hold Mirage in their free arm through the entire interaction but now was not the time to be focusing on her. As Clare’s feet touched the ground, they looked at their left arm, or where it should have been, to find only a stump of an arm that appeared to have snapped off at some point. “I feel like this should have hurt more… but I can worry about that when I’m not being treated like a runaway snack.” They decided with a wince, now aware of the discomfort in their arm and realizing what had happened to free them. Somehow, their arm had detached itself in the clutches of the great chitinous leviathan, and only a moment after that realization, they spotted the detached limb laying in a small, dry shrub not far away. “Seems there’s no helping it now…” the adrenaline coursing through them would wear off eventually but for the moment, while the hormone-fueled clarity resided in their mind and the strange seemingly instinct-driven actions that freed them were still present, they grabbed their own disembodied arm and held it out toward Klawf. “Have at you!”

Mirage seemed to have other ideas, however, as did the Tandemaus they’d just caught, bursting out of its ball as Mirage jumped down. The pair of mice quickly shared a bit of information with Mirage and the trio moved quickly. Tandemaus used Agility to make itself faster and then hurled Mirage into the air, whereupon she used Rage Powder right in Klawf’s face. On her way down, she used Rollout to curl into a ball and begin picking up speed. One of Tandemaus’s halves was waiting for her and kicked her in a random direction, the other half waiting to catch and redirect her while the first repositioned in the new direction over and over for as long as possible. The trio’s plan seemed to be to keep Klawf focused on the tiniest target possible in a game of “keep away” for now. “…Do be careful doing that…” Clare was fortunate Santiago was behind them after that statement had been made, the adrnaline finally beginning to wear off as they fainted and fell backwards, crashing into the other hybrid, who seemed to be too distracted to realize what had happened at first.

“Dios mio, mi amiga…” he muttered as he caught Clare, stumbling for a moment. “¡Ten cuidado!” He called to the others as they arrived, trying to carry Clare to safety. He hated leaving their Pokémon to distract the titanic Rock-type but they seemed to have done this to give him a chance to do so as far as he could tell and he was going to take the opportunity while it existed. Somewhere between their declaration of intent to fight and Santiago’s efforts to get them away from danger, Clare dropped their severed arm and, by the time anyone might find it again, all that remained of it would be countless shards of glass half buried in the sand.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:23 am
[Naranja House]

[South Province, Area Three - Drylands]

While Sol was relieved when Clare ended up being freed, he couldn't say he was terribly thrilled at how that was ultimately accomplished. "That... works..." He said to himself as he managed to finally find the Leaf Stone on his person, giving a frustrated sigh. He swore he'd used the stone some time ago but, between that and the Eevee before him staring down the giant Klawf about to slam their piincer down, it was clear to him that he misremembered. "Fine, I guess we're using this now-"

Before he could address his slight mishap, the quake would force him to brace himself and the stone out of his hand. Likewise, Agueda would be thrown off her feet with a scream, too preoccupied from that and the now-angry giant Klawf to be concerned with what happened to Clare. Her Fuecoco would also get behind her once the tremor calmed down, panicking and feeling even more over their head than their trainer did. The hiding wouldn't be effective as an equally giant bit of earth would be scooped up and hurled at the lot of them, Sol's mind racing to keep himself and his sudden charge safe. He was sure others were nearby if they weren't already headed over, but not quite in the timeframe he hoped for. His sword was still within the ball he appropriated for storage; no way he could get it out fast enough, and that assumed he'd manage to cleave a rock with it. The Leaf Stone was still in arm's reach in a stroke of luck, forcing his hand and quickly grabbing and tossing it. "Hoja, catch!"

The Eevee would less catch the stone and more find it hitting him in the head, but when it came to using evolution stones, physical application was still physical application at the end of the day and being bonked in the head was close enough to catching it. Sol could only hope the evolution would be fast enough to manage a Plan A that decided it was actually Plan B instead, and he had what should be a safe enough command otherwise. "Now! Razor Leaf the rock!"

Hoja was confused as the stone's energy transferred to him at an almost overwhelming speed, causing a glow as he quickly and suddenly adapted to it, his form growing and shifting to match. Taller, longer, more plant-like. By the time the process finished, the command clicked like a memory that was just brought to the surface, and the Eevee-turned-Leafeon would send a flurry of razor-sharp leaves to meet the oncoming chunk of earth and try to make it more manageable.

