Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Event ~ Club Carnival (Open!)
The Main Stage - Outside

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:19 am
xxxxxxxxxxxxT ʜ ᴇ xxxM ᴀ ɪ ɴ xxxS ᴛ ᴀ ɢ ᴇxxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image

Outside, right at the heart of the carnival, is a large stage set up. There are a number of events here, all taking place at different points through the day. You'll see fighting and self-defense demonstrations by the Fite Club, Dueling Club, and Art of the Sword. There will also be a fun Battle Reenactment done by the Drama Club, Order of the Stick, and the Adventurer's Guild. There will also be a concert of our wonderful Music Club members, showing off their instruments and skills. The final event will be a thank you from the Head Boy & Girl, featuring a fun surprise.

xxxxxxxxxxxxCʟᴜʙs ᴛᴏ Sᴜᴘᴘᴏʀᴛ:xxxxxxxxxxxx
Fite Club, Dueling Club, and Art of the Sword - Fighting/Self-Defense Demos
Drama Club, Order of the Stick, and Adventurer's Guild - Battle Reenactment
Music Club - Talent Showcase Concert
Prefects & Heads - Thank you speech... and a fun surprise!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:10 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Zack Knapp
Gryffindor Fourth Year
Namaste ☁ Fite (Captain)☁Dragon☁Adventurers (Captain)☁Language☁Drama (Zack)☁Order of Stick☁Art☁Quidditch (Beater)

"What is my role?"
The day had been hectic for Zack, as had the weeks coming up from the day. He had to prep the Fite, Drama, and Adventurer clubs for the event. He had to. get the drama members to meet with adventurer, and coordinate Fite, dueling, and art of the sword together. It was so many things to get together. Not to mention, he had a surprise of his own, a finale to his club events here at the stage setup.

Hoever, best of all, he would get to spend quite a bit of his day with his favorite sister, Yarrick. He had written their mom, and siblings to join them - but only had confirmation that his Mom and Vee would be there. Although, maybe it was better if his mom didn't come, didn't see Alarick.

Rechecked in on his booths, before going back stage, and started messing with his surprise. He had been working on this all year - ever since quidditch tryouts. He was super excited to show all of Hogwarts what he could do - but he had to wait until night fall. He heard someone coming behind him, and quickly closed up the box, turning around to see Yarrick."Oh Hey, what are you doing back here? Shouldn't you be out with everyone else, enjoying the festivities?"

""

""

""

"Mad inventory of course!"

Setting: Carnival
Thoughts: Nothing to see here
Wearing: casual clothes, but skin is painted completely purple

“”

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:07 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx❈ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Backstage - Carnival
xxx❈ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Zack
xxxx❈ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Hoping to Hang Out?
xxxxx❈ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? What if he tells me no?

It was finally time for the big school carnival. Apparently there were things for all the clubs, but given that Yarrick wasn't in many, she really had no idea what was going on in the others. So far, she hadn't managed to spot any of her family members, much less her big brother. He was probably busy somewhere, especially since he was important to most of the clubs. Heck, he was captain of three of them. She knew they'd be spending time together during their drama thing, but ultimately, she figured she'd be alone much of the day. Finally, she managed to locate her wayward brother behind the main stage, fiddling with a box.

"Zack?"

He frantically closed up the box, before turning to face her. He asked what she was up to, asking if she shouldn't be out with the others. Oof. That stung a bit. "Hate to break the news, big brother, but I don't really have anywhere else to be. I'm only in two clubs, and I wasn't asked to work. So... if you're okay, I'll hang out with you? Otherwise I'll.. I guess just kinda wander?" Despite having nearly finished her second year, Yarrick didn't really have any friends here. She was friendly with people, but she'd always felt like she was just on the fringes. Maybe they thought it was weird that otherwise the only people she talked to were her family members. And while Zack was quite popular... well, that didn't get handed down. But hey, maybe he'd be okay with her hanging around him... or maybe she'd go find somewhere shady to sit and people watch. Erikk had his own friends, as did Flick. And Yarrick still wasn't convinced that Flick didn't dislike her after their quidditch fiasco. Also Erikk... Who she was pretty sure got scolded for trying to help her confidence at their game. So, for today, at least, she'd just put out hope that her big brother wouldn't mind her presence for a bit.

