User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Jin slowly opened her eyes and lazily scanned the fields. "It's a rather nice day, isn't it?" she pondered to herself. "The weather's nice, warm, and sunny... I wonder if maybe I should take a trip to the beach..." She got up and stretched, looking around to see if there were any others nearby. "Huh...seems pretty deserted right now." She walked a little ways and noticed some tracks heading off in the distance. "That's the direction of the beach. Pft...did everyone seriously head off without telling me? Why am I not surprised..." She grumbled to herself, slightly annoyed, but also amused. "Seems they were all eager to take advantage of the day as well. Well...I might as well head off too. I doubt I'll catch up to any of them along the way, but I'll meet them there I suppose."

She started off in a light trot, wondering what fun they were having without her. "I'm gonna have to give them a little piece of my mind when I get there, those punks." she chuckled to herself. She stopped abruptly though as a thought crossed her mind. "I wonder if they brought snacks...I bet they didn't. They went off in such a hurry without even telling me, there's no way they remembered to bring something for us all to eat..." She looked around for anything she might be able to take. Her eyes settled on a small orchard not far away. "Yeah...I'll just try and grab some apples from there..." She quickly ran over and started plucking some, before realizing she forgot one tiny detail...

"Oh shoot...how am I supposed to carry all of these?" she said aloud, a tad agitated at herself. Just then she heard hoofsteps approaching. She glanced up to see a friend of hers. She gasped in slight surprise. "I thought everyone had already left!"

Her friend laughed. "Well...most did. I came back because I had forgotten something. You trying to pick apples to take?" they inquired.

"Yeah, but I'm not sure how to get them there, now that I'm here..."

"Take this." they said as they tossed a sack that was laying on their back. "I'll meet you down there in a bit!"

"Ok! Thanks so much!" she replied happily. After saying a quick goodbye, she once again began picking apples, but more quickly this time. "Already wasted too much time..."

Once the bag was full, she tossed it onto her back and headed back off down the trail. The day, while still quite early, was warming quickly. "Man...I can't wait to jump in the surf and soak in the sights and sounds." She smiled to herself as she trotted down the rocky path.

As she got closer and closer, she could begin smelling the salt in the air. She loved that smell; it was one of her favorites. "Not much farther!" After a few more minutes, she was able to begin hearing the commotion of ponies on the beach. "Pft...well...they're having a jolly time without me, aren't they?" She began to gallop at full speed toward the beach, only to trip on a root and face plant. "Oof!" she exclaimed. She had also lost her load of apples when she took the tumble. "You've got to be kidding me..." she let out a slightly defeated sigh. "Maybe I should just go home...it's just not my day."

So many things had not gone right, she wondered what else would end up going wrong. But...the draw of the beach was just too hard to resist, so she pulled herself up off the ground and continued on her way...more carefully this time.

At last, she emerged from the trees and out onto the open beach. Everyone was swimming, frolicking in the waves, kicking coconuts around in various games, and just generally having a good time. Though she was still annoyed and frustrated by her day thus far, the sight of everyone having fun did bring a smile to her face. She walked out a bit farther before shouting, "I brought apples everyone!" At that, numerous ponies trotted over to her and started to grab some, thanking her. One inquired what had happened to her, having noticed some mud caked in her hair. "Well...I was so eager to get down here with everyone, because I was left behind... I tripped on a root and fell." At hearing this, her friend rested their head on her shoulder and apologized. "Hey...it's ok. We're all here now. So let's just have fun!" She laughed happily as she darted off into the crashing waves, ready for whatever else the day might bring.

770 words.