Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Event ~ Club Carnival (Open!)
The Quidditch Pitch (Carnival)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:17 am
xxxxxxxxxxxxT ʜ ᴇ xxxQ ᴜ ɪ ᴅ ᴅ ɪ ᴛ ᴄ ʜ xxxP ɪ ᴛ ᴄ ʜxxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image

Welcome to the ever popular Quidditch Pitch. The stands are decked out in all four house colors, ready for fun. Inside, you'll find an Obstacle Course set up for anyone who wants to fly. There are also fancy brooms from Nimbus, Firebolt, and Quinlan Brooms for those wanting to test-fly. This is especially welcomed for the students that may not otherwise get to speed-fly. Here are also a few Pro Quidditch Players that will take pictures, sign autographs, and raffle off some fun merch. The money here will go to new equipment, as well as helping purchase new brooms for the school.

**Rules for the Obstacle Course Challenge: roll 3d20, of your 3 dice, one must be 10+ for the first waypoint, 13+ for the second, and 16+ for the third and final stop. Order doesn't matter. If you get 1/3, it's 10 points, 2/3 is 25 points, and a successful run will net 50 points. These points can be used for the raffles (5 points = 1 entry) or a photo/autograph from the pros (25 points each)

The Raffle: 3 prizes will be given - a Quinlan Brooms Model Q 2.0 racing broom, a full set of gear for any position, and a gift certificate for Spintwitches Athletic Supply in Hogsmeade. To participate, you may either cash in points earned in the course OR purchase tickets. All you have to do is add your name, which raffle you wish to enter, and how many tickets you're collecting. At the end, a random number generator will be rolled and prizes can be collected. Tickets cost 5S each, or 5 for 1G. If you purchase/use points to purchase tickets, please fill out this Raffle Form so we can keep track!

xxxxxxxxxxxxCʟᴜʙs ᴛᴏ Sᴜᴘᴘᴏʀᴛ:xxxxxxxxxxxx
Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin Quidditch Teams

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:48 am
User Image
❤ Cathaline Acacia League ❤ a.k.a. Cathyxxxxx
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxx< Hufflepuff Alumna > < Captain and Chaser for Puddlemere United > < Gifted Linguist > < Single Mother >

Dressed: In Puddlemere United Uniform
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

When Cathy had been invited to the Carnival by Aria, she honestly had been thrilled. Aria had been going through a stubborn stage for years now as she insisted on following a boring but dangerous ministry career path. Cathy tried to "gently" nudge Aria towards quidditch but Aria was stubborn as a mule regarding that. Cathy could not understand as Aria obviously didn't mind flying and she was an excellent chaser. She could easily follow Cathy's footsteps especially as Cathy knew retirement was something looming in her future.

Despite Aria disappearing to the language club (somewhere Cathy was interested in to be truthful), Cathy put on a smile and happily signed autographs and answered questions as they came. Aria wanted Cathy to help here and as a responsible mother (despite what Aria may believe) Cathy fully intended to do so.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

{OoC: Open for Interaction}
                                                    Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:52 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Harmony Aindrias
Hogwarts Graduate ~ 2057 Gryffindor
First Mate of the SolusUser ImageUser Image

▬▬"Won't somebody help me? I'm drowning. I'm slipping away into sorrow, deeper and deeper."▬▬

Harmony had only come to the festival, because the Solus was in repairs at the moment. Harmony would have rather stayed on board the ship, but it was what it was. Jaelah had excitedly written about this carnival event, inviting their parents.

Then Jaelah had written how much she wished Aire could come to the festival - how much she would love seeing all the quidditch players they were going to have. Didn't the girl know that Aire was dead?

In all her time so far, Harmony still hadn't run into Jaelah - and she was okay with that. No need to get into a sibling war, Harmony was sure that Jaelah was off with her little friends and their parents, having a great time.

Harmony went over to the quidditch pitch to watch the broom races and thought about trying a lap or two, surely she wasn't that out of a shape for flying on a broom yet.

However, she saw Cameron - the quidditch referee who had made several questionable calls lately, ruining Harmony's life that much more, because she couldn't even win money on quidditch bets. She walked over to him, "So Cameron Rowley. Quidditch Ref. Mighty brave of you to show your face with all of these pro quidditch players here. Want to, explain some of those calls?"

▬▬"But then - nobody can really help me... It's your hand I'm reaching for."▬▬

Setting: Carnival
Thinking about: This bloke
Wearing: Jean shorts, white top, jacket, Leg

kiska166

_____

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:53 pm
User Image
                                                'Cause we all get lost sometimes, you know? It's how we learn and how we grow.
                                                ......................................And I wanna lay with you 'til I'm old. You shouldn't be fighting on your own.

And if you feel you're sinking, I will jump right over into cold, cold water for you.......................................................
                                                And although time may take us into different places, I will still be patient with you.

╔════════════════════════════════╗
                                                Cameron Rowley
                                                Retired Caerphilly Catapaults Captain & Beater
                                                Gryffindor Alumnus – Fifty Two - Muggleborn - Father

╚════════════════════════════════╝

Cameron had begrudgingly agreed to make an appearance at the Hogwarts Club Carnival. He didn’t think it was a good idea after all of the backlash he had been made a victim to over the last few years, but his PR team had convinced him that it would be good for him to show him giving back to the community. So, there he was, on the Quidditch Pitch that he hadn’t stepped foot on in over thirty years. The same pitch where he had learned to play and not only master his skill, but that allowed him to live out his dream and go pro. A dream that he didn’t know he had until going to Hogwarts. The nostalgia came flooding back and suddenly, he was reminded of his teenage years. He remembered his friends – Michelle, Gracie, Caitlin. He remembered falling for his first love Elli and getting caught snogging in an empty classroom after the Sorting Ceremony in third year. He remembered the terrifying beauty in seeing the thestrals for the first time. And finally, he remembered when the Gryffindor curse had broke and his House won the both the Quidditch and House cups in his final year.

He looked out toward the castle, reminiscing on his past life until he heard his name. Snapping back to reality, he turned to see a young girl limping her way towards him with a fake leg. As soon as she asked him to explain some of the calls he had made while refereeing Quidditch games, he couldn’t help but roll his eyes. This was exactly why he hadn’t wanted to come. “Don’t take this the wrong way, but I don’t need to explain anything to you,” he responded, dismissing her.

And I hope you know, I won't let go. ..................
                                                I'll be your lifeline tonight.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

Stefan Lee Salvatore

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Event ~ Club Carnival (Open!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items