Welcome to Gaia! ::

Faekat Adoption Agency

Back to Guilds

Faekat Guild 

Tags: Faekat, breedables 

Reply ✚ Archived Event Threads
Children of Gaia Alpha Concept Contest - Closed for Judging!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Faekat Adoption Agency
Crew

Muscular Member

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 11:29 pm
ALPHA

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Colored by: Cheri

This is a concept contest to win the Alpha for the Children of Gaia Tribe.

This particular Alpha is premade: one of our colorists has designed her/him and you’ll get to create their personality!

Below, you’ll find the nitty gritty!

Starts: NOW
Ends: July 15th @ 11:59 PM PST

Rules:

• Only post once
• Do not deter others from entering
• Fill out the form completely
• You may edit your entry up until the end
• We reserve the right to choose no winner
• You may only own ONE Alpha

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 11:44 pm
hen the Wyrm claimed the hearts of the Garou, when the blood of the tribes was shed by the claws of their kin, the Children of Gaia arose to lead the Garou back to the Mother's bounty. They lifted the Impergium, pressed for peace amongst the tribes and spread the words of Gaia's love among the lands of humans. To the Children of Gaia, life is a gift to be savored, not a battle to be won. They are the unifiers of the Garou, the heralds of peace.

The Children of Gaia insist that embracing violence grants the Wyrm victory by default. Death is ever a part of life, they concede, but hatred is the gateway to the inner Wyrm, and must be avoided. Even the Children of Gaia disagree, however, about when the time for talking ends and the time for fighting begins. When they do choose to fight, the Children of Gaia are powerful warriors, strengthened by their commitment to the Mother. Until then, these Garou search for a way to resolve conflicts without bloodshed, curing instead of killing.

The tribe shares a vision of Gaia as a loving, bountiful Mother, and sees the Wyrm as the denial of her love. The Children rightly predicted that the Impergium would forever drive a wedge between humans and Garou, but the tribe seems at a loss before the coming Apocalypse. Its leaders still wish to negotiate with the humans and enlighten them before it is too late, but even then the most optimistic Children wonder if the time for peace is past.

The Children have been given three great secrets by Gaia:

* All creatures who partake of the bounty Gaia freely offers become loving and generous, while those who heed the Wyrm and doubt that Gaia will provide for them become fear-ridden and stingy. Their fear and greed rule them, and drive them to acts of depravity.
* Depravity is a powerful weapon, for it kills empathy. The Depraved are cut off from the purest of Gaia's gifts: the connection to all life,and the simple ability to feel the joy and pain of one another. This depravity drives animals to kill their kin, Garou to slaughter their rivals' children, and Wyrm creatures to try to destroy all life.
* Depravity is a powerful weakness, for only in empathy can joy be found. Those lacking empathy lack the capacity for joy, and fell its loss deep in their hearts as an unending sadness. So they pursue idle diversions, seeking to be diverted from the sorrow in their souls. This weakness is the key to overcoming these foes.

Rather than meet hostility with hostility, the Child of Gaia can transcend his own Rage and visit the Peace of Gaia upon his foes. By meting hatred with understanding and compassion, the Child of Gaia can replace anger with bliss, hate with joy, and war with peace. Their Gifts heal, protect and nurther rather than harm. They are deeply attuned to Gaia and all of Her splendor, and prefer to spend time contemplating harmony over havoc. When angered, however, they are terrible in their Rage.

The Children are not ignorant of the Wyrm's capacity for destruction - they choose to confront it in their own way. While other Garou faced with a toxic waste dump spewing out Banes would simply kill the Banes and move on, a Child would likely arrange for a cleanup of the site to deprive the Banes of their source of strength, then track back to the source to work to change the corporation that made the mess in the first place. The human Kin of the Children are deeply enmeshed in politics, religion and education, working to educate and enlighten humanity in hopes of averting or at least diverting the Apocalypse.

Other Garou grant the Children of Gaia a grudging respect. Children are known as honorable peacekeepers, if a little soft in the head. They have proved right in the past, much to their rivals' annoyance, and radiate a deep faith in the Mother's love.

———

[align=center][b]Owner Username:[/b] Name Here
[b]Tell us a bit about your RP style:[/b] (What types of plots/RP's/etc. do you prefer to play? Any hard no's? Anything you'd like to get more into?)
[b]Why does this particular Alpha appeal to you?:[/b]
[b]Alpha’s Name:[/b] (You gotta name ‘em)
[b]Alpha’s Personality:[/b] (Tell us some about your Alpha! What are they like?)
[b]Motivations and Goals:[/b] (What do they intend to do with their newfound power and leadership position?)[/align]

Faekat Adoption Agency
Crew

Muscular Member

ziennia_zen

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:39 am

(I did also do an entry for the Stargazers’ Alpha, so please keep that in mind when reviewing this ^^)
Owner Username: ziennia_zen
Tell us a bit about your RP style: I haven’t done RP on Gaia yet, but I’d love to! I love RP and the opportunities for viewing things from a different perspective. I do any kind of plots, and I don’t have any real no’s. I just like having fun! I, of course, respect everyone else’s limits and will probably avoid roleplay of more sensitive topics because not everyone has as few limits as me.
Why does this particular Alpha appeal to you?: The Children of Gaia are a very interesting clan. I like the dynamic of “This should be black and white… but is it?” and inner turmoil within the tribe. I also am a sucker for nature and characters who are very in-tune with nature. This Tribe also holds a pride and has a unique connection with their existence and the world’s existence that would be very helpful for letting me get a better feel of Faetasia and the roleplay world within this guild.
Alpha’s Name: Pom’ai
Alpha’s Personality: Pom’ai is an… interesting werewolf. She is always fighting herself internally, struggling with her ideals and execution. She never shows it, though, maintaining an air of dependable leadership. She believes that violence for the sake of violence is simply the Wyrm’s influence, and that violence for the sake of peace is using Gaia’s gift of power for its intended purpose. Pom’ai seeks to embody the core beliefs of the tribe, but finds herself wondering if peace is naive. For this, she meditates constantly, trying to rid her mind of the Depraved thoughts that seek to ruin her mind. Pom’ai is very social and holds the thoughts and opinions of others in high regard. Before making any decision, she calls her tribe together in order to see every perspective on the issue.
Motivations and Goals:Because of her own turmoil, Pom’ai works very diligently to promote Gaia’s wisdom amongst her tribe and to others. She is no stranger to the infighting and arguments over when to fight, and often steps in to resolve these conflicts. There is no right answer yet, she would say, and spending your time thinking about it simply invites Depravity instead. Pom’ai is always speaking of peace and resolution with humans and other tribes, for only together will success over the Wyrm reign. She always gets her tribe’s input, and sometimes even other tribes’ input when she’s really struggling, and makes sure to include as many people as possible before affecting their lives with her commitments. Maintaining peace with those closest, her tribe, is the key to overall peace. Pom’ai, like all Garou, hopes to rid the world of the Wyrm and to save those under its influence.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:35 pm
Owner Username: ktqueen

Tell us a bit about your RP style: I love good story lines, some plot twists and drama. I do enjoy a good amount of things like bromances, friendships, etc. Witty banter and humor tend to be my go to for a lot of things, but I can RP the serious, wise, and absolutely tired of bs types too. Those are among my favorites, but I do enjoy a good story line and it takes very little to get me interested in things.

Why does this particular Alpha appeal to you?: I love how different this clan is in the fact that they'd rather pick a peaceful option. Dedicated to their beliefs and willing to do what it takes to live what they talk... when they have to. The idea of someone following her beliefs to the edge of the line is probably a story line (in a broader scope than personal events) I haven't quite thought about writing just yet and I'm interested in exploring that kind of personality.
Alpha’s Name: Diadora, loosely means gift. Some translations say gift from god.
Alpha’s Personality: Diadora is considers herself a bit of a shepherd. She wants nothing more than to the guide others in the world in the calmest manner possible. There is an ego hiding behind it, believing that she is the one to usher the world forward, though she struggles with that negative element of herself. Admitting weaknesses and moving forward to fight against them is core to being the best leader she can be.

Motivations and Goals: Currently, Diadora's motivations are twofold. Primarily she wishes to guide as many people (fae, weres, etc) to understand how to work with Gaia and reject the Wyrm. Secondarily, she wants to convince the other tribes that violence should be the very last choice when all other options have failed.

ktqueen
Crew

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:25 pm
(Please note: I have also entered for the Stargazer Alpha as well.)

Owner Username: Mewsings of An Angel
Tell us a bit about your RP style: My only hard nos are really death, or miscellaneous RP with no real growth or purpose. I like to feel challenged in what I write and be interested in what is going on.
Why does this particular Alpha appeal to you?:
Roleplaying the character of Inkeri, the female werewolf alpha of the Children of Gaia, can be appealing for several reasons:

1. Depth and Complexity: Inkeri's personality and motivations offer a rich and multifaceted character to explore. She embodies a balance between strength and compassion, diplomacy and ferocity, making her a nuanced and complex protagonist to portray. This complexity allows for deep character development and engaging roleplaying experiences.

2. Connection to Nature and the Spiritual Realm: Inkeri's strong connection to nature and the spiritual realm adds a mystical and awe-inspiring aspect to the roleplaying experience. Exploring her spiritual practices, communing with spirits, and delving into the supernatural aspects of the pack as a whole I think would provide a unique and immersive experience.

3. Morally Driven Pack: The Children of Gaia tribe is known for its commitment to peace, harmony, and healing. Playing as Inkeri allows you to navigate complex moral dilemmas and explore the themes of empathy, forgiveness, and redemption. I can engage in thought-provoking roleplaying scenarios where my character must weigh the costs and benefits of different actions and strive to find peaceful resolutions.

4. Environmental Activism Themes: Inkeri's commitment to environmental activism and the protection of Gaia resonates with me, as I personally am passionate about environmental issues in real life. Roleplaying this character allows me to explore and engage with these themes in a fictional context, raising awareness and highlighting the importance of ecological preservation within the game world.

Overall, roleplaying as Inkeri offers the chance to delve into a compelling character, navigate complex moral and leadership challenges, explore supernatural and spiritual elements, and contribute to collaborative storytelling.

Alpha’s Name: Inkeri Vidrblod (Inkeri means "beautiful goddess", Vidrblod roughly translates to "forest/tree blood")
Alpha’s Personality:
Inkeri is a commanding presence, radiating a natural aura of strength and confidence. She possesses a deep connection to nature and the spiritual world, embodying the ideals of the Children of Gaia tribe. As an alpha, she embodies the spirit of leadership, compassion, and diplomacy. She is driven by a deep desire to promote harmony and balance in the world, both within the werewolf community and in the wider realm of Gaia.

Inkeri possesses a strong sense of empathy and is highly attuned to the emotions and needs of those around her. She has a knack for resolving conflicts and finding peaceful resolutions, often acting as a mediator and counselor within the pack and the tribe. She firmly believes that violence should be a last resort and strives to find alternative paths to resolution, emphasizing understanding and compromise.

However, Inkeri is not naive. She understands the realities of the world and recognizes that sometimes force is necessary to protect her pack and defend Gaia. In those moments, she becomes a fierce warrior, channeling her rage and primal instincts to become a formidable opponent. Yet, even in battle, she remains mindful of her actions and strives to minimize unnecessary bloodshed.

Inkeri is deeply connected to her pack and treats her fellow werewolves as family. She encourages unity, cooperation, and trust within the pack, fostering a sense of camaraderie and loyalty. She leads by example, demonstrating unwavering dedication to the cause and inspiring her packmates to do the same.

Inkeri also has a profound respect for the spiritual traditions and rituals of her tribe. She regularly engages in spiritual practices, seeking guidance from the spirits and drawing upon their wisdom to make informed decisions. Her connection to the spiritual realm fuels her insight and intuition, allowing her to navigate complex situations with clarity.

Overall, Inkeri embodies the essence of the Children of Gaia tribe, blending strength, empathy, and a fierce dedication to preserving the delicate balance of Gaia. She is a wise and compassionate leader, capable of both guiding her pack and fostering harmony among various factions.

Motivations and Goals:
Inkeri, as the alpha of the Children of Gaia, would have motivations and goals aligned with the core values and principles of her tribe. Here are some potential motivations and goals for her:

1. Preservation of Gaia: Inkeri's primary motivation is the protection and preservation of Gaia, the Earth itself. She understands the interconnectedness of all living things and recognizes the importance of maintaining the delicate balance of nature. Her goal is to safeguard Gaia from the destructive forces threatening it, whether they be human exploitation, supernatural corruption, or environmental degradation.

2. Unity and Harmony: Inkeri strives to foster unity and harmony among werewolf packs, tribes, and other supernatural beings. She believes that collaboration and cooperation are essential for effectively addressing the challenges facing Gaia. Her goal is to bridge the gaps between different factions, forge alliances, and build a united front against common adversaries. She promotes understanding, empathy, and peaceful resolutions in conflicts.

3. Healing and Reconciliation: Inkeri is driven by a deep desire to heal wounds and reconcile conflicts. She recognizes that there is a long history of pain and strife between different groups, both within the werewolf community and beyond. Her goal is to facilitate healing processes, both on an individual and collective level, by promoting forgiveness, empathy, and understanding. She works towards resolving animosities and reconciling differences to create a more harmonious world.

4. Environmental Activism: Inkeri is a staunch advocate for the environment and takes an active role in environmental activism. Her goal is to protect and restore ecosystems, advocate for sustainable practices, and raise awareness about the impact of human activities on the natural world. She leads by example, inspiring her pack and others to be responsible stewards of the Earth.

5. Spiritual Guidance and Connection: Inkeri seeks spiritual guidance and connection with the spiritual realms. Her goal is to deepen her own spiritual understanding and strengthen her connection with the spirits. She utilizes this connection to gain insight, wisdom, and guidance to make informed decisions and lead her pack and tribe on the righteous path.

6. Educating Others: Inkeri is committed to educating others about the importance of preserving Gaia and the balance of nature. She actively engages in teaching and raising awareness among both werewolves and humans about the interconnectedness of all life and the consequences of environmental degradation. Her goal is to inspire others to take action and become advocates for Gaia's well-being.

These motivations and goals drive Inkeri's actions as an alpha, guiding her decision-making, and shaping her interactions with others as she works towards a world where Gaia is protected, harmony is restored, and all creatures can coexist in balance.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:00 pm
Owner Username: spelldancer
Tell us a bit about your RP style: I enjoy both the light hearted and heavier storylines, though I usually want a happy ending. Both “see where it goes” and heavily plotted stories work for me, and my hard limits are really only things outside of PG-13.
Why does this particular Alpha appeal to you?: The tribe’s love of nature and dedication to peaceful resolutions intrigue me. Playing someone who is not afraid of confrontation but will only act in violence as a last resort offers an interesting challenge. I’d like to see if there is interest among the playerbase to delve into the various camps within the tribe.
Alpha’s Name: Enkh
Alpha’s Personality: Passionate about her beliefs and goals, Enkh is not afraid of confrontation and arguments. She is determined and willing to put in the time and effort into changing someone’s outlook or educating them. Stubborn and willful, she does not give up easily. She is more likely to compromise, though those are considered carefully.

She has a deep empathy for the suffering of others and nature and is protective of them as a result. While not a pollyanna, she does see silver linings and upsides in things. Places to start from that can be improved upon. Her desire is to always be moving towards a better life for everyone. She prides herself on being dependable and trustworthy. That her word can be relied on.

Motivations and Goals: She sees her role as someone to guide and teach, both within her tribe, and as a representative of Gaia to those outside of it. Whether it is in finding the joy in a blooming flower or to turn away from the Rage and Wyrm, she will offer assistance.

Enkh is aware of her tribe’s reputation as soft and sometimes a little naive. In her eyes, those views don’t see the strength it takes to stay true to the path of peace in the face of violence no matter the danger. As the Alpha she would make sure the patience and steadiness required would be nurtured in the young and wavering. Support will be provided for those facing opposition in their peaceful endeavors.

Her services as a mediator are available to all. Knowing how difficult many find peaceful resolutions to be, she will not deny her help even to those who are her enemies.

Beyond maintaining peace and balance, she will also work on nature preservation and restoration. Without places where nature is thriving Gaia cannot thrive. Enkh does not oppose more modern constructions as long as they are made with care and balance of the land. If a place is detrimental she will work to either improve the plan or remove it all together.

spelldancer

Swashbuckling Fairy

Faekat Adoption Agency
Crew

Muscular Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:38 am
Congratulations! Your entry is the winner! Please take your prize to the appropriate certing thread and have fun!

ktqueen
Owner Username: ktqueen

Tell us a bit about your RP style: I love good story lines, some plot twists and drama. I do enjoy a good amount of things like bromances, friendships, etc. Witty banter and humor tend to be my go to for a lot of things, but I can RP the serious, wise, and absolutely tired of bs types too. Those are among my favorites, but I do enjoy a good story line and it takes very little to get me interested in things.

Why does this particular Alpha appeal to you?: I love how different this clan is in the fact that they'd rather pick a peaceful option. Dedicated to their beliefs and willing to do what it takes to live what they talk... when they have to. The idea of someone following her beliefs to the edge of the line is probably a story line (in a broader scope than personal events) I haven't quite thought about writing just yet and I'm interested in exploring that kind of personality.
Alpha’s Name: Diadora, loosely means gift. Some translations say gift from god.
Alpha’s Personality: Diadora is considers herself a bit of a shepherd. She wants nothing more than to the guide others in the world in the calmest manner possible. There is an ego hiding behind it, believing that she is the one to usher the world forward, though she struggles with that negative element of herself. Admitting weaknesses and moving forward to fight against them is core to being the best leader she can be.

Motivations and Goals: Currently, Diadora's motivations are twofold. Primarily she wishes to guide as many people (fae, weres, etc) to understand how to work with Gaia and reject the Wyrm. Secondarily, she wants to convince the other tribes that violence should be the very last choice when all other options have failed.

✚ Archived Event Threads

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games