Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Event ~ Club Carnival (Open!)
The Carnival Booths Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:19 am
User ImageUser Image
xx❀ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? School Carnival - Booths
xxx❀ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Brianna
xxxx❀ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? School Carnival
xxxxx❀ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? If Wool's comes, I'm not here

Csuri simply blinked up at Brianna when she apologized for startling. From her voice, it sounded like it was a frequent problem. Maybe she really should get a bell then. Csuri understood the problem though, as apparently she'd managed to startle some of the littler kids at Wool's by just existing in their space. One of them had even gotten scared so bad she needed an inhaler. Then again, that particular kid seemed attached to her inhaler. So it probably wasn't Csuri's fault.... probably.

After asking how Brianna was enjoying the chaos, the older blonde started to explain. Apparently Csuri wasn't alone in thinking the day was awful. Like sure, it was nice for people to be able to show off their bajillions of cool achievements, but what about the talentless weirdos of the school? Brianna had been running between several booths to try and help out. Csuri was about to offer a hand of help, but Brianna continued to say her family was coming. Csuri's mood soured a bit further. "All of me wishes I stayed inside. But between my dumb roommates and Professor Narain telling me to wander around and look at stuff, I stupidly left my room. So now I'm here. Surrounded by other peoples' families left and right, all while hoping my.... um... guys don't show up." Way to almost slip up and mention the orphan group possibly showing. Csuri was still hoping they couldn't get enough babysitters for all the kids.

"But yea. I can't wait for today to be done. Then it's just a week of super dumb tests, then I can.... go home, I guess. Maybe they'll let me just stay here alone all summer." because going back to Wools sounded about as much fun as putting your hand in a bear trap. She huffed a sigh, wishing she had other options. She couldn't even say she was happy to be with Annalise, because she got adopted. And that meant Wools would be even lonelier. Who was she supposed to talk to? The little kids? Ugh.

{{Wearing :: Comfy & Cute}}
          {{OoC: Courtesy quoted Trick for Annalise mentions}}
          Graydon Ironshield

TrickBlues

Bʟᴀᴄᴋʙɪʀᴅ sɪɴɢɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴀᴅ ᴏғ ɴɪɢʜᴛ
          Tᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴡɪɴɢs ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴇᴀʀɴ ᴛᴏ ғʟʏ
          Aʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟɪғᴇ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴡᴀɪᴛɪɴɢ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜɪs ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴀʀɪsᴇ
          Tᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ sᴜɴᴋᴇɴ ᴇʏᴇs ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴇᴀʀɴ ᴛᴏ sᴇᴇ
          Aʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟɪғᴇ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴡᴀɪᴛɪɴɢ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜɪs ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ғʀᴇᴇ
          Bʟᴀᴄᴋʙɪʀᴅ ғʟʏ, Bʟᴀᴄᴋʙɪʀᴅ ғʟʏ
          Iɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪɢʜᴛ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋ ʙʟᴀᴄᴋ ɴɪɢʜᴛ

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 1:59 pm
User Image
Brianna Cathaline Quinn-Smith
SlytherinFourth YearFourteen Years OldSingle

Brianna could understand Csuri’s desire to just hide inside the castle, and let the carnival go on without her being there. It was overwhelming, especially with all the guests running around on the grounds, along with all the music and general merrymaking. She also got why Csuri might not be looking forward to seeing her …’guys showing up. As much as Mom and the Quinns would say otherwise, realistically, they were here to see Ron and what he’d put together. She didn’t begrudge her older brother anything, because she knew how much work he’d put into things, having helped out where she could, and this was his last hurrah before leaving the school.

Well, you can certainly hang with me, if you want,” Brianna offered. “Maybe between the two of us we can make today less of a Grade-EE suckfest. I know you’re not interested in Quidditch, but I could introduce you to the kids in the Dueling Club; they’ll be looking for new members for next term.” Brianna also knew that the Quinns wouldn’t mind her having a friend along if they decided to do something as a family today.

She then heard what Csuri was saying about the week to come, and what came after, and Brianna couldn’t fathom what she was suggesting. Summer was that golden, magical time that seemed to stretch on into forever, where she was free of teachers and homework and schedules; she couldn’t imagine spending the holiday stuck here. “Oh, trust me, after all the noise is done, I’m studying for exams. I can help you study; although if its help in Potions or Herbology you need, Ron will be coaching me, I can get him to help you too… As for summer, I’ve been meaning to ask if you want to exchange contact info, so we can send Owl Post to each other. I was thinking we could ask Mom if it was okay for you to visit us. We can pick you up, so that wouldn’t be a problem. We live up in the Cotswold, you know, like way away from The City. I wouldn’t want to be in the castle by myself over the summer, the place is creepy enough as it is; I mean, I’m sure even the staff and the House Elves go somewhere on holiday. So what do you think?”

OOC:
Cinnabun Gryffie

User Image
                  "And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
                  Or the moment of truth in your lies
                  When everything feels like the movies
                  Yeah, you bleed just to know you're alive."

"And I don't want the world to see me
                  'Cause, I don't think that they'd understand
                  When everything's made to be broken
                  I just want you to know who I am "

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:58 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Over by the Herbology Booth
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Various People
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Exploring... kinda
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? At least it's a lovely day!

Tàmhas had so many things to do today. Normally, he wouldn't have gone with the quidditch kids, but apparently he was an "important part of the Quidditch program" and should therefore at least stop by the pitch. Luckily, several of his friends also went to the pitch, so he wasn't alone. A couple of the pro players had been kind enough to say hi, even though one seemed confused why they'd chosen him as the announcer. But hey, that's show-biz, baby. It didn't take long before the friends all split up, with Erikk and Jaelah going off to... who knew where. Aurias was supposed to go to the stage. And Will wanted to borrow Áedán for a while. So... the group split up. (of course, Áedán doubled back so he and Tàm could share a small kiss behind the stands, away from everyone else.

Tàm debated for a moment where to go, but found himself walking toward the Herbology club booth. After all, it was his favorite club... And he did have a flower in his hair.... even if he wasn't sure where it'd come from. He started the long little walk over to the booth, wishing he could walk at an even keel, rather than his weird, wobbly gait. Oh well. Eventually, he made it over to his plant-loving pals, green eyes bright with his sunny optimism. It looked pretty busy on this side of the carnival too, which was reassuring. Plus, if he needed to leave or sit down, he was sure his pals wouldn't mind. Maybe eventually he'd get a new bonus leg that didn't constantly hurt. Or not. Whichever.

{{Wearing :: A Flower in his Hair}}
          {{OoC: Open for Interaction! Tam can always use more pals!}}
          Tàmhas - #43B3AE Áedán

I, I'ᴍ sɪᴄᴋ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛɪʀᴇᴅ ᴏғ ʙᴇɪɴɢ sɪᴄᴋ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛɪʀᴇᴅ
          Aɴᴅ ʟᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ ɴᴇɢᴀᴛɪᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs ᴄᴏʟʟɪᴅᴇ
          Wʜʏ ʙᴇᴛʀᴀʏ ᴍʏ ᴍɪɴᴅ ᴡʜᴇɴ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏɴᴛʀᴏʟ ɪs ᴍɪɴᴇ
          Gᴏᴛ ɴᴏ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ sɪᴛ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ sɪᴅᴇʟɪɴᴇs ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ᴘʟᴀʏ
          Tʜᴇ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ
          Gᴏᴛᴛᴀ sᴛʀɪᴋᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʟɪɢʜᴛɴɪɴɢ ᴀɴᴅ sʜɪɴᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀғʀᴀɪᴅ
          Pᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ sᴀʏ, I'ᴍ ᴀʟɪᴠᴇ
          I'ᴍ ʙʀᴇᴀᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ. I'ᴍ ᴀʟɪᴠᴇ, ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴅʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴠɪʙᴇ
          I'ᴍ sᴛɪʟʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴀᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟɪᴠᴇ ᴍʏ ʟɪғᴇ ᴀғʀᴀɪᴅ

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:27 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx❀ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I can't tell her where I live!

Csuri rolled her eyes when Brianna mentioned hanging with her. Apparently she figured if they were together, the day wouldn't be so terrible. She mentioned Dueling Club, earning a huffy sigh. "Dueling club. Really. You think they're gonna be super cool with a kid who can barely do magic? Get yourself together, Brianna." Admittedly, Brianna had no way of knowing why Csuri's mood was extra sour, but that didn't change the mindset of the younger Slytherin. For weeks, she and Professor Vihaan had talked about where they'd go if anywhere in the world. It was when Csuri mentioned she thought it would be neat to go anywhere outside of London... or wherever the heck Hogwarts was. Even with her birth parents, she'd lived in London and hadn't ever traveled. So going anywhere would be neat.

But lately, he seemed busy. Distracted. And their conversations changed from lighthearted travels to.... school and stuff. Just when Csuri thought she'd met the only cool adult probably ever... and now he was all but ignoring her. She was right. No one ever was actually a good person. It was impossible. Everyone was a jerk.

Brianna started in on how she'd be studying for exams, even offering to help her study. She also offered her goody-two-shoes brother to help, earning another eye roll from the preteen. Brianna's next words made the younger halt in her tracks. She wanted to exchange contact information? But why? She even said she wanted her mom to invite Csuri over for a bit, and they could pick her up and stuff. "The school isn't creepy if you know where to be. And you.... can't... have my information. Um... I don't have... it handy? Uh. But you can give me yours, I guess. But I can't come over. Because I'll be...."

'Think of a lie.... think of a liiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeee.....'

"....busy?"

Perfect. Now Brianna was gonna think she was even weirder. She huffed again, but this sigh was more over her own thoughts. If she gave Brianna her info, she'd then have to explain that she lived in Wool's. Because even though she had originally had hopes, Csuri was dang near convinced that no one would ever adopt her. And the closest thing she'd ever had to a sibling, Annalise, had been adopted, so she'd be even lonlier. Unfortunately, the two people Csuri most wanted to talk to probably didn't want to talk with her...

{{OoC: Courtesy quoted adda for Vihaan mentions}}
          Graydon Ironshield

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:15 pm

User Image☻☺
GALEN EZREAL SAYLOR

seventh year || Hufflepuff || halfblood metamorphmagus
Adventurer's Guild chronicler || Art Club cartoonist || Creature Appreciation Club enthusiast
Order of the Stick captain || Cooking Club executive chef || Quidditch chaser

Nora handed off the niffler in her hand and greeted him before remembering something and scurrying off, leaving Galen a couple seconds to greet the young girl and turn his pockets out to show Newt he, unfortunately, didn’t have any shiny goodies on him. Nora was back, her wire earpiece slotted in piece and turning her hair bright green. She kissed his cheek, leaving a blush of pink. He grinned, wordlessly streaking neon green highlights through the darker green of his hair and down the glowing lines on his skin.

“I’ll be okay,” he replied with an easy smile, hands resting on her waist. ”There’s lots to do but the excitement of everything being today is keeping me hyped. It's going to be a ton of fun. Plus, my day just got a ton brighter because I got to catch you early,” he added with a little peck in return on her nose. It’d be even nicer to be able to wander around together, but they both had a ton of clubs–not all of them the same– to watch over at least until they knew everything was running smoothly. ”Oh- ho! Consider snacks added to the menu then, lovey.”

setting Creature Appreciation Petting Zoo. Day 1 of the Carnival || with Nora~
appearance 5'10", Lightly-glowing lines along his skin, sideswept green hair with side fade and neon highlights || wearing Milan made this for me
status I wonder if I can find her some chocolate....

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
If sunlight bothers you in the path then
I'll spread the shade
If darkness scares you then
On the horizon I'll decorate the moon
If you're sad, then I'll crack jokes
And make you laugh
Laughing and singing this way
I'll walk four steps with you.
☺☻
~"Chaar Kadam" from PK..

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:12 pm
User Image

Brianna gave a snort of a sardonic chuckle, and replied, “Oh, you mean just like the rest of the Second Years that join the club? Trust me, you won’t be any worse than anybody else. I wasn’t any great shakes either, Csuri. However, the club’s a great place to make friends, have some laughs, build up self-confidence in your spellwork, and picking up useful tricks from the older students. And, before you ask, no, they won’t stick you against anybody you can’t handle a contest with.” The Fourth Year was confident enough in her dueling skills that had she been in Ron’s position when they’d been attacked a few years back, she’d have given that deranged kid a run for his money, and maybe even sent him packing.

It seemed to her Csuri was a little flustered at the idea of exchanging information, and Brianna shrugged, and said, “Well, that’s okay if you don’t immediately have it at hand. We have all of next week to do that, and the train ride back to London.” Brianna had to agree with Csuri in that there were areas of the school which weren’t creepy, but there would be a big difference between what the castle was like when everybody was here, and when there was nobody except maybe the ghosts here. The next comment Csuri made had her confused though, first she’d made it sound, at least to Brianna’s ears, like she might not have much to look forward to over the summer, and now she was busy with something. Of course, it was likely she was reading more into things than was actually there. “Ooooh, do tell. What’s on tap for your summer? Something fun, I hope.”

OOC:
Cinnabun Gryffie

User Image

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:58 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx❀ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Why does she keep questioning my lies!

Csuri rolled her eyes at Brianna's note that all the second years were terrible at magic. It simply wasn't true. She'd seen with her own two eyes her own classmates doing magic way better than herself. Brianna continued, saying it was a great place to make friends (as if she hadn't been told that about literally every club) and that it'd build up her self-confidence. As if anything could. "Well yea. They couldn't pair me up with someone my skill level. Because the bar is on the floor." Her arms crossed over her chest, a small scowl settled in place. "Besides. It sounds awful. I don't want to watch people magic-fight. Or regular fight. I don't know why you enjoy it." There. Deflect the weirdness onto the other person. That... would probably work.

After trying to avoid sharing information, Brianna said they still had plenty of time before the end of the year. Dang it. Unless she just happened to get adopted in the next couple days, eventually Brianna would know the truth. "Yep. All week. But um... it's exams. So I'll probably be busy. You too." There. That was believable, right? Exams were busy at primary school. And now it was a ton more people with a bunch harder tests. Maybe she'd ask Professor Vihaan to go over Transfiguration again before the test... He was pretty good at it.

After her lie about being busy, Brianna asked about it. Dang it! She should learn to be a better liar. "Y'know... normal... summer... things. What are you doing, huh?" Deflection would work. Maybe. Because the only plan she knew of was to sit on the couch at Wool's and read. Maybe she could pretend up something neat? But would Brianna just... ask more questions? Probably. Given how many questions she already asked, anyway.

Graydon Ironshield

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:39 pm
User Image

I wouldn’t say that, Csuri,” Brianna said when Csuri described her skill level as being ‘the bar is on the floor’. “This is all still new, and you’re learning the basics of magic, so your first year is going to have a bit of a learning curve. There’s nothing you can’t do if you put your mind to it. All you need is time, repetitions, and having a little faith in yourself to succeed.” Brianna found herself inwardly chuckling, as she sounded to her ears as though she were channeling Ron, which wasn’t a bad thing she supposed, but it was kinda funny.

When asked about why she enjoyed the fighting, Brianna smiled, and she answered, “It’s not the fighting so much, not really. Its the camaraderie and the mutual respect between my dueling partner and I. Remember, the idea isn’t to hurt anybody; this is you being in direct competition with another witch or wizard, and the challenge of figuring out how to win. It’s not a team thing like Quidditch, you succeed or fail on your own merits. Not to mention, its extra Defense Against the Dark Arts training, which is never a bad thing, and you’ll pick up stuff that might come in handy if you ever need to protect yourself.”

Csuri mentioned how busy they’d be over the next week, and Brianna nodded, and she said, ”Yes, of course, we’ll both be busy this coming week, but we can still meet up over meals, you can certainly study with me, and if you still need help with Transfigurations, I’ll help you anyway I can. We’ve got plenty of opportunities, and there’s still the ride back to London.”

At the mention of what she might be doing over the summer, Brianna couldn’t help but smile, and she replied, “Oh, well, there’s swimming, and hanging with friends from my old school. One of them is in a summer cricket league, so it’ll be fun getting to see them play. Mom’s already told us she scored tickets to see Tutshill play the Harpies at Holyhead, so I’m looking forward to doing that; so’s Ron since he’s a Tutshill-supporter. Of course, we’ll be visiting the Quinns and seeing our cousins. But that’s just me, I’m sure you’ve loads in store, Csuri, right? What are you looking forward to doing most?”

OOC:
Cinnabun Gryffie

User Image

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:15 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx❀ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I do want to read, though

Csuri sent over a pointed look when Brianna tried to console her, saying it was all still new and she was learning and whatnot. "Right, so how long did it take you to figure it out? Bet your answer is shorter than a year." Everyone and their mother (sometimes literally) had told her she'd eventually figure it out. It was just like maths class in primary when they tried to learn long division. Though in maths class, she could just use a calculator and not bother with "showing her work".... which didn't work in the magical world. Maybe someone should invent a spell cheat thing... probably not her... but someone.

While trying to ask why Brianna of all people would like fighting, the older girl branched off in some nonsense about camaraderie and mutual respect. That sounded gross. It wasn't a team sport, yet you needed to be a good team player, right? And you passed or failed by your own skill. "So sounds like it's just magical bullying. Like. Maybe I'd go. Maybe.... if I could cast spells good enough to hold my own. But if you say it's good. I'll maybe sit in. Once. Probably." Csuri kicked at a small rock with the toe of her sandal, avoiding eye contact after kinda agreeing to try a new thing. After all, Brianna hadn't been entirely wrong about Herbology Club... but it was just to socially draining. Maybe in Dueling less happy-peppy kids would talk to her.

After trying to use the busy card, Brianna easily noted that both would be, however, they still shared meal times, study times, and also there was still the train ride. Dang her.... older... kid logic! Csuri's brows furrowed as she tried to think of a viable excuse. "Yea, I guess." Was all she could muster. Studying sounded horrible, but at least Brianna wasn't the worst study partner in the world. At least it wasn't the weird sunshine-y Hufflepuff kid that offered to help. Csuri avoided him anytime he was in the library.... for her own sanity.

Brianna spoke of her summer plans, all of which sounded nice enough. Except for visiting old school friends. Then again, the kids at Csuri's old school were all nightmares. Maybe Brianna had normal classmates. She mentioned a sport match, and Csuri had to puzzle out if it was for one of the muggle sports or not. They sounded vaguely magical, so they were probably quidditch, right? What muggle team would opt for the harpies? Dang it. Brianna asked what Csuri was most looking forward to... wait. One plan was far better than a whole summer of activities. "Honestly? Just catching up on reading. I've been busy with school stuff and haven't even been to the good part of the library in days." It was true, though. Except at Wool's, she'd be constantly interrupted. Maybe she could convince one of the volunteers that she was old enough to visit the public library on her own....

Graydon Ironshield

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 5:26 pm
User Image

Brianna rolled her eyes, and she finally admitted, “Okay, you got me there, but I had loads of help. Mom gave me pointers, and I asked the teachers all kinds of questions, and Ron tutored me all during my First Year. Did my best to get better, because I knew he had OWLs the next term, and I didn’t want to impose on him, no matter what he said otherwise. Point is, you have the talent, and you got this; I know you do.”

When Csuri mentioned ‘magical bullying’, that struck a nerve in Brianna, and she replied tartly, “We don’t put up with bullies, Csuri, not in the least. We’re there to have fun competing against each other, not puffing up somebody’s over-inflated sense of self.” Brianna drew a deep breath and smiled when Csuri said she might sit-in, and she said with a bit of humour, “Ah, come on, its just like going to the pool. Jump in already, the waters’ fine. And, don’t worry, I’ll be there and I can coach you.”

Csuri mentioned catching up on her reading, and Brianna nodded and said, “Yeah, I know what you mean. I gave up on the kids’ section of the public library years ago, at least for history and such. I have a bunch of books at home I haven’t had the chance to look through, so that’s on my list of things to do. Tell you what: if you come visiting, there’s this cool used bookstore run by an older couple we can check out. They’re non-Wizarding folk by the way, just so you know, but I’ve been going in there since I was little, and they know me. Narrow aisles with tall bookcases, full of old books; some of them are collector editions, but you never know what bargains you might find. What do you like to read?”

OOC:
Cinnabun Gryffie

User Image

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 6:13 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx❀ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I do want to read, though

The smallest hint of a smile showed up in Csuri's expression when Brianna confessed the younger had won. Something about beating an older intellectual kid in logic made a little bubble of pride in the younger girl. "Yea, yea, family's a great teacher and all. So I guess you're just trying to pass it down on whatever kid stands too close?" A sparkle of challenge lit up in the silvery eyes, Csuri hoping to keep up whatever trace of good spirits she'd found. Plus, she was at least 40% sure Brianna wouldn't be too angry.... probably. She'd been wrong before, after all.

As they spoke about Dueling Club, Csuri had commented on potential bullying, which seemed to upset the older blonde. Csuri's frown changed to one more akin to worry. As much as she thought the older blonde was a touch nosey... well, Brianna was one of like 3 people she didn't mind talking with. Brianna seemed stern that there would be no bullying under her watch. The younger Slytherin simply nodded, curls bobbing with the movement. Brianna, luckily, seemed to switch back to her normal, calm self as she tried to convince Csuri to join in. "Yea, yea. It's all sunshine and daisies, right? But I guess if you'll be there... I'll give it a try. But my expectations are on the ground... l-like the bar." A look that betrayed her worries and her seriousness fell over, but it certainly didn't sound like the dumbest club idea. Plus, Defense was at least an interesting class, so maybe some extra help would be nice.

They switched to reading, a nice, safe topic. Brianna spoke on her wanting more grown-up books, which Csuri nodded over. Csuri absolutely hated people telling her to "read her age" or whatever the heck that was. Brianna offered to take Csuri to a "cool" used bookstore she knew. Apparently Brianna had befriended the owners. Unless they could take 4 knuts and some miscellaneous muggle coinage she'd managed to find over the years, Csuri probably couldn't afford anything. But hey, browsing was free and she could always try to borrow the matching books from the library near Wool's. "Mostly mystery books. The ones that are at least somewhat feasible, y'know? I've tried to read fantasy stuff, but it's just not my jam. Stuff like Nancy Drew, Virals, and Dead Girls Detective Agency. The ones for... not kids, but like... teens? I know I'm not a teen yet, but I'm close enough." She shrugged a bit, then had a wondering. "What kind of books do you read? Maybe we can... trade or something?" A small spark lit up, wondering if maybe they could have something not-Transfiguration or clubs to talk about. Or maybe Brianna would have super boring books... either way.

Graydon Ironshield

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 5:42 pm
User Image

Seeing Csuri smile, even just that little bit was enough to buoy Brianna’s spirits. The Fourth Year got the feeling there were things going on with the younger Slytherin she couldn’t begin to fathom, and she couldn’t recall seeing her smile previously. She chuckled at Csuri’s comment about passing whatever she could to some ‘random kid’, and said with a smile, “Naw, just passing it on to my friends.”

Though she’d been quite serious when it came to subject of bullies, the idea of the club being all ‘sunshine and daisies’, was enough to get Brianna to sputter into laughter. “Oh, right, pull the other one, it's got bells on it. Yeah, things can get pretty intense during duels, but it’s all part of the club experience, and it takes being there on a regular basis to really appreciate it; and I don’t mean a one and done. Folks in the Club are friends, rivals, an’ everything in between. Someday they may become colleagues and contacts after I graduate and see about getting in at the Ministry.”

As they shifted towards books, she said, “Oh, don’t even get me started on fantasy. Ron tried to get me into ‘A Song of Fire and Ice’, but that was just too much, and he can quote Tolkien at length. I love the old Nancy Drew books and the Hardy Boys, but I also like Sherlock Holmes, Dashiell Hammett, and Agatha Christie. I also collect books on English and Welsh history.” She didn’t mention that she’d half-expected to see everybody’s dream girl, Nora Dashwood, be hooked up with a guy named Nick, but then she wasn’t sure Csuri would catch a ‘Thin Man.’ reference.

OOC:
Cinnabun Gryffie

User Image

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 1:28 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx❀ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? She likes mystery books too????

Csuri watched Brianna curiously for a moment, wondering where her thoughts lie. The older blonde said she was passing it to a friend, so Csuri did an exaggerated eye roll. "Ugh. Gross." But she still had the faintest grin, and didn't look away. The thought of having friends was still an entirely foreign concept to the younger blonde. What was she supposed to do with a friend? Like. Did they do anything special? Normal kids with friends got invited places and partied and just... seemed so nice. Then again, lots of the friend groups at Primary just ganged up on Csuri and tormented her in a 5-on-1 battle. So maybe friends were super dumb.

Apparently something about the club being too nice was also not quite right. Though this time, Brianna laughed instead of getting really sharp. She went on to say things got intense, and there were rivalries... but also somehow friends? Csuri couldn't imagine being friends with any of her rivals. Then again, real life was seldom like books or movies. Normally rivalry involved both sides being strong. Where in her experience, it was a lot of skilled older kids ripping her apart. Maybe Brianna had a different definition of rivalry. "That's dumb. Why would you want to be friends with a rival? Rivals means enemies. Enemies implies an inherent lack of friendship. Also, a Ministry job sounds boring. You could probably get any job you wanted, but you want to work at the boring old Ministry?" Despite it coming out a little grumpy, Csuri was quite curious why her older.... well... not really friend, per se, but... mentor? ... no... her.... guy? Sure. Close enough.... She wondered why Brianna would want a boring desk job when she seemed really smart and could probably work anywhere.

Not that Csuri exactly knew the ins and outs of job hunting. She had no clue what she wanted to do for work either. Then again, she was pretty sure her skillset meant she'd probably be a hobo somewhere in Magical London. Maybe a librarian? Then she could be around books all day and tell people to shut up. On the subject of books, Brianna seemed to agree that fantasy was just a little too much. Though her brother could apparently quote the Lord of the Rings series.... and honestly, what Csuri knew of the guy, well, it sounded like a pretty accurate fact.

When Brianna said she liked the old Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys books, Csuri couldn't help the excited spark in her eyes. A small smile touched her, the younger girl thinking she might finally have someone to talk with about her favorite books. Brianna added a few others she liked. "I keep getting told those ones are too 'grown up'. But you're not an adult. So I'm gonna read them. I'll just say you said it was fine." She nodded sternly, curls bobbing with the motion. Of course. Brianna also collected History books, which sounded like pretty much the most boring thing ever. Well... other than like... politics books or stuff. Silvery eyes looked up at the older Slytherin, wondering if she'd tell Csuri she was too young for the so-called "grown up books" or if she'd be cool. Csuri had discovered books seemed to be a good way to weed out the butthole kids.

Graydon Ironshield

Quote:

Event ~ Club Carnival (Open!)