Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Event ~ Club Carnival (Open!)
The Carnival Booths Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:20 am
xxxxxxxxxxxxT ʜ ᴇ xxxC ᴀ ʀ ɴ ɪ ᴠ ᴀ ʟ xxxB ᴏ ᴏ ᴛ ʜ sxxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image

Here is the main event of the whole Carnival, the booths! Each are manned by club members, students, or sometimes professors. Each booth goes to support the connected club. There are also tons of fun games and such for kids (and kids at heart) to enjoy. There are a few booths with artwork, some to display, some to sell. These go to the Art Club students. There is also a large photo booth, complete with silly accessories. Dress up and get some pictures taken by the staff at the Daily Dragon. Herbology Club has a booth where you can get a little plant of your own, along with a booklet on their care (larger/more valuable plants may be purchased here too). They're also offering tours of the greenhouses and Llwyn Idun, the grove of student-grown trees. Astronomy invites you to play a planetary ring toss, as well as learn all about the solar system and constellations. Peek through their telescope to see the mysteries of the universe. Creature Appreciation club has a petting zoo of sorts, filled with a few friendly magical creatures. Prepare to learn about the creatures, as well as get to pet them and make friends. Namaste has decided a professor dunk tank is the best possible way to relieve stress right before exams week, so feel free to try to dunk your favorite (or least favorite, we don't judge) professors.

**Ring Toss Rules: You can choose to toss at small planets (worth 5 points each) or large planets (worth 10 points each). To toss, roll 1d20. 10+ is perfect for the small planets, but you need a 15+ to land on the big planets without the ring falling off. You get 3 tries, and points can be used to earn prizes. (Feel free to post all three attempts in 1 post by simply rolling 3d20)

**Dunk Tank Rules: You get 2 attempts to dunk the professor, however, if you hit the first time, that's it for that turn. To hit, you must roll a 17+ on a d20. As always, feel free to roll both attempts in the same post.

xxxxxxxxxxxxCʟᴜʙs ᴛᴏ Sᴜᴘᴘᴏʀᴛ:xxxxxxxxxxxx
Art Club - Art Showcase, Art Sales
Daily Dragon - Photobooth, as well as general photography around the festival (if you can catch them, good luck!)
Herbology Club - Take a plant (or purchase a fancy plant) here, and get a guided tour of the greenhouses and student grove
Astronomy Club - Gaze through the telescopes at interesting points in the sky, play ring toss, and learn about the Solar System & Constellations
Creature Appreciation Club - Magical Petting Zoo
Namaste - Professor Dunk Tank

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:01 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Carnival - Daily Dragon Photobooth
xxx Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Various students
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Snapping Pictures
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I wish my family could come to this...

Daphne had volunteered first shift for the Daily Dragon booth, then the rest of the day would probably be spent over with her quidditch teams. But she had jobs to do, and if one day of running around frantic helped a ton to have fun, well, she was for it. Unfortunately, she was positioned just so, able to watch as families walked in. She sighed softly, wishing her family would've been able to come. It really sucked to have an all-muggle family that wouldn't ever understand her. They wouldn't be able to see the school, much less transport themselves to Scotland. Plus, her brothers would probably just make fun of her in front of the few "friends" she had here at school.

Another sigh escaped, though this one served to calm her mind. She had a job to do, and simply couldn't allow errant stresses to overwhelm. No, today was about fun, friends, and photography. She finished unpacking her camera, then set it up on the tripod. Her plan was to let all the club photographers use the camera through the day, then their personal cameras while out and about. That way, they could all maximize their photography. There would be a ton of stories breaking today!

{{Wearing :: Spring Colors}}
I ɢᴏᴛ ᴀ ᴘᴏᴄᴋᴇᴛ, ɢᴏᴛ ᴀ ᴘᴏᴄᴋᴇᴛғᴜʟ ᴏғ sᴜɴsʜɪɴᴇ
I ɢᴏᴛ ᴀ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪᴛ's ᴀʟʟ ᴍɪɴᴇ
Wɪsʜ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ, ʙᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀɪɴ'ᴛ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴍᴇ
Dᴏ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴛᴏ ᴄᴏɴᴛʀᴏʟ ᴍᴇ
Tᴀᴋᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴀᴡᴀʏ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴅᴀʏs, ᴀ ʜɪᴅɪɴɢ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ
Tʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴀ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ I ɢᴏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɴᴏʙᴏᴅʏ ᴋɴᴏᴡs
Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪᴠᴇʀs ғʟᴏᴡ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴄᴀʟʟ ɪᴛ ʜᴏᴍᴇ
Aɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's ɴᴏ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ʟɪᴇs, ɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋɴᴇss ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's ʟɪɢʜᴛ
Aɴᴅ ɴᴏʙᴏᴅʏ ᴄʀɪᴇs, ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴏɴʟʏ ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:11 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Carnival Booths - Artists Area
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Thoughts, other students
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Taking a second to admire before duty calls
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Mostly monologuing what all needs done

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 4:43 pm
User Image
Linsey Grey-Cavendish
RavenclawFourth YearFourteen Years OldSingle

Time to shine,’ Linsey told herself. Ever since it was announced that there would be a carnival at the end of the term, Linsey had been totally onboard for it. Part of her felt a bit guilty taking time away from studying for end-of-term exams, but she told herself that the extra time she put into review between classes and carnival-prep would offset, and she could always cram between exams if she were really worried. Right now, it was time to have fun and to see the results of the work put in.

Since early this morning, she’d been baking batches of cookies for the bake sale, and this included a special batch for a special person indeed. She also collaborated with Lewis on a special project for the Art Club. She found it endlessly interesting how he could see music, and he created these colourful and rather lurid looking paintings of what he was seeing or hearing or both (she guessed). After selecting one of his darlings (and he loved them all), she used it as the basis for a shirt she designed, incorporating his painting, along with a custom Art Club logo she created and worked into the art, in the same way a jazz artist might pick up on the riff played by another musician. She arranged to have the shirts mass-produced, not only for the club members to have, but to sell at the carnival.

In fact, she was wearing an extra-large example of one of those shirts today, the hem of which was long enough for it to qualify as a short dress on her, though she paired it with a cute short little skirt, and a pair of wedge-heeled sandals. Her long silvery-white hair was allowed to flow freely about her, and the slightest breeze was enough to cause it to float about her head.

Seeing Milan, she rushed out to greet him. “Hi, Milan. I got something for you,” she gushed, as she presented him with a foil-wrapped pan. “Fresh from the oven, vegan-friendly shortbread cookies.” It had taken her a while and much experimentation, but she figured out how to make a vegan version of her recipe the taste of which was almost indistinguishable, to her palate, from the original, and the aroma was wondrous enough to make her want to have some with a cold glass of milk or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

Just as she was about to pass the foil-wrapped package, she heard a familiar voice say, “Figured I’d find you around here, dear.” Linsey turned about, and she said breathlessly, with a smile in her eyes and on her face, “Mom, you were able to come. I’ve got so much to show you.”

Hannah Grey-Cavendish gave her daughter a smile and chuckled softly, enjoying the excitement in her voice. “I’m sure you do, dear, and we’ve got plenty of time for all that. Fianna and the kids are around here somewhere; she wanted to give Finn a look at the castle. Won’t be long before he gets his letter, you know.” Hannah was wearing casual, comfortable clothes for this outing, and she wore her long indigo hair brushed back, more resembling a typical soccer mom than she did anything else. “Anyway, we were dropping off some donations for the cause. Now, I hope I wasn’t interrupting something was I?”

Linsey tried hard not to blush, but she felt heat rising to her cheeks anyway, and she said, “Uh, well, Mom, this is Milan Wellbelove….” Hannah smiled indulgently, and chuckled softly once more as she realized she may have walked in on something. “I recognize him, dear, from all the drawings in your sketchbook you’ve shown me,” she said before shifting her violet eyes and her attention to the dapper individual beside her daughter. “I am Hannah Grey-Cavendish, and you are the Milan that I’ve received such glowing accounts of. Linsey speaks highly of you.”

OOC:
Cinnabun Gryffie

User Image
                  "All my life I never really knew me till today
                  Now I know why, I'm just another step along the way

I lie awake for hours, I'm just waiting for the sun
                  When the journey we are making has begun
                  Don't deny the feeling that is stealing through your heart
                  Every happy ending needs to have a start

All my life I never really knew me till today
                  Now I know why, I'm just another step along the way "

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 5:32 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Linsey & Hannah
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Cookies??
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? No cookies...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:52 pm
User Image
Linsey Grey-Cavendish
RavenclawFourth YearFourteen Years OldSingle

After all the hard work you’ve done, you certainly deserve treats,” Linsey said, as she took in their surroundings with a sweeping gesture of her hand. “I mean, look at all this, you made this happen. You pulled everybody together and got this event going. Well, you and Aria, of course. They will be talking about this event for years. If you think about it, whomever comes afterward is going to be measured by what you got everybody to do. This is awesome, Milan.”

Of course, when Mom showed up, Linsey’s attention was suddenly drawn away from Milan, and she brought up the sketches in her book of him. She’d done character studies of him for Art class, and when he was recovering over Christmas and she was keeping company with him, Linsey drew a fair number of sketches of Milan.

Her sketchbook had drawings of her other friends, including Lewis and other members of the team, the other Art Club members, particularly Echo and Yari, her teachers, and other subjects, to be sure, but Milan figured a lot into her thoughts these days, and had since the start of term. One such image she drew was a quasi-recruiting poster for the Ravenclaw Quidditch team, depicting him in his Quidditch robes and posed in a heroic fashion, as though he were leading them into a battle. Another drawing, one she knew her mother hadn’t seen was of the two of them together done in an anime style (again, another challenge), ala Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask…

Hannah took Milan’s hand and returned his gesture, accepting his compliment. “Thank you. I’m just glad she has so many people around her that she loves so much.” When Milan mentioned his restrictive diet, Linsey chirped in with, “I like challenges, and I’ve never tried making vegan anything before. You have the honour of receiving my first successful batch of vegan shortbread; some of my previous attempts were a little scary and somewhat inedible.”

Linsey made sure to actually hand the tray over into Milan’s keeping before she could be sidetracked again. She then said, “By the way, Mom, Milan is opening up his own clothing company, and he’s offering me the chance to work over the summer. I’d get the chance to work in the trade, and refine my own design-work.” She then sighed, and added, a note of genuine regret in her tone. “Of course, if I do that, I can’t do the work-study with Aunt Lynn in Egypt that she’s offering.”

Hannah smiled, and she said with a slight sardonic chuckle, “Oh, you needn’t worry about that, dear, I’ve already conveyed your regrets to Aunt Lynn. Hmmm, actually, that’s not quite accurate, after she gave me all the details, I believe I told her ‘not on your nelly’. Don’t get me wrong, dear, the money would be very nice for you, and you could certainly get some nice extra credit papers for Cursebreaking out of it; however, I know your Aunt Lynn, it would mean a lot of long hours, hard work, and a level of danger that a fourteen-year-old witch won’t be able to handle, especially since you cannot use magic off school grounds.”

Again, Hannah looked over at Milan, giving him an appraising look, before asking, “So, you’re opening up your own company? Colour me curious; what do you have in mind for your company, and what are planning for my budding designer to do?”

OOC:
Cinnabun Gryffie

User Image
                  "All my life I never really knew me till today
                  Now I know why, I'm just another step along the way

I lie awake for hours, I'm just waiting for the sun
                  When the journey we are making has begun
                  Don't deny the feeling that is stealing through your heart
                  Every happy ending needs to have a start

All my life I never really knew me till today
                  Now I know why, I'm just another step along the way "

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:03 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Linsey & Hannah
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Discussing Work
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Yay Cookies!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:07 pm

User Image☻☺
GALEN EZREAL SAYLOR

seventh year || Hufflepuff || halfblood metamorphmagus
Adventurer's Guild chronicler || Art Club cartoonist || Creature Appreciation Club enthusiast
Order of the Stick captain || Cooking Club executive chef || Quidditch chaser

LARP club this year had a spacepunk utopia story set in a world of technology integrated with alien plant life, where everyone was connected digitally and prosthetic augments were a commonplace part of society. Meeting nights they were divided between intra-colony squabbles and encounters with alien flora and fauna. Next week there was no meeting for finals, and there was technically a final meeting to go over and just share highlights of the year’s story, but the carnival was doubling as the LARP finale– a whole day where they could be in character, interacting with the world around after the walls of the colony came crashing down last session.

In a couple hours, the Drama and Adventurer’s guild would be there as well, celebrating the end of the story on the main stage in one-giant send-off. There was still going to be plenty of improv on stage, but they were working such great people in the other clubs that Galen was more excited than anxious. No matter what happened, it would be a glorious ending.

It had, of course, been a ton of work, especially with studying to do, and Galen himself had his attention very divided trying to make sure each of his clubs had the support they needed to do something great. But hey, it was for a great cause, and today promised to be the best.

Plus costumes! Some outfits were a bit more subtle, but that was still fun!

Galen himself had one of the outfits Milan had designed for him, combined with a few touches from the first one Milan had made him that summer, and with a few accents lit up by meta-magic. Galen stopped by the Creature Club’s booth with a grin, offering Nora a colorful drink he’d picked up and greeting her by her character name. ”Hey there, Glad I caught you before you ran off to another booth. Just stopping by– I’ve got to make sure Sammie and Pep didn’t mix up the pixie beans and the sponge cake. Anything I can grab for the little xenomorphs? Or for you, the hopeye of my eyes?”

Culinary Club wasn’t really serving pixie beans and sponge cake, but Galen was wondering if Sammie and Pepijn were going to mix up the foods prepared for different world regions. They had been on a bit of a fusion kick, which was great, but also not exactly what the carnival booth was about. Oh well, if they had mixed all the snacks up, they could just say it was a fusion to promote world unity!

setting Creature Appreciation Petting Zoo. Day 1 of the Carnival || with Nora~
appearance 5'10", Lightly-glowing lines along his skin, sideswept green hair with side fade || wearing Milan made this for me
status Today is going to be WILD

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
If sunlight bothers you in the path then
I'll spread the shade
If darkness scares you then
On the horizon I'll decorate the moon
If you're sad, then I'll crack jokes
And make you laugh
Laughing and singing this way
I'll walk four steps with you.
☺☻
~"Chaar Kadam" from PK..

addaellis

SherbertLemondrop

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:49 pm
User Image
                                          I Have a Dream, a song to sing
                                          To help me cope, with anything
                                          If you see the wonder, of a fairy tale
                                          You can take the future, even if you fail

User Image

Nora’s brain was just a tad…shot. She had been bustling in every direction for days trying to make sure all of her responsibilities for the carnival were taken care of. Being the captain of two clubs, the quidditch team and a prefect made her quite the worker bee. She didn’t mind, she just hadn’t had a fully functioning brain since mid-October or so because of it. Nora had been going back and forth for the first bit to ensure everything went up and running. Once she was finally confident it was, she camped herself out at the creature appreciate club’s booth.

When Galen approached Nora she was kneeling on the ground showing off a niffler to a young girl, one of Noah and Charlotte's little sisters. "This is Newt," she said, "he belongs to my brother and is trained to help him as a curse-breaker. Nifflers are attracted to anything shiny. Makes them useful for finding treasure. Also making a mess sometimes," she added with a smile. Hence why she borrowed Newt, he was trained well enough that she could actually trust him.

Nora looked up from her little lesson when she noticed Galen's presence. "Hi love," she said, handing the niffler to Noah and standing. She looked her boyfriend up and down, noticing every detail of his outfit as he spoke. It had been an interesting year in the Order of the Stick. They had gone with a different theme this year and while she did miss her sword, it gave her something completely different to work with. The outfit alone had taken her days just to decide on the look she was going for. Nora had become Jennix, a "techno-botanist". She used technology to grow yield and quality. A scientist and inventor. With just a touch of gunslinging just for fun.

Nora leaned in and was about to answer Galen Syno when she had a thought. "Oh oh, one second!" She scurried off to the back of the booth. She slipped off her cardigan and slipped on an earpiece she had made over Christmas break with some wire and bolts her dad had lying around the house. With that, she slid back to the front and smiled at Syno. "Just one more thing," she said holding up a finger. “Colovaria”. With a flick of her wand, her hair turned a bright, nearly neon green.

Nora put both of her hands around Galen's neck as she smiled up at him before giving him a small kiss on his cheek. "I rarely say no to food," she giggled. Quite frankly she, both Jennix and Nora, was starved. "But how are you doing? I know you're busy too."

{OOC; outfit in picture}

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
                                          addaellis

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:03 pm
User Image
                                              ╔════════════════════════════╗
                                              Taylor Olson
                                              Seventeen Years Old - Seventh Year - Gryffindor - Halfblood
                                              Photography Editor of the Daily Dragon
                                              Captain of the Dueling Club
                                              Captain of the Art Club

╚════════════════════════════╝

Taylor was on duty at the Art Club for the first shift as she had promised Milan that she’d help him out with the Daily Dragon’s exhibit. After setting up the display of art that the club’s members had created, she took photos of it to commemorate this day for the newspaper. She was interested to see how much of their art would sell, and how much of her photography specifically would. She knew she was good, but this was really her first time selling at an event. Hopefully she would sell more than she anticipated and not less. Focused on taking good pictures, she hadn’t noticed when Milan approached the set up and only noticed when a girl’s voice greeted him by name. Ah, Linsey in that hideous t-shirt. As a fashionable person, Taylor hated the idea of selling ugly club shirts. However, she knew the Art Club needed some funding to keep it going when she graduated, so she allowed it. That still didn’t mean that she’d be caught dead in it, though.

Blue eyes lingered on Milan for a moment as the fourth year gifted him cookies. Ever since she had seen him shirtless, she felt a new way about him. At first, it really confused her because she kept thinking of Echo whenever she thought of Milan in that way, but when Echo managed to get herself pregnant, Taylor had finally given up on trying to separate her and Syd. One thing then led to another, and before long, Taylor and Milan had started hooking up in secret, agreeing that no one could find out, especially not Echo. Something in her gut told her to keep it hidden from his sister even if she had inexplicably ruined her life forever by getting knocked up by someone who the Gryffindor was certain would grow up to be a deadbeat father. Why the ******** didn’t she leave him when I told her to? It was all very frustrating. All of the Wellbeloves were stubborn, but Echo had to be the most.

The seventh year decided to join Linsey and Milan but just as she was about to approach them, the fourth year’s mother arrived so the brunette quickly turned around and went back to doing what she did best – taking photos and eavesdropping. She raised her eyebrows upon hearing about the drawings in her sketchbook. She must really have a crush on him, Taylor realized. She had heard the rumours and has seen them in each other’s company before, but Linsey was fourteen. It was actually kind of cute. Besides, Taylor wasn’t even sure she wanted to date Milan. As for the hooking up, what Linsey didn’t know wouldn’t hurt her.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

In the m i d d l e of the night, we can form this d r e a m
                                              I wanna feel you by my side, s t a n d i n g next to me

Cinnabun Gryffie
Graydon Ironshield

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:38 am
User Image
✵ Nic ✵ Nicholas Hue Hayward-Ye ✵
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx(Gryffindor Second Year) (Half-blood-part-nymph) (Herbology Club, Creature Appreciation Club, and Namaste Member) (Gryffindor Quidditch Team Beater)

------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

At the carnival Nic decided to come out of the closet. Not that closet (he hadn't given much thought about that when he had his studies and clubs and a grudge to keep)-but the hiding his herbology interest closet. He had come onto a quidditch pitch for a game with flowers in his hair for Merlin's sake. Something Jules noticed which in a way he liked. He liked being noticed more than he had thought. Blending into the shadows was not working for him. Like a plant he needed at least some sunlight to survive. Just because he liked plants and was good with them didn't mean he had to come out as part nymph. Look at their captain Ron. He was good with plants and definitely not part nymph. He couldn't see his quidditch captain dating a part-breed. But who knew with her, she did like bossing people around.

He was only a second year so he expected no major part in the booth and was mostly collecting money for plants people purchased. Nic kept semi-threatening the customers about taking care of their plants and giving advice but people don't generally listen to twelve year olds. At least Nic could say he tried. If one of the plants died and he hadn't tried Nic didn't think he could manage.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                                Ah, but this nose doesn’t need to poke too far
                                                To see that behind that distrustful warning
                                                You’d do quite well in

Gryffindor!
                                                {OoC: Open for Interaction}
                                                Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:36 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx❀ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? School Carnival - Booths
xxx❀ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Too many people
xxxx❀ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? School Carnival
xxxxx❀ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I should've stayed inside

While normally Csuri would never be caught dead in some sort of horrible social event, apparently it was pretty uncommon for this stuff to happen at school. Even then, she had hoped to take advantage of the solitude of her room. Perhaps she'd go to the event for a few minutes to establish an alibi (of having attended, of course), then go back to her room to read in bed. She dressed for comfort, then stared into the bathroom mirror for a second. Maybe she could do her hair like Annalise always did. Then again, she wasn't super good at braids.

Csuri did her best to tie a braid on her left side, but it didn't look anywhere as good as when Annalise tied braids. She sighed softly, then turned away from the mirror. She hated mirrors. Most everyone else liked them, including her roommates, but Csuri didn't like to see her own reflection. It really didn't boost the self-confidence when even she didn't want to see herself. Back in her room, Merida and Enna looked at her, probably judging her outfit. They were always horrible, but usually they didn't actually talk to Csuri. And honestly, the blonde was happy with their arrangement. Csuri didn't want to talk to them either.

She grabbed a soft shawl from her trunk, then pushed her feet into her sandals before heading out. It seemed lots of others had the same idea, so she fell toward the outskirts of the gaggle of students, following them toward the outside. Once past the doors, Csuri immediately regretted her decision. There were lots of people, and even more spilling in. There really wouldn't be such a thing as a quiet place to hide today, so she'd really try to make her visit brief. Walking around, grey eyes looked around at the booths. Pretty much all the people looked super happy to be there, making her feel even further out of place. Honestly, she just hoped that no one told the Wool's guys about the event, because otherwise she'd have to hide for real. She didn't want anyone to know she lived there... including the other 3 kids here from Wool's. Another sigh escaped her as she tried to prevent herself from just running inside and hiding forever.

{{Wearing :: Comfy & Cute}}
          {{OoC: Open for Interaction! Feel free to post with Csuri!}}
          Bʟᴀᴄᴋʙɪʀᴅ sɪɴɢɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴀᴅ ᴏғ ɴɪɢʜᴛ
          Tᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴡɪɴɢs ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴇᴀʀɴ ᴛᴏ ғʟʏ
          Aʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟɪғᴇ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴡᴀɪᴛɪɴɢ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜɪs ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴀʀɪsᴇ
          Tᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ sᴜɴᴋᴇɴ ᴇʏᴇs ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴇᴀʀɴ ᴛᴏ sᴇᴇ
          Aʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟɪғᴇ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴡᴀɪᴛɪɴɢ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜɪs ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ғʀᴇᴇ
          Bʟᴀᴄᴋʙɪʀᴅ ғʟʏ, Bʟᴀᴄᴋʙɪʀᴅ ғʟʏ
          Iɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪɢʜᴛ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋ ʙʟᴀᴄᴋ ɴɪɢʜᴛ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:32 pm
User Image
Brianna Cathaline Quinn-Smith
SlytherinFourth YearFourteen Years OldSingle

After all the build-up the carnival was finally here, and Brianna was feeling a might wilted by it all. Here it was the weekend before finals, and they were out here having a celebration of all the clubs Hogwarts supported. If she’d had her druthers, Brianna would have been content to studying for exams, but if Ron was willing to pull himself away from his otherwise all-consuming preparations for his NEWTs to participate, then she could too; and it wasn’t like she had a whole lot to do for the carnival.

Ron. All it took was the right words in his ear from Aria, and he was focusing his energies to support her project. It was enough to make Brianna shake her head in wonder, concern, and more than a little bit of envy. ‘I hope for Ron’s sake, Aria understands how much he would do just for her. Pffft, who am I kidding? I wish I could be Aria, or Nora, for that matter. Cripes, Nora has a cult around her that would make the Mother of Dragons blush.’ Ron was running the Herbology Club booth and conducting tours of the greenhouses and of the apple grove he founded, and he donated pieces for the Art Club booth. Mom and the Quinns would be here, if they weren’t already, to see all of that.

For her part, Brianna helped her brother get the Herbology Club booth up and going, and she would help with the Dueling Club and whatever Slytherin Quidditch was planning to do to drum up support. Yeah, she had things she could point to that she was involved in, but she felt that it was so… underwhelming when compared to Ron and Aria. She was a bit bummed to learn she wasn’t inheriting the Herbology Club from her brother, although she had to admit, at least to herself, that didn’t share in his hobbit-like love of green, growing things.

Taking her chance to get away from the booth, Brianna decided to nose around and see what else was going on. As she was walking about, she spotted a familiar blonde head of hair with a side braid. She smiled as she saw that Csuri was here; she’d rather hoped the First Year hadn’t chosen to hide out in the castle while the carnival was going on. Not that she would have faulted her if she had. Brianna picked up her pace, and as she was walking beside Csuri, she said, “Hi, Csuri. Having fun yet?”

OOC:
Cinnabun Gryffie

User Image
                  "And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
                  Or the moment of truth in your lies
                  When everything feels like the movies
                  Yeah, you bleed just to know you're alive."

"And I don't want the world to see me
                  'Cause, I don't think that they'd understand
                  When everything's made to be broken
                  I just want you to know who I am "

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:02 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx❀ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? School Carnival - Booths
xxx❀ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Brianna
xxxx❀ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? School Carnival
xxxxx❀ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I should've stayed inside

Csuri was examining some weird, confusing paintings over by the art kids, before she moved on. She saw a spot for people to take silly pictures, and she knew she had to escape without being spotted by her older housemate. "Hey Csuri, wanna grab some friends and get-" "I'd rather light myself on fire." Grey eyes glared at the older blonde, who simply replied with an "Okeydoke."

Csuri pushed on, wondering what else was over this way. Judging by all the people carrying little plants, she was about to run into the Herbology club. There, she'd probably get hassled by Ron and the others for not joining them in their work. Admittedly, she was pretty sure no one would've expected her there, given she'd only gone to three of their club meetings before getting overwhelmed and leaving the group.

But, things never seemed to go smoothly with Csuri. Suddenly, someone was right beside her, asking if she was having fun. "Jesus. Wear a bell, will you?" She sent over a glare at the older blonde, but it didn't seem to hold much malice. Despite her dislike of people, at least Brianna tried to help her out sometimes. Csuri tucked under her shawl a bit, then glanced back over at the fourth year. "It's.... a day. How are you enjoying the loud, chaotic... disaster day?"

{{Wearing :: Comfy & Cute}}
          Graydon Ironshield

Tᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴡɪɴɢs ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴇᴀʀɴ ᴛᴏ ғʟʏ
          Aʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟɪғᴇ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴡᴀɪᴛɪɴɢ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜɪs ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴀʀɪsᴇ
          Tᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ sᴜɴᴋᴇɴ ᴇʏᴇs ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴇᴀʀɴ ᴛᴏ sᴇᴇ
          Aʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟɪғᴇ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴡᴀɪᴛɪɴɢ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜɪs ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ғʀᴇᴇ
          Bʟᴀᴄᴋʙɪʀᴅ ғʟʏ, Bʟᴀᴄᴋʙɪʀᴅ ғʟʏ
          Iɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪɢʜᴛ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋ ʙʟᴀᴄᴋ ɴɪɢʜᴛ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:57 am
User Image
Brianna Cathaline Quinn-Smith
SlytherinFourth YearFourteen Years OldSingle

Sorry, didn’t mean to startle you there,” Brianna said to her younger Housemate. It wouldn’t have been the first time she’d startled somebody just by walking up to them. As quietly as she walked, Brianna found she could stealth up on people without actually sneaking up on them, and it didn’t matter if she were barefoot or wearing hard-soled boots. Today, though, that effect was aided by all the noise and confusion of the carnival around them. Csuri also wasn’t the first to suggest she wear a bell either.

She smiled and chuckled softly at Csuri’s question, and confessed, “Huh-yeah, it’s….been a day already. Glad to know I’m not the only one here who’s not feeling it. I could do without the loud and the chaos myself, but here we are. As for it being a ‘disaster’, well, the day’s still young, there’s plenty of time yet for it all to go pear-shaped. Been running back and forth between the Herbology booth, Dueling Club and the Quidditch team-thing.” She then added with another just-not-feeling-it chuckle, “And then, if that’s not enough, my mother and her family are coming to visit. I just want this day to be over and done with it. How ‘bout you?”

OOC:
Cinnabun Gryffie

User Image
                  "And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
                  Or the moment of truth in your lies
                  When everything feels like the movies
                  Yeah, you bleed just to know you're alive."

"And I don't want the world to see me
                  'Cause, I don't think that they'd understand
                  When everything's made to be broken
                  I just want you to know who I am "

Event ~ Club Carnival (Open!)