If not for the whole 'life in danger' thing in the moment, the display would've had Agueda in awe. Not that she wasn't, but there was the giant rock problem...  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Atlantis_Darts
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:16 pm
SubonicXP
[Naranja House]

[Bamboo Grove]

The old samurai would initially seem dejected as the students scattered and went off to explore, the same as every year. However one student stayed behind, a very interesting looking individual, intimidating in appearance however the elder could easily overlook his appearance when the subject of the intended conversation was made clear. Grinning from ear to ear, new life surged into the old man, his armor becoming a little lighter as he stood up straight to answer Darts. “My clan has watched over this grove for six generations now. My great great great grandfather came to this land over two hundred years ago on a merchant ship with just the clothes he wore, the family armor, and a bag full of bamboo shoots. Originally they were intended as food but as the family lore goes he felt homesick and decided to plant them instead, hoping to make this new land a little more like home. Little did he know that the shoots would find the native soil so accommodating and before he knew the grove exploded to life. Here he made a home and raised a family, all of which took personal responsibility to care for the bamboo grove he created.” The old man waxed nostalgically as he looked out at the bamboo around him, however his happiness soon washed away.

“In time however as it became more and more of a tourist destination the Paldean government seized this land, to protect it and its cultural significance they say.” He said, almost spitting the words out, there was clearly some bad blood over this matter. “They were kind enough to allow my family to still act as wardens and guides of this land, I suppose I should be thankful.” Again, the bitterness in his words were clear. Looking back to Darts and not the bamboo his seemed to snap out of his train of bitter thoughts and smiled. “So, I have to ask, what compelled you to ask this old ronin about a bunch of bamboo. If you can’t tell, I don't get asked about it very often so forgive my shock.”

[Naranja House]

The man's infectious nature has the gambler, even through his own fog of thoughts, smiling underneath his crest. This man clearly loved his bamboo, and Darts was feeling a little bit better despite everything. He walks along slowly with the samurai, his jacket swaying in time with the old man's armor clanks, a very odd duo set against the lush background of the bamboo grove.

"It sounds like you and the Paldean government... don't exactly see eye to eye about things." He says, as they walk. "Why not? It sounds like they are the only reason this grove is still standing, and looking at it..." Darts runs a golden hand over the leaves, staring out at the ornate patterns the shoots produced within the field. "It would be a shame for something like this to go away." He pauses again. "Is something like bamboo really lost to time now? People around here don't have any use for it?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:32 pm
[Uva House]

Crystal frowned as the Solar Beam was practically lightning charged by Castform, sending Hepa flying as she was hit by the solar energy. While the attack did rock her hard, she would manage to stagger back up, shaking her head as the lizard went to take her place back on the field. The hybrid thought for a moment before looking at her teammates. “If you’re near Hepa, guard up,” she declared, turning forward again. “Hepa, Parabolic Charge!” The Helioptile shook herself off, wincing as her electricity overloaded slightly before she let out a larger burst of electricity, the energy blasting through both foes and allies before returning, rejuvenating the lizard and giving her another chance to be in this fight.

[Naranja House]

“So, outside of pretending to not be a channeller and saving the world from jerk-offs, how does an average day in the life of a Snagem go?”

Aile rolled her eyes at the comment of her pretending to not be a channeler, but then went to answer Mateo’s question. “Really? Just hanging out, training, pulling solo jobs or waiting for team jobs.”

“Really?” The Clodsire hybrid actually looked a bit disappointed, like he was expecting something more action packed. “That’s it? Just down time?”

“Pretty much. We’re a merc group, and we’re contracted currently to help deal with any Shadow Pokémon issues or outbreaks.” Aile shrugged. “We’re not superheroes, and even if we were, superheroes need downtime.”

“That just sounds… boring, though. And you guys really just react? You’re not proactive at all?”

“Again, we’re a merc group. We didn’t get involved with the World War or the Shadow Virus epidemic just because we felt a heart felt need to help. We were getting paid for a job that spiraled out into some massive insanity. That’s all.”

