Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Mission Archive
TM2 - First Day of School; Of Grapes and Oranges Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Atlantis_Darts
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:59 am
SubonicXP
[Naranja House]

[Bamboo Grove]

Just outside, the lone Snagem not in the cave, Darts continued to speak to the old samurai, their conversation moving over to the old battlefield. The elder looked upon the field and smiled, fond memories bubbling up to the surface as his eyes focused on it. “It was. Would you believe it was one of the first things I constructed? My father wasn’t much for Pokemon battles, preferred to use his Pokemon more practical, to do work. However as a young boy I was enamored with Pokemon battles, even one time fancied the idea to join the academy, learn a little something, and take on the gyms. Father wouldn’t let me go so instead I made myself a battlefield, to pretend I was a real Pokemon trainer. Over the years I got to make use of it even, battling hikers, tourists, anyone who would humor my dream. Eventually I gave up on that dream, after a particularly humiliating defeat. But it’s okay because that was how I met my wife. She was one heck of a trainer. Plus she loved bamboo just as much as me!” The old man chuckled, tears lightly welling up in his eyes, happy ones.

“Let me ask you a question now, young man, where do you come from? Are people in your home so inquisitive? Or maybe you just had a really good teacher, better than the academy’s. You seem far too put together not to have had at least a little tutelage.” The old man questioned Darts.

"My home...?" Darts' thoughts drifted backwards, prompted by the question. A lifetime scrapping and clawing for leftovers on the streets of Sootopolis was what served as his 'home' in the beginning of his life. That wasn't what he thought of first when he thought about his former education.

"I have had a great man in my life for several years now, and some of the best tutors money can buy. I've been incredibly privileged to have some of the people closest to me also be some of the most challenging. It's made me realize that there is very little wisdom that doesn't come with a great deal of pain or strife." As soon as he said these words, it was a like a little lightbulb went off above his head. That simple realization put something of a Combee in the Giratina hybrid's bonnet. The trauma and strife he was going through dealing with Arceus' grand design and Giratina's machinations, revealed to him through the gap in the universe. Was it the next hurdle in his life to push through and overcome?

"Let me ask you something else, bamboo ronin that you are. When you are brought face to face with an incredibly harsh reality, something you don't want to believe despite all of the evidence around it. Something like the fact that time has passed bamboo by as a building material, as something other than a plant that takes up space. How do you deal with it? How do you make peace with that and continue on remaining firm in your convictions?" Darts tilts his head slightly as he looks at the old man, incredibly invested in his answer. They've settled on one of the picnic benches near the battlefield now, looking out over the delicately wound shoots of bamboo.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:08 pm
[Naranja House]

[Bamboo Grove]

Leslie would have a second to look through the hole she had punched through the metallic wall, absorb the slowly growing aggression of the gathered Pawniards and Bisharps, before she would end up confronting the strange Pokemon that seemed to be directing the gathered Pokemon before them. very directly confront, as she suddenly became aware that it hadn't just been her and Amaranth who had been holed up in the tunnel. Catching the kick from the Keldeo square to the back of her head, the Tinkatink hyrbid would find herself sailing through the air towards the visage of the Great Shogun. Yelling throughout her short flight, Leslie would react the only way she could think to when coming face-to-face with the thing trying to fight you off. So as she descended towards this Great Shogun, she would bring her hammer swinging around and aiming to slam into the jumped-up leader of this small platoon.

Watching as his new leader valiantly leaped to confront his previous leader in direct combat, Guts would barely have time to let out a cheer before the ambush of Pawniard that had been in the tunnel with them descended. Taking the initiative and sliding into place behind Amaranth. "Don't worry. I will respect my leader's decisions. As long as I stand, no harm shall befall you!" He said, seeming to believe it would somehow translate over to the channeler. And taking advantage of the confusion from the now Mist covered tunnel and his appearance, the small Pawniard would go tearing through his brethren with a flurry of Fury Cutters as he aimed to wound and damage anyone who dared to think he was among their numbers still.

[Drylands]

Chris would feel her drive to avenge this beast that had eliminated such a rare botanical find fade immediately as she watched it casually grab her Victribell and give it a crushing blow with one of its massive claws. Quickly popping open its Pokeball and returning the Grass type back to safety, she would look towards her Roserade and then to Beau. "Okay. Lost my head for a second there. But I think I'm going to agree with our guide. Let's get out of here. But first, I vote we help with making things too inhospitable for that Klawf to follow." Nodding to her Roserade, she watched as it quickly readied and threw a flurry of Toxic Spikes from within one of its bouquets to coat the lands just past the grass being affected by the Grass Knot. Nodding towards Beau, she would begin her retreat as she did her best to run even as some of the others around began to board faster-moving Pokemon.

Taking the hint for what would entitle making things inhospitable from what he could do, Beau would unleash another large cloud of Powder before whistling to Red Baron. Feeling the Flying type's talons wrap around his shoulder and help lift them both into the air, Beau would keep his gaze locked onto the Klawf and the Powder cloud he had just left behind. He needed to time the detonation right to throw that beast back if it was going to be effective. Hopefully the other efforts to halt its progress would do their job but.....well, it always seemed like blowing things up was an effective way to do things.  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

DeoLux

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:09 pm
Deo was trying to make out what is happening and what has happened. It would be easier if it was slower. That was not the case. For Deo, he was quick to catch on to things rather quickly. Those cases though were of things he was familiar and confident in. It really did not help the case that he was selected to commentate a pokemon match. He never liked the idea of being an announcer if he ever had to watch. He could have said something if he was asked. His manners would get in his way. He was blindsided when he was chosen to be one. He could not help but be silent and spectate. Though he was an officer and was a dutiful and productive officer, he was never charismatic. He felt terrible knowing he was not doing his job fairly and wasn't helping his team impress these people at all. Was it fair? no. It did give him time to reflect, seeing how his time in the force made him stern and quiet. When he worked as an officer of the law, he was never one for due process. He wanted to see justice done properly. That was why he almost got fired, and why he left the force. He never wanted to go through due process. He wanted to stop crime any means necessary. He stopped his reelection when he saw the thunder attack and went back to watching and not reflecting on his past and his desires to stop crime, even if it means to break laws.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:44 pm
Uva House
Odd had no time to call for any kind of reaction as the battle rapidly moved toward it’s conclusion. Attacks flew, lightning crashed down along with a a wildly charging dragon and the next thing he knew, Glissando was lying on the ground, face in the dirt as electricity crackled in his mane. “That’s it for us.” He announced, recalling the Hypno to his ball. He cast a look to Abby, wondering why she felt her Pokemon was the only one capable of bringing raw power to the battle. The others had more than proven they were capable of bringing power to the battlefield. Regardless, that meant the battle was now one on one and would likely be coming to an end with the next move, whomever managed to pull it off first, whatever it was.

Naranja House

Drylands

Clare was careful to make sure Gus-Gus was recalled to their ball and that Mirage was secured in their grip as Santiago tried to carry them away from the Klawf as it raged. “I don’t know what brought this beast out of wherever it was hiding but the whole lot of your group are insane, trying to fight it.” He told his passenger, an exasperated breath escaping him as he flew, gripping Clare’s smooth, glassy flesh tighter to avoid dropping them.

Clare watched Klawf as it proceeded to try attacking more, even as those who had been fighting it began to scatter. “Maybe we are.” They agreed with a small nod.”But they gave me a home when I needed one… I’d be a monster if I turned and ran while they fought for me.”

“And what did that get you, pendeja?” Santiago snapped, though it was clear it was an admonishment rather than anger. “You’re short an arm and your friends may end up all being expelled for being involved in all this. We may all be!”

“About that… I might need to see a doctor. Immediately.”

“You think?” Santiago asked. “Did you even bleed when that thing snipped your arm off? Doesn’t it hurt?”

“Actually… no. I don’t think Klawf did that, either. I kind of think I did it, myself.” Clare responded as the group continued to make their escape.

~~~

Bamboo Grove

Lykas, not recognizing Leslie at first, would almost immediately recognize her tactics when she was unfortunate enough to take Delmare’s attack and be sent flying, only to pull an Uno-style reverse card and turn the misfortune into a surprise attack. “What in the hell did I miss lately?” He asked himself calmly before he was thrown into a frenzy of dodged attacks, utilizing Acid Armor to liquify his midsection and move in nigh-impossible ways to evade the various slash attacks sent after him. “Delmare, use Sacred Sword on those Litwick. Cut their restraints.” He directed his Pokémon. The mare Pokemon nodded and dashed over to the nearest wall, horn glowing with Fighting-type energy as they slashed at the shackles holding the various Litwick hostage(at least the ones within freeing range). Perhaps they’d help fight off their once captors if they were set free?

Lykas felt the Mist begin to spread about the cave and used it to his advantage, taking a deep breath. With an infusion of Ice energy into his breath, he forged a mental image of an icicle and released a breath of Icy Wind across the Pawniard population in the hope of helping to keep them distracted. With the mist in the air, maybe he could freeze them in place?  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:28 pm
[Uva House]

Reno would be doing his best to figure how he might synergize with Odd's Hypno, trying to plot some course to make Spike and himself useful despite the current litany of effects constraining the Dragon type. But all he needed to do was provide a distraction or something to at least worry about, not attempt to land a direct hit. The Hypno should be healthy and focused enough to handle this Wooloo with only a little aid. Turning to look towards the Hypno, he saw....it flat on the ground. Sprawled out like it had taken an explosion to the face and died.

Well, that did not bode well.

Eyes quickly shifting back to the Wooloo and his very dazed and struggling Shelgon, it suddenly went from casually identify best way to be a nuisance time to frantically find any miniscule edge to take the win time. Any physical attack seemed extremely liable to lead to a dazed crash that would eliminate Spike from the match or at least result in another bout of paralysis overtaking his body. So that left attempting a ranged attack, which meant either Dragon Breath or Flamethrower. But which one to pick to attempt to take down this....exceptionally fluffy looking Pokemon.

Wait. Wasn't all of that extra fluff and fuzz on it extremely flammable?

Decicing to bet all of his worth on this vague theory, Reno bit down before forcing a smile through his clenched jaw. "Well, at least I get this little final showdown with you, Aden. You ready to see if you can win this one!?" Reno bellowed, slamming his metallic hand into the palm of his right hand. "One last stand! A climatic showdown! Now, Spike. Flamethrower!" With that last shout, Spike would jolt into action and unleash a torrent of flame towards the Wooloo. But it was still taking a moment for the stream of flame to swing around and fully direct itself towards the Normal type. If Aden had a response, now was the time to do it and try for his own final shot at glory.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:33 am
[Uva House]

Upon seeing the Flamethrower well on its way to burn his Wooloo to a crisp, Aden was surprisingly calm in the moment. He'd already mentally prepared that someone might figure to go for special attacks, and that extra fluff was indeed quite flammable. But he'd still take a moment to take his SNAG out and tap at it before holstering it again, letting the music set the mood. To all of this, Wooloo had just enough time to look back at Aden and then at the flames that she had no hope of evading.

One way or another, this battle was about to conclude and Wooloo wasn't likely to survive the attack. But if there was ever a time for a literal blaze of glory, this was it. "Can't say I was expecting to hit a weak point with that last attack, but we'll take those. Wooloo, let's give the academy a battle to remember! Double-Edge!"

In that moment, Wooloo understood what this meant. Either stop that Shelgon now- even if she went down for it- or fall anyway from inaction. So she started rolling, serving as a physical shield for the Flamethrower as it hit and immediately ignited her. Through the pained bleating, she held her ground as her rolling sped up, soon overpowering the attack as she carried on through the fire and flames, looking more like a wooly fireball as the music playing hit its climax and she collided into Spike.

Regardless of the outcome, the Flamethrower and her reckless charge would see her knocked out, only to start glowing afterward. With the candies she ate earlier, apparently the battle had been enough to finally see her evolve. All at once, the small sheep had grown considerably, now double her original size and sporting an impressive set of horns. Impressive as her transformation might be, it wasn't enough to rouse her from unconsciousness.

Tapping at the SNAG to stop the music just after it finished, Aden gave a confused look at the Wooloo-turned-Dubwool before him and the unexpected circumstances of her evolution. Usually Pokemon don't evolve after they faint. "..that can happen?"  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Tsuki the Lunar Wind

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:31 am
Naranja - Bamboo Grove

“Good morning Miss Raifort.” said one voice out of something close to a dozen Paldean students. It had been a long night, Tsuki having stayed up overnight cramming for the next history quiz, so the redhead had accidentally avoided most of the gossip spreading around the academy like wildfire. His ears perked up though, from the textbook he had his face borderline glued to, before his eyes when he heard Miss Raifort mention the words ‘Team’ and ‘Snagem’ in the same breath. Dropping his textbook, Tsuki squinted and eyed the newbies. He didn’t recognize any of them! Who were these guys?! But something about them though, it made him less suspicious and more curious. It had been a few years- new members maybe? Regardless, he felt a pang of jealousy at hearing their stories. One of them had even encountered a Zygarde!

Oh, but those Darts and Sol characters- Tsuki genuinely stared, recognizing them. In his time with Snagem, he hadn’t interacted with either of them much (chalk it up to being a petulant middle schooler at the time), but he did recognize them easily. Any semblance of trying to be subtle went immediately out the window- although to be fair he wasn’t the only one staring in the classroom with all of the talk of legends and transfer students. He shook his head and reminded himself to focus! To play it cool. To- oh was he nervous? Was it possible that they found him or was this just blind luck on his own part. Could they break him out of school?! He slapped himself in the face this time. One of his peers eyed him funny and Tsuki shot back a glare- something he hadn’t done in a while. But back to business!

It was nice to be let out of coop, as it were, and Tsuki felt some relief in knowing that they’d get to go on an expedition across some parts of Paldea. He decided to follow the group going into the Northern Province, for the reason of thinking the shade would help him stick in the background for a bit.

It had been three years now and Tsuki had more or less just gone AWOL on them. Even if it had been against his will, that sucked. So he decided to keep to the last Squawkabilly taxi, sending out his Magby to talk with as they rode. Hopefully by the time the lift was over, he’d have some semblance of a plan in reintroducing himself. It wasn’t like he totally understood Pokespeak- but he had more or less grown up with the fire type. As his best and only real friend, only Aggie was able to help him get his head sorted straight.

“Mag- magby?”

“Yeah, it’s them. Finally, right?”

“Bebe, mag. Magby?”

“Hey, your guess is as good as mine.” Tsuki said, looking down at the region from up above. For so long he had thought about leaving. Trying to manage it, trying to plan it. Hell, in his first week here he had tried to use some kid’s Abra to Teleport him- only to fall into the ocean and need rescuing. Eventually he had just given up. It had been easier to just go with the flow, turn his brain off, and accept things as they were.

The Magby stood up on her seat and scratched her chin. “Magby?”

Tsuki sighed. “I dunno Aggie. I dunno.” He didn’t know what he should be feeling, let alone what he actually was. By the time they landed, the boy stuck to the back of the group like he had before and listened in as the old man who lived here greeted them quickly and just as quickly sent them away. Not having much to do, he didn’t wander far off. Usually students took the opportunity to go off and catch some Pokemon to add to their team, but losing his own team once had made him adverse to ever adding anyone again to his roster.

Tsuki sat a bit out of sight as the old man talked about his family’s history and about his disdain for the Paldean government. His problems trying to do what he could in a world that wanted to enforce it’s own ideas of what is considered appropriate on you. He empathized, maybe not knowing to the same extent, but having an idea of how to relate. “That sucks, y’know? You’d think that if they were gonna intrude in here, they’d at least bring a part of it somewhere else.“ he said aloud, making a small wave from the corner he had been in.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:39 pm
[Naranja House]

[Drylands]

The students would successfully flee from the rampaging giant crab, the crustacean choosing not to pursue its previous targets, seemingly to stay behind and protect its turf. As they fled, a small orb of red light quickly shot up into the air from the general location of the crab, like a shooting star going up instead of down, twinkling out of sight after reaching a certain altitude. Whatever that was, it was far away from here within seconds.

The tour guide would gather the students back up, assembling in the same location where they touched down, the Squawkabilly taxis waiting for them. Not too pleased with how the outing turned out, the woman remained silent and made sure everyone boarded their taxis, watching them closely as they took off and disappeared into the sky. So much for this field trip, back to school they go.

—--

[Bamboo Grove]

An artificial sun would brighten and heat up the throne room, every shadow dispelled under the glow of Sunny Day. A small group of Pawniard were swept back by Camerupt’s Lava Plume, the empowered Fire attack proving powerful enough to instantly knock out three. While Chi-chi didn’t OHKO anyone who did manage to knock two Bisharp over who stumbled and fell into a third with her Vacuum Wave punches. A second Lava Plume would be conjured to engulf the fallen three, knocking them out. Lu and Firebrand would join the fray as one flung spheres of energy followed up by kicks while the other joined in on raising the general temperature as flames flew. A pair of Pawniard and a Bisharp was ensnared by the Fire Spin, causing the three to flinch in pain, their troubles only escalating from here.

The numerous Litwick were freed thanks to Lykas though the candle ghosts seemed confused as to what to do next, staring at their savior for a bit before looking around the area. Watching the Snagems attack the Pawniard and Bisharp they decided that they didn't want to be slaves any longer and decided to let out some of their pent up aggressive, the Litwick flying into the fray to latch themselves onto the faces of distracted Pawniard fighting the Snagems and sap away their life force in revenge.

The gathered metallic menaces gasped as Altaria conjured up its Mist, already panicked over the freed Litwick trying to kill them. Almost every single Pawniard and Bisharp was now certain that this was the foretold calamity in action, the stories were true in their eyes. The resolve of the weaker Pawniard was shattered as the Mist filled the chamber, the young Pokemon fleeing in horror. Lykas combining Icy Wind with the Mist would make matters only worse, ice crystals forming on their bodies, fueling the panic. The mentally stronger Pawniard, roughly half of what was, and all the Bisharp stood strong in the face of the apocalyptic scenario that was playing out before them, though all of them were now finding their movements more sluggish thanks to Icy Wind. Most of them were not keen to what Amaranth and her Minior were up to, except for a single Bisharp that attempted to pounce on them before they could make their move, swinging at one of its arm blades at the Minior with Metal Claw.

And then came Leslie, flying through the air, bravely launching a sneak attack upon the leader of the pack, the one responsible for all this. Holding her prestigious self-made hammer high above her head the newly christened Tinkatink hybrid would bring the hammer down upon the main head of this steel hydra made up of chess pieces, her resolve firm like the iron these creatures so covet-...and then she got smacked away.

Without so much as giving her a glance the Kingambit would smack Leslie away in mid flight with a backhand, the actual move a ‘Metal Claw’ except it didn’t even bother to use one of its proper blades and instead infused the steel energy into its pimp hand and treat her like a filthy Jynx hybrid working the streets of Saffron City. Leslie would be sent slamming into the wall nearest the throne with such force that a pair of Litwick were knocked off, the ghosts fleeing frantically through the walls. Rising up, again without immediately looking at her, the Kingambit would approach Leslie, the massive sword on its head glowing bright with Steel energy as it readied an Iron Head, intending to dispatch of this nuisance that dared to challenge its kingly might. ”Pathetic. Your hammer isn’t even worth its weight in scrap.” The Kingambit said as it kicked away her hammer, the girl losing her grip on it upon being hit. With its head blade fully charged Kingambit would swing its head down towards the defenseless Leslie, intending to split her in two.

Amaranth would have a good view of Leslie and Kingambit as some of the wild Fire moves cut through the Mist, allowing her a path of visibility to see the Kingambit prepared to strike Leslie down, the leader Pokemon’s back facing her. If she was going to do something she had to do it now and couldn’t afford distractions such as the Bisharp about to attack her Minior.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:06 pm
[Naranja House]

[Drylands]

Though the escape had thankfully been a success, Sol couldn't help feeling bad for the kid he was trying to protect through the whole thing. Agueda had calmed enough to be silent, though watching her dejectedly board one of the taxis, he decided to speak up to the tour guide.

"I'll take full responsibility for these... unfortunate events," he spoke up, causing her to stop in the moment. "I was trying to help one of the newer students catch a Pokemon and got that Klawf's attention as a matter of circumstance."

"But I-" Agueda started, only for Sol to motion for her to continue into the taxi.

"Have done nothing wrong," he added. "I made the call to fight in defense once Klawf attacked rather than immediately flee. Now, as I were." He'd board one of the taxis shortly after, figuring there wasn't much point in waiting for a response that didn't come from the Indigo Alliance or Director Clavell.

—--

[Bamboo Grove]

"I'm not sure fire's the best option in- here..." Amaranth was surprised to see Guts take to her defense, her SNAG's translation confirming the act, giving a firm nod as she managed to keep another Pawniard off while the chaos unfolded. The fire moves did have one benefit in restoring some visibility, just in time to see the Tikatink hybrid that went on about knowing her be swatted away almost effortlessly and her SNAG to beep with another translation. This time, it was the Kingambit's remark as they prepared for a coup de grâce, and she found herself starting to run at them without a second thought.

