• Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:09 pm
= Theme Configuration
Summer 2023

= Theme Segments
Game Reviews

= Game Segments
What Would You Do Game
Total Panic Game: Pie Slide Game (A Rose is a Rose/Panel of Change)

= Wraparound Reviews
1. Sound Blaster Revisions
2. Mega Man X5 Game Review
3. God of Thunder Game Review
4. Battle Network Collection Review
5. Morrowind Review
6. Burger Time Review
8. Donkey Kong Country Review
9. 3D Lemmings Review
10. Tetris Worlds Review
11. Final Fantasy Review
12. Wonder Boy 3 Review
13. R-Type Review
14. Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine Review

= Segments
What Would You Do: Good Household Keeping
Toxic Crusaders Remake Preview
Music Vote = Real Diamond/Isekai Jewelry
Mail Bag Day = Action Figure/Nicktoon Idols

= Post Game Filler Updates
Mystery 7
Whew Game Pilot
Upcoming IC Features
Upcoming Rules of the Game PSAs: Nickelodeon 1991

Start: 6-26-2023
End: 7-5-2023
User Image

Hello, everyone & welcome to another Guild OOC Game of the Mermaid Princess RP Guild!

It's the Return of the First Participation Games with Reviews, Previews, and more... It's Total Panic!

I will be RPing as the NPC Guest Hosts: Cookie Masterson & Kagome Carter  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:11 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Cookie Masterson
Family Double Dare Revived Host

Kagome Carter
USAF Colonel
"Have you thought this through?"

*Host Post*
Cookie Masterson: ...

Quote:

Quote:

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:48 pm
Cookie Masterson

Kagome Carter
USAF Colonel

[Nickelodeon Studios, Total Panic Set]
(Cheers and applause)

User Image
Narrator: Good Evening, it's Monday, June 26, and in just a few minutes, some audience members will be making Housecleaning Fun & sliding down a Mountain of Whipped Cream as its all coming up on...
NICKELODEON'S TOTAL PANIC!!!
And now, here are your hosts, Cookie Masterson and Guest Host, Kagome Carter!

Cookie Masterson: Hello, everyone!

And welcome to...

Host & Audience: TOTAL PANIC!!!

= Line-Up
What Would You Do Game
Game Reviews
Toxic Crusaders Arcade
Whipped Cream Slide
Filler Updates

Cookie Masterson: For the Summer 2023 Filler, we'll be seeing how to make Housework Fun on What Would You Do along with some Retro Reviews such as God of Thunder, Memory Hog Hunter, Mega Man X5 & even Battle Network, just to name a few!

We'll also be seeing a preview of the Toxic Crusaders Arcade Game!

Cookie Masterson: For our special guest, that person will be showing us something fun such as sliding down a slide covered in Whipped Cream!

(Cheers)

Sounds like a lot of fun! What should we do first?

Cookie Masterson: Well, when unsure, let's ask the audience! So, audience, what's first?

RNG 1-5: 5. Filler News
Audience: FILLER UPDATES!

You've got it! Take it away!

*Segment 1: Filler Updates*
Narrator: You bet... So lets talk about some of the Sound Blaster Revisions there are out there along with some variations. So I play some Duke Nukem 1... *plays the game*

Young Enchantress: You're missing the point as it does not sound right & got your memory wrong.

Narrator: The Enchantress? How did you get into Nick Studios from Disneyworld?

Young Enchantress: Goddess Magic... You got the PC Speaker wrong as here's what its Supposed to sound like during the Real Operation. Like so... The Enchantress casts her spell on the PC and the Level Start sound starts much better than its Emulation Format.

*Point/Counterpoint = Creative Music vs. AdLib*
Narrator: Okay... I see your point as that's unnoticeable. So let's start with the Creative Music System...
Released in 1987 as Creative Lab's First Outing into the Sound Blaster as it was in contrast with the AdLib Synth...
= AdLib Specs
OPL2
9-Channel
Sine Wave
= CMS Specs
Philips SAA1099
12-Channel
Square Wave

Young Enchantress: It's not that simple as it doesn't work that way. The Sine Waves had more option. So, AdLib was winning back then in an uphill climb. Creative Labs went for an All-In-One approach with their next project which was named "Killer Card" & in 1989, 2 years before Adam's Kingdom fell into ruin, and I prefer to remain nameless...
Creative Labs launched their First Sound Blaster Card.
= Sound Blaster 1989 Specs
8-Bit Mono
2 Philips SAA1099
OPL2
So the OPL2 is the same as the Game Blaster while the Philips SAA1099 is the same as the AdLib.
The Enchantress said to the Narrator.

Narrator: So in other words, Creative Labs mowed down AdLib in one swift stroke. And the Sound Blaster 2 would then...-

Young Enchantress: Wrong again as there's a Sound Blaster 1.5 as its the same as the 1.0 Sound Blaster Card where support for the 2 Philips SAA1099 was excluded.
= Sound Blaster 1.5 Specs
8-Bit Mono
OPL2
Can you guess why?
On the Sound Blaster 1, the SAA1099 was socketed in the board, so to save up on financing, they left the SAA1099 out but you can restore SAA1099 by self installation if you wanted to do so.

Narrator: Then the Sound Blaster 2 Card was a Cost Down Magic Card in a way but with more Frequency.

Young Enchantress: Well, if you might want to call it that, yes.
= Sound Blaster 2 Specs
8-Bio Mono 44,100 Hz
OPL2
So at that point, all 3 SAA1099 slots were taken out.

Narrator: That makes sense. With the Sound Blaster Pro 1 in 1991, it was meant to succeed the Sound Blaster 2.
= Sound Blaster Pro 1 Specs
8-Bit Mono
8-Bit Stereo
OPL2
18 Channel Stereo

Young Enchantress: You're forgetting a bottleneck in the Setup Program with the Left-Right Sound Test was inverted as it made things more confusing as this was fixed with the Sound Blaster Pro 2 a year later.
= Sound Blaster Pro 2 Specs
8-Bit Mono
8-Bit Stereo
OPL3
18 Channel Stereo
The Difference is that it had the OPL3 rather than Dual OPL2 where it was producing Stereo Sound and none of the games had Dual OPL2 Support say for High Octane & Utlima Underworld 2 as more and more companies switched to CD Track Audio where some games had a mixture of Digitized and Track Sound.

Narrator: Next came the Sound Blaster 16 in 1992 which caused AdLib's entire kingdom to fall into great misfortune and ruin, so to speak as AdLib tried to compete with Creative Labs but the constant revisions of Sound Blaster Cards made it difficult to keep up.
When AdLib released their Gold 1,000 of the same year, the damage was already done and it was too late for AdLib.
= Sound Blaster 16 Specs
16-Bit Stereo
OPL3
General MIDI & WaveBlaster
= AdLib Gold 1,000 Specs
12-Bit Stereo
OPL3
18-Channel Stereo

Young Enchantress: You should know that the "16" in Sound Blaster 16 is able to play 16-Bit Samples with CD Audio Support and WaveBlaster Support.

Narrator: After Sound Blaster 16, its at this point things got complicated to say the least. The Sound Blaster AWE32 came out in 1994...
= Sound Blaster AWE32 Specs
16-Bit Stereo
Creative WaveTable
OPL3
General MIDI WaveBlaster
While the Sound Blaster AWE64 came out in 1996 that-...

Young Enchantress: Once again, you missed something. Namely the Sound Blaster 32 which is a scaled down version of the AWE32 that's similar but less features.
= Sound Blaster 32 Specs
16-Bit Stereo
Creative WaveTable
OPL3
For those unaware of WaveTable Support, it's like this...
Its works through the i/o channels as it functions through the General MIDI Standard.

Narrator: Now, what was I saying...
...The AWE64 wasn't that different in a way either in 1996
= Sound Blaster AWE64 Specs
16-Bit Stereo
Creative WaveTable
OPL3 Emulation
General MIDI WaveBlaster
Since around the time where DOS Computers died out and companies turned their attention to Windows Computers which is why little to no DOS Games have AWE64 Support. Sound Cards became Internal through PCi Serial Bus in contrast to ISO Bus...

Young Enchantress: You see, Creative Labs needed to branch out at that point by purchasing NSonic and starting resorting into PCi Boards.

Narrator: And when Sound Cards went PCi, DOS Computer Sound Cards went Obsolete & DOS Games were dead at this point where Sound Cards were built into motherboards.
After that, most Sound Card Companies either faded for memory or moved on to other things. Creative Labs STILL use Audio Cards but branched out into other Gaming Material as well and the rest is history, right?

Young Enchantress: Something like that. While I give the Narrator some schooling.
We'll return with more Total Panic after this.
*To Narrator* Even when you were in school, you shown promise & getting past that, got a perfect score in Persona 3's Exams! If you would have just Studied Hard, you would pass & know that some things come "From Within", you would succeed!

*Spoken during the Commercial Break Start*
Narrator: I know, Study Hard...
But that's ALWAYS the Hardest Part as nowadays I prefer to swing a sword or cast spells in a Wonderlands D&D tabletop game than study.

Young Enchantress: *scoffs at the Narrator* Some things never change.

Narrator: Yeah, yeah. Whatever you say.

(Cheers, Commercial)

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:41 am

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:58 am
Cookie Masterson

Kagome Carter
USAF Colonel

User Image
Thalorien
Peace Keepers Adventurer (Archer)

(Cheers and applause, Return from Commercial)

User Image
Narrator: Log In and Power Up as its time for more TOTAL PANIC!!! And now, here are 2 people who can shut down passage towers, Cookie Masterson & Kagome Carter!

Cookie Masterson: Hello, everyone! Welcome back!

Speaking of Log Ins and Power Ups, we have some Digital Motif Games that will send you soaring! Let's take a look!

*Review: Mega Man X5*
Cookie Masterson: In Mega Man X5 for PC & PlayStation, the Earth needs you more than ever as the planet is facing big problems where a Space Colony & its computers has been taken over by Dangerous Malicious Malware where its now on a collision course with the Earth! Its up to you to destroy that Space Colony before all life on the planet is wiped out with either a Cannon or Space Shuttle as a Battering Ram.
Collect the Parts for the Cannon & Shuttle & save the planet as you defeat Robot Masters while copying their powers.
*Gameplay* The Cannon's Success rate is at 32%, so there's a lot to accomplish to save the world from being extinct like the Dinosaurs that once roamed the earth. First up is Grizzly Slash.
*Grizzly Slash Gameplay* That Bear has a Crystal Ball that I need to get but first, I have to chase down these Supply Trucks & these drones are not going to stop me! I'll shoot down every drone & cut them down if I have to!
Mega Man X5's one Epic Adventure to Save the World from a Digital Cataclysmic Event.

Rating 2: Totally Cool

*Review: God of Thunder*
Cookie Masterson: Impulse has brought the Mighty Hammer with God of Thunder, a Legend of Zelda style game with Lolo Elements where you play as the Mighty Thor on a quest to save Migard, the World of Mortal Man where Loki, Thor's Brother, has taken command behind Odin's back!
Its up to you take up Thor's Mighty Hammer and crush Mountains along with enemies but watch out for rotten apples as they drain your health!
*Gameplay* Gemstones can be used as Currency while Potions restore magic as Golden Apples restore Health.
Oh no, spiders! Those monsters are really nasty as they can take you down in a single hit. So you may want to use your head instead of charging in.

Rating 3: TOTAL PANIC!!!

*Review: Mega Man Battle Network Collection*

Cookie Masterson: Log In and Power Up with the Mega Man Battle Network Collection where Life is like living inside a video game!
Play as Lan Hikari and his Digital Construct BF, Mega Man, in a world where the entire world is linked to the Internet as the Internet is connected to everything in life itself, but due to Crime Syndicates and Malfunctions in the Net, Viruses & Malware are out to infect the planet's Network from exploding ovens, Traffic Lights gone out of control & more. Its up to Mega Man & Lan to shut the Malware & Viruses down by means of Virus Busting!
*Gameplay* One Button lets you get Hints on what you need to do while the other Logs you into the Internet where you'll encounter Data Chest & random encounters with Viruses or Malware!
Oh not, here comes one now. *Mettaur heard appears and Battle Start* You can select attacks that are the same attack type or coding type. Later, you'll be able to use Coding with a Star Icon which are Wild Card Codes.
2 Cannon Attacks can shut down these Viruses with no problem. Yes! I've got it! Make sure your Health doesn't run out otherwise, you're history.
There's puzzles to be solved in BOTH the Digital World & Real World in Battle Network.

Rating 2: Totally Cool

*Review: Memory Hog Hunter*
There's plenty of Pac-Man Style of Games and Intel made their own version called Memory Hog Hunter where you collect Computer Chips while avoiding pigs that will knock you down. However, getting the Power Computer Chips will allow you to catch the pigs and with extra lives at evers 20K Points, so score as many points as you can and when you catch a hog, you'll capture its anthropomorphic software it represents.
But watch out, as the pigs won't stay valuable in the later boards when you get a Power Computer Chip.
*Gameplay* That was a close one. Now those pigs are going to get it when I catch them & then my score will soar by 200, 400, 800 & even 1,600 Points!

Rating 1: Totally Calm

The Narrator brings out the TMNT's Portable Portal and puts in an Orange Tape into the VCR to play What Would You Do

Cookie Masterson: Those sound like fun, so now its time for What Would You Do and our messy game as I got two people here. And what's your names?
Cookie said to the Amara and Thalorien

I'm Thalorien & this is my Mermaid Swordfish love, Amara. Thalorien said into the mic.

Queentintin

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:54 pm
User Image

Amara
Mermaid (Michelle, Hotaru & Trista's Sister)

Hello everyone and my sweet bf Thalorien biggrin
thinks and says Amara

CrystBalfast

Queentintin

Vice Captain

Fashionable Delight

33,100 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 6:11 pm
Cookie Masterson

Kagome Carter
USAF Colonel

User Image
Thalorien

*Segment 2: Whipped Cream Slide Game*
Cookie Masterson: Nice to meet you both. We call this one Hat Trick. We have 4 of Blumiere's Silk Hats and the Enchantress's Wand which she has me using for this game even though the Narrator's the announcer of the show and...

Young Enchantress: Not anymore after he flunked his Sound Card History Lesson. We don't have all day here as its only a Half Hour to 3 Hour Show.
Now then, I will hide my wand in one of these Phantom Thief's silk hats and shuffle them then you need to guess where my wand is. Get it right and you win a prize. However, guess wrong, and its down a Whipped Cream Slide for you.

Narrator: That's the Host's line, mistress!

We see the Narrator sitting on a table wearing a dry erase board that says "LIAR" in the same style as The Office NBC and benched as a result.
User Image
Young Enchantress: Its not his Announcer Role for this Total Panic Taping & that will teach him for missing some DOS Sound history. Even though we hugged it out but as it turns out, I'm still a little angry about this Sound Card oversight.

Cookie said to the Amara and Thalorien
Sounds pretty simple, doesn't it, Amara. Thalorien said to his tomboy beloved.

Cookie Masterson: Okay. Watch the Wand... Cookie shows the Wand and shuffles the hats Cookie Masterson: Which Hat has the wand?

OOC: Reminds me of a joke from The Office NBC where Dwight Schrute betrays Michael Scott in an attempt to run Dunder Mifflin behind his back.
RNG 1-4 for this Hat Trick Game. Sounds like a Party Minigame from Tant-R which is Party Arcade Game that has Mario Party like Minigames.

Queentintin

Quote:

Queentintin generated a random number between 1 and 4 ... 3!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 6:18 pm

Amara

Ok let's find the wand , in 1 of those silk hats =)
thinks Amara playfully

CrystBalfast

Quote:

OOC: yes it does sound pretty fun xd  

Queentintin

Vice Captain

Fashionable Delight

33,100 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:07 am
Cookie Masterson

Kagome Carter
USAF Colonel

User Image
Thalorien

*Segment 2: Whipped Cream Slide Game*
RNG 1-2. 1 = Yes
Cookie Masterson: Is the Wand in Hat 3? Cookie lifts the hat and the wand is there Cookie Masterson: You got it, Amara! Here's the First Prize!

Young Enchantress: For Amara's First Win, we have...
McDonalds Morning Milk Mug = Wake up to a nice cup of Milk, Iced Tea, Orange Juice, Vitamin Water and more, $32!

Queentintin

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:35 am
User Image
Amara

Wow look Thalorien I won , fantastic, lovely Mug ty so much=)
thinks Amara

CrystBalfast

Queentintin

Vice Captain

Fashionable Delight

33,100 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:44 am
Cookie Masterson

Kagome Carter
USAF Colonel

User Image
Thalorien

*Segment 2: Whipped Cream Slide Game = Hat Trick*
RNG 1-2. 1 = Yes
Cookie Masterson: It's your boyfriend's turn next, Amara? I hope he's ready. Cookie puts the wand back in the hat and shuffles them
Cookie Masterson: Which hat is the wand hidden? Oh and Fun Fact, this game in Tant-R is called "A Rose is a Rose", except you need to keep an eye on the flower.

Thalorien's guess RNG 1-4. 4
2nd Hat on the Right.

RNG Result 1-2. 2 = No

Cookie Masterson: Is it in the 4th Hat?
*Buzzer* No! Hat 2 had the wand!
So its down the Whipped Cream slide for your boyfriend, Amara!

Queentintin

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:46 am
User Image
Amara

Oh no, say it is not so! gogo Thalorien, I'll help you wipe it off lol
thinks Amara

CrystBalfast

Queentintin

Vice Captain

Fashionable Delight

33,100 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:48 am
Cookie Masterson

Kagome Carter
USAF Colonel

User Image
Thalorien

Cookie Masterson: While Thalorien gets ready to slide down the Whipped Cream slide, tell us about yourself, Amara.

Queentintin

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:54 am
Amara
Sure, well I do have 3 sisters, Bonnie being the youngest, then there's Trista and Hotaru =) kind of keep an eye out for them, and Ilove playing sports, to laugh, and Thalorien he's awesome =) he granted me human legs, and here I am, no more a mermaid, a human like all of you wink
thinks Amara and says

CrystBalfast

Queentintin

Vice Captain

Fashionable Delight

33,100 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 6:08 am
Cookie Masterson

Kagome Carter
USAF Colonel

User Image
Thalorien

Cookie Masterson: Sounds cute. Anyway, on 3!
1... 2... 3...!

*Thalorien slides down the Whipped Cream Slide and into the the slime*

Cookie Masterson: When we come back, we'll have another Whipped Cream Slide Game as we have a Total Panic Towel for Thalorien here.
We'll also give Total Control to our viewers on which song to hear in the Video Vote along with more reviews and Filler Updates!
But before, let's roll the tape for What Would You Do!

(Cheers and Applause)
*Cut to What Would You Do*

Queentintin

Quote:

OOC PSAs, Games and Specials

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items