{{Wearing :: Rainbow Twirly Skirt}}
          Stefan Lee Salvatore

Sᴏ ғᴀʀ ᴀᴡᴀʏ, I ᴡɪsʜ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʜᴇʀᴇ
          Bᴇғᴏʀᴇ ɪᴛ's ᴛᴏᴏ ʟᴀᴛᴇ, ᴛʜɪs ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴀʟʟ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀ
          Bᴇғᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴏᴏʀs ᴄʟᴏsᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɪᴛ ᴄᴏᴍᴇs ᴛᴏ ᴀɴ ᴇɴᴅ
          Wɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ ʙʏ ᴍʏ sɪᴅᴇ, I ᴡɪʟʟ ғɪɢʜᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴅᴇғᴇɴᴅ
          I'ʟʟ ғɪɢʜᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴅᴇғᴇɴᴅ! Kᴇᴇᴘ ʜᴏʟᴅɪɴɢ ᴏɴ
          'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡᴇ'ʟʟ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ɪᴛ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ
          Jᴜsᴛ sᴛᴀʏ sᴛʀᴏɴɢ, 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ I'ᴍ ʜᴇʀᴇ ғᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ
          Tʜᴇʀᴇ's ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ sᴀʏ, ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴅᴏ
          Tʜᴇʀᴇ's ɴᴏ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴡᴀʏ ᴡʜᴇɴ ɪᴛ ᴄᴏᴍᴇs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ
          Sᴏ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ʜᴏʟᴅɪɴɢ ᴏɴ!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 5:52 pm
Zack Knapp
Gryffindor Fourth Year
Namaste ☁ Fite (Captain)☁Dragon☁Adventurers (Captain)☁Language☁Drama (Zack)☁Order of Stick☁Art☁Quidditch (Beater)

"What is my role?"
Zack frowned, he knew Yarrick had troubles making friends, but the year was almost over, her second year at Hogwarts, surely she had a few companions by now. He stood infant of her, and put his hand on her shoulder, "Well have I got some good news for you - you're stuck with me lil sis. You can help me collect tickets and what not for the events here, if you want.I mean, unless you don't want to hang out with your old buddy dud brother."

He began walking back to the front of the stage, not wanting Yarrick to ask too many questions about his surprise box, "Come on, we'll have a great time. PLUS I have a super secret surprise for you...if the surprise gets here on time." He pulled out his wand and pointed to a torch, "Incendio." He began lighting these all along the stage, both as a warning for onlookers to stay away from the pointy swords, and as an extra bit of flare for their drama performance. "You know the fire charm I hope? Go ahead and light some more of these. All of them." He pointed to the tail he was wearing, "Incendio!" it burst into flames and just hung out, not going up the tail more, but not going out instantly. "Wow am I glad THAT worked."

""

“”

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:20 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx❈ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Main Stage - Carnival
xxx❈ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Zack
xxxx❈ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Helping out
xxxxx❈ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Do I know the fire charm. Pfft.

Blue eyes looked up at her brother as he stood in front of her, putting a hand on her shoulder. On instinct, she leaned her head over, cheek squishing against his hand. He said he had some good news, that she was stuck with him, unless she opted otherwise. A small smile touched Yarrick's lips, a twinkle in her eyes. "Of course I'd like to hang out with you. Fuddy duddy or otherwise."

Zack started around toward the front of the stage, so Yarrick did a little half-skip, half-jog to keep up with his long legs. Apparently Zack had a surprise too... if it got here on time? "A surprise? What kind of surprise? A delivery? Owls already dropped of news and such this morning." Yarrick offered, hopefully helpfully. He started lighting candles with the fire charm, then asked if she knew it. Apparently they were supposed to light them all. "Of course I know Incendio. It's a first-year spell... that you taught me two weeks early." She laughed, casting the spell with shaky hands, hoping to keep the candles lit.