"How about this one, then?" She asked as she approached, using her free hand to get a better grip on the hammer as she swung it at Kingambit's side. In the moment, she finally noticed the hammer was a lot lighter than she remembered, followed by a harsh reminder of its actual heft when Minior took the Metal Claw and Amaranth threw herself with the swing. Almost as soon as it all transpired, the hammer's weight had lightened again and led to a brief moment of confusion regardless of what the swing managed to do.

Back with the Minior, the attack didn't set well with them at all, quick to retaliate with a Power Gem towards the Bisharp that struck them just moments prior.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:06 pm
The Fire-type moves began to do serious damage to the Pawniard and Bisharp in the immediate vicinity, aided by other Fire-type Pokémon in the area.

Then, it came. A large Pokémon with fluffy wings. Altaria. Dragon/Flying. The Humming Pokémon. Altaria dances and wheels through the sky among billowing, cotton-like clouds. By singing melodies in its crystal-clear voice, this Pokémon makes its listeners experience dreamy wonderment. It shrouded the volume in Mist, which dissipated in places as it contacted the flames from the various Fire-types and even the Litwick. Even as visibility dropped in the cavern, Monique could see panicking Pawniard running to and fro, their numbers dwindling.

The sheriff contemplated how to use her Pokémon. The Altaria was an interloper who, depending on its moveset, could wreak havoc. The burst of panic gave her the time to figure out how to deploy her resources.

She pulled ChiChi with her. The last thing she wanted was to be separated or for her Fire-types to damage her classmate. Reaching in her bag, she went for her calling card.

"What's that?" ChiChi asked after seeing the Alolan Marowak, twirling its bone almost hypnotically.

"Ice Beam!" Monique pointed in the direction from which Altaria had entered, hoping Kalama's aim would be true. She heard a smacking sound from somewhere else in the mist, metal clanging to the ground.

"That is one of the last pieces of home I have," Monique added, turning back to the Lucario woman.  

MoniqueBrie

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:31 pm
[Uva House]

Reno was prepared to cheer on his victory as he saw the collapsed and newly evolved Dubwool that laid knocked out in the field. Well, at least until he had to confront the idea of where did Spike end up going. It was impossible to tell, especially with how high and broad the Dubwool appeared to be. Oh. The Dubwool appeared to be collapsed on top of the also unconscious Shelgon. Letting out a small huff as he looked towards the odd situation, Reno would turn towards the crowd of students and teacher. "The absolute most Snagem part of a Team Snagem fight!" Reno crowed, doing his best to continue spinning this cavalcade of improvisations and broad interpretation of rules into a genius fight, "An ending result no one could have predicted! Lets cheer this result and take our time to reflect on what each combatant here could have done differently to swing the fight in their favor."  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:21 pm
[Naranja House]

[Bamboo Grove]

The ‘bamboo ronin’, as Darts had appropriately dubbed him, considered the hybrid’s question, a question proving to be a difficult one as he mulled it over. His gaze fell upon a single young shoot that stood between a cluster of much taller bamboo, the shoot no doubt would have a difficult time getting adequate light underneath so much shade but its circumstances could change, one of the other taller plants could be cut down thus allowing more sunlight in, as long as it was still intact and alive it could one day thrive like its neighbors. “Hope.” He answered Darts as he stared at that little hopeful shoot.

“Every day brings new possibilities, right? Nothing is forever. Just as bamboo didn’t last forever as a building material that doesn’t mean it will always be shunned, tomorrow could provide an answer to its underuse, I just have to have hope that the tomorrow I look forward to one day comes.” He smiled at Darts, finally looking away from the shoot. “The bamboo never questions tomorrow, it has nothing but hope. It grows and spreads until something stops it and continues to do so. It is a defiant and persistent plant because even when its progress is hindered it could one day break free of its restraints and continue its spread. That is hope, an undying resolve. Some may call it stubbornness and maybe it is, but it’s what keeps me going. Like the bamboo I will never get up because tomorrow could remove the shade that hinders my growth and then I shall grow unlike ever before.”

After finishing his spiel the old man was alerted toTsuki as he spoke up, the old man glancing over at him from over Darts’ shoulder, noting he was the only other student still around besides Darts. He figured everyone would leave but was surprised to see one other besides the hybrid he had been talking to, was Tsuki there this entire time? “Oh, hello there young man. Come over here, sit with us. I thought everyone else had run off.” He said to Tsuki, patting on the bench they were sitting out, there was still plenty of room.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:58 pm
[Naranja House]

[Bamboo Forest]

"It's made out of your army's metal. Are you saying your soldiers aren't worth a lick?" The girl shot back, scrambling with her one free hand for something else to counter this thing. After all, she had just lost her hammer but she still had her Pokemon. Hopefully she could manage to get someone out with the few seconds she had before this thing in front of her put her greatly reduced durability to the test and found it wanting. Grabbing onto a Pokeball, she would see she was a hair late for stopping the Iron Head before it could come swinging in.

However, she was right on time to take advantage of Amaranth leaping into action with her own hammer to swing at the Kingambit. It didn't matter if she connected or not (Although she really hoped that the channeler did) but the distraction it would provide was all the moment she needed to crack open the Pokeball in her hand. "Lacuna! Get this thing off me!" Leslie called out, struggling her way out of the wall she was implanted in. Her Mawile would flash a grin towards her trainer before immediately unloading towards the Kingambit's face with a gout of Flamethrower. Scrambling towards her hammer, Leslie would flash a similarly toothy grin as the Mawile as she prepared to come at this fight as a three-on-one. That first swing of hers had been more the result of some bad coordination. This would go much better. Unless Amaranth's swing made the giant Steel type crash into her while she was still grabbing her hammer. Otherwise, flawless teamwork to be had.

Speaking of teamwork, Guts the Pawniard would be quick to notice the Minor was being attacked by one of the Bisharp that were around them. So naturally, as it released a Power Gem blast, he would slide into position behind the larger Pokemon's legs. Launching an Assurance attack, Guts would direct simultaneous chops to the back of both of the Bisharp's knees. "No harm to the Pokemon of the hammer leader either! I will not be defied in my declarations, not even by a former superior!" Guts cried out, already preparing to go down fighting against this likely physically superior but morally feeble force.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:03 am
[Naranja House]

[Bamboo Grove]

Realizing that he had essentially outed himself from his sneaking, Tsuki looked like an Stantler caught in a car’s headlight for a moment before realizing that: no he actually didn’t recognize the Giratina hybrid. He sounded familiar, dressed familiar, but he had never known anyone to be a hybrid of the actual Pokesatan- so that actually set him at ease. Thanks Satan. “Yeah sure.” He said to the old man, taking a seat next to the two of them. His Magby, who he hadn’t (and usually only ever did for class) recalled to her ball, hopped on the bench as well. “Don’t have much of a reason to run off, yknow?” He said, more invested in learning about the grove than exploring.

Tsuki liked how the ‘bamboo ronin’ said it, about the shade, the bamboo, and the growth. A part of him still wanted to break free of his own restraints, jump on a table, and swear that he’d never help organize another bake sale or car wash fundraiser ever again. Or that he’d never stay late after a school dance to help clean up. But he didn’t know how to in his situation or how the old man could still be so hopeful after years of the Paldean government giving him the runaround. To have nothing but hope? It seemed daunting at best, especially when thinking about how long someone would need to wait for the tides to change.

“Do you ever think about packing up and bringing your plants somewhere else?” Tsuki asked him. That’s what he had done when he had run away from his home in Cinnabar Island. He had decided the idea of his parents being better wasn’t worth the constant fighting and booked it in the middle of the night. In retrospect, he might have been able to handle that situation better. But what was done, was done.

His Magby looked up at him. “Mag-magby.” Her trainer squinted, grabbed her, and gave the fire type a noogie.

“Rude!”  

Tsuki the Lunar Wind

Newbie Noob

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 7:10 pm
[Naranja House

Santiago carried Clare toward the Flying taxis with their flocks of Squawkabilly making all their noise setting them down gently before alighting on the hard, dry earth beside them. "Your friends really are something, crazy or not." He admitted. "Most people would have run from something like that and left you to your fate." He decided, certain that such actions were entirely the result of a few loose screws. "I suppose I don't have much room to speak, though." He had to admit it was strange he'd felt there was any chance at winning that fight or he wouldn't have even attempted to help

"And this little Pokemon has a courageous heart that could match a Tyranitar." He assured Mirage, reaching down to rub her head, receiving an affectionate "coo"ing in response from he recently hatched Pokemon. Clare didn't speak at first, simply climbing into the flying taxi, staring off into space for a bit as it began to move, looking at the stump of their missing arm for a moment as they moved it around, almost feeling as if the limb were still present. "Do you really think we'll get in trouble?" They finally asked. "It did attack us first, after all."

"¿Quién podría decir?" Santiago muttered quietly, hoping for the best outcome, though he had no idea what that might look like at the moment.

~~~

Lykas smirked as he saw his plan begin to work. Delmare's slash broke the shackles of several of those Litwick and they immediately went on to fight against their oppressors. That said, it didn't really do him all that much good at first. It took a moment for the combination of attacks from the varied Snagems and classmate to scatter the weaker Pawniard and the Bisharp with the weaker wills. It did, however, ultimately lead to a smaller number to battle. "We need to thin them out more!" He urged the others. Deciding to go after the ones that weren't slowed by his Icy Wind, he aimed Will-o-Wisps at the Bisharp, specifically, that didn't have frost forming on them already. "Delmare, let's have a sword fight and beat back these peons. Use Mega Horn to overpower the stronger ones if you can." He directed the Keldeo. Delmare nodded and as he resolved to win, his "antlers" began to glow, coming together to cover his small horn in a hard "armor" in the form of a bigger, thicker blade that glowed with the Bug energy infused into them, which he then brought to bear upon any Bisharp that tried to challenge him, though he would invariably end up facing Kingambit, unsure how to proceed at first, until it saw Amaranth's attack coming and decided to follow it up with a Mega Horn attack aimed at the "ronin" Pokemon's midsection.

"Help!" Mara's voice called out as she neared the picnic area where Darts and Tsuki were talking to the old proctor for the group. "I need help!" She called, running toward the old man, stumbling more than once now that she had finally found him. "Students have been taken by the local Pawniard!" By the time she caught up, she'd be panting too hard to speak for a moment, hoping that by the time she could explain, that it wouldn't be too late.  
Team Mission Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff