Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Cosplayers on Youtube

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:10 pm
Hey everyone,

I'm in the process of wrapping up my first round of making cosplay tutorial list, but in the mean time I'm going to start some other related projects, including making general cosplay list and places to gather information.

Part of that is getting a list of Cosplayers/cosplay related content that people follow on Youtube or frequently watch.

So what do you guys keep an eye out for?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:04 pm
I love tutorials, especially if its with materials/tools for modest budgets. I don't have the space/fund to have a whole workbench of power tools haha. So I appreciate seeing people make amazing things without an amazing budget.

Other content I like to look for is photo/videography tips and ideas. I'm not very tech savvy, so seeing examples of how to get the effects for an idea I may have helps a lot.

For some cosplayers, tips and tricks for posing could be helpful. Both actual pose ideas, and possibly how to combat camera shyness if anyone has videos on that.  

Ennichi_Jimetsu
Crew

O.G. Gaian

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:40 pm
Ennichi_Jimetsu
I love tutorials, especially if its with materials/tools for modest budgets. I don't have the space/fund to have a whole workbench of power tools haha. So I appreciate seeing people make amazing things without an amazing budget.

Other content I like to look for is photo/videography tips and ideas. I'm not very tech savvy, so seeing examples of how to get the effects for an idea I may have helps a lot.

For some cosplayers, tips and tricks for posing could be helpful. Both actual pose ideas, and possibly how to combat camera shyness if anyone has videos on that.

I'm kind of the same way. I want to focus more on people who create in a certain way or that bring something to the table. I'm going to put Kamui Cosplay on the list because she's the master foamsmith, Yaya Han (and related youtube pages) for fabric updates and methods of using her fabrics, and Colleen Cosplay and Snappy Dragon for their focus on accessablity for minority and disabled Cosplayers. I'll probably do a few others, but as I said it needs to be more education on making cosplays or for the community. I also want to add the youtube pages for pattern designers like Angela Clayton and MimiG, that way people can look up their sew-along videos if they need help or want to prep for a piece.

I kind of want it more of a 'these guys are experts/face issues and they may help inspire others' over just 'this cosplayer is amazing'.  
Convention Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games