“That’s all, she says,” Mateo muttered, his eyes rolling until Aile put her hand in front of him.”Huh?”

“Do you have tremorsense also?”

“Uh… No.” The response would get a slightly stunned reaction from Aile, the woman slowly turning her head towards Mateo. “Ah… Aile?”

“You called me out on tremorsense… yet you don’t have it yourself? Seriously, what the hell?!”

“Uh… Let’s just say I’ve seen other examples and move on,” Mateo nervously explained, moving quickly forward before Aile could get another word in."What's going on? What are you able to sense?”

“... A bunch of tunneling creatures… Maybe Dunsparce? I can’t really tell. But they’re all moving faster than one might think for burrowing creatures, and all underground.”

“Fast tunneling movement underground? And a lot of them? Huh. Well… They probably feel threatened by something.” Mateo tapped his chin as he thought, tilting his head. “But by wh- Aile?!” He blinked as Aile was already running off, taking a moment to register that she should probably follow her, even more so as he noticed a little Paldean Wooper follow behind the trainer. “Uh… Didn’t… we... tell you…to…? Oi. And more running. After she didn’t want to run back. Is this one of Snagem’s rules,” he bellowed after Aile, getting into a run himself as he tried to catch up to the Snagem. “Running?”

“Cardio,” would be the only response he got, Aile more focused on getting to where the Pokémon were running from.  

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:22 pm
[Naranja House]

[Bamboo Grove]

It had taken a lot of hacking and smashing once she had gotten a good distance clear of the platoon she had just bludgeoned into a new state of being, but Leslie could proudly say that her hammer was once again back to full strength. It even had a few metal additions from the Pawniards and Bisharp attached to it to strengthen the construct. But Leslie kept hitting a point with the object where she couldn't seem to do anything except furrow her brow over how to advance further. Maybe she needed to ask someone for help on this one. Letting out a sigh as she remembered who exactly was in her class, she decided to shelve any forging questions for after this school day was over. Either way, she could see another Snagem in this bamboo forest finally. Couldn't hurt to go say hello, especially after how....monosyllabic she had been for the earlier portion of the day.

Entering into the clearing, Leslie would find herself staring at Amaranth and the Altaria that she appeared to be acting as lookout for. "Hi Amaranth. Found a new friend? That's cool. I found one too, but mine isn't quite as...cloud shaped." Leslie told the channeler, stepping around to get a good look at the Altaria as she spoke. And as she moved, it would alert her to the fact she hadn't put much securement into where she had kept her Pawniard at the moment as it gave a slight shudder and managed to open itself, a suddenly very panicked Pawniard popping out and immediately waving its bladed hands in every direction with shaky intent. And when its gaze finally crossed onto the Altaria, the waving went from every direction to immediately focused onto the other Pokemon. "It comes! The great living cloud that brings rust has come to end us!" The Pokemon erupted with, although only two of the three around could understand the poor Steel type. "My master brought ruin to the grand platoon of the Great Shogun and now the living cloud has risen from the depths of hell to end us! My people shall be doomed by this great beast! Master! I must request permission to end this vile creature and save my people from this horrendous fate!"

Leslie would slowly blink as she listened to the Pawniard, taking a moment before she finally responded. "A great living cloud that brings rust shall bring ruin to your people....and it has to be this Altaria. Man, I thought some of the stuff I imagined Lacuna saying was wild. Alright, Guts. We aren't fighting the Altaria."

"Master! This rusting apocalypse must be ended! Our people have long gathered within this bamboo copse that sprung up one day, provided to us from on high by the great creator to train and emulate his image in our desperation after the rusting cloud last appeared. The Great Shogun has finally achieved this image in its perfection in preparation to weather and overcome its inevitable return and we as his vassals were to do similar. Even if I am no longer following the Great Shogun directly, I will still follow the ideals of our people and I must once again request that I be allowed to fight this cloud to prove myself and thus you superior to my former master."

Taking another long blink as she was buffeted by the torrent of information being sent her way, Leslie could only reach one conclusion. "I am not creative enough right now to make something like that up. When the hell did I start being able to speak Pokemon?" Looking over to Amaranth, she would evenly state, "So....based off my best understanding of Guts here, your new friend may have just triggered an apocalyptic prophecy for the local Pawniard. And whoever this Great Shogun guy is. Unless I'm not actually able to speak to Pokemon suddenly. Then we have other problems."  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:59 am
Uva House

Surprised that the enemy Hypno chose to aim its counterattack away from her, Palladia chose to return to her Trainer's side in order to be ready for whatever attack heads their way. She got struck by Parabolic Charge on her way back to the young Deathrage that trained her, but she took a second to shrug off the attack, since it wasn't focused on her. Absinthe, on the other hand, focused on the battle at large, trying to find the best way to handle the situation. Fortunately, Pallada was right where Abby needed her to be when Reno launched his Shelgon at Tristen's Castform. "Intercept!" was all that Abby said.

Palladia leapt into action immediately, positioning herself between Castform and Shelgon before jamming an Ice Punch into the draconic hide of her enemy. Absinthe seemed worried, though. "We can't keep on the defensive for the whole fight if we want to win," Absinthe warned, though she left it at that in case the two boys on her side had any ideas on how exactly to switch to an offensive front. She wasn't fighting on her own anymore, after all.

Naranja House

Junichi and I followed Brunor for a while, trusting in the Psychic-type's instincts. He ended up leading us through a tunnel, though it wasn't long before we were back outside. For a moment, I wondered what it was Brunor was trying to lead us to, but that ended as a roar led my attention to a battle going on nearby, with the giant crab Pokemon being the easiest to spot. "Gallade!" Brunor shouted, and though I couldn't sense his emotions, I had an idea of what had him worried. I couldn't shake the feeling that there were some Snagems being accosted by that thing. Junichi, for some reason, kept quiet until I took my hoverboard out of my bag. "You're not seriously thinking about fighting that thing, are you?" he asked. I ignored his concern and recalled Brunor to his ball before riding toward that thing.

The ground wasn't level between where I was and where my enemy battled, however. The hoverboard wasn't sufficient due to the gulch, and while it got me down, I had to climb my way back up. before I could start on that, however, a giant boulder was flying toward me from before. In a panic, I grabbed a ball from my belt without giving much thought to who I'd be bringing out. I was more than a little relieved when Angeal shattered the huge rock with Brick Break. "You oughta be more careful, Boss, with your injury and all," Angeal insisted with a smirk that was hard to discern due to his beak. Though I spent enough time in training him to recognize it. "Help me up, then," I replied, grabbing hold of his shoulders.

With an impressive leap that was to be expected from a Blaziken, Angeal and I landed where Claire and Sol were holding out. "Need a hand?" I asked them, though Angeal was focused on the huge enemy. "I got a bad feeling about that thing, Boss," the Blaziken called out. Instead of responding, i just recalled him, letting Brunor out in his stead. I then looked up at the Klawf, my instincts telling me it would attack again before I could order Brunor to do so.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 7:21 pm
This wasn't good. Despite the massive retaliation, the adult team seemed not that much worse for wear. Worse still, they still had the room to allow Crystal's Pokemon to let off a Parabolic Charge attack. It was only fortune that with damage being such spread out, it wasn't as impactful on Castform as it could have been. But siphoning off energy from virtually everyone on the field meant that whatever havoc his Castform did just a moment ago with its Solarbeam was going to mean not much.

"Oh come on..." Tristen said, his mind still trying to figure out some sort of strategy the team could go on. Tristen then perked up, hearing the loud metallic clang, realizing that Reno booted his dragon Pokemon to give it a boost. It was only fortunate that Palladia managed to divert the blow. "Hey! That's cheating! You're not supposed to do that! This isn't a mission!" Co-leader or no, he wasn't special in this fight, Tristen thought.

Hearing Absinthe, he couldn't argue staying on the defensive wasn't going to do them any good, but it wasn't like they could be reckless either. If he could help tip the scales on any of the Pokemon before Castform went down, that would be good. The only one on their side that seemed to have the rough go of it was...perhaps the Hypno. Tristen was probably only getting one shot at this...

"Castform! Flamethrower!"

The Castform floated up while the opportunity was there. Empowered by the artificial sun, the Castform unleashed a hellish inferno upon the Hypno. If nothing else, maybe he could get Hypno taken out before his Castform goes.  
Team Mission Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff