Submit

Fayt_of_Redemption

Loyal Shapeshifter

44,390 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:38 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Delphinium gazed in wonder at the amazing plants before her. It's beauty hid a dark truth; these plants were capable of causing great harm, or even killing you! Yet, strangely enough, they could also save your life. "The world is such a strange place sometimes..." she faintly whispered.

Ponies had been experimenting with this plant for a while, hoping to find remedies for various ailments. Yet, sometimes discovery can be dangerous and careless. Thus, a few unfortunate souls were the unwitting test subjects that proved the fatality of these plants. But in those who were not as careless, they noticed numerous health benefits after consuming it.

"I know some are hesitant to grow this. Some even don't like the idea of it being around but...surely the benefits can outweigh the risks! After all, there's so many things in life that come with a risk; yet we still do them..." she reasoned aloud.

She lightly touched the foliage as she continued to think. "I mean, we've already established a safe amount. I suppose one concern is when does it become too much. But there has to be early signs, and if amounts are only increased slightly, I don't see why we should fear this." She paused briefly. "Ok, that's it!" she exclaimed. "I'm going to grow this myself, even if no one else will. We can't ignore the potential of it. It could save so many lives, or even just improve them." With that, she set about to gather the things she needed to cultivate the plants. But she had to hurry; there was no telling if someone would come along and try and destroy them out of fear.

==============================

278 words  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:00 pm

As Delphinium headed out to grab the materials she needed, a pony she knew spotted her. "Hey, Delphinium! What are you up to?" he shouted at her. Startled, she jumped to see whom had called out to her.

"Oh....it's you." she replied in a nervous voice.

He began to look at her suspiciously. "Yeeeeeaaaaah....." he said in response, with a bit of a question in his voice. "Why are you acting kinda...I dunno...strange? You sound nervous and look kinda fidgety. What's going on?" He continued to pepper her with questions, determined she wasn't going to get away until he got some straight answers...something wasn't right.

105 words  

Fayt_of_Redemption

Loyal Shapeshifter

44,390 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100

Fayt_of_Redemption

Loyal Shapeshifter

44,390 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:24 pm

She began to shift nervously, not liking how nosy and persistent he was being. "Ugh...can't you just leave me alone? I don't really see how it's any of your business." she snapped at him.

34 words  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:28 pm

Conall now began to be agitated himself. "Ok, look Delphinium, I know you're up to *something* otherwise you would not be so defensive. What is it that's so bad that you can't tell me?!" His frustration was boiling over at this point...what was she hiding and why? He couldn't make sense out of it; this wasn't like her.

58 words  

Fayt_of_Redemption

Loyal Shapeshifter

44,390 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100

Fayt_of_Redemption

Loyal Shapeshifter

44,390 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:34 pm

A look of panic streaked across her face. She knew there was no way out of this...she had to tell him. She slapped the ground with her hoof and gritted her teeth. "I'm gathering the things I need to grow that "toxic" plant, ok?! I know some of the ponies hate it, are scared of it. But I just don't get that! It can do so much good; I can't just ignore that! What? We're going to shove a useful medicine into obscurity because we're afraid? How dumb is that?!" She knew her words were coming across as harsh, but she was passionate about what she had determined to do. And he wasn't going to stop her.

117 words  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:37 pm

His expression quickly softened as he replied, "Oh...is that all you're up to? Well...as it happens, I agree with you; we shouldn't just pretend this doesn't exist because there's things about it we don't fully understand."

36 words  

Fayt_of_Redemption

Loyal Shapeshifter

44,390 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100

Fayt_of_Redemption

Loyal Shapeshifter

44,390 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:40 pm

She stood there in disbelief for a moment, just staring at him. At length, she managed to find some words, "You...think I'm doing the right thing then? You're not going to try and stop me?"

35 words  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:46 pm

He smiled at her softly. "I don't think wanting to do the right thing is ever "wrong." Are there some concerns about this plant, and how it could be used? Yes. Can we guarantee nothing bad will ever happen from pursuing this? No, we can't. But sometimes the potential good just outweighs the potential bad. And this I believe is one of those cases. Will it take time for some of the others to come around? Yeah, it will. And perhaps some will never agree with it. However, when I see all the ill ponies it can help...it feels selfish to just bury our heads in the sand as if there's nothing to help them. Come on, let's go gather the things you need and we'll grow it....together."

The two friends exchanged kind, determined smiles, and set off on their quest.

141 words  

Fayt_of_Redemption

Loyal Shapeshifter

44,390 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash