Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Mission Archive
TM2 - First Day of School; Of Grapes and Oranges Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Atlantis_Darts
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2023 2:37 pm
Tsuki the Lunar Wind

Requiem of Whyspers
[Naranja House
"Help!" Mara's voice called out as she neared the picnic area where Darts and Tsuki were talking to the old proctor for the group. "I need help!" She called, running toward the old man, stumbling more than once now that she had finally found him. "Students have been taken by the local Pawniard!" By the time she caught up, she'd be panting too hard to speak for a moment, hoping that by the time she could explain, that it wouldn't be too late.

“Mara?” Tsuki asked, recognizing his fellow Naranja classmate right away. Even though the Seaking hybrid and he ran in different circles, he took it on himself as the class vice president to know everyone. As she quickly explained the gist of what was going on, he stood up and tossed his Magby over his shoulder. Students were being taken by wild Pokemon? That was so not going to be allowed to continue on his watch- especially since he knew he had a favorable match up against them with his Fire type. And unlike the Snagems who were new here, Tsuki had spent the last three years living in Paldea. He had a decent idea where to look, considering the direction that Mara had come running from.

“Call the teacher!” Tsuki called out to her as he made a break for the Pawniard situation. Even if he wasn’t an expert on that species, he was aware of how territorial they could get. And that wasn’t even considering the Bisharp or especially the Kingambit that could command them.

Ah, damn it. Darts thinks to himself as he rises to his feet, watching the young blood of the team scamper off in front of him. When was it that it became he no longer relished always being on the frontline of these things? He had just sat down.... either way duty called. He hefts himself to his feet, the edges of his jacket rippling serenely as it seemed to shake itself awake as well. There was something about this little patch of bamboo that tugged at some deeper instinct in the hybrid's heart. Either way, this entire conversation made him realize he had a couple of people he needed to apologize to, never an easy prospect for the prideful Snagem.

SubonicXP
The elder samurai smiled wide at Darts' realization about the very nature of bamboo, and people. He has seen generations of students from the academy, none of them coming anywhere near close to learning the lessons of the bamboo as Darts has."You are correct, and wise beyond your years, young master." The old man spoke to Darts, bestowing upon him a, in the ronin's mind, much earned title. He had met the hybrid roughly an hour ago, knew very little of him, and yet could see that an ancient soul stood before him with knowledge far beyond his years. Now if only the old man knew the extent of the knowledge Darts held.

"Bamboo, like people, wander, searching for a place where they can thrive, a place they can call home. They endure all hardships as they spread and continue to do so until something makes them stop. But, every now and then they find the right spot, their 'home', such as this place, and there they thrive." He smiled, staring out at the bamboo forest. "And yet, the bamboo would have never found this place, this perfect home, if not for my ancestor. He brought them here. The bamboo only realized their true potential with a little help from another. Just like people, just like Pokemon, we all work together to bring out the best in us. We can only get so far alone."

"Ho ho! I guess I never did share my name, did I? Call me Jinzo, Arashiyama Jinzo." He said, giving Tsuki his full name. Before he could say much else Mara appeared, frantic and concerned. Listening to her he gasped softly. The local Pawniard never harmed the students, in fact they were noteworthy for only picking fair fights with trainers, for them to apparently kidnap students was unheard of. Watching as Tsuki fled Jinzo turned to Darts.

"The Pawniard and their evolutions are vital to the ecosystem of this bamboo forest, they help keep the forest in check. I won't ramble on too much more but please, do what you can to smooth over this situation. If the league finds out about any rogue Pokemon attacking students I fear they may try to relocate the Pawniard, or worse. You're a hybrid, speak to their leader, a Kingambit, a sort of very big Bisharp if you're familiar. Tell him the Arashiyama clan pleads for calm."

"If I'm wise beyond my years, it's only because I've had good teachers." Darts says with a smile that was hidden underneath the shadows of his crest. "I would have a request of you, but I don't have time to explain now. Let's connect after we get done handling this whole... en passant situation. I'll be back after we handle things Jinzo." With that he dashes off after Tsuki, in hot pursuit of the younger Snagem with a bit of a lead on him.

SubonicXP
By the time Tsuki and Darts arrived on scene they would see the PAwniard and Bisharp, at least those not knocked out, kowtowing before Monique's Alolan Marowak, as well as a bunch of Litwick buzzing around, Lykas's Keldeo facing off with a Chandelure, and an empowered Kingambit facing Leslie, her Mawile, Amaranth, and Brian's Lucario. Littered around the rest of the cavern were the fainted Pawniard and Bisharp, numerous of them just sprawled out all over the place. It looked like a massacre took place here.
Tsuki the Lunar Wind

Were the rest of these non Paldean students members of Team Snagem? Tsuki didn't recognize any of them at all. He must have been gone an eternity or something. Did they forget about him? Hm. He shook his head, deciding that any thoughts like this would only distract him away from the fight at hand. With only one Magby to his name, even as well trained as she was, it'd just take one KO to take him out of the fight entirely. Then he'd go from help to a liability and that was something he'd refuse to ever be.

Darts arrives a couple of seconds after Tsuki, stopping still right behind the Magby owner with an Ultra Ball clutched in his gilt fist. "Jeez... not like they needed our help, huh?" He asks Tsuki, depositing the capsule into his jacket. "Is everybody okay?!" He half-shouts, raising his voice to get the attention of any other Snagems as they wade into the 'carnage' spilt out in front of them.

MoniqueBrie
Monique looked at Kalama, recalling her to her Poké Ball. A couple of the Pawniard stared expectantly and then at Monique. She could hear them in shock. "Our Queen of the Flaming Bone!"

With all of her Pokémon back, the Zoroark and Lucario hybrids walked out, hoping they could get back to the taxis in time. Or, failing that, ChiChi might get her first experience with Claydol.

There were probably no casualties but that didn't make the fight look any less brutal. Not to mention there was some kind of... odd worship going on with the rest of the Pawniard and Bisharp, bowing before Monique's Pokemon. As she returns the Marowak, Darts ambles up, cocking an eyebrow.

"They seem... enamored with your Pokemon, to say the least. What happened here?" He asks her, conversationally.

SubonicXP
"All Naranja house students report back to the academy! I repeat, all students report back immediately!" A voice spoke over the SNAGs and Roto-phones owned by the students in the bamboo grove. They were being summoned back to the academy. Looks like they didn't have enough time to help straighten out this mess here.

Oh... great. Looked like Jinzo was going to have to wait a little bit longer on that request. He surveys the area, trying to make sure everyone was fit to try and make their way back to the school. Big blaring messages tended to follow the team throughout the years, he noted quietly to himself. Whether it was in defiance of the Rangers, as criminal vigilantes, or even now as heroes those loud messages that showed up... tended to spell trouble for the Snagems.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2023 2:53 pm
[Naranja House]

[Bamboo Grove]

Tsuki’s eyes narrowed and he was forced to cover them with one of his arms when Amaranth’s hammer came crashing down through the fire and onto the trapped Kingsgambit, the explosion being strong enough to even push his Magby away from the impact while midair. He ran over and scooped her up into his arms carefully. Aggie was fine- but her dramatic posturing made her come across as so wounded. She put a hand over her head to feign being hurt despite not actually suffering any attacks during their brief time in the battle. “Oh no, and you were so brave.” he said dryly to the little Fire type, letting her sit on his shoulders while she ‘recovered’. He hadn’t actually been in a Pokemon battle in a while- letting the student council president be the local inspiring meathead while he actually did the work for her.

When the dust, and the smoke, settled the trainer saw that the fight was over. The Big Blade Pokemon was knocked out along with most of his troops and that was apparently enough of a message to get the remaining stragglers to back off- which led the question of what to do next. Tsuki was aware that the worst thing that could happen after someone bad was taken down a peg was there being a potential power vacuum left in their wake. He didn’t have much time to think about the problem however once his Roto-phone went off with the announcement for all of the remaining Naranja students to return to the academy. Were they not going to finish their lesson with Old Man Jinzo?

Actually, the ronin could probably do something since this was his grove to tend. Tsuki would make sure to send a letter to him once they all got back to the academy.

Noticing the Giratina hybrid followed him, Tsuki turned around and scratched the back of his head. “I guess not, but yeah, I think everyone here is okay. We should still check though. Are there any students who are hurt or trapped?!” the trainer called out as he waded through the remains of the battle, not wanting to be the first student to head out. It’d be a dereliction of his responsibility as vice president to not make sure that the other regular students got out- for some reason he figured the Snagems would be fine (especially considering the damned Keldeo they had watching their back). He tried to focus less on how or if he’d consider unpacking his old life and more on the students who might not have been adept at battle. Most of them barely had more than a handful of Pokemon to protect them and the Pawniard line was definitely more on the fierce side of things. It inspired him and almost made him want to catch one. But a guilty part of him stuffed that feeling deep down with the other things that made him feel bad.

For now though, he’d keep to the group’s tail and help make sure no one fell behind.  

Tsuki the Lunar Wind

Newbie Noob

MoniqueBrie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:38 am
Atlantis_Darts

MoniqueBrie
Monique looked at Kalama, recalling her to her Poké Ball. A couple of the Pawniard stared expectantly and then at Monique. She could hear them in shock. "Our Queen of the Flaming Bone!"

With all of her Pokémon back, the Zoroark and Lucario hybrids walked out, hoping they could get back to the taxis in time. Or, failing that, ChiChi might get her first experience with Claydol.

There were probably no casualties but that didn't make the fight look any less brutal. Not to mention there was some kind of... odd worship going on with the rest of the Pawniard and Bisharp, bowing before Monique's Pokemon. As she returns the Marowak, Darts ambles up, cocking an eyebrow.

"They seem... enamored with your Pokemon, to say the least. What happened here?" He asks her, conversationally.

Monique sighed, trying to buy time to figure out what exactly to say. "First, I might as well introduce you two... Darts, this is ChiChi, she's a dancer and runs a studio by the academy...and ChiChi, this is Darts, one of Snagem's most interesting characters, and that's a high bar to set." She paused, trying to figure out how to explain it. "It turns out that, if you take out a Pokémon that they fear deep in legend, they might start worshipping you. Kalama took out an Altaria. Wouldn't be the first time she's captivated some people."

She thought back to Hisui and the escape from the dungeon in the basement of Galaxy Hall. Kalama, in many ways, was past, present, and future brought together. She was the only Pokémon of hers to survive that fateful first Ultra Space transport—the Pokémon of the future. She had been critical in allowing Snagem to escape Jubilife Village—the Pokémon of the past. And now she had a fan club of Pawniard—the Pokémon of the present.

Monique tried to fight back the misty sensation forming in her eyes. "ChiChi... Remember how I told you Kalama was a piece of home to me?" she asked, choking up.

The Lucario hybrid nodded.

"When we get back, or maybe in the taxi, I will tell you more about why."  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:26 pm
Brian breathed a sigh of relief when the Kingambit finally went down. Now that was taken care of, he could see about tending to Lu, who had slumped in his arms at this point from exhaustion. He knew using Protect in such short order would have taken a lot out of her, especially since it didn't properly stop all the damage from Retaliate. Pulling out her Pokeball, he recalled her, and she gave him a tired smile as she disappeared into her ball. Turning to Firebrand, he could see a few Litwick sitting on the Magmortar's head and shoulders, and he couldn't help but smile. Seems the big Fire-type really got along well with the freed Ghost/Fire-types. "Come on, Firebrand, it's time to return," he said, walking over. "Thank ye, Litwick, for helping us out in that battle." He waited until the small candle Pokemon had gone back to their friends, then recalled the Magmortar, who didn't fight the red beam. It seemed letting him out to battle really let him release some pent up energy.

That done, he looked around and spotted the male Lucario. The Fighting/Steel-type looked like he'd finally had enough, and he was sitting on the ground, panting slightly. "Thanks, Lucario," Brian said, making the male look up at him. "Ye might be young, but ye really came through back there. Now, I get the feeling ye're looking for a trainer, is that right?" The male Lucario had regained his breathing by this point, and he stood, nodding in response to Brian's question. "I thought so," Brian said, smiling. "Now, I don't have room on my team at the moment, but I know someone who's been looking for a strong Lucario like yerself. If ye'll allow me, I'll introduce ye to them." The Lucario thought about this for a moment; he could choose to go with this trainer, and potentially meet a trainer of his own, or he could continue to live his life as he had been in the wild and run out of powerful opponents to battle. In the end, the choice was clear. Looking Brian in the eyes, he gave a growl and nodded once, signaling that he was willing to go with him.

At that moment, Brian's SNAG, as well as the SNAGs of the other Snagem students went off, telling them all Naranja house students must report back to the academy. Ah, crap, he thought. We've really done it now, haven't we? Would they believe us if we told them the wild Pokemon started it? It was never a good thing when the school you were attending decided to summon you back, especially if it was directly after a massive battle with the native Pawniard line and a Pokemon they'd never met before. Speaking of which, Brian pulled out his SNAG and snapped a few pictures of the knocked out Kingambit, sending them back to GRAY as an afterthought to update the AI's Pokedex function. Now that that was taken care of, he nodded to the male Lucario and walked back to where they'd been dropped off by the taxis.  

DragonFang099

Hilarious Friend

8,575 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Evolution Debut 250
Team Mission Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers