Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hallways and the Grand Staircase
Prefect Meeting Room Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:58 am
Prefect's Meeting Room

User Image

Located on the seventh floor, in the tower opposite the Astronomy tower, sits the Prefect's Meeting Room. It's a cozy spot where the prefects can go to host meetings, plan events, and even just work on the schedules for rounds. On one wall is posted the weekly rounds, upcoming event ideas, and even requests to swap schedules. There's also a note advising new prefects how to access the special prefect baths.

At the door, Prefects will be asked the passphrase for entry. This year, it's "Hard work begets excellent results."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:03 pm
xxxxxxCurrent Prefects 2059-60xxxxxx

xxxHead Boy and Girlxxx
♦ Milan Wellbelove ♦
♦ Artemesia League ♦

xxxGryffindorxxx
♦ Diego Correa-Luney (NPC) ♦ 7th Year ♦
♦ Artemisia League ♦ 7th Year ♦
♦ Torin Byrnes ♦ 6th Year ♦
♦ Skyla Byrnes ♦ 6th Year ♦
♦ Logan Strife ♦ 5th Year ♦
♦ Cassiopeia Whitethorne ♦ 5th Year ♦

xxxHufflepuffxxx
♦ Ronald Quinn-Smith ♦ 7th Year ♦
♦ Dominik Knapp ♦ 7th Year ♦
♦ Nora Dashwood ♦ 6th Year ♦
♦ Jun Nakayama ♦ 6th Year ♦
♦ Mason Olson ♦ 5th Year ♦
♦ Addien Gaynor (NPC) ♦ 5th Year ♦

xxxRavenclawxxx
♦ Cassidy Nakano-Roussel ♦ 7th Year ♦
♦ Caesarea Aisawan (NPC) ♦ 7th Year ♦
♦ Valerius Aurelius ♦ 6th Year ♦
♦ Stella Lyn Geniven (NPC) ♦ 6th Year ♦
♦ Willem Tittensor ♦ 5th Year ♦
♦ Robin Winchester ♦ 5th Year ♦

xxxSlytherinxxx
♦ Benjamin Lewis ♦ 7th Year ♦
♦ Daphne Greensborough ♦ 7th Year ♦
♦ Wallace Saylor ♦ 6th Year ♦
♦ Kathy Thomas ♦ 6th Year ♦
♦ Parker Seiji Kasumi (NPC) ♦ 5th Year ♦
♦ Annalise Watson ♦ 5th Year ♦

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:50 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Prefect's Meeting Room
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Lots of Thoughts
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Brainstorming Ideas
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? A carnival would be fun...

Milan had gone up to the Prefect meeting room that morning, wanting to plan an event to try and make his mark on the school. Of course, he'd bring it up to the other prefects and god forbid Aria after he'd come up with some sort of a plan. The whiteboard in the room had lots of ideas in his messy hand, each in a different color. His current favorite was a school carnival, with all of the clubs contributing to fun ideas. Part of him wanted to do a school-wide fashion show, but he was 1000% certain Aria would rip that idea to shreds.

Tapping the blue marker on the board, he started writing out some ideas. The school carnival was really probably the best idea. Plus, if they opened up the school to the whole magical community for the event, they could make some real money. But what about the kids who probably wouldn't be able to afford to play? Perhaps he'd make sure all the students started with a set amount, then could win more through the day?

"Hmmm.. hm hm hm..."

{{Wearing :: "Casual" Clothes}}
          mc2

✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮
          Tᴡɪsᴛɪɴ' ᴡᴏʀᴅs, ᴡᴇ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ sᴀʏ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴍᴇᴀɴ
          Bʀᴏᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʟᴀss, ᴛʜɪɴɢs ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ sᴛᴀʏ ᴇᴠᴇʀɢʀᴇᴇɴ
          Iᴛ's ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴀ ʜᴀʀᴅ ᴘɪʟʟ ᴛᴏ sᴡᴀʟʟᴏᴡ ᴀɴᴅ ɴᴏᴡ
          Wᴇ'ʀᴇ ᴄᴏᴍɪɴ' ᴅᴏᴡɴ, ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ᴄᴏᴍɪɴ' ᴅᴏᴡɴ
          Wɪsʜ I ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ɢᴏ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛᴏ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴡᴇ ᴡᴏʀᴇ ʜᴀᴘᴘʏ ғᴀᴄᴇs
          Bᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴍɪʟᴇs ᴀʟʟ ғᴀᴅᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴡᴇ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴇʀᴀsᴇ ᴛʜɪs
          Is ɪᴛ ᴛᴏᴏ ʟᴀᴛᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ sᴛᴀʏ? Is ɪᴛ ᴀʟʟ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴀ sᴛᴀᴛᴇ ᴏғ ᴍɪɴᴅ?
          ✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 3:03 am
User Image
♡ Aria ♡ Artemisia Rosalie League ♡
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxx(Gryffindor 7th Year Hogwarts Student)(Prefect and Head Girl)(Half Blood Witch and Daughter of Cathy League, Puddlemere United Captain)(Language Club Leader and Music Club Member)(Gryffindor Quidditch Captain)
Time: 2059-2060
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Aria loved the Prefects' Meeting Room. It gave her a sense of how much better she was for her achievements and it kept creeps like that Hufflepuff from hitting on her. Thanks Mom and your swimsuit centerfolds.

Pausing at the door Aria declared, "Hard work begets excellent results." Aria had planned to do some light Charms reading as she walked into the room and was almost surprised to see Milan. He was head boy. Ron would have been a better choice.

She paused, crossing her arms as she studied the board. A carnival. This might actually be a worthy project to get her name on so long as she worked to make it not a disaster which Milan might do. Is he really off potions after all? She tilted her head as she considered the idea and then made a small cough, "Good day, Milan." She approached his side, "And, what is this you are plotting? You'll need me to make things work well, I'm sure. People look up more to me after all." She flicked her hair and smiled with a shrug, "No offense of course."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                                Not your mother, indeed
                                                Looking for bigger, better things, are you?
                                                Well, I'm sure you'll find them in

Gryffindor!
                                                {OoC: }
                                                Cinnabun Gryffie

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:30 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Aria League
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Surely she's got ideas

Up on the board, Milan had decided to lean into the carnival idea. He wrote a few additional ideas under the carnival, such as an art sale, bake sale, maybe a magical petting zoo sort of situation. It would certainly be fun to get all of the clubs involved, even though it would be a bit more of a logistical nightmare. Perhaps he could send letters over to all the club hosts, or he could visit their clubs for a few minutes to speak with the captains. Most likely, he'd have to rope in the professors overseeing the clubs as well...

Milan was too focused on his thoughts to hear the door open, and continued listing ideas on the board. It wasn't until someone spoke behind him that Milan turned sharply, eyes wide from being startled. "Oh jeez, I didn't even hear the door. Hey Aria. How're you this afternoon?" The Gryffindor walked over to stand beside him, asking what he was plotting, then saying he'd need her assistance to pull this off. Apparently people looked up to her more than him. "They probably do, sure. But I definitely don't need anyone's help. I would like your help, however."

He nodded once, turning back to the board. "So my thoughts are to host a carnival so we can raise funds for all the clubs. If we can get them all on board, it could turn out to be a super fun event. Plus, I know lots of people who would want to pitch in." He tapped the blue marker to the board once more, then started writing out the clubs. Maybe Aria could help him come up with some ideas for the clubs. "I was thinking we could invite the whole magical community, that way we can let parents, friends, and anyone else see all the hard work everyone's been putting in for their clubs. And, y'know, that way we can make sure to get some more money to help those clubs and activities. And with a bigger coffer of funds, more kids can add more clubs to continue diversifying the school."

Blue eyes glanced over at the girl, wondering what was going through her head. He wasn't stupid, he knew Aria didn't like him, but he would like her assistance on this event. It was a ton of hard work, and he knew she was smart and probably full of ideas. "What do you think, Aria?" Hopefully he could eventually prove himself to her (and everyone else that was mad he'd gotten chosen for Head Boy), but he already knew it would be a nightmare. He didn't honestly think it was possible to get in her good graces.... unless you were Ron, of course.

mc2

✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮
          ✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:15 am
User Image
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxx(Gryffindor 7th Year Hogwarts Student)(Prefect and Head Girl)(Half Blood Witch and Daughter of Cathy League, Puddlemere United Captain)(Language Club Leader and Music Club Member)(Gryffindor Quidditch Captain)

Aria raised a brow at Milan’s assessment of his need for help. Rolling her eyes she said, “From what I’ve heard you have needed plenty of help. Considering the shape you were in last year… well, you don’t appear to have that problem anymore. You will have to consider my doubts. On a lighter note, of course I will help. Helping others is what I do.” She smiled and twirled a red strand of hair on her finger as she looked to the board and listened to Milan continue about his grand plans. She was completely unbothered by her blunt accusations and assessments. Everyone talked about it behind Milan's back Milan might as well know. Milan was a lot of things but stupid he was not. He had to know what was being said and he should understand Aria's doubts. It did not grow just from her annoyance that Ron didn't get head boy like he wanted and likely deserved. Perhaps there was something special in Milan, Aria could not see. She doubted it but she was willing to watch and see. The Carnival sounded fun and quite honestly was a great way to leave a lasting legacy at Hogwarts.

She studied the board and her attention turned back to Milan as he asked her thoughts. “Where’s the quidditch teams? They are a drain on funds too and Merlin knows given the right direction they can be quite passionate.”

Tapping a finger on her chin and with a tilt of her head she said, “Instead of us making the ideas for the clubs and the quidditch team I think it would be best to let them come up with their own ideas and we approve of them. It is more authentic that way. I know for the Gryffindor quidditch team we could teach children basic flying techniques… I could ask my mum to come and sign autographs and help teach though she was technically a Puff. Language club we could do a It’s a small world thing… no, too creepy. Perhaps translation services or short monologues in foreign languages while providing English translation… sorry, that is still a work in progress.”

Aria turned her gaze to Milan crossing her arms, “What about you? You lead the Ravenclaw quidditch team and are the lead editor for the newspaper. If we want to do this right, we should lead with the clubs we lead.”

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                                Not your mother, indeed

Gryffindor!
                                                Cinnabun Gryffie

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:57 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? She sure does have ideas

As Aria spoke, pointing out his apparent need for help, then noting his miserable state last term, Milan hung his head in a bit of shame. She did acknowledge that he didn't seem to have his problem, even though she remained doubtful. He didn't really mind her suspicion, because if he had watched himself last year, he'd be doubtful too. "I understand. I was... in a bad state last year. But, if it helps settle your doubt, I've been clean since my... fall from grace. It was hard work, but I pulled myself back up." He looked at her, dark blue eyes seeming a mile deep. "That said, I really would value your help on this project. I know you want to leave your mark on the school."

While he had written the club names, Aria was studying his notes on the board. She immediately asked about the teams, so he nodded, writing the teams down as well. "Hey, that's a good idea. Maybe they can allocate some funds to new brooms for the kids without them? Or just some general equipment, since the school maintains the grounds beautifully." He nodded a few times, looking over to see what to do. Aria said that it shouldn't be them coming up with ideas, but the hosts of each of the clubs. She then launched into an idea of getting her mom to come sign up some autographs, then how the language club might do a translation or something. "Yea, I was definitely going to work with the club leaders more, I'm just... trying to do some overall brainstorming, sorry. As for your mum, I think you're onto something there. We can probably work with her to get a few of the pro players from various teams over? I'm sure lots of them do charity work, and wouldn't mind helping raise funds for the school."

Despite not particularly liking Aria's normally abrasive nature, she was coming in with quite a few ideas on this project. "I am.. Hm. For the news, maybe something like a fun photo booth? With silly hats, glasses, boas, and whatnot? We could print them out so people could get keepsakes? And for quidditch... I'm not sure yet. Perhaps some sort of carnival game? Like a ball toss or something? I'll think more on it. Maybe all the teams could do a scrimmage, though hopefully without sending a dozen people to the hospital like last year. I'm still miffed I missed the game." He chuckled softly, writing his idea there beside the Daily Dragon in the list. "What if we did a teachers v students scrimmage? Or mix in some pro players for fun. Though probably not as beaters, unless we want to send everyone to the hospital wing." He laughed at that, glad he was finally feeling comfortable enough to laugh and feel more emotions than just... sad.

mc2

✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮
          ✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:53 am
User Image

"Fall from grace?" Aria repeated with a small chuckle, "That is a way to put it. I suppose you are a writer of sorts among other things. If you have truly made it out of the rut you were in, I am happy for you. Maybe even proud. It couldn't have been easy." She glanced away considering what may have drove Milan to his recklessness in the first place. She had never bothered to get to know Milan. She always held herself aloof of others besides Ron and Brianne. Aria had not bothered with friends and only had acquaintances. Perhaps that was a fault of hers. At least her mother had friends.

Aria looked back to Milan's dark blue eyes and she blinked her brown eyes like a deer in the headlights as she waited for his next words. She smiled when he assessed her interest. "Am I that transparent? I plan to leave my mark, this is just a simple way already half started that I can help lead."

"I like general equipment being funded along with the quidditch pitch and starter brooms for classes and uses for those who cannot afford brooms," Aria agreed with Milan. The school brooms were notoriously terrible. She had planned to donate her personal broom to the school after she graduated and allow the professors to decide how to share an obviously superior broom among the students. Aria tilted her head when Milan mentioned her mum. "It should be easy enough for my mum to at least get three pros if not more to help out quidditch related events. If they don't want to without prodding Mum can always bribe them. Money does talk." She ended with an angelic smile without a care about casually throwing out the word bribe.

"I like a photo booth. Who doesn't like their picture being taken?" She asked tossing her ginger hair over her shoulder. "I think a full quidditch game would take away from the rest of the carnival. Unless we play one game at the end of the carnival. Teachers v students might be fun. I think mixing in pro players might be a bad idea... have you ever seen a professional game? They are brutal. Even my mom is brutal and she plays wearing a manicure, styled hair, and she probably would wear heels if she was allowed."

Aria grinned and held out a hand to Milan, "So, partners? I think we can do it if we put our mind to it."

Not your mother, indeed

Gryffindor!
                                                Cinnabun Gryffie

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 1:29 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? She and I are more alike than I thought

When Aria repeated his words, then commented on his being a writer. She also mentioned that if he indeed was better, she was not only happy for him, but perhaps a bit proud. "Thank you. It took a lot of hard work, but I am glad to be back on my own two feet. Losing my best friend really took me over the edge, and I didn't handle it well. But, after having to have my leg, jaw, and three ribs reconstructed, I realized that I needed to fix myself." He nodded a bit, still feeling a bit odd talking about his accident, as well as the fall. So, so many people had witnessed it, and everyone else knew about it, probably within minutes, but few people cared enough to learn what had caused the issue.

When Milan mentioned wanting to leave their mark on the school, Aria asked if she was really that transparent. Apparently she was just looking for a project to attach to. "Not transparent, but you and I are more alike than you might expect. After all, I was here trying to put my name on the school as well." He sent a small grin over toward Aria, then wrote his ideas for quidditch teams' money. "I figured you might like that. After all, you're one of the best Chasers here." Plus, the newest broom in the school fund was probably a century old.

While discussing ideas for the teams, Aria said her mum should be able to convince a few others to join... either by willingness or bribery. "I... don't think it would need to come down to bribes. Besides, we want the money going to the school, not uber-wealthy quidditch players." He laughed at that, then adjusted his glasses a bit. After his idea at the photo booth, Aria said it was a good idea, for who didn't like their picture being taken. She even tossed her red curls, accenting her point. "Well, than you'll like the quidditch spread for this year. As a graduating student, you'll have a picture and article about you." He nodded, perpetually thinking about the articles he needed to write. Perhaps he'd do a group picture with all the seniors? It would be fun.

Aria offered a hand over, asking if he wanted to be partners. With a grin, Milan shook her hand as well. "Partners for sure." He turned back to the board, scribbling down some of their ideas. "Wait. Idea. For the teams, we could set up a flying obstacle course. Then everyone can try to compete - all with the same broom, of course, and the fastest time of the day could win an extra prize? We could probably ask Professor Liu to do the timing and watch for injuries and such. She's just crazy enough to do it." He grinned over, eyes sparkling with his excitement. "With some basic charms work, we can make it happen pretty easily. And it would be a fun way to show off everyone's flying skills." He grabbed one of the markers, using the empty space on the board to start drawing up a diagram. There could be hoops to fly through, tricks to perform, and perhaps a bracket for a tournament, perhaps?

mc2

✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮
          ✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2023 4:31 am
User Image

Aria held up a hand as Milan explained his fall from grace. "Honestly, I don't care about the why or how just results..." she paused with a sigh at how callous she sounded. Shaking her head slowly she said, "I suppose that is not entirely true. It sounds horrible. I don't have many friends or people I call particularly close and if I lost Ron... I am prone to dramatics to say the least. I understand not handling things well but in the end you just need to put that sort of thing behind you. It sounds like you did which is at the very least excellent for me since it sounds like we will be working quite closely."

She frowned for a moment until the conversation changed pace and as she was quick to distract from negative subjects as she was taught by not only her mother but her uncle David. She chuckled at Milan's assessment of their similarities, "No, I trust we do have our similarities. We're both talented in our own right, people look up to us - though no offense, I'm a bit surprised you still have a following, we are both ambitious, and I do believe we both have a bit of drama in our blood. We might have made good snakes but I am not about to question the hat. I'm just glad I didn't get my mum's house. I needed to forge my own path." Aria smiled at Milan, though the smile faltered for a moment when he pointed out she was one of the best chasers at Hogwarts. It was true but she was helped by a professional quidditch player to fly since before she could fully walk. She chose not to comment on her quidditch skills at the moment. Would that be what she was remembered for? The horror! She was not that. She was not her mother.

"The bribes if necessary would come from my family's accounts and my mother's clout. She would consider it a donation. Anything to keep me involved in something safe like quidditch," Aria said with a hollow laugh. Aria froze as Milan stated he planned for a quidditch spread and a graduating student and a picture and a article. "No," she stated firmly. "Write what you want but I refuse to pose for a quidditch themed photo shoot. I am not my mother. I am not a chaser on the broom. Quidditch is a hobby and nothing more."

She ducked her head and said, "Sorry... I just feel strongly about this. Like I said you can write what you want, I am not going to stop you or criticize you or your writers but I just... I don't need to encourage certain attention. Surely you heard what happened a couple years back where Ron and Brianna got attacked because they were trying to defend me. Mum tried to expel the student and honestly I think she was right. Unfortunately the Headmaster is a bit more forgiving."

She looked up and quickly pushed her ginger hair out of her eyes and smiling at his agreement for partners. She quickly jumped on the idea of the obstacle course. "Oh! I absolutely love that idea. We should only use school brooms and let anyone with an age limit to try the course with the school broom. They'll see how awful they are and they'll be even quicker to donate to a fund to replacing the school brooms. And you are so right about Professor Liu, bless her!" Aria picked up a marker and began to add her own notes in another color to the diagram, drawing zigzags and barrel rolls. "And I think each stop in the course should be optional for everyone so no one over pushes themselves. I could get a few of Mum's courses and compare too."

Not your mother, indeed

Gryffindor!
                                                Cinnabun Gryffie

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:30 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? She and I are more alike than I thought

Blue eyes watched as Aria simply lifted her hand, saying she didn't care about the how or why. After a small sigh, she explained that it wasn't true, noting that she really only had Ron, and if she lost him, she'd be swayed to dramatics. She then congratulated him (sort of) for getting all that behind him, and that it mattered most since they'd be working together. "I understand that. I... really only had one friend outside of my siblings... And well, let's say I too can be prone to dramatics." He sent over a grin, a small chuckle escaping him.

When Milan noted that the two had more similarities, Aria agreed, saying both were talented, though she was still unsure how Milan still had a "following" and he simply shrugged. She continued, commenting on their ambitions and drama. Also that they would've made good snakes. "I definitely don't know about any following. I didn't know I had one previously, and I didn't know I had one now. As for being Snakes... I can say my first several years were spent wishing I'd been sorted there, and now, I really like my home in Ravenclaw." He nodded, understanding her wanting to make her own path from her family.

Back on the subject of Quidditch, Aria tried to explain that any bribes to various quidditch players would come from her family's money (and her mom's fame), stating it would be some sort of effort to keep Aria involved in quidditch. "That's... harsh. Sorry, that's not the word I wanted to use. That's... interesting? She's so willing to force you into a habit that she likes... do you even like Quidditch, or do you just do it to appease your mum? You've got the skill either way." He hoped he didn't offend, especially since she (in her own words) was prone to drama. He mentioned the article he had been planning, but Aria quickly shut it down. She said she was not her mother, that quidditch was certainly not her whole identity. His mind started running a thousand miles a minute, trying to come up with another plan.

Aria continued, apologizing and saying she didn't want the extra attention. Apparently a few years ago, Ron and Brianna got attacked trying to defend her. Her mom tried to get a student expelled? Why had he not heard any of this. "No, I don't remember that, sorry. But, I can definitely shake out the articles, maybe do a thing about each of the teams? Or even the upcoming captains, that way you don't grace the papers. Well, you will, but not on the quidditch pages. This carnival though, you're going to be in an article on that for sure." He grinned over at her, hoping she'd accept a fair compromise. Besides, it certainly sounded like she wanted attention for her other activities, up to and including her work as Head Girl. Arguably, her ambition would make this the best event ever.

Luckily, the conversation moved back to the carnival, specifically following his idea for an obstacle course. She said they could only offer the school brooms, so people would be forced to try to fly on them and would (in theory) donate more to replace them. "Can you imagine some of the pro players trying to use those awful brooms? And perhaps we could get some super fancy brooms and let the students zoom around on them. That way, some of the kids who've only ever gotten to fly on those awful things can experience the fun of zipping around on the nicer ones." He shrugged over at Aria, wondering her thoughts.

Aria said they could set up stops every so often in the course so people could tap out at any point, then said she could get some of her mum's courses to help. "Sure, I bet she'll have some nice ideas. I can get some from the internet, or... I think there's an obstacle course place out in London, perhaps I could visit this winter to see if there'd be any cool ideas we could convert to flying. May as well, right? Get ideas from all sorts of sources, then we can combine them all into an epic challenge. Maybe it starts easy, then each checkpoint gets a little harder, with the end being super challenging." He donned a grin, writing the ideas down on the board.

mc2

✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮
          ✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 4:01 am
User Image

Aria couldn't help but grin back at Milan when he agreed that he was also prone to dramatics. Milan and her were really in many ways not so different. She always assumed her competitive streak would not allow her to like someone like her but she never bothered to get to know someone like her, either. In fact, Aria could say she in many ways liked Milan. He had introspective abilities, was ambitious, and did have talents. Also it never hurt to be friends with a Wellbelove. She doubted she would tell Ron of this as she suspected he was still sour about the head boy thing - or at least Aria would be if she was him.

"You're a Wellbelove. You are a part of the following," Aria said with a simple shrug as the subject changed.

Aria had not considered her feelings towards quidditch in depth for years. It was her duty and she did it. The Gryffindors relied on her and willing or not she was their best bet at winning. This was especially the case when Mattie Harper had her break down. She stepped down gracefully and stuck by the team until graduation as a pretty good beater so there was that. "I started quidditch second year because she found out I lied about starting the first year... I don't know it just became a thing I did. Then they nominated me as vice captain... I can't say no to a leadership role like that. I was the best choice. It's not like I hate quidditch... I just don't love it. People make too much of a fuss about it. I'm talented at charms and stories too... that should make me a great obliviator too. My grandmother was the head of the office until she died on the job. I want to be like her. And further back her family was not against using obliviate for their own means and were good at it."

She paused and gave a small laugh, "That's probably too much information."

As Milan shifted his plan for his articles, Aria couldn't help but smile, "You're sweet. You really don't need to keep me off the quidditch pages. Mum will be at least happy to see it. She still thinks she can convince me to go pro. She had me meet with a scout or two over the summer. I refused to fly of course but that did not go over well... at this rate I'm going to be stuck living in a studio apartment with rat roommates in Newham. Okay, she won't let that happen but as long as I live at her flat she could ground me."

When Milan painted the picture of pro players trying to use the school brooms, Aria began to laugh, "We could get sponsors! Having Hogwarts buy a lot of brooms from you is a big order. Why don't we get a few companies provide a sample broom for the event? People could vote what broom they like best."

Still smiling, "I'd be happy to go with you to the obstacle course this winter. Like I said I don't hate quidditch and I do enjoy flying. I like the idea for the obstacle course getting harder as we go on."

"I think we have a plan for quidditch, now we need to work on our clubs ideas and reach out feelers for other clubs like Herbology," Aria said.

Not your mother, indeed

Gryffindor!
                                                Cinnabun Gryffie

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:38 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? She is pretty interesting

Milan still wasn't perfectly sure how he felt about Aria League being nice to him. Then again, he hadn't particularly been nice to anyone up until the end of last year. When he confessed that he didn't think he had a following, Aria simply said that because he was a Wellbelove, he was part of the following. He hummed softly at that, then nodded. "I suppose you're right." His voice was soft, though on an even keel. He still really didn't want to admit to the fact that he hadn't quite felt like he'd belonged to the infamous Wellbelove family in at least a couple years. It was fine when they were little, but as they grew up into teenagers and went through puberty, he felt like a weird outsider.

When he had asked Aria about Quidditch, she started in her explanation of why she played. It sounded like her mum was just overbearing and wanted to force her daughter down the same road. She had lied to her mum in first year, then had to join the actual team once her mum found out. She was nominated as the Vice Captain, and simply couldn't deny the leadership opportunity. She then mentioned her other skills, and her ideas for her future career. Honestly, Milan was a bit sad that he was only just now learning these things about her. Here with no pressure, she just seemed like a nice person.

"An Obliviator, huh? That's such an interesting career choice. Not one I think I could do, though. Mostly because I only vaguely know what it is. But, being a muggleborn excuses me at least a smidge, eh? I've always wanted to go into fashion, I must admit, but.... I don't know. I don't really want the runway and the spotlight. I've been considering just... opening a shop with clothes I make... But I'm not sure. I might end up working somewhere else. Who knows. Maybe I don't have the chops for the industry." He huffed a small sigh, then looked back over with his sparkling blue eyes. "Maybe I could make a career in journalism? I'd probably be good there." He shrugged, moving back to their plans.

After she said she didn't want to be a feature in the Daily Dragon, he started working out how to rearrange. That's when she called him sweet. Since when did Aria League think he was sweet?? He felt a bit of heat touch his cheeks, and a small smile touched his lips. She said he didn't need to actually keep her off the pages, and that her mum would be happy if naught else. The woman had even made Aria meet up with a scout, but Aria didn't care to showcase her skill. She said she'd probably end up in a sketchy flat in Newham with rats scurrying about. "You? Nah, never. If Obliviat....ing? Obliviating... Obliviator-ing?" he paused a moment, brows furrowed as he tried to guess the proper wording. "Well, whatever it's called. If that path doesn't work out, you'll find another. Somehow, some way, you'll fight your way to success. Plus, Newham isn't... entirely terrible? I'm probably going to end up in some sort of cramped up flat with only my sisters to keep me company. Or I'll have to stay home. I don't know, honestly. I've always been too nervous of the future to process it fully." He shrugged again, though this one looked like he was in a bit more upset than previous.

Luckily, they switched back to the carnival, and she thought it was hilarious to ask some professional players try to fly about on the ramshackle school brooms. "We could send out a letter to Nimbus and Firebolt, try to get some to borrow until someone buys them? Or maybe that Quidditch Shop in Diagon? We could offer a sort of test-drive situation, and some people could buy the brooms if they love them. And, if rumor is correct, Quinlan Brooms is about to release a brand new speed-racing model. She's fairly new to the broommaking scene, so maybe she would want to promote her wares? I can probably find an address and mail out a letter..." He would probably have to visit the Quidditch shop over the winter holidays, just to see what information they had. If they could get a collaboration, they could probably do a ton of good. "You know what else might be cool? I have a few years worth of allowance saved up... I could buy a nice broom, maybe not the top-top of the line, but good... then we could do something like a raffle drawing to win? It would be a good way to get money, probably more than the total cost..." He added his idea in his messy, all-caps script, then stepped back to look over the board.

When he mentioned the obstacle course in London, Aria said she'd go with him. Ooh, that'd be fun to witness. She also agreed with the course getting harder as they went along. "Awesome, I'll send mum a letter to see if she can schedule a visit to the course. Then we can make it a challenge day. I'd even get us lunch." He nodded, a toothy grin exposed. Aria said they had plans set for Quidditch and they could move onto the other clubs. "Herbology... Ron's in charge there, right? I'll... leave that one to you, since you guys are already friends. Um... I can handle the LARP club, since Galen is a friend. Hang on. Let me write this out..."

User ImageUser Image

"There we go, now we can just fill them in as we go along. Between the two of us, surely we can get everyone within a few days." He nodded, wondering which groups Aria would prefer to take. He had lots of connections to the groups just from the people in the Daily Dragon and his sisters' friends. Plus, several of the club leaders were prefects, so at their next prefect meeting, he was sure they could knock a bunch of the group ideas out. He tapped the marker bottom to his chin, pondering the lists. "I'm sure all the clubs will have lots of ideas, and honestly, I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with. And anything they need help with, well, that's our job." He sent over a grin to the redhead, hoping she was equally excited for this whole shebang to play out.

{{OoC: Written in "Milan's" messy script... because Gryffie has lovely handwriting.... totally... for sure}}
          mc2

✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮
          ✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:05 pm
User Image

Aria had a nagging feeling that what she had said about her talent in charms (which should be no secret), imagination, and future goals had caught Milan off guard. She always presented herself so pretty and happy and shallow she supposed no one considered her as more than what she was. It did not bother her usually as she considered it an advantage to surprise someone that she was more. Aria smiled as Milan considered her career choice and confessed his own. "Being a muggleborn might be an advantage as an obliviator, you can convince muggles who have seen too much of more believable explanations. I think it would be a waste for you to go into that field though. You do make very high quality clothes. Perhaps not avant garde but I think quality people actually wear is more valuable. Quality does talk."

Aria chuckled when he denied her fate in a sketchy flat. He did have a point if she was working for the ministry she would be able to afford renting at least a rat-free flat in a better neighborhood. "You probably should figure out where you want to live after graduation... as for me I wouldn't be surprised if Ron proposed for us to move in together. Some friendly cottage with a greenhouse. As long as he doesn't track dirt in or want me in that greenhouse, I don't care."

She continued to smile as they switched to the carnival. Thinking she tapped a manicured finger on her chin as she considered their options. "I'll take care of sending letters to Nimbus, Firebolt, and even Quinlan Brooms. I might as well use my mum's fame to attract them here just like anything fashion related like costumes I would trust you with." Aria turned when he offered to have a raffle for a broom he had bought. "Why would you spend your own money? I like the idea of a raffle but it makes more sense to get donations. Rich and famous people like to donate money, usually. It makes them feel better about themselves. I could get a hold of some memorabilia that is signed and when I reach out to Nimbus, Firebolt, and Quinlan Brooms I'll ask if any want to contribute to a raffle. And maybe reach out to some of the old families that might want to contribute."

"A day on the course and lunch sounds fun," Aria agreed to the idea before laughing when he said he'd leave Ron to her and watched as he began to write down ideas. She listened as Milan presented his ideas and Aria said, "I'll take Gryffindor and Hufflepuff Quidditch Teams, Herbology, Cooking - I have an idea to share with them and the language club - Language, Music, and anyone else you want to share with me. Except Creatures and Astrology because I'm totes not dealing with everyone's favorite Nora Dashwood."

Not your mother, indeed

Gryffindor!
                                                Cinnabun Gryffie

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:53 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? She is pretty interesting

Milan nodded a bit when Aria noted that being a muggleborn would have advantages in the obliviating field. She continued, noting that useful, if formal, clothes would be a better usage of his time. "I think so too. I know I like making clothes, especially more than working a Ministry job. I'm hoping to maybe open a shop somewhere, though I don't think my sisters would like that plan much. Ever since we were tiny, we wanted to follow our mum's footsteps... but I think being the only boy sort of set me out." He shrugged a bit, glancing over at Aria. Quality does talk, huh? It made sense, anyway.

After telling Aria that there was no way she'd end up in a sketchy flat somewhere, the redhead agreed, even going so far as to say she'd probably end up in a cottage with a greenhouse, courtesy of Ron. "Ron's good people, though. And you can tell he really cares about you... and vice versa. Though, I can't imagine you outside of a big city somewhere." He let out a little chuckle, hoping to keep things light, even as he was learning more about the Gryffindor. "If I end up opening a shop, I can probably make a home in the flat usually on top. Especially if I open in Diagon. I could open in Hogsmeade, but Miss Davisson doesn't need competition. She's got the fashion of Hogwarts covered. And her mum, Chelle Davisson, is one of my mum's biggest competitors in the high fashion field." If anyone had a grip on Hogsmeade, it was Helena Davisson, after all.

Then, they were back on the carnival. Aria said she'd take care of sending letters to the broom manufacturers, citing her mum's fame once more. But after he offered to buy a broom, Aria seemed genuinely confused. Apparently it would make much more sense to get a broom (and other memorabilia) donated. "I dunno, I just... didn't want to use any of the school's already limited funds. I have money, so it's not like I'd be hurting. But I want to make sure we have some sort of chance to get new gear for the school." He offered up a small shrug, trusting that if Aria said she'd get something done, that it would be done quickly and flawlessly.

He sent over a lopsided grin when she agreed to lunch and the obstacle course over winter break. "Awesome, I'll get it set up then." And she laughed after him deferring Ron over to her. She quickly listed tons of classes and such that she could handle (and some she simply could not). "Sure, I can take Nora's clubs. She seems to have quite a following this year, doesn't she? Don't tell me you're jealous of her?" He chuckled quietly, then looked over the club list. "I can take the Dragon of course, and Ravenclaw and Slytherin's teams. Daphne is friends... I think... with my sisters, so I can get her clubs too. So that's Art of the Sword as well as Namaste. Actually, Namaste is Daphne and Annalise, and she's one of Yari's best friends. I can also do Galen's club... Order of the Stick. I've got to deliver an outfit to him anyway. Then I can grab Dueling, and Art? Can you talk to Zack Knapp? You see him more often than I do, and he's got three clubs. Adventurer's Guild, Drama, and Fite club." He was pretty sure they had all the clubs sorted out, and roughly even for now.

mc2

✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮
          ✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮

Hallways and the Grand Staircase

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas