User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

When Răzvan had finally gotten into the cabinets in Rare’s Vardo he had created such a mess in his frantic search that it was hard to tell what was what. Bits and baubles had been strewn all over the floor. But one thing in particular had caught her eye. Pink gaze widening at the sudden realization of what she was looking at. How did her childe get his hands on it?

The Heart’s Desire.

A powerful object that could bend anyone to one’s will by offering them what they desired the most. As anyone would do anything for what their heart wanted most. Be it a person or a material item. It was perfect for what she wanted to achieve. Snatching it up she tucked it into her clothes. The shiny heart shaped gem fit snuggly between her breasts. While Răzvan was busy she had silently slipped out of the Vardo and swiftly ran away. She knew he couldn’t follow her. Not now. He wanted Rares and this was the perfect opportunity for her to escape from his grasp. Răzvan wanted to keep her, she knew that. And Cryso planned to be caged by no man. No matter how she felt.

For nights she traveled in the cover of darkness. Ever wary of every shadow, every snap of a twig or the sound of foot falls nearby. There were prowling werewolves and vampire hunters out and about. Cryso took shelter during the day when she could. Just when she thought she couldn’t travel anymore she finally found what she had been searching for.

Durga Syn’s Kumpania.

Weaving her way through the small camp settled in a grove of thick trees she approached her old friend’s Vardo. Wary of the eyes that fell upon her as she walked through. Tapping on the door firmly she waited on that porch. What would Syn say once Cryso told her her story? She couldn’t hide anything from the prophetess. In fact, she probably already knew what had happened already.

A long moment passed before the door opened and she caught the brief glimpse of an elderly figure, hunched and decrepit before it was quickly replaced by the beauty there was Durga Sun.

The mother bear. “Cryso….I knew you would show up eventually.” Syn’s voice was warm and smooth as she regarded her old friend. Gold eyes glowing in the fire light that flickered shadows against her Vardo.

“I need a safe haven, Syn. Zapathasura has betrayed me an-“

Syn lifted a hand with a slight shake of her head. “I know, Prietenul meu.” Stepping aside she allowed Cryso to enter her Vardo. Shooting Zilato who was seated by the bonfire a knowing glance before closing the door behind them. “Come sit. Would you like some tea?” Syn made her way into the kitchen to get a pot boiling. The sound of cups clinking as the water wuickly came to a boil. “He will come for you you know.”

Cryso’s eyes lidded halfway as she sat and relaxed on a lounging chaise. “I know….”

“He will kill you.”

“….I know.”

“Are you not worried?”

“I’m tired Syn.”

“Very well. I already know the answer.” She returned to the room and settled one cup made of an opalescent material in the Ante’s hands before taking her own and settling into a pile of large pillows. “If you stay here you cannot use your real name. Your presence it threat enough and I should kick you out.”

“So why haven’t you?” She took a sip of her tea. Her pink gaze locked on the bard.

“Because you are my friend Cryso. I know you have few in this world but I would hope our friendship counted for something.”

Settling her cup into the saucer Cryso sighed. “Fine. I will go by something else. I will need a change of clothes and a new identity.”

“It won’t stop him. He will find you.”

Cryso’s pink lips formed into a tight, thin line as she regarded the other Antediluvian. Syn lifted her hands in defeat. “I have something you can wear.”

“I need a jeweler next time we are in the city. I have something I need set into gold for easy carrying.” She didn’t reveal what she had to the other female. Of course she knew what she had. For now, they sat in silence. Time seemed to flick by.

Nights had passed and Cryso had changed her name. She now went by The Black Mother and took up palmistry and fortune telling within the small Kumpania. It was what she had been good at in her earlier years anyway. No surprise she was still an expert