Zack called out an Incindio, and when Yarrick looked, his tail was on fire. She gasped sharply, wishing she knew the water-summoning spell.... which they really, really should teach alongside the fire spells. But Zack seemed to have things under control, and Yarrick knew he was weirdly good with fire. "Just let me know if I need to find an older-kid to put out your butt, 'kay?" She grinned, before returning to careful lighting of the candles. After a few moments, all the ones on her side were twinkling in the breeze. "Okay, bro-bro. What's next? You know I'm your behind-the-scenes... right hand... lady... person." She grinned, wondering where Zack's planning and wild imagination would take them next.

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Sᴏ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ʜᴏʟᴅɪɴɢ ᴏɴ!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:53 am
Zack Knapp
Gryffindor Fourth Year

"What is my role?"

Zack frowned, he didn't know the water spell either... he wondered if he could get his father to teach him. Maybe that would be a good bonding experience for them, for the truth to come out. "I'll teach you the water spell at the start of next school year, probably best if we both know it."

He ruffled her hair when Yarrick said she was his right hand lady, "The best here out there," he looked across the crowd and saw the lady he was waiting for - well he assumed it was his mom, and not his aunt Kadence, based on the kids that were following her, and those kids being his siblings, plural siblings. He smiled and threw a scarf from his pocket, over Yarrick's eyes. "Surprise time!" he tied the knot and took her hand, "I promise not to catch you on fire, or let you run into anything." He walked over to Kandace, Yak, Xeno, Wolfrik, Vee, and baby Ursa - letting go of Yarrick's hand and taking Ursa from Kandace, giving his mom a hug. "She's all yours!" Zack said with a smile, he wished he had a camera to capture the thrill he was sure would be across Yarrick's face, "Oh right, I guess you should pull that blindfold thing off."

""

“”

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:51 pm

User Image⍟🛡
YAK ADRAGHSERESTINE KNAPP

12 years || halfblood squib
Mandolin, drums, and voice musician

This was some kind of sick joke. After months of letters, ignored or rejected; two years of pleading and begging- Hogwarts was very clear it did not want Yak.

Then all of a sudden it was “Welcome! Come to the Carnival! See all the clubs you can’t attend! Some support the school that rejected you because you’re a SQUIB! Come see what everyone else can do that you CAN’T!”

Yak had left the invitation on the table, told Xeno he was taking a damn walk, and gone down the street. He’d gone all the way to Mrs. Notley’s Flower Shop before realizing how far he was then headed back home to take his feelings out on the drum pad. He’d wanted to make an excuse. He had…practice. Or a hangout with one of their friends–he and Trey had…homework?

But even as he thought of excuses, Yak knew it would mean a lot to Yarrick and maybe even Zack for the whole family to be there. Angry as he was, by the time Yak had broken a stick, he had also figured he could suck it up for one day and just be excited for his siblings. Now that he was actually on Hogwarts grounds though? Yak wasn’t so sure. His music player had cut out–expected really– once they were through the floo. He followed Mum along, trying not to glare at all the happy-looking surely-wizards-and-witches.

Zack spotted them first. Yak swallowed his bitterness and pasted on a grin. He was not going to ruin Yarrick and Zack’s carnival. He’d been practicing smiling. But the twins had always been close. Well, until last year. Now every break was just a reminder they were growing apart because he was a good for nothing squib. He tried again before Yarrick’s makeshift blindfold was tugged off.

”Hey.”

setting Hogwarts Carnival 2060, near the main stage || with Yarrick and Zack and Family
appearance 4’10”, stout || wearing Rock and Roll Funk and Soul shirt + his nice jeans]j
status You're here for Yarrick, don't think about the rest!

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
So far away, I wish you were here
Before it's too late, this could all disappear
Before the doors close and it comes to an end
With you by my side, I will fight and defend
I'll fight and defend, yeah, yeah
Keep holding on
🛡⍟
"Keep Holding On” by Avril Lavigne. Cover by Boyce Avenue

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:50 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx❈ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? All my siblings and mom
xxxx❈ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Family Reunion?
xxxxx❈ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I never want to be apart again.

A confused look was sent Zack's way when he promised to teach her the water spell early next year. "So what I'm hearing is... you have no idea either?" Yarrick laughed a bit, hoping to coax a laugh from her brother. He was a very good big-bro-bro and she loved him quite a lot. Plus, his energy was positively unmatched.

Yarrick felt a little bubble of pride as her older brother told her she was the best right-hand out there. She did her best to help her siblings in her own weird little way, so it was nice that they seemed to appreciate it. Just as she was getting ready to compliment him back, a scarf covered her eyes. Yarrick squeaked nervously, but Zack promised not to run her into anything.... or let her catch on fire. She clutched his hand, timidly walking alongside her brother. It was then he said she was all... "yours"... but who was the you? Zack also told her to remove the scarf, so she did, though with a bubble of trepidation.

"What did you want me.... Yak?" Before she knew what was happening, Yarrick was running toward her twin. Her other half. He simply said a "hey" but she didn't have any words. Her arms wrapped around her twin, clinging to him as though he'd fade into the ether without her. She didn't even notice her eyes filling with tears, just overjoyed to see her best friend there with her.

"I missed you so much..."

Yarrick knew how impossibly difficult it must be for Yak, to be here at the school he'd been denied entry too. Honestly, Yarrick was still half-debating dropping out and finding a tutor so she could be home with her twin again... but apparently school was the preferred option. Maybe, just maybe, if she pleaded her case right, she could stay home. If Yak couldn't join her at Hogwarts, she would do anything she could to not have the pain of being without him. Besides, it wasn't like she was a well fit here either.

Just like with primary school, Yarrick had no friends. Zack did. Yak always had. But her? The only people she talked to were her siblings... and sometimes her cousins. Without Yak... she simply didn't know how to communicate. Instead of making friends, she wrote out intricate letters to her brother, while wishing upon every falling star that he could come along. Unfortunately, he'd been denied time and again. As much as she wished for only the best of reunions... lately it seemed that the newfound rift between the twins was becoming irreconcilable. If that happened.... well, Yarrick didn't want to think about it.

For now, for this brief and wonderful moment, she had her best friend once more. And she'd give anything to keep him with her, even if it meant sacrificing her entire future....

because without her twin, she didn't want to have a future.

{{OoC: turned out a lil sadder than I wanted, but lemme know if any edits are needed. I tried to play off her logical, yet scared side.}}
          Stefan Lee Salvatore

addaellis

Sᴏ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ʜᴏʟᴅɪɴɢ ᴏɴ!

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Trickblues

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:13 pm
User Image
No clothes to fold up away is a lucky day
Get scrubbing, blast all the stains, blood and grease, I will wave bye-bye
Shut it up, shut it up, voices in my head are
Clawing at the back of my brain
Gimme one to take, lemme pick the pace
I sing in vain

User Image

Pureblood | Fifth Year Slytherin | Prefect | Sixteen Years Old
Namaste - Evening Lead | Music Club
June 2060 Club Carnival - Main Stage With: Her music
Wearing: An oversized jacket Status: A song about missing you

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

The weeks leading up to today’s carnival have gone by like a whirlwind. Since the carnival was announced she had every intention of performing. After all, as much as she enjoyed helping Yari with fashion, music was the prefect’s true passion. Originally she planned something upbeat and energetic. This year, however, that just wasn’t her. If she was going to share her music with the world for the first time, Annalise Watson realized she needed to lay her soul bare if she ever hoped to make any sort of impact.

It had been her hope that she might have been able to collaborate with Aurais for this project. The two had something of a romance over the last year, though she had been too cowardly to admit aloud that it was anything more than kissing. Truthfully, it had been everything. Aurais was there when Yari had left her feeling the most alone in the world. He treated her kindly and patiently. She cherished their friendship and all of the memories, from secret kisses shared in the empty music room to fireworks in the Summertime. They might have been a perfect match if not for her twisted heart getting in the way. Annalise wanted nothing more to keep Aurais to herself. At the same time, she didn’t know how she felt. Was she devoted? Toxic? Yaretzi returning into the picture only made her feelings more complicated. The older girl left Annalise with a sense of longing, and… Was that fair to him? To either of them? She very well could have loved Aurais, but what was love, truly? Annalise didn’t know. How could she, when she couldn’t even love herself, let alone look herself in the mirror without feeling disgusted? So when Aurais had approached her with sweet words that made her want to take his hand, what more could she do than throw those sentiments back in his face? He deserved better, and if she had to crush him to make him realize? That was a sacrifice she was willing to make.

Things improved over the last semester, certainly. Annalise had a family now. She had a patient mother with a steady hand to guide her in the right direction. A sweet older sister who always looked out for her. A batty cousin to keep things light and keep her on her toes, and so many others she was looking forward to getting to know over the coming months. She had her best friend back, their communication more solid than ever. Yet still, she missed Aurais and the bond they shared. He was one of her dearest friends. Coming up with the words to express her regrets for how she mistreated his heart felt impossible. So she started with music. The words eventually followed.

As she stepped onto the stage, Annalise wondered if Aurais was even around. He may have been nearby to support the club, but just as easily he could have been off with his friends leaving her lyrics to fall on unknowing ears. The prefect didn’t allow her doubts to show as she faced the school. After all, Annalise Watson had a reputation to maintain. Instead of allowing herself to fret, she took the mic off the stand. Though she would only be singing today, the instruments behind here were fortunately charmed to follow her composition.

“Hellooo, Hogwarts!” She called with a flip of white hair and a dazzling smile. “My name is Annalise Watson, from the Music Club and house Slytherin! Serpents, can I get a shout?” She held out her mic then as she encouraged fellow snakes of now and before to show some house pride. The young woman positively beamed as she received a response from those in the crowd. “Yeah, yeah, that’s what I like to hear! Today, I’m here to share a piece of myself with all of you.”

With a look over her shoulder, she gave a nod to one of the older students, signaling to start the music. Facing forward once more, she scanned the audience for a familiar face. Once she found him, her expression softened to an apologetic smile. “This is a song about someone precious.”

The music kicked in with a mellow tune and Annalise sang.

"Hey, hey
                                                            Though I try to speak, all my thoughts will never come to light
                                                            I just end up with my mouth hanging wide
                                                            That's why...
                                                            That's why...

Hey, hey, even in the silence I know exactly what you mean
                                                            Eyes say all we really need to, it seems
                                                            Even now the buzz in my head
                                                            Slowly eats away at all of the memories
                                                            But I know the things that you said
                                                            Every day was laughter when you were with me..."

════════════════════════════════════════════════

OOC:
                                                            [Music Link Here]
                                                            Addaellis

All I want is a better life, feel the light in my eyes
                                                            Taking the hand at my side, I’ll reach and make it mine
                                                            That sly heart beating
                                                            So bury me in pleasure
                                                            Rest in peace, we fall together
                                                            The hell in wait just beneath the eyes, we will find
                                                            Love in between the lines
                                                            I love you, so whatever
                                                            Hate me, take all that I treasure, my honey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 2:17 am

User Image⍟🛡

As soon as she knew they were there, Yarrick tore the blindfold off and jumped on him, hugging him like he might disappear if she weren’t. Yak hesitated, then relaxed, a small smile dusting over his lips. “Hey there. Didn’t you get my owl just last night?” he joked quietly. But he clung to Yarrick tightly as well, burying his eyes in her shoulder.

It had been six months that felt like six years since they greeted each other this way. Letters were still nothing compared to how they’d been before, always at each other’s side. And sure he had his younger siblings and friends at school, but Yarrick was supposed to be his other half. The friendships he had…weren’t quite complete without her there. Some of their old friends, like Trey, knew Yarrick and still asked how she was doing “at boarding school” and what not, but after two years…there were starting to be friends who didn’t even know Yak was a twin.

At the thought, Yak clung on tighter, as though he could keep a piece of Yarrick with him. Tonight he still had to go home without her. After today, she still had another week and a half here. They’d have to go back to separate exams in completely different subjects. They’d be separated. Again.

When they finally pulled away, Yak took Yarrick’s hand like they always used to hold onto each other when going anywhere. He rubbed his eyes on the back of his shirt and tried to smile again. Yak gestured to the grand stage. “Your clubs aren’t up there until later right? Want to walk around until then?”

He paused as a student with startling white hair and a brilliant smile took the stage, calling out to Hogwarts. Almost like she was signaling the rest of an invisible band, Annalise Watson started the music.

Yak felt something twinge in his chest when he realized she was playing music with magic. The one bit of magic he thought he could still cling to, trivialised by a spell. Like the rest of his life. How soon would it be before Yarrick could trivialise him with a spell? He clutched his twin’s hand tighter and tore his eyes away from the stage. He couldn’t even enjoy the singer’s voice and the piece of herself she was trying to share right now. Normally he’d stay to watch, but right now he’d rather be anywhere else.

”Wanna go dunk one of your professors?”

setting Hogwarts Carnival 2060, near the main stage || with Yarrick and Zack and Family
appearance 4’10”, stout || wearing Rock and Roll Funk and Soul shirt + his nice jeans

Keep holding on
🛡⍟

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:59 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx❈ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I never want to be apart again

Yarrick was so happy when she felt her brother hug back. It seemed like forever since they'd seen each other, even though it had only been a few months since winter break. But without her twin... Yarrick just felt so alone. She had family, and she loved them to death... but they simply weren't her twin. Yak asked if she'd gotten his owl, and she shook her head. "No, darn postage." she giggled back, mostly taking time to be with her twin.

She was hoping to maybe get the magic mirrors she'd read about, in hopes she could just... bring Yak with her to all classes since they wouldn't let him join. Maybe she could ask the teachers again? Could she claim medical accommodations for her fear of socializing? Like a seeing eye dog... but instead a talking... mouth... twin? Something like that. Maybe Yak and Zack could come up with better plans. After all... they could both talk to people like normal humans. Even her roommates probably thought her strange for not trying to make friends. But who needed friends with such a big family? She'd never run out of safe people.

Both knew that they'd really only have today before they had to once again part ways, and Yarrick knew that would be entirely too long. Maybe she could convince mom to bring Yak to all the Hogsmeade weekends next year so they could hang out? Or would that be too much work? Would Yak even want to do that? Honestly, were the roles reversed, Yarrick wouldn't be super happy to see the school every few weeks... but she'd also do anything ever for her twin... so perhaps they could plan something? Even if it was only once a month or something...

Yak stepped back a bit, then took hold of Yarrick's hand, which she happily accepted. He asked about her clubs, and she gave a small nod. "So, the only one I really need to do stuff for is Drama with Zack, but I only do stuff behind the scenes. So it shouldn't be anything terrible. And Namaste is really just for stretching and stuff. They're running a dunk tank, because apparently that's the best stress relief." She shrugged a bit, looking up at the stage with her twin. It was Annalise, who was one of the Namaste leaders. Yak seemed on edge, before asking if she wanted to go dunk her professors. "We could. I'm not the best at throwing stuff. But apparently swinging a bat is my forte. But... do you wanna go inside? The Great Hall has a bunch of food. Or the pitch is doing a flying... thing. Um... Herbology club has something like a tour... Oh! Creature Club has a petting zoo. I remember one of my roommates mentioning it. But whatever you wanna do. I'm just happy to be with you again." She sent over a smile, still a bit unsure where all her words came from. Normally she just did whatever her siblings wanted, but especially with Yak already feeling put out by the magic, she didn't want him to be upset.

No, she'd do anything to prevent that. She hated any of her siblings being upset, but ever since the school decided to only invite one twin, things were a lot harder on her. It was so hard to make people happy when missing a big part of yourself. Plus, the missing part of her was the sad person. Maybe... maybe she could ask the professors about switching their places? If there wasn't space for both, she figured she'd rather let Yak have the spot so he could be happy. Her own happiness... well, it didn't mean as much as that of her brothers.

{{OoC: super smart. still blaming the school for "running out of spots" instead of him being a squib. denial is a heck of a thing}}
          Stefan Lee Salvatore

addaellis

Sᴏ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ʜᴏʟᴅɪɴɢ ᴏɴ!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:51 am

User Image⍟🛡

Damned magic. If magic was better, Yarrick would have had her phone and Yak could have just texted the contents of his letter. They’d be able to really talk everyday. Heck, if phones worked, she could have video called him into classes. Yeah! It was better outside of the magic world! Magic was stupid! Magic was behind! And damnit he wanted to be part of the magical world.

Yak pushed the angry thoughts aside with a physical shake of his head. When he asked about her clubs, Yarrick replied that most of her work for Drama was behind the scenes and Namaste was running the dunk tank. Good to know.

He asked if she wanted to dunk one of her professors and Yarrick seemed uncertain. First she blamed not being better at hitting things with a bat than throwing things. She offered going inside or to the Quidditch Pitch. Herbology Club, Creature club, man, look at all the cool things they had! Look at all the things he couldn't be part of! Not that Herbology or Creature Club seemed like the kinds of things Yak would do anyways, but the fact that they were there! Yak clenched his free hand into a fist, opening and closing it to try to keep the bubble of irritation from flaring up again. ”Anything’s fine,” he replied when he thought he could keep the bitterness from his voice. ”It’s all new to me anyhow, so if there’s anything you’d like to see, I’m cool to go with.”

He looked over, wondering what felt so off with that interaction. He wondered if that had been Yarrick offering all the options because she didn't know what she wanted to do or because she secretly had something there she wanted and just didn't know how to bring it up.
He hated that he had to wonder about it instead of just knowing.

Yak took a deep breath and considered how to fix this such that Yarrick wouldn't feel even worse. They finally had some time together, he just wanted to enjoy it instead of getting mad and making his twin feel bad. ”Is anything on a schedule? Like an event going on at a particular time? Because otherwise let's grab a snack first. I haven’t eaten anything besides a bagel and that was hours ago. Great Hall you said? Lead the way.”

appearance 4’10”, stout || wearing Rock and Roll Funk and Soul shirt + his nice jeans

Keep holding on
🛡⍟

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 3:35 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx❈ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I never want to be apart again

Yarrick could sense her brother was still upset about not getting into the school. Then again, had roles been reversed, she would be upset too. Not because she couldn't do magic, but because she'd be alienated from her family. Yak shook his head, and Yarrick had to wonder what thoughts had been racing that he hadn't said. Usually, he was the more vocal of the two, letting her do the background work for his debates. But since they were split up, suddenly she had had to try and find her own voice. It was hard for sure, and even without her twin beside her, Yarrick usually found a sibling or cousin to speak on her behalf.

The younger (by 7 minutes!) twin listed a few things they could do, trying to find something her brother might enjoy. Instead, his own frustration rose and she didn't know how to stop talking well enough to try and climb out of the hole she'd dug. Yak balled up his fists, and Yarrick seemed to deflate. Her shoulders drooped, gaze falling to the floor. What kind of horrible person was she to make her own twin so upset? Why wasn't she able to talk to her best friend anymore? She hated this stupid school and the rules preventing them from being together. Finally, Yak broke the terse silence, simply saying he was fine with whatever. It was indeed his first time experiencing this stuff, and she didn't know what to say.

What was she supposed to do? Could she salvage anything? Would Yak go home and just... hate her even more? Her arms crossed over her belly as Yarrick shrank down a bit. Sandy hair fell down, shielding her from the world around for a brief second. She wanted to stay here, to continue her learning... but what if it meant Yak would hate her forever? She was conflicted, and conflict made her simply stress out. This is why she never spoke up. Because when she did, people got hurt. Or worse, people got in trouble. Last time she'd tried to speak up, her cousin had gotten in trouble for trying to help her feel better, while she got ridiculed for needing help.

and now she'd hurt her best friend

Was there really no end? Did she have a curse about her? After a long pause, Yak spoke up once more, asking if anything was on a particular timeframe. Otherwise, he wanted to eat. Great Hall. Okay. She could do that. She nodded back a bit, drawing in a deep breath. "I have to be here for the Drama club thing, but there's not really anything else. Well, except for the show at the end, but no one knows what's happening there. For now, food sounds good. I'm sure the cooking club has something nice prepared." Her words were carefully spoken, a metered tone to her voice. If she only stated pure facts, she couldn't do more damage...

right?

addaellis