Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:06 pm
Hello, everyone.

Here is a PSA about the characters explaining about one of the Memory Games turned TV Games that we're all familiar with.

This is for those who are unfamiliar with the TV Show from 1987 to 1991, Classic Concentration is the game where behind 25 Number Tiles contain puzzles to solve & a shot at one of 8 Grand Prizes!
User Image

Like Jeopardy & Super Jeopardy, this OOC PSA is also Dedicated to the Memory of Alex Trebek
Forever in our Hearts. Always our Inspiration

This section is also outside the main IC for the guild.

PSA OOC Time: 7-13-2023

PSA Segments:
Classic Concentration Memory

In Progress Visits:

Completed Visits:
NA

Player's Room:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Background Theme: My Room

NOTE: Some of the characters may visit the viewers.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:35 pm
User Image
Triton
Noble of Atlantica (Ursula & Morgana's Brother)
"Have devotion and kindness, for both Land & Sea's sake."

[Player's Room]
The PSA starts with young Triton and his sisters, Ursula and Morgana
Why hello. I'm Noble Triton from the Mermaid Princess RP Guild and these are my sisters, Ursula and Morgana from the same RP.

You see, the problem with today's memory is that sometimes people forget things that are important when a mind wanders around, so to speak. So we need a game that's not only fun and exciting but also very perceptive to study. I'm talking about Classic Concentration, a TV Game from 1987 to 1991 which is not only one of the last NBC Daytime TV Games, but is also hosted by the Late Alex Trebek.

*Classic Concentration: Introduction*
User Image
Classic Concentration arrived in May 1987 after a 1985 Pilot attempt while returning the game of Concentration back to its roots during the late 1950s where 2 players attempt to make matches and solve a puzzle it contains to win prizes & go for the Grand Prize which was a Car during 1987-1991. The Residing Host was Alex Trebek while the Hostess was Marge Goodson, daughter of Mark Goodson; Game Show Founding Father during the 1950s to 1990s.

*Classic Concentration: Gameplay*
Classic Concentration is played with a 25 Number Tile Board and all the player has to do is match the prizes behind the tiles behind them to reveal clues to the puzzle, make a match then attempt to solve the puzzle. Incorrect answers will turn control of the Numbered board to the other player. The First player to solve the puzzle wins the game. Its really simple. The game is played either in a Single Match or Best of 3 Format where the first player who wins 2 matches, wins the game.

Each Concentration Game has 3 Wild Cards where if all 3 or 2 out of 3 are matched together then that player scores a Cash Bonus. There's also 2 TAKE Squares where a player can take another player's prize that he or she scored during gameplay.

*Classic Concentration: Bonus Game*
Classic Concentration's Bonus Game uses 15 Number Spaces where there's 7 pairs and 1 item with no matching pair. The goal is to match 7 Numbered Cards and the player wins the last card with no pairing match. During 1987, its Base time was 30 Seconds but increased by 5 Seconds every time a Grand Prize isn't won.

Queentintin

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Queentintin

Vice Captain

Fashionable Delight

33,100 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:46 pm
Glimmer
Harmony's sister
"I will find you one day, will you see me?"

[Players Room]
~"Sounds a lot like a classic memory game Seb =) but only more fun 3nodding ok I understand about the wild cards, awesome!" thinks ok the idea is to match the prizes behind the tiles to reveal clues, fun , and sounds fair best out of 3, or single matches nice =) and I understand about the Classic Concentration Bonus round wow!~

CrystBalfast

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:47 pm
User Image
Sebastian Johnson
Student (3rd Year)

[Player's Room]
Wasn't there 2 Take Squares, one Red and one Green? Seb said to Glimmer & viewers

Queentintin

Quote:

Quote:

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Queentintin

Vice Captain

Fashionable Delight

33,100 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:50 pm
Glimmer
Harmony's sister

[Players Room]
~"Cannot remember Seb, maybe so =)" thinks Glimmer ~

CrystBalfast

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:58 pm
User Image
Sebastian Johnson
Student (3rd Year)

User Image
Triton
Noble of Atlantica (Ursula & Morgana's Brother)
"Have devotion and kindness, for both Land & Sea's sake."

[Player's Room]
Seb Johnson and Glimmer, how did you get in here? Triton asked Seb

The door was open.
Classic Concentration also did a Tournament of Champions as during 1989, the very same year Disney's Animated Trilogy of The Little Mermaid arrived and changed everything, 10 of the Best Players returned with their best times in the Bonus Round. Since the Base Game remained the same, the values of the Grand Prizes was increased, the player who completes the tournament in the Fastest Time wins an extra $10,000. Sadly, Classic Concentration ended its performance alongside Daytime Wheel of Fortune in September 1991. As reruns continued until 1993 where NBC reserved its 10:30AM Slot to its affiliates such as News Shows & Talk Shows.
Seb said to Triton & Glimmer

That makes sense as by 1991 Daytime TV Games had died out and were replaced with Current Event Shows such as the News and Talk Shows. I hope we get to see an OOC Pilot of Classic Concentration. *Reveals Spaces 11, 8, 9* Alright, 3 Wild Cards in a Row!
This is the Best Study Effort Game since itself.
Triton said to his friends.

Queentintin

Quote:

Quote:

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Queentintin

Vice Captain

Fashionable Delight

33,100 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:02 pm
Glimmer
Harmony's sister

[Players Room]
~"That's too bad Seb, bet those daytime games were sure better than the news shows and talk shows, 3nodding " thinks at least we learned something from Classic Concentration biggrin , I agree like Triton on seeing Classic Concentration as an OOC game wee!
~

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:04 pm
*End of PSA*